• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTran2003

I'm desperately spending every 5 mithril I gain on Tactics in hopes I get the Platinum Sword before tomorrow. Not much time left/one or two more draws until the end.

Good luck. I'm in the same boat hoping for the same. Want him to be my main so bad and having a SB would be great!

The only drawback to the new daily system is that I feel like I'm missing out if I can't do a full run of all 3 before a change over. Before, I'd try to eek every orb out of a needed daily before the change ends. Now, I only will do the run if I have 90 STA because I don't want to leave Greens on the table, so to speak.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I only got one of these in a 100 gem drop, but I still feel like I can relate. Celes is best waifu. :(

D6L3g0A.jpg

One final 11-pull ... and, Ramza's Platinum Sword AND armband! Welcome to my team, buddy! I feel like, with this, plus Locke's SSB due to the rain of Valiant Knives, I'm set for a good, long while.

Balphon

Bartz with base 442 attack + Shout + HotE doing 5-6K per hit on Ultimate with his SSB. Is that normal?

Sounds about right. Shout will take him way over the soft cap so the effect of HotE would be minimal.

In fact, with a base that high HotE alone would be good enough so you may be better off dropping Shout if you have any other source of haste.

Razmos

100 gem pull got me Locke's wing edge. Pretty cool, I've been using Locke a lot recently and now I have 2 soul breaks for him (I already had mirage dive)

Sounds about right. Shout will take him way over the soft cap so the effect of HotE would be minimal.

In fact, with a base that high HotE alone would be good enough so you may be better off dropping Shout if you have any other source of haste.

Yea that's it, thanks! I often forget to calculate my ATK with Synergy + HotE or Shout to check how around or above soft cap I am.

Kain

It seems this Ultimate is very gimmicky in the sense that you have to be very careful with the ATB bar, if the boss changes forms mid charge you will eat a nasty counter.

I think I'll wait until the next event starts to try this Ultimate, just to see if I can grab some new SSBs in the new banners.

Mastered and got FULL medals on the latest Ultimate with the following team,

13012864_10154762038128989_1988830953749844706_n.jpg

Retaliate Advance ftw again! And this time I think its even the safest strategy around. At first I thought I'd have to knock the boss out of its form each time and make it susceptible to physical damage. I used two characters with Diaga because of this. HOWEVER, you actually only need to do this the first time! Even when the boss eventually reverts back to its Female form, the retaliate strikes will still damage it without the bosses counter going off! So the fight was super easy with no timing required because I never had to worry about accidentally striking it. Just Walled up , Booned up and Advanced up the first round while Aerith diaga'd it. Then diaga'd once more before using retaliate with cloud. Everyone else attacked cloud the entire time accept Yshtola who would curaga every turn until gaining a soul break bar to SS2 a second time to be safe.

Oh and sazh used magic break (for the medals) once before unleashing his double cut onslaught on cloud.

Dragner

Ultimate mastered full medals, had to S/L 3 times because I messed up with the switching and got my team confused/sleeped. Counting is hard at 7 am boys.

By the way, banner rates are back to normal and no Valiant Knife of Relm Banner 2, but rates are still messed up on Relm banner 1 so you should pull there for quality unless you want mage meta or Celes/Terra is your waifu.

Kain

Mastered and got FULL medals on the latest Ultimate with the following team,

13012864_10154762038128989_1988830953749844706_n.jpg

Retaliate Advance ftw again! And this time I think its even the safest strategy around. At first I thought I'd have to knock the boss out of its form each time and make it susceptible to physical damage. I used two characters with Diaga because of this. HOWEVER, you actually only need to do this the first time! Even when the boss eventually reverts back to its Female form, the retaliate strikes will still damage it without the bosses counter going off! So the fight was super easy with no timing required because I never had to worry about accidentally striking it. Just Walled up , Booned up and Advanced up the first round while Aerith diaga'd it. Then diaga'd once more before using retaliate with cloud. Everyone else attacked cloud the entire time accept Yshtola who would curaga every turn until gaining a soul break bar to SS2 a second time to be safe.

Oh and sazh used magic break (for the medals) once before unleashing his double cut onslaught on cloud.

Welp, then I said nothing, Greg it is xD

WarAdept

It seems this Ultimate is very gimmicky in the sense that you have to be very careful with the ATB bar, if the boss changes forms mid charge you will eat a nasty counter.

I think I'll wait until the next event starts to try this Ultimate, just to see if I can grab some new SSBs in the new banners.

Nah, it's not RNG at all. It switches from Demon to Goddess after 5 attacks, so hold off/queue up a holy attack after the 4th one. The only thing you need to watch is to not count the counter attacks while in Demon form.

Stays in Demon form permanently after 40% HP.

Kain

Aaaaaaaaaand I pulled an Oath veil and a thousand dupues. This game hates me, at least KHX is being nice to me lol

Now I will really save all my mythril for the next FFVII banner. Or Basch.

yeah, need Ultimate+'s now. SSBs + ridiculous VI synergy + Shout made this one stupidly easy

also, not my proudest moment this morning and bought around 9000 gems. 2x11 pull on FFT, and got 2x Spellbinder, 2xChameleon Robe, and no 5* on Relm 1

FFMafia

What's the deal with the valiant knife and the supposed drop rate? Is it a higher rate than normal? What's it close to? And does it drop for both tactics and relm 1? I have the sword and armband from tactics so I might pull on relm 1 instead if it's worth it

Dragner

What's the deal with the valiant knife and the supposed drop rate? Is it a higher rate than normal? What's it close to? And does it drop for both tactics and relm 1? I have the sword and armband from tactics so I might pull on relm 1 instead if it's worth it

Dena increase the drop rate almost a 1% for those 2 banners on last update, that % were to off banner Valiant Knife, its an obvious mistake and they fixed it for Relm Banner 2 but its still on Tactics and Relm Banner 1, so is basically a 3rd SSB for that banners.

FFMafia

Dena increase the drop rate almost a 1% for those 2 banners on last update, that % were to off banner Valiant Knife, its an obvious mistake and they fixed it for Relm Banner 2 but its still on Tactics and Relm Banner 1, so is basically a 3rd SSB for that banners.

Ah thanks for that. To pull or not to pull is the question...

Dragner

Ah thanks for that. To pull or not to pull is the question...

With Locke SSB, any of that 2 banners becomes top notch, Tactics was already good but Relm 1 now has the best medica in the game, the best offensive SSB in the game, and Locke SSB that is another top tier single target SSB for a great character. Any of that 2 banners is a good investment for your mythril.

Kouriozan

Just realized that if you have native trinity, Tyro's BSB might be the best RW to pick.
For info it's Protectga + Shellga + magic blink, change commands into atk/def and magic/res break (20%).

FFMafia

With Locke SSB, any of that 2 banners becomes top notch, Tactics was already good but Relm 1 now has the best medica in the game, the best offensive SSB in the game, and Locke SSB that is another top tier single target SSB for a great character. Any of that 2 banners is a good investment for your mythril.

I've already pulled tactics and got Ramza sword and his armband so it's not as appealing to pull again. However maybe relm 1... Damn it I'm leaning towards it

Just realized that if you have native trinity, Tyro's BSB might be the best RW to pick.
For info it's Protectga + Shellga + 1 magic and 1 physic blink.

Damn, that sounds incredible. For buffs/mitigation, I've got native SG, Shout, LH, HotF, plus Heroic Harmony and Cleansing Strike. I think overall I'm set - but having Protectga and Shellga in one cast would be great.

Dragner

Tyro BSSB is broken, it does everything, the commands are also stackable dual breaks with good damage.

Probably the best Burst in the game.

Balphon

Why do I keep wasting mythril on the tatics banner!? 3 pull only got me 3* equipment...

Even with the bonus third SSB, the featured 5* rates on the FFT banner are still bad relative to other banners.

It's not a great investment given the massive number of Shout RWs you can find rather easily.

Be strong.

MicH

Got enough mythril for another 3-pull on the Relm 1 banner hoping for Shadow SSB. Got Edgar's drill instead - nice! I'm having really good luck with 3-pulls lately - and it doesn't sting when you font get a 5* like a trash 11 does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom