• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcheim

I shouldn't have read this thread after hoarding a few mythrils. I saw updated banner rates and went and wasted 15 mythril.

1st pull on Relm's banner... Yeah! 5 star explosion... Strago's Weapon

2nd pull on Tactics banner... Yes!!! another 5 star.... Turks suit.

3rd pull on Relm's banner... Another 5 star... it's an ... effin Strago Weapon again (I don't want to use this caharacter DeNa!!!)

c-murph

Raised the mythril and did another pull... I just got Three "Platinum Swords" in one pull. lol

OlpJhtF.png

I had another Tactics Platinum Sword from my other pull... Do I combine them for a 7* GAF?

Inbachi

Neo Member
You all are making me want to pull again and I already have Ramza's sword and armor. I'd really like something for Agrias though. Must...be......strong.

Augment that monster of a sword

Oh thanks for the reminder. I've been hoarding all my augment stone thingies because I haven't really had anything good to use them on. I'll dump them into the platinum sword I guess.

c-murph

Yeah.

But the real question is why you are still pulling on that banner when you already have the best item from it. I'm suspicious.

Suspicious? How? I just wanted Ramza's Armband so I could have his Stone Throwing move to make him even move viable in Boss Battles... :(

Suspicious? How? I just wanted Ramza's Armband so I could have his Stone Throwing move to make him even move viable in Boss Battles... :(

I have both stone throw and shout and I generally find that by the time Ramza has built up another SB gauge he really needs to reapply shout instead of throwing stones. I suppose I could give him life siphon instead of power/magic breakdown but I'd rather life siphon be on my main damage dealer (Auron) so that he can unleash his SSB a lot.

Balphon

I don't believe your lies.

You're a plant to try to get me to pull on the FFT banner again. It's the only explanation. :)

Seriously, though, grats. And I'd definitely combine the swords since you can use the 7* (with as much augment as you can) as your go-to non-synergy. There's so little FFT content that you won't get much benefit from having multiples.

Kouriozan

Joining the club with my very first 5*++ item

AjVqlOxl.jpg

Kinda half regret going frenzy spending nearly 300 mythrils just for Tailwind, I don't want to imagine if I didn't get it >.<

Falk

that puzzling face
So I was doing the ++ and it wasn't dropping -any- orbs and I was about to write a lengthy post ranting about how messed up every single patch is and how bugs like these are unacceptable going live.

then I realized it was the gil daily

so after a few personal successes today that saved me a ton of money and aggravation, I thought I'd try another paid pull on the FFT banner. And it paid off with 2x Ramza's armor and the Valiant Knife, which I've been really wanting.

100 mythril 2x gem pulls:
platinum sword
zip
chamelon robe
grand armor x2 valiant knife

need to save up 10k greens and unlock locke's mc2. sitting at 2682 after running all but the last 90 stam dungeon (doubtful will get to it again due to the late hour) and spending 1000 on the mythril.

Does this mean when the tyro's choice banner rolls around in 6 months I have to take that third grand armor to make it blue? I think so.

Valus

I'm gonna have another 50 mythril before the event is over. Balphon, anyone, stop me from throwing it at this damn banner. I've already drained it for practically everything else.

IMG_0166_zps6t6xltuv.png

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm gonna have another 50 mythril before the event is over. Balphon, anyone, stop me from throwing it at this damn banner. I've already drained it for practically everything else.

IMG_0166_zps6t6xltuv.png

It's time to put down your phone for a while!

c-murph

IMG_0166_zps6t6xltuv.png

Gawd Damn I wish we could trade in this game. I'd give you a Platinum Sword for an armband.

hesho

so.. i am still waiting for my first GG drop in an orb dungeon... i've gotten 2 major orbs still but no GG drop.. The rate seems TERRIBLE...

Did another few pulls on FFT ... Agrias' shield and, of course, Valiant Knife -- plus Ice Rod and White Staff. Locke is now my bro. (Still wanted Platinum Sword, but I really, really can't complain anymore.)

Seeing all these relics.......

I put in another 5 mythril.....

5 star relic!!!!!!!!!

It's a ffviii balamb garden uniform.....

Ok, I mean I did need more defensive ffviii gear but still...

Yeah, I start a new job on May 1, so I whaled a little here. This is honestly the only game I really play anymore. And the fact that I actually have SSBs now -- Locke, Terra, Squall, and (I guess) Red -- actually helps long-term.

I still want Platinum Sword or Defender, though...

Three days ago I posted this right before gathering 50 mythril.
I think I'll be better off holding on for a more beneficial banner (I could use one with great offensive physical SB options). Native Shout would surely be amazing, as would any of the FFT character relics, but I've been doing pretty well using Shout as a FS.

Yet, earlier today...
With all of the talk of increased drop rates, I went against my previous post and did a FFT 11-Pull.

http://i.imgur.com/eL3GK8Cg.jpg

Second Physical Attacking / Third Total SSB!
Steiner, I love you and your Stock Break but you have been replaced good sir.
I got Agrias's SSB + a generic FFVI Dagger in the only pull mythril pull I did on the FFT banner.

Later, I decided to give the VI banner a try with a 3-pull after I did some of the new dailies.

IDK if I'll ever use Stragos, but this is now my highest MAG Rod (120 Non-RS) so that's wonderful.

As I continued to do new dailies, the talk here + on Reddit lured me into spending the final 5 I had gotten on a Hail Mary.

Well...
BOOM! :D \o/ :D

Two new physical SSBs in one day! I'm in complete shock. Especially since I had planned, just days ago, to start hoarding my Mythril again. I'd say this puts a nice cap on my Anniversary pulls and puts me in a good position going forward.

I ended up going 23/143 (16%) in total on my Anniversary Drawing Spree; spending 540 Mythril and 900 Gems on eleven 11-Pulls, thirteen Single Pulls and nine 100-Gem Pulls.

Lucky Draws
- Celes's Soul Sabre (Runic Blade) [Dupe]
- Rinoa's Valkyrie (Angel Wings Bolt) [Dupe]
- Sephiroth's Masamune (Hell's Gate)
- Cecil's Lustrous Sword (Saint's Fall SSB)
- Cid's Trident (Dynamite)
- Krile's Magus Rod (Wind Drake's Roar)
- Reno's Goggles (Pyramid)

X-2
- Mage Staff X (Shared Medica)

Banner 5
- Steiner's Ultima Sword (Sword Art Stock Break) x 5 [All dupes]
- Yuffie's Wutai Headband (Clear Tranquil) x 2
- Garnet's Wizard Rod (Divine Guardian SSB) x 2
- Galuf's Thor Hammer (Fist of the Dawn)
- Golbez's Ebon Armor (Nightglow)

FFT
- Agrias's Defender (Hallowed Bolt SSB)
- Assassin's Dagger (Generic, no SB)

Relm
- Strago's Morning Star (Sabre Soul)
- Locke's Valiant Knife (Valiant Strike)

Dragner

Man im jealous of that valiant knife, Locke is great,I got Shadow that is a better SSB but on a way worse character. I would trade it.

Couldn't help myself another 5 mythril and.........
A 5 star relic!
FF Tactics White staff!
Getting closer to what I desire....

I seriously am going to keep going until the banner is gone. All these success stories got to me. Every 5 mythril will go straight into it.

Grzi

you gonna pull another fusion sword on the last 5 mythril

i can feel it

I wish.

But it was a 3* dagger.

I'm really starting to believe we have rolling gacha implemented. Whenever I do a bunch of single pulls it starts with 3* items, then 4, and when I finally get a 5 it starts over from 3. But I might be imagining things.

You all have me seriously tempted to pull on Tactics again lol. I did 2 11 pulls, getting armband, dagger, and Agrias' sword. I feel I should quit while I'm ahead. But it's calling...

Just wish I could get past Wiegraf, so hoping some more synergy might help. Everything i've tried, he's destroying me. Ugh.

ccbfan

You all have me seriously tempted to pull on Tactics again lol. I did 2 11 pulls, getting armband, dagger, and Agrias' sword. I feel I should quit while I'm ahead. But it's calling...

LOL I know since I got 0/3 top relics I wanted and Valiant Knife suddenly became a featured relic.

Speaking of which what to do with 4 defenders.

Its by far my strongest sword (My only other not free 5* sword is Cecil's SSB)

Should I go 5+/5+ or 5++/5 or maybe even 5+/5/5.

I have shadow and seph SSBs as well as Tyro SG so I doubt I will ever have a situation where I will use 4 swords.

c-murph

They seem to have changed the display items in the daily relic draw banner. I see Twin Bees and Platinum Sword. Not that I've ever won anything above 2* before.

I'm tapping out on Belias. I just don't think I have the stuff to make the abilities I need to beat it.

My last run got it down to about 1/4 health, then was hit by two Cyclops and a Titan, without enough time to do any healing. So close, yet so far away.

Dragner

Well the daily draw rate for 5* is now almost 10% of what was before,now is the same as Japan, but Japan also rolls 3 times a day.

Probably never pulling a 5* again, I was lucky once but at 0.035 it seems unlikely.

Brandson

I decided to do one 11 pull on Relm's banner last night, thinking there's a chance we might get partially refunded mythril, and got Oath Veil, Drill, Two Morning Stars, and Valiant Knife (which makes that a 7* for me). I finally let myself use some Rosetta stones, since I have a policy of only using them on frequently used 7* SSB or BSB gear, because they can be augmented the most. Valiant Knife is my first one to qualify for that rule so it's now my highest attack weapon at 150 without realm synergy. Feels good.

graywords

I'm tapping out on Belias. I just don't think I have the stuff to make the abilities I need to beat it.

My last run got it down to about 1/4 health, then was hit by two Cyclops and a Titan, without enough time to do any healing. So close, yet so far away.

You still have a couple of days left to farm and orb convert, if that might help.

The previous posts had a pretty solid strategy, but a question, are you able to slot Tempo Flurry or Slowga in? If you got hit 3 times without enough time to heal, it sounds like slowing his sheepy ass might be the edge you need.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
*snip* The previous posts had a pretty solid strategy, but a question, are you able to slot Tempo Flurry or Slowga in? If you got hit 3 times without enough time to heal, it sounds like slowing his sheepy ass might be the edge you need.

Don't EVER count on Tempo Flurry proc'ing slow. I tried using it in the LeBlanc ultimate and it didn't proc ONCE!!!

Had to use Death Blossom/Mako Might just to get it off at the beginning of the fight.

I don't know why but I pulled a 3 and 1 again after the fiasco and still not a thing. I guess SE wants me to feel defeated, to make me spend. Yeah sure, after getting nothing and gems not affecting draw rng, I'll go for it, yeah...

My rational part of the brain is saying it's not worth it and I should drop it. But my thickheaded emotions won't. I'm gonna win. Currently at 0 mythril, not pulling a damn thing until I reach 500. So help me Yevon.

Dragner

I don't know why but I pulled a 3 and 1 again after the fiasco and still not a thing. I guess SE wants me to feel defeated, to make me spend. Yeah sure, after getting nothing and gems not affecting draw rng, I'll go for it, yeah...

My rational part of the brain is saying it's not worth it and I should drop it. But my thickheaded emotions won't. I'm gonna win. Currently at 0 mythril, not pulling a damn thing until I reach 500. So help me Yevon.

So you are gonna pass on BSSB fest? You will need a lot of willpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom