• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty solid. I guess it'd boil down to if you want to destroy face in FFIX realms (2 Oak Rod) or be slightly better for everything else (1 Oak Rod+)

I'd proooobably combine them, but I run almost exclusively mage meta, so it may depend on your situation - like if you want to go for a balanced party in general and then burninate with mage meta in FFIX it may be better to keep them separate.

Hmm how many upcoming FFIX events do we have as so far they've been pretty rare. I'd love to do mage meta but even with all the mythril refreshes I simply don't have the orbs to really run it deep into events and basically have to rely on a mix of offense into retaliate when my mages tap out.

Edit: 6/44 can't complain I guess really need a good ff8 and ff4 weapon as they're my biggest gaps

Considering my MAG weapons over 100 MAG are Guard Stick, Binding RodX2 and Magistral Rod, I don't feel great combining Vanille's Rod. However, Vanille is one of my favorite and she gets her Crystal in 2 days, would love to give her a 6* SB weapon. I will control myself for now.

elty

Despite getting 7 5* I didn't get anything I want, which is

- Vega 42
- Diamond Pin
- good mage weapon
- Sword or dagger or katana in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10

How cruel. I do get the guard stick and terra's corset as consolation.

Razmos

Got the Keepsake Ribbon from the final lucky draw, give Aerith ALL the soul breaks!

Also goddamn. 22 Magic and 24 Mind at level 1? what a hat.

So overall I got, in order:

Guard Stick (Aerith)
Dark Armour (D. Cecil)
Lullaby Rod (Yuna)
Lightning Steel (Tidus)
Sun Blade (Warrior of Light)
Keepsake Ribbon (Aerith)

It could have been better, but I really needed FFVII and FFX synergy, and good mage weapons and got some damn good ones for those.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess the assumption that the FF2 and 3 events are going to be skipped is based on the fact that no one cares about those games? lol

No, they were crossover events. Like the Mog and Edward event was cross-promotional with BRA☆BRA concert (you could win a ticket) so it didn't really make sense to run it.

We also got gipped out of SaGa crossover events, etc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, they were crossover events. Like the Mog and Edward event was cross-promotional with BRA☆BRA concert (you could win a ticket) so it didn't really make sense to run it.

We also got gipped out of SaGa crossover events, etc.
Ah, weird.
What would you promote with FF2 and FF3 characters?

Wazzy

Banned
I'm pretty happy with the event.

My relics were:

Phase 1 Shear Trigger(my favourite drop) and Partisan

Phase 2 Healing Grimoire

Phase 3 nothing

Phase 4 Thancreds daggers and Valkyrie

Now I'm withholding any pulls till Seifer which is going to be an interesting event.

Balphon

Pulled Vivi and Firion's weapons in this last draw so ended up at 4/44 overall. How decidedly average.

Wish I could trade the Diamond Pin I pulled for one of those Binding Rods you guys are trying to get rid of.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ah, weird.
What would you promote with FF2 and FF3 characters?

II was cross-promotional with FF World Wide Words (think mobile typing of the dead)

III was cross-promotional with Pictologica FF

6tiNuEGm.png
W1bUGILm.png

zXqlegum.png
Jh6ZqVpm.png

You may well be right in that DeNA may have figured that II and III aren't that popular in the west, so they 'sacrificed' those events to cross-promote other JP-only Final Fantasy mobile games.

I now have a party heal, hastega + protectga, and hastega + shellga. Alright game, give me an SG or Thyrus in phase 4 and solve my mitigation problems entirely.
Thank you for hearing my call.

Phase 1:
Keepsake Ribbon (VII)
Kiku-ichimonji (VI)
Diamond Pin (VII)
Buster Sword (VII-CC)

Phase 2:
Morning Star (VIII)
Ras Algethi (XII)

Phase 3:
Vega 42 (XIII)
Kiku-ichimonji (VI)

Phase 4:
Thyrus (XIV)
Crystal Glove (VII)

10/44

Red Mage

I got Demon's Axe, Golden Armor, XIV's daggers, Selphie Nunchucks, and Buster Sword. Which would be more useful as a RW? Shadow Flare or Emperors Hand?

MicH

So what the hell do I do with all these gloves. Here's what I have:

Tifa's Crystal Glove+
Tifa's Grand Glove
Josef's Giant's Gloves x2

Super tempted to feed the Grand Glove and one Giant's Gloves to the Organics for augmentation

Got Vanille's Binding Rod on my last pull.

My lucky draw pulls:
I - Grand Glove(VII), Tyrfing(III)
II - Thyrus(XIV)*, Magistral Rod(X)
III - Healing Staff(V), Storm Staff(IX)*, Loxley Bow(XII)
IV - Binding Rod(XIII)

* Already had

Nice collection of relics from different realms. I'm pretty happy with this event because I only had 3 character relics before pulling on it(Thyrus, Storm Staff, Ice Whip). Hope there are more half price lucky draws in the future.

Did my 25 mythril 11 pull and got mostly garbage and Terra's Enhancer.

Decided to try my luck on a 3 pull on Cloud's banner, then immediately shat my pants when an Organics dropped.

Bless you RNG God!

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I have to do an elite for Reds MC :(

Oh well the classic was really easy so hopefully this is too.
There's some great banners coming up over next 2 months for sure! I have 63 mythril left, going to be tough deciding how to spend it.
Yeah it's going to be hard resisting the urge to pull on many of them!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You may well be right in that DeNA may have figured that II and III aren't that popular in the west, so they 'sacrificed' those events to cross-promote other JP-only Final Fantasy mobile games.
I know... They should just do a promo with other mobage. I want a Love Live x FFRK event in both games. Honkers can sing the FF6 opera and Nico can be a character who uses a microphone as her 5* weapon (she can be a bard). lol

Kenai

Irvine's Gun from my final lucky pull.

So Healer's Robe, Sun Blade, and Valiant. Pretty meh, but could have been worse I guess.

I combined it with my other Healer's Robe though for a nice 6*.

Red Mage

Ugh I have to do an elite for Reds MC :(

Oh well the classic was really easy so hopefully this is too.

Yeah it's going to be hard resisting the urge to pull on many of them!

I plan to pull on 59, SB3, and then save the rest. The One Year draws are awesome and then we have AC right after that. I want Cloud's BSSB: Eight hit + temporary use of a Barrage like attack for four or so turns afterwards.

*edit* Tyro doesn't completely suck. If you have a good gun or bow you can Advantaliate long range only bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't wait for AOE fights where I just bring 5 summoners.

edit: Holy shit I have 1948 3* Ice orbs right now

I'm the ice lord

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't wait for AOE fights where I just bring 5 summoners.
They must have done battles where there are 3 enemies and each one absorts one of lightning, fire, and ice right?

Oh wait, those jelly blob monsters from a few events ago did that. lol

I just want to do that anyways for how dumb and flashy it is, AOE fight or not. I'm thinking of breaking down my 5* summon orbs to flesh out my 4* summons.

Falk

that puzzling face
FFV crystals from DU12, FFVI's tentacles in GERAD sidequest, etc etc.

But in those cases I have Valefor + Maduin + Meteor, np

edit: Yeah, right now the maths works out that honing Odin to r2 is vastly inferior to breaking down those summon orbs for massive 4* non-elemental honing, especially considering how 4*s can easily hit 9999cap right now. The balance will change if/when they break damage limit, but right now anything higher than x9 multiplier is only useful if a boss has high res AND break resistance.

Wazzy

Banned
Red XIII MC get! Now I'll go back to phase 4 grinding until even ends. I'll try Jenova Death once Cloud is 80.
I plan to pull on 59, SB3, and then save the rest. The One Year draws are awesome and then we have AC right after that. I want Cloud's BSSB: Eight hit + temporary use of a Barrage like attack for four or so turns afterwards.

*edit* Tyro doesn't completely suck. If you have a good gun or bow you can Advantaliate long range only bosses.
Dayum Cloud has an even better SSB now?

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I can't really complain about 14 Fire and Ice (each) 5* orbs from my haul lol.

Pretty much set for the honing on those, and lacking the others now (Lightning/Power for Full Break, Earth/Black for Meteor)

Ok I think I will leave phase 3... + and ++ should keep droping GSO for a while (hope I am not wrong). I'll get 40 soon enough. Wish I could convert 4 of the 28 MSO I now have.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't forget that the same patch that gives combination will also most likely give disassembly.

(RIP those extra Phoenixes, etc)

Road

Tempted to spend my remaining 90 mythril on the Lost Memories banner chasing Diamond Pin.

I need to go to bed.

PS.: I had shitty major orb luck on phase 3: 3 MFO after 25 refreshes.

MrDaravon

If I'm only level ~35 and still going through Classic Dungeons should I already be worrying about item synergy? I already feel like I have no weapon/armor mats for upgrading (and 1* items seem to do very little for upgrading 4/5* gear). Since I just started on Saturday I haven't had a chance to actually play the daily mat dungeons, does that make it pretty inconsequential to do upgrading? Between that and not having a lot of characters yet I'm worried about dumping too many resources into upgrading things too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom