• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was stuck on the FFT ultimate for the last 2 hours and after 4 pheonix bonuses (3 of which were ability gains -_-)...

I9IRe7h.jpg

Stunned I managed to get Champion as well. That's my first ultimate done. Next one might be easier since I have a ton of VI synergy - though barely any physical attackers outside of Cloud...

c-murph

I seem to have gotten a 6* Fire Crystal; which I have no idea where it came from. Did the Tactics Levels or Relm Levels have a 6* Fire Crystal as a reward?

Dragner

I seem to have gotten a 6* Fire Crystal; which I have no idea where it came from. Did the Tactics Levels or Relm Levels have a 6* Fire Crystal as a reward?

all ultimates since abyss opened gave a crystal. I dont remember what one was fire, maybe X-2, Tactics gave non-ele, and VI gave Black,

Grzi

I kind of get FFT (although not really, but okay, it's your money), but why would anyone ask for a refund for the SSB fest banners and Orbfest?

Falk

that puzzling face
Not to encourage the practice, but there's been cases of refunds that didn't actually result in a suspended account (and cases to the contrary)

It's a crapshoot and I'm assuming it's happened infrequently enough (sister buys $832748927342 of gems, yadda yadda) that it was just pretty much a DeNA-eats-the-chargeback-costs type thing.

With FFT and a significantly larger number of people doing it though, I wonder if there's going to be more of a standardized policy going forward.

MicH

I think you can request refunds directly through Apple (and possibly Google?) which I don't think gets your account suspended. I don't think you automatically get your money refunded unless you have a good/valid reason, though

Shouta

KHU is suffering from a lack of content that most mobage suffers upon launch - except it's exacerbated by how fast you can blow through content since you have pretty much unlimited stamina.

I feel like it's going to be one of those games where people jumping in 6 months from now are going to have an awesome time after getting the initial ~200 stages out of the way and then getting into the meat of the story (again, you basically can play as long as you want without worrying about stamina), and this is definitely true of the Japanese version of Unchained, but right now the NA release is rather barren.

It's also a little special to me because it's the second mobile game that has some form of my work on it lol

GBF is the complete opposite - there's a LOT to do because it's essentially a 2-year-old game, but it's also walled off by stamina waits even at lows levels (it gets really bad past 40 or so). I'm playing it casually as a content tourist because the story itself really jives with me and reminds me a lot of FFXII crossed with Skies of Arcadia, two of my top 5 JRPGs, but I don't have time to make it one of my grindy gachas.

Not to derail, but in future you get to farm Mickey+Broom medals which basically give a pip, meaning to start rolling Guilt you only need 1 duplicate (of course, stowing dupes for however long that takes to hit English version makes inventory management just that much more of a nightmare). Incidentally Cid/Chip/Dale medals are also similarly farmable.

It really amuses me that the more popular mobages often have issues where the mobages that get it right aren't popular at all.

Just getting around to doing bonus battles for Relm (Dark Souls.... so much stamina unused!).

I feel like i'm missing something obvious with Chadarnook, but all my attacks miss it? I knock it out of Goddess form with Saint Cross but then every single attack seems to miss.

Noi

Just getting around to doing bonus battles for Relm (Dark Souls.... so much stamina unused!).

I feel like i'm missing something obvious with Chadarnook, but all my attacks miss it? I knock it out of Goddess form with Saint Cross but then every single attack seems to miss.

Gotta use a Holy magical attack to dispel the immunity on the Demon form. Do it once and its gone for the whole fight.

I just read about how amazing Celes's SSB is for upcoming Ultimate fights and decided to give Banner 2 a shot. I did a 3-pull due to low mythril funds.

In Banner 1, I drew Strago's Morning Star with a 3-pull and then Locke's SSB on a single afterwards. So, despite being happy with the 3-pull, I still went for one more.

Déjà vu, bitches! \o/

I literally danced around the room for a good minute out of excitement.

I just read about how amazing Celes's SSB is for upcoming Ultimate fights and decided to give Banner 2 a shot. I did a 3-pull due to low mythril funds.
Runic is amazing for Ultimates. I've used it many times.

I'm not gonna try for the upgraded version (yet), so it won't be as incredible as those with Grand Cross or Indomitable Blade, but 95% of the spells that topic outlines are black magic, so I'm feeling pretty good about having just the original flavor.

MicH

Remember to save up 25 mythril for when the White Magic Nightmare dungeon opens. Along with it we get our first class-specific Lucky Draw; the only 5* you can get from it are character relics for characters with White Magic 5

Runic is amazing for Ultimates. I've used it many times.
I have Runic and have used it to great success already. Seeing that her SSB expands to White Magic as well is what pushed me over the top to try for it.

Remember to save up 25 mythril for when the White Magic Nightmare dungeon opens. Along with it we get our first class-specific Lucky Draw; the only 5* you can get from it are character relics for characters with White Magic 5
I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting to: Is a SG pull possible in every Nightmare Lucky Draw or is Keeper kept out of the fun?

MicH

I have Runic and have used it to great success already. Seeing that her SSB expands to White Magic as well is what pushed me over the top to try for it.

I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting to: Is a SG pull possible in every Nightmare Lucky Draw or is Keeper kept out of the fun?
He has rank 5 in all classes so all his relics can be gotten from every Nightmare banner. So yes, you can get SG

Yeah, it's really a clutch SB. And now you've got the deluxe version, so congrats!

I briefly considered pulling on Relm banner 2, but I already spent more Mythril then I planned on the first banner (got a Morning Star), so no more impulse pulling for awhile. I'm gonna do rather an 11 pull, or two 3 pulls, on Basch banner 1, a few of the Nightmare Lucky Banners, and that's generally it until the next festival. (Maybe a few single pulls here and there if I feel it's necessary.)

c-murph

I bought all the Gysahl Memory Crystal Lodes... When do they refresh them?

Also, why the hell are 5 stamina shards at 10,000 each and another at 100,000 each?!

Kain

So I decided to do a yolo 3 pull in the current banner because I never learn and got... two Cat hoods and one Kefka cloak.

I'm going to try the Ultimate with these and let's see what happens...

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Only non-core MC1 I'm missing now is Refia *woot*.

Arc is really underrated; I've started leveling him for WHM Abyss and he's basically Yuna with a useable default SB, plus he is a guy WHM!

When does the Abyss reopen? I'm feeling really impatient about this combat one.

c-murph

Arc is really underrated; I've started leveling him for WHM Abyss and he's basically Yuna with a useable default SB, plus he is a guy WHM!

That's like the equivalent of a male nurse right? lol

Lodes refresh once per month.

What about the 10,000 Stamina and 100,000 Stamina items? Do these renew after you buy them out? Need more stamina for orb fest!

Kouriozan

What about the 10,000 Stamina and 100,000 Stamina items? Do these renew after you buy them out? Need more stamina for orb fest!

Nah, that's permanent, if you buy every shards, they are gone for good.
If you want to be sure, everything in the Special tab will be changed (or refreshed for mythril/lodes).

Male WHM for the win! I'm using Minwu as my primary healer.

Regarding banners... I'll probably do some pulling on the XII banner as my synergy there isn't too hot. Any other Ultimate+ battles that I find myself hitting a wall against I might do some synergy pulls (bit wary of FF3 Bahamut), otherwise just saving for the next fest.

Balphon

When does the Abyss reopen? I'm feeling really impatient about this combat one.

Combat Nightmare should be this weekend-ish.

Nohar

Well, I'm done with the game. The FFRK community here and on Reddit are great (well, barring the latest drama on Reddit, which is kinda sad honestly), but I find no fun in playing this software anymore, I don't condone DeNa tactics, and I'd rather stay away from games with gachas. It was fun while it lasted.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Combat Nightmare should be this weekend-ish.

Thanks!

I don't care very much for Minwu; he feels so limited, although I suppose I've been spoiled by using a SMN/WHM since I first started playing. Then again, what more than healing and mitigation does a medic really need?

Shouta

Which mobages would you say get it right?

Hortensia Saga, a JP only one from Sega, does a lot of things right in regards to stamina, gatcha rates, and promotions for SSR units. It's story heavy too. Only problem I've had with it is that the UI and transitions could be a better and smoother.

Xetherion

Hortensia Saga, a JP only one from Sega, does a lot of things right in regards to stamina, gatcha rates, and promotions for SSR units. It's story heavy too. Only problem I've had with it is that the UI and transitions could be a better and smoother.

FFRK's UI and transitions could be better and smoother too. Too bad Hortensia is JP only, if they ever bring it to the west i'll check it out.

Shouta

FFRK's UI and transitions could be better and smoother too. Too bad Hortensia is JP only, if they ever bring it to the west i'll check it out.

Yeah, the only problem is if it does or not, lol.

As an example, Hortensia deals with Stamina by regularly distributing stamina restoring items as log-in bonuses or even quest drops. It also overcharges your stamina bar when you level up instead of just capping at a value. When i started out and gained a ton of levels quick, my stamina was at ridiculous levels for awhile. The game even makes R and SR units useful even though SSR rates are pretty good, by having a squire system for your knights. I haven't unlocked it yet but I definitely need try that aspect out.

Even the gatcha is pretty solid.

Well, I'm done with the game. The FFRK community here and on Reddit are great (well, barring the latest drama on Reddit, which is kinda sad honestly), but I find no fun in playing this software anymore, I don't condone DeNa tactics, and I'd rather stay away from games with gachas. It was fun while it lasted.

Sorry to see you go, I understand where you come from. This is probably my last gacha game. You will keep on living with Dreamstage!

Datamining from JP after latest maintenance show signs of damage cap break coming, soonish.
Falk was right lol.
Let's hope power creep isn't going totally out of control...

Pejo

Datamining from JP after latest maintenance show signs of damage cap break coming, soonish.
Falk was right lol.
Let's hope power creep isn't going totally out of control...

I just hope they don't do exactly what I believe they'll do, and make only Ultra Super Soul Breaks that will break damage caps moving forward, and retroactively all old abilities are still capped at 9999.

100 gems ... 5* Striking Staff (VII). Considering I wasn't gunning for anything at all, I'm completely okay with this -- nothing wrong with another BLM rod, even though it adds to holy damage for some inexplicable reason.

Edit: I guess the reason is Aerith being able to summon Alexander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom