• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

I considered not buying the blank MC2 lodes, but then I realized the BSB will have a bunch of new MC2 available. I'd be behind if I don't buy them.

Shouta

GBF's addition of just letting you outright pick your SSR/5*equivalent of your choosing out of the current pool in addition to the ten pull during certain mini-events is something I wish other gacha-based games would implement. It's already mechanically there (Beginner Banner), but limited to mostly junky, outdated relics.

I can't think of a single relic that would break any party on its own if chosen. Shout is already RW'able and a single Wall / BSB won't win you any Ultimate/U+ encounters.

A lot of games are doing it actually.

The one I mentioned earlier, Hortensia Saga does it even better because they have multiple types of gatcha events going on at times. They have the pick your SSR after X number of pulls is one type they have. Another that was going on this weekend was an event where you picked the units that would get the Rate Up for your own personal gatcha and those units could be changed at any time during the time frame. They also have step-up gatchas with guaranteed SSRs as well. Normal 10 pull is 50 stones but when they do a step-up, first 10-pull is like 10 stones, second is 30-stones, and final one is 50 stones but you also get a guaranteed SSR or one you can pick. It's neat, especially for folks that hoard the currency for the right time, lol. The rates are pretty good too.

There is one other game I tried recently that let you reroll your first summon as many times as you want without having to uninstall the game so you could get whatever SSR/5 star unit you wanted. That was a really cool feature.

Edit: Man, i want to get Celes to 80 but I don't have enough Growth eggs right now. :_;

I considered not buying the blank MC2 lodes, but then I realized the BSB will have a bunch of new MC2 available. I'd be behind if I don't buy them.

Yeah I just bought and turned in all my mc2 lodes. My main team is pretty set unless I get lucky and pull an amazing ssb/bssb as I'll only do 100 gems from now till bssb. Only mc2 I need/want is y'sholtas and that's not for awhile sadly :(

I'm not sure if I should hone holy cross or flashing blade or both. Auron and Agrias are main stays on my team with Ramza shouting their ssbs to do crazy damage. I just wary investing in them since one is always aoe and sometimes I don't want that and the other is holy which can also be problematic.

Dragner

New White mage abyss in Japan brings finally a must craft White mage skill, A new cura better than curaja that gives an additional 2k HP shield.

Finally a reason to have a healer with more than WHT 4*.

Balphon

I still haven't used Curaja. I crafted it awhile ago but it just sits there.

Probably due to the fact that every third SB I get is a heal.

hesho

are ppl actually doing the vincent event? I personally am saving it till the weekend. Rather abuse the gg bonus. I can't even imagine myself getting 500k of these just to get the 5 shards.. geez.

Kouriozan

I should probably start making a 5* Combat party for the upcoming nightmare, already have Cloud and Agrias at max level.
Thinking about making Tyro my healer and using Ramza for medica/Hail of Stones even if he won't have synergy bonus for my top and bottom party member, my only other 5* Combat character with a unique SB is DCecil with Soul Eater, but he's only 50 so I'm currently leveling him.

Fake edit : Also got Balthier's Element of Treachery and he'll have his MC2 very soon too, I got some leveling to do!

Dragner

My regular party just serves as party for the Combat abyss so no much change, swap Shadow for Gilgamesh and Ramza for Tyro, RW Shout and all set.

c-murph

are ppl actually doing the vincent event? I personally am saving it till the weekend. Rather abuse the gg bonus. I can't even imagine myself getting 500k of these just to get the 5 shards.. geez.

It's really not that bad. I've been doing it for a couple days and I've almost hit the first 100k. the ++ dungeons give Major orbs too!

MrDaravon

I love how I keep telling myself to save mythril for X event where I really need the item or synergy, but then I keep pulling on banners that I don't "need" because I just like the characters lol. More fun that way I suppose. Chasing Excalibur right now with mythril as it comes in, did just snag a Cat-Ear Hood which is better than nothing.

Kouriozan

Hoarding mythrils can be boring, play with your luck and see what you get x)

Edit : I'm at 40k greens without refreshes and completed all current Vincent battles, wasted stamina on daily non ++ battles the first day.

MrDaravon

Hoarding mythrils can be boring, play with your luck and see what you get x)

Yeah, at this point I honestly am just enjoying leveling up the cast. Spent like 20 mythril on refreshes Sunday since it was double Greens, got like 2 or 3 groups of folks from 50 to 65. At this point I feel like having a wide variety of characters at 65+ and decent hones is more important and getting me further than having enough mythril for say one extra 11 pull here and there. Also enjoying the game more. And honestly except for Ultimate battles and maybe Nightmare dungeons it's not like anything really poses a challenge, and if I don't get an Ultimate done or don't Master it whatever, not the end of the world. Enjoying the game a lot this way, much less stressful lol.

Also unrelated but just leveled the Cat-Ear Hood up and holy shit as a stat stick this thing is fucking ridiculous. At level 20 without RS it's got 79 DEF, 115 RES, 38 MAG, and 27 MND, all of which totally dumps on any other native 5* Hats I have. Feel much better about that pull now, the SB isn't terrible but is pretty situational.

r u mythril refreshing? i am at 33k and all i have been doing is ++ dungeons since it started.

Yeah, I'm refreshing -- I did a ton for the Sundaily, and also for the Power Orb dungeon. I'm also making a huge dent in backlogged Elites, which I wouldn't ordinarily touch without mythril refreshing. I come out ahead due to stamina increases, anyway.

I even refreshed last night to finish Vincent (until Ultimate and Ultimate+, I guess). I have all the RMs I need, and I'm close to having my A-Team (Squall, Ramza, Agrias, Locke/Terra, Yuna, plus Tyro -- and next I'll work on Pecil, Mog, Greg, Celes, and Auron) at 80.

I was bored for so long, but now I'm hooked again. It's sad to say, but Platinum Sword and Kaiser Shield basically changed how I approach and play this game. I kinda want to chase Excalibur too, not that I need VI synergy...

Kyari

Not a day goes by where I don't regret crafting Exploding Fist. Tifa punched a god damn hole through Ultima Weapon. 5 holes, even.

MrDaravon

Man I am having NO luck getting either Cid or Relm's double XP RM's. Relm's has no realm (ha) requirement so I've spent a chunk of time in Mako Reactor No. 5 since Cid's does with no success, and spent a good chunk of time now in the first stage of the current FF7 event also with no luck. I'd believe not having both drop yet, but I've got to be at least 100-150 Stamina bare minimum with neither having dropped yet, and I'm running nothing but 2 Stamina 3 Stage battles :/

c-murph

r u mythril refreshing? i am at 33k and all i have been doing is ++ dungeons since it started.

Yeah, gotta raise 500K.

Man I am having NO luck getting either Cid or Relm's double XP RM's. Relm's has no realm (ha) requirement so I've spent a chunk of time in Mako Reactor No. 5 since Cid's does with no success, and spent a good chunk of time now in the first stage of the current FF7 event also with no luck. I'd believe not having both drop yet, but I've got to be at least 100-150 Stamina bare minimum with neither having dropped yet, and I'm running nothing but 2 Stamina 3 Stage battles :/

Relm has an XP Doubler too? Neat-o.

MrDaravon

I could be wrong, but I don't think that even in JP they've refreshed the Stamina shards in the Greens store. Seems like much more of a long-term goal. If that's the case I don't think it makes much sense to really agressively go after them right now unless you want to whale super hard on it for whatever gains the extra stamina point would get you over x period of time.

Relm has an XP Doubler too? Neat-o.

Yeah, and either Palom or Porom (forget which one) has one as well for 3 total so that's pretty rad. Assuming I can get any of them to actually drop.

c-murph

I could be wrong, but I don't think that even in JP they've refreshed the Stamina shards in the Greens store. Seems like much more of a long-term goal. If that's the case I don't think it makes much sense to really agressively go after them right now unless you want to whale super hard on it for whatever gains the extra stamina point would get you over x period of time.

Hmmmmm, but I'm impatient and want it now...

Yeah, and either Palom or Porom (forget which one) has one as well for 3 total so that's pretty rad. Assuming I can get any of them to actually drop.

I got Cid's. One of my favs. First to max level to 65 and get a 7* Pole Axe for... When can I get his and Yuffie's MC2?

I can't imagine in any scenario where the 100,000 greens shards would be worth it, especially with Major Orbs entering the shop at some point.

Metaroo

If I didn't get the platinum sword, is Ramza good enough to keep around? I was thinking of swapping him with Vincent or Snow.

Full team right now is: Cloud, Ramza, Shadow, Rydia, Celes

I hope they have a FFTA event in the future. Didn't really get any good relics from the FFT banner :(

I am so conflicted about doing a 11 pulls on Relm 2 or going with multiple single pulls. I know that I lose on a relic, but 3 of my last 4 11 pulls had no 5* at all. I am not sure that I can deal with seeing another bunch of no rainbows so close to the last 3...

Noi

If I didn't get the platinum sword, is Ramza good enough to keep around? I was thinking of swapping him with Vincent or Snow.

Full team right now is: Cloud, Ramza, Shadow, Rydia, Celes

I hope they have a FFTA event in the future. Didn't really get any good relics from the FFT banner :(

My personal guideline:

Ramza w/ Shout or Tailwind > Support character with Support SB > Ramza /w Stone SB > Support with Synergy but no SB > Ramza with no SB > Support with no synergy or SB

greyshark

I am so conflicted about doing a 11 pulls on Relm 2 or going with multiple single pulls. I know that I lose on a relic, but 3 of my last 4 11 pulls had no 5* at all. I am not sure that I can deal with seeing another bunch of no rainbows so close to the last 3...

I say go for it - as someone who got 0/11 4 different times during the original Lucky Draws I can attest to how awful that feeling is, but it's silly to throw away a free shit at a 5* relic.

100 Gems got me Zack's Gloves.

I have 3 physical SSBers, so I probably won't use him too often. However, I could see the AoE interupt being useful at times plus he'll be a good spammer for the Faultsiphon -> Full Charge combo when those are out.

So who makes sense for my 5th character?

Ramza with breakdowns and shout SSB
Agrais with holy cross/protectega/shellga and ssb
Auron with flash blade/life siphon/samurai skills and ssb
Y'sholta with curaga(ja maybe one day) and diaga/protectega/shellga

I have Zidane's SSB and I could give him thief's raid and wait till late battle before popping his ssb since it'll lower his attack. Only other SSB's I have are Rinoa's and Vivi's. For other multi hit physical SSB's I have Fang's gran pulsar, Beatrix seiken stock break, Tifa's dolphin kick, Edgar's drill, Sephy's 4 hit aoe fire move, Celes' triple wind attack, Zell's fist, and Sabin's 3 hit fist.

I also have Aerith and Selphie's original medica sb

I say go for it - as someone who got 0/11 4 different times during the original Lucky Draws I can attest to how awful that feeling is, but it's silly to throw away a free shit at a 5* relic.

I am going to cry, I love you man!

FU0Y0tk.jpg

(Yea my Bluestacks is weird)

MrDaravon

VICTORY! o/

I've only done 1 Ultimate so far, but that's already one of my favorite relic pulls. It will be so damn good, both as an SSB and as a sword (due to the +Holy dmg).

On a similar note, when will Celes get her Knight 5 buff?

IIRC that was very recently in Japan, so like several months off.

Grzi

Finally got around to fighting Ultimate Chadarnook.

EZ PZ

Didn't manage to use Poltergeist even once. MVP was Edgar with Saint Cross, 20k damage just like that. In comparison, Drill did around 13k.

MrDaravon

sooner lol

Aren't we still like ~5 months behind Japan? Or did she get that buff longer ago than I thought?

Also how often did JP get the Major Orb stuff in the Greens shop? I had enough to buy all of them even after buying 3 (10k) shards and 2 MC2 lodes with ~30k left over, but the ~30k I have left over is pretty much exactly what I got from refreshing on Sunday so if it wasn't for that I'd be tapped out. Starting to see why some folks were saying in JP it was hard to keep up with offerings in the shop even if you run the Dailies in a fairly min/max fashion.

Falk

that puzzling face
We've consistently had features way before their position on the content timeline vs Japan. Of those, balance changes generally have been the greatest deviation (earlier).

Everything from VIT0 being fixed, several characters releasing here in their post-buff state, to recently buff-stacking second softcap, all months early.

edit: Well, "early".

50 mythril #yolo pull. Cat-Ear Hood. Nothing wrong with more VI synergy, but I don't think I'll be using Relm anytime soon. It'll get filed away in the "Barret's Gatling Gun" box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom