• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Thief Bracer and Drill... Hmmm... Imma gunna combine the Drill with my other and make a 6* Drill. I guess I better start leveling Edgar up from Lv.1 now.

Drill is a good relic and Edgar is a good char. Not the dream pull but nothing terrible at least.

MrDaravon

50 mythril #yolo pull. Cat-Ear Hood. Nothing wrong with more VI synergy, but I don't think I'll be using Relm anytime soon. It'll get filed away in the "Barret's Gatling Gun" box.

It's SB is pretty situational, but as I posted yesterday as a stat-stick the Cat-Ear Hood actually has pretty goddamn ridiculous stats for a Hat.

But yeah Relm's probably a no-go for most folks unless you pulled her SSB.

Dragner

It's SB is pretty situational, but as I posted yesterday as a stat-stick the Cat-Ear Hood actually has pretty goddamn ridiculous stats for a Hat.

But yeah Relm's probably a no-go for most folks unless you pulled her SSB.

That hat has absurd stats, I saw someone on reddit with a 5* cat hood and a 7* oath veil and the cat hood was better outside realm.

Pejo

I took a Shadow RW into the FFVI ++ battle last night and was super unimpressed with that SB. I'm glad I didn't waste mythril trying to get it. I used it on both front line characters with FFVI synergy native 5* gear, with shout and both armor breakdown/full break on the boss and it was only doing around 2k a hit. Meanwhile my 50% HP Locke pulled out nearly 6.5k per hit with Valiant Strike. I knew there was going to be a difference but I didn't expect it to be that big.

Either way, now that I have Shout, SG, Valiant Strike, and Saint's Cross/Saint's Fall, melting these bosses down is ridiculously easy. I don't even bring a healer anymore.

I took a Shadow RW into the FFVI ++ battle last night and was super unimpressed with that SB. I'm glad I didn't waste mythril trying to get it. I used it on both front line characters with FFVI synergy native 5* gear, with shout and both armor breakdown/full break on the boss and it was only doing around 2k a hit. Meanwhile my 50% HP Locke pulled out nearly 6.5k per hit with Valiant Strike. I knew there was going to be a difference but I didn't expect it to be that big.

Either way, now that I have Shout, SG, Valiant Strike, and Saint's Cross/Saint's Fall, melting these bosses down is ridiculously easy. I don't even bring a healer anymore.

Shout doesn't work with your rw move, the stats of the rw determine the damage.

Dragner

Shadow ssb has the highest DPS in the game, the relic is still relevant in Japan with only Vaan BSSB over it. Idk what were your expectations...I have it and it shits over Cloud BSSB and Bartz SSB.

Also that.

Pejo

That's interesting, and something I never knew before.

I didn't look at the RW's level, I always assumed it just did some % of the RW's total attack and the character using the RW's attack, modified by front/back row.

So you're saying the character using the RW has no bearing on the outcome, or just buffs on said character? I'm certain I get better damage when using a physical RW with an attacker character in the front row than a mage in the back.

I didn't look at the RW's level, I always assumed it just did some % of the RW's total attack and the character using the RW's attack, modified by front/back row.

So you're saying the character using the RW has no bearing on the outcome, or just buffs on said character? I'm certain I get better damage when using a physical RW with an attacker character in the front row than a mage in the back.

RW are row dependant for the character using it but not stat dependant. Some RW ignore row but otherwise it is usually best to have front row attackers using physical RW. Buff RW can be used by anyone.

Negator

For reference, My Shadow was hitting for about 3300 per hit on Ultimate, and was able to empty all 3 of his bars in the time it took someone else to use 1 SB bar.

Yep, its why outside of very early game when you struggle to kill harder bosses but a rw can one shot them/you need the extra two aoe hits to help clear a daily due to low hones of ruinga/valefor/maduin/etc you really don't want to use offensive rw. Trinity rws and bssb (more for your characters to get the burst mode moveset) are what you should be using for most difficult content.

Priority for rw on hard content should usually be

Wall if you don't have one > hastega if you don't have one > medica if you don't have one > extra medica or burst > extra wall > extra hastega

Extra wall can leap up for bosses like ult seymore flux that use two ultimate dispels in a fight.

Kain

This Ultimate is just impossible for me, I can't survive the last phase (when he is at 30% more or less) when he starts spamming Poltergeist and Thundaja, I just can't. Tomorrow I'll try again, but I'm really burned out of this shit.

Dragner

This Ultimate is just impossible for me, I can't survive the last phase (when he is at 30% more or less) when he starts spamming Poltergeist and Thundaja, I just can't. Tomorrow I'll try again, but I'm really burned out of this shit.

try to equip lightning resist accesories, we have quite a bunch of those, The one from Ultima nightmare is very good here.

c-murph

Oh, that's bad news. I've beaten two Ultimates so far. Leblanc Syndicate and Belias. Apparently, Master Leblanc. But I think I used a couple continues though... :p

Gunna, Try Chadarnook tonite. No real interest in fighting him/her as I don't want the momento ring.

MrDaravon

I can't find that MSPaint of Keepsake Ribbon + 2 gatling guns

never forget

VniNtBD.png

(I spent way too long looking through the thread for this)

Dragner

The guy that makes the Ultimate guides on Reddit rated Charnadook a 2.5/10 on diff and Rufus a 9.0/10 so sure it will be tough.

But it seems its all about rng with the mako cannons, it seems to hit like a truck even with full mitigation up. Having another layer of mitigation like Faris or Fran SB helps.

Balphon

Mako Cannon does indeed hit like a truck (~1k with full mitigation) and he uses it a lot in his weak phase.

If you can kill him quickly enough once Dark Nation is dead it should be fine.

Kain

Great, another lucky draw, my salt is ready!

I was just checking reddit and I saw that there is currently in Japan a Selphie event and she got a BSSB:

Selphie's Strange Vision [BSSB, +10 MND] - 4 AOE Holy magic attacks, Instant Death, medium MAG & MND buff for party, Burst Mode (should be 30% for both)

Why does DeNa love Selphie so much? Man I hated her in FFVIII.

Dragner

Selphie Burst is needed love for mage meta, Celes was that too, but selphie is a char you can actively run in your mage team as a healer, Celes doesnt match that well.

Kain

For mage meta to work bosses need lower resistance in the first place. Maybe in jp it's currently possible, but right now in global I'm not seeing it, specially after Shout. If you have wall and a medica there is no reason not to run a Shout team even if you have a good mage team.

Kain

I mean, I understand why they are afraid to make mages too powerful, but outside their synergy it's very difficult to justify a mage in an Ultimate. For example in Chardanook, my lvl 65 Kefka with Magic infusion (and FB on the boss) was hitting with -aja spells for 3-4ks whereas Greg with War dance and Retaliating was double hitting the same boss for 3ks each hit.

Dragner

If you stack buffs you can still hit max damage with mage teams. You need very specific relics to do it...But is possible, people in japan is still clearing all content with mage teams.

Its not as brutally efficient as scream teams but you have the advange that you dont need synergy that much.

Grzi

I mean, I understand why they are afraid to make mages too powerful, but outside their synergy it's very difficult to justify a mage in an Ultimate. For example in Chardanook, my lvl 65 Kefka with Magic infusion (and FB on the boss) was hitting with -aja spells for 3-4ks whereas Greg with War dance and Retaliating was double hitting the same boss for 3ks each hit.

This doesn't seem right. My Terra was doing 5-6k with Firaja, without Full Break or any kind of Mag Up SB or RM. Her mag stat was 465. With Alexander she was hitting for 12k.

This doesn't seem right. My Terra was doing 5-6k with Firaja, without Full Break or any kind of Mag Up SB or RM. Her mag stat was 465. With Alexander she was hitting for 12k.

That's because it isn't right. Kefka with 350 MAG, Magic Infusion, Full Break, and no RM should do about 5.5k damage with Firaja. And that's a pretty modest magic stat.

Monthly lucky pulls starting early, yes please. Though I've had decidedly mixed results on the Jp server, with several all 3s. My last Jp pull netted me zidane's sb sword ssb dagger and stragos sb rod, a decidedly Ho hum pull. I'm hoping for dupes of weapons I already have to get them to 5+ or ++

Kyari

That's because it isn't right. Kefka with 350 MAG, Magic Infusion, Full Break, and no RM should do about 5.5k damage with Firaja. And that's a pretty modest magic stat.

Yeah I was just going to say I was dealing significantly more than 3-4k with Terra at ~400 magic and no boosts

c-murph

Just finished "A Brewing Nightmare"... What day do they put up the Ultimate battles? I have a whole team of FFVII characters at Level 80 with Synergy weapons and Armour to go around. Hopefully, an easier battle than Relm's Ultimate.

Any word on what the prizes/mastery awards are?

Dragner

Bonus Battles are today (tomorrow for europe) if im not mistaken.

Rewards are +30 mag accesory 2 crystals and a bunch of white, holy and dark majors.

Balphon

Vincent ultimates will be today. You can usually check in the app because the announcement tells you when the second banner will be up and the bonus battles have always coincided with that.

Pejo

Bonus Battles are today (tomorrow for europe) if im not mistaken.

Rewards are +30 mag accesory 2 crystals and a bunch of white, holy and dark majors.

It feels like everything has been white and or holy majors lately. I need power dammit.

SOLDIER

Is there still no way to see how tough a dungeon is going to be before you attempt it? The thing that held me back from committing to this game was how they never told you the average level of a dungeon before going in, only to have you wipe against an impossible boss.

Balphon

I have a couple awful character SB items (D Cecil is bad and should feel bad), but they are still worth it for the synergy value.

You're probably right that 5* combat characters have a larger proportion of relatively bad early relics, though.

Is there still no way to see how tough a dungeon is going to be before you attempt it? The thing that held me back from committing to this game was how they never told you the average level of a dungeon before going in, only to have you wipe against an impossible boss.

Yeah, they show you the difficulty.

I think the only truly awful draws for me this pull would be buster sword cloud or one of tiffs fists other than her ssb or platinum fist (I have platinum fist already). Everything else would be at worst a duplicate to a + or ++ or opening up a new character for use or just a better weapon for rs. I wouldn't mind getting another suicide glove, since I have one already. I would love a third revolver. I have two kain lances and two Edgar lances, it would be nice to get a + of one of those, since my synergy isn't he greatest in those two realms and a lead weapon for a realm is a nice luxury.

Negator

I'm still going to pull too, but the combat pool seems especially stacked for the bad items. At least there are a lot of SSB too.

broz0rs

I had to replay the Chadarnook Ultimate because rain spam was doing too much damage with just wall. I had to add Shellga to my 2nd attempt, and it was eazy breezy from there, just lost one medal.

I also feel that I'm glad I didn't go nuts trying to pull Platinum Sword because since I already have SG and SS2. I can just have my entire friends list be Shout users and not bother with refreshing the list to find what I need.

Razmos

I think I'm going to give up on Chardanook. Sentinel's Grimoire, shell, magic Breakdown, major rejen and constant healing still isn't enough to mitigate the damage once it reaches weak form, it is way, way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom