• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are gonna pass on BSSB fest? You will need a lot of willpower.

Yup, skipping it. Will do the battles in the event itself. Currently the feeling is "what's the use if I'm not gonna get anything"? So, gonna be diligent, work my way up to 500 and when I see an event I like I'm gonna keep popping x11 draw until I get a single 5* weapon. If I'm satisfied, then the rest of the mythril goes for other stuff.

Though considering my luck, I wouldn't put it past me to not draw a single banner item our of a total of 110.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
So what banners are you guys saving for now?

I would LOVE to have Fran's SSB, but I'm leaning towards Desch just because FFIII rarely gets love, especially since Faris' BSSB was in Logres. Plus LS -> Advance -> SSB could be ridiculous, although under Shout Advance isn't even necessary.

They have Celes' Excalibur SSB pictured on the daily draw banner and it hasn't even been released yet...

It's not on the relic list either.

You still have a couple of days left to farm and orb convert, if that might help.

The previous posts had a pretty solid strategy, but a question, are you able to slot Tempo Flurry or Slowga in? If you got hit 3 times without enough time to heal, it sounds like slowing his sheepy ass might be the edge you need.

I've got Tempo Flurry slotted in my team. The problem is that I tried to get it to proc (again) right around the time he hit 50% health. After three uses, I was wiped by that one ridiculous turn. I'm debating if I should just egg my Lightning up all the way (she isn't even broken out yet, ugh) because I actually have her SSB. I also just got Shadow's off of a random 100 gem pull.

I think I just need to make another -ja spell and get it to at least R3. That would probably be a good idea.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
*snip* I'm debating if I should just egg my Lightning up all the way (she isn't even broken out yet, ugh) because I actually have her SSB. I also just got Shadow's off of a random 100 gem pull.
*snip*

Considering how good of a character Lightning is, the real question is: Why haven't you egged her up yet?

Shadow's skillset isn't the best, but that SSB is instant cast and ridiculous for burst damage. Egg him up now.

Considering how good of a character Lightning is, the real question is: Why haven't you egged her up yet?

Shadow's skillset isn't the best, but that SSB is instant cast and ridiculous for burst damage. Egg him up now.

When she came out, the equipment I had at the time didn't really fit with what she used. I also stopped playing for a while and only came back during the VII:AC event. Up to that point, the only characters I had broken out were Cloud, Rydia, Fran, and a few others. I'm working on catching up. It's daunting when theres so much to do and only limited stamina to do it with. I'm currently running with 82 Stamina, but I'm working on increasing that as well.

Dragner

Shadow is hands down the best damaging SSB in the game and its not even close. He will be forever in your late game parties unless you dont have a dagger or katana for him (he has the sephiroth tier bad equip options).

ccbfan

Yeah Shadow's SSB is so broken good that you don't need any other skills other than lifesiphon.

I think DPS wise

Shadow with atk near soft cap (doable even without RS weapon) and Tidus RM3 using

Lifesiphon x 2 + SSB is higher than anything that's not chain starter (5* skill) + full charge (5* skill) spam until Van BSSB like 6 months later.

Even better Shadow can save his SSBs and do a full burst at the weak phase (hardest phase) of ultimates. I tested it on Velius and he did 3x SSB when everyone else only did 1.

Yeah Shadow's SSB is so broken good that you don't need any other skills other than lifesiphon.

I think DPS wise

Shadow with atk near soft cap (doable even without RS weapon) and Tidus RM3 using

Lifesiphon x 2 + SSB is higher than anything that's not chain starter (5* skill) + full charge (5* skill) spam until Van BSSB like 6 months later.

Even better Shadow can save his SSBs and do a full burst at the weak phase (hardest phase) of ultimates. I tested it on Velius and he did 3x SSB when everyone else only did 1.

Oh really... This might change my plan of attack for the Belias fight.

Kain

After 50 mythril and getting nothing I'm saving the rest of my mythrils for FFVII banner and whatever Zack gets there. Fuck FFVI.

MrDaravon

I am no longer able to deal with the whiny manchildren on FFRK reddit anymore, not going in any threads over there anymore that aren't specific to something I'm looking for. Actually tempted to spend money in the game out of spite now haha.

Grzi

I am no longer able to deal with the whiny manchildren on FFRK reddit anymore, not going in any threads over there anymore that aren't specific to something I'm looking for. Actually tempted to spend money in the game out of spite now haha.

Yup, that's what I'm doing already lol, spending more money than before.

graywords

I've got Tempo Flurry slotted in my team. The problem is that I tried to get it to proc (again) right around the time he hit 50% health. After three uses, I was wiped by that one ridiculous turn. I'm debating if I should just egg my Lightning up all the way (she isn't even broken out yet, ugh) because I actually have her SSB. I also just got Shadow's off of a random 100 gem pull.

I think I just need to make another -ja spell and get it to at least R3. That would probably be a good idea.

Lightning SSB might be worth it for you. Using that under Shout, plus Alexander R2, I was able to wipe the adds off the map within 2-3 rounds, which was super helpful.

R3 -ja's are always a great idea!

Dreavus

I think I don't have the mitigation for the Ultimate. I got to weak phase a few times but then I just seem to get killed by the AoE after that. The minions weren't much of a problem if the RNG was on my side for the first few rounds.

I think the problem is there's a bit of a hole in my team. I have Divine Guardian and a decent medica in Yuna's SB (which itself is a bit wonky since they are both White mages and my summon hones are quite bad) but other than that my SBs are all generic damage ones. If I use some kind of wall as my RW then I lose a lot of offense. And vice versa if I use an attack buffing one like the new Shout. I pulled quite a bit on that banner 5 trying for the Sentinel's Grimoire, but luck was not kind!

Hopefully there's another defensive SB or SSB coming up soon

Nohar

So, 1x11 pull, got 2 Drill, 1 Ichigeki and 1 Chocobo brush.

I think the game really wants me to keep playing it, despite me growing more and more disinterested.

Balphon

Shadow's SSB is basically as good as it gets for burst damage until Vaan's ridiculous BSSB hits.

Vaan is also on the opposite end from Shadow in the versatility scale, to boot.

After 50 mythril and getting nothing I'm saving the rest of my mythrils for FFVII banner and whatever Zack gets there. Fuck FFVI.

Zack's SSB is on Vincent 2 and is actually pretty good. AoE damage + hastega if I remember right.

I just learned that the event format is getting an overhaul starting with the next one (Vincent). I like the new setup way better: 5 Normal / Part One, 5 Elite / Part Two, +, ++, +++ will be available on day 1 and then the bonus battles will be the Ultimate and, 1 Stamina, Ultimate +.

The U+ battles will be fun to try new stats on due to the practically non-existent costs. Meanwhile, preliminaries should be faster to clear events now (unless the Stamina costs are really high vs before).

MrDaravon

You sure it won't bug out and drop valiant knives instead?

Because that seems par for the course atm

I'm now imagining the Fat Chocobo dual-wielding Valiant Knives which is a way better mental image than anything that will ever actually happen in this game :(

Screw DeNa and their drop rates!

cgsggQ3l.jpg

:p

Noi

Is it just me, or are the ++ dailies easier than the + ones so far? The +'ses have actually hurt my auto attacking team p bad, but the ++ barely lands hits on them.

MrDaravon

Is it just me, or are the ++ dailies easier than the + ones so far? The +'ses have actually hurt my auto attacking team p bad, but the ++ barely lands hits on them.

Yes, I think they went the route of making it "harder" by having the enemies do less damage BUT have more defense/HP. For people at the end game though that has the side effect of making them even easier.

Kouriozan

How is it different from the current besides the upcoming ultimate + and cid missions?
Less dungeons means faster to complete and less stamina to spend, the rewards should be roughly the same, +/++/+++ battles already available the first day.
Edit : got my 3rd Nodachi with the 100 gems pull, my first 4*++ katana, kinda neat.

Less dungeons means faster to complete and less stamina to spend, the rewards should be roughly the same, +/++/+++ battles already available the first day.
Edit : got my 3rd Nodachi with the 100 gems pull, my first 4*++ katana, kinda neat.

Cool thanks

100 gems got me thief's bracer with a shared aoe slow soul break, neat

Rates reverted to normal for Relm 2. Now I need to save up to 50, I want to pull for Excalibur now!!! Oh well, a few days of dailies and I will be there.

Well, now that I think of it, looks like VK is still unchanged for Relm 1. Considering Excalibur should come back a few times... Argh I don't know!

WarAdept

I'm still pretty annoyed about Tactics but at least I've calmed down enough to at least start to try liking the game again.

I got a Dancing Dagger (4*, combined into a 6*) from a 5 mithril pull, so I'm actually quite happy about that. Edward can use it for Cid Missions.

I'm desperately spending every 5 mithril I gain on Tactics in hopes I get the Platinum Sword before tomorrow. Not much time left/one or two more draws until the end.

MrDaravon

100 gem pull on banner 2 got me Maduin's Horn which normally I would have been ecstatic about if I hadn't gotten one during the Lucky Draws last month >_>

Not sure if I want to burn any resources on further pulls, I realllllly want Celes' Excalibur but that's partially just because I like the character, and I already have pretty great mage gear for FFVI now with two Maduin Horns and a Morning Star plus a bunch of 4+/3++ stuff I already had. Kefka's Cloak would also be nice to have, but I don't know that I can justify pulling on the banner for just that and Excalibur :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom