• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sneak Locke buff, giving everyone Valiant Knives.

Wish I had the 100 Mythrils I spent on Valiant Knife banner chasing it (and got crap) and the 100 I spent on FFT pre-update (getting crap). I know that there was no way to know such a crazy thing would happen. It just gives a very unpleasant feeling seeing people pulling it left and right after how my pulls went. This is my FFRK life, oh well! Haha!

Put 5 mythtil into tactics and another 5 into the latest banner. Received two 4 star relics. I don't know if I should just keep dumping everything I ever get into the tactics banner or not. I've spent about 150 mythril on it at this point and only gained ONE five star relic which was the ice rod. Pretty bad experience.

MrDaravon

I'm tempted to spend the little mythril I have now on either of the banners currently up, but I already have a Valiant Knife lol. How weird.

Let's hope you just have bad luck like I do with the Gysahl Greens. I saw 1 drop out of Easy, Easy, Normal, Normal, Hard, Hard, Heroic. +.

I'm not even talking about greens. The fact that 30 stamina dungeons still drop mostly 3 star orbs is just wrong. Im not surprised at the balancing, it's just how these evil games work sadly.

As someone who did 60+ pulls on the tactics banner and basically got nothing, this just really feels upsetting. I just... *sigh*

The tons of screwing up lately from DeNA with no recompense has really been turning me off from this game.

ccbfan

The new beginning banner and the updated FFT tactics banner is making this a really tough decision.

The beginning banner pretty much nullifies a large majority of the reasons I want to pull FFT. (Ramza's armor and Faris Debuff SSB)

But what are the chances this banner is the same on global.

Plus that Valiant Knife (My most wanted relic on the SSB banners) seem to be all over the place.

Or should I just pull Relm banner since Valiant Knife is also there and both Relm and Shadow's relics are awesome.

ccbfan

As someone who did 60+ pulls on the tactics banner and basically got nothing, this just really feels upsetting. I just... *sigh*

The tons of screwing up lately from DeNA with no recompense has really been turning me off from this game.

I know the feeling.

Dumped 450 myths on the Tactic banner. Got 0 of the big 3 items.

DENA denied messing with the rates.

Suddenly new banner comes outs and all the rates are good like expect?

WTF?

MrDaravon

Did a 3 pull and got nada, figures :p

But yeah wow there are a TON of people on reddit reporting Valiant Knife pulls from both the FFT and FF6 banners, and people seem to be pulling a lot of the better FFT relics now as well although probably not enough sample size on that to dismiss it as just RNG. Something is clearly up with the Valiant Knife thing. I like a theory someone posted that the difference in the increase in 5* drop rate from before is now just a flat % for Valiant Knife specifically to drop.

Edit: Oh wow, so in my 3-pull I got the FF1 Defender sword which is whatever, but I'm seeing a lot of people say they specifically got that one as well? What the fuck is going on?

Dumped 30 mythril into the relm banner and got the Strago rod. Not what I wanted but it is my first Mage weapon for vi and an 80 pt mag improvement in realm.

Yeah if you didn't have a natural 5* in FF6 it's really not bad, I think maxed out it beats Maduin's Horn by like 2 MAG.

Brandson

If you're deciding whether to pull, I just did two 3-pulls to see if I could get another Valiant Knife. No 5* on either pull. The Valiant Knife SSB is very strong though, if you are considering pulling. It has been no problem buffing it to hit 9999x8 on elite bosses so far. And then with Thief's Revenge also hitting for 6000x5 buffed on the same elites, I don't see Locke leaving my party.

Kouriozan

Oh well, here is my 5* haul (230 mythrils spent/57 left...)

White Staff FFT
Drill FF VI
Golden Shield (no SB) FF VI
Spellbinder (no SB) FFT
2x Kaiser Shield FFT (I have 4 of them now lol)
Grand Armor FFT

My Ramza is finally complete, I now have all current unique FFT (S)SB :O

j8GuFEml.jpg

ccbfan

Woah!!!!

I just did a pull of 3 and got shadow fang!!!!

Gonna try FFT pull of 3 and call it a day pulling these two banners,

Edit: Ehh got nothing for FFT.

I wish I knew that they were going to increase the rates after the maintenance. I spent 65 mythril on the tactics banner last night and came out with nothing.

Dragner

I only have one SB selected even if I have more uniques for that character, its not the first time I S/L an ultimate because I touched the wrong SB.

ccbfan

Ok my shout team just got a major upgrade with Shadow Fang. Basically changing my shout team to.

Shadow (SSB) - Lifesiphon/????
Seph (SSB) - Lifesiphon/????
Cecil or Agrias (SSB) (Depends on Multi vs Single) - Lifesiphon/Shellga or Protectaga
Tyro (SG) - Full Break/Some Breakdown or Curaga if I don't have healer.
Depends on situation: Vanille (Protectaga Medica)/Yuffie (Medica)/Other of Cecil or Agrias/Mog (dewall)/Ramza (rock throw)

What hones/skills do I need hones Shadow to turn him into a super shout member?

Dragner

I don't know what else to put on Shadow besides Lifesiphon and maybe Dismissal or Tempo Flurry.

you dont need much more, dismissal its always decent, if you are going for shout team basically lifesiphon and SSB its the only thing you will be doing 99% of the time, the other skills are just for requirements.

ccbfan

you dont need much more, dismissal its always decent, if you are going for shout team basically lifesiphon and SSB its the only thing you will be doing 99% of the time, the other skills its just for requirements.

So sticking 2 R3 Lifesiphons (To save on power and wind orbs) might be the best way to go?

hesho

a couple of things..

has anyone gotten any gystal greens to drop in the orb dungeon at all? All of mine that dropped came from the gil dungeons or completion bonus.

and... am i the only one that is seriously turned off by the game because DENA can screw around with the pull rates as they please? While yes, there won't be another over hyped banner like FFT, i question if they would do something like that again during, say a SSB fest banner or BSB banners in the future.

ccbfan

Just looked at the gyshal green shop.

Does this mean we'll get 2 MC2s a month from the shop.

Plus the one we get from Nightmare. That's 3 a month.

Makes me a less cautious about spending MC2s for RM purposes.

Balphon

It seems more likely that they mistakenly added Valiant Knife at the standard SSB relic weightage to both pull tables, since that accounts for the change pretty much exactly.

I suppose they could have done so intentionally, but that would be weird even for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom