• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk is winning so far.

You have no idea

Cloud's default limit break does more damage than Braver.

I should know.

Buster Sword was 1 of 2 unique relics total (other being Binding Rod) I had for the first 6 months of the game.

I pulled Organics and Aurons Shiranui! I needed a good weapon for Cloud and while it's not Fusion Sword it's still an awesome pull. :D
<3

Now my turn...

aNb1BWd.png
My hands are literally shaking. A physical SSB, and freaking Sentinel's Grimoire. Thank you FFRK gods.

Another day, another SSB. O_O
Before the Anniversary I had 0 SSBs, now I have 6 + a dupe: Pecil, Garnet x2, Agrias, Locke, Celes, Tidus.

Edit: I had completely forgotten that Lightning Steel increases lightning damage dealt by 20%. That means it won't be relegated to secondary RS gear useless after also getting Force Sabre, ^_^.

My hands are literally shaking. A physical SSB, and freaking Sentinel's Grimoire. Thank you FFRK gods.

You win. Flawless Victory!

MrDaravon

Lucky Draw got me 7 3*'s and 4 4*s which wouldn't have been a huge bummer except all of the 4*'s I got were ass and types/realms I have no use for at all even I was able to make ++ versions of them :/

c-murph

Do a pull after finishing the next event dungeon. The banner should still be there.

I actually have like 30 levels left to finish in the story mode... and I'm not even sure how many in the Elite Story levels. Lots. I need to get back to beating those.

Edit: 30 Classic and 132 Elite remaining.

I actually have like 30 levels left to finish in the story mode... and I'm not even sure how many in the Elite Story levels. Lots. I need to get back to beating those.

Edit: 30 Classic and 132 Elite remaining.
Have you done all the Dailies since they reset? That's a lot of easy, extra Mythril.

MicH

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do when the arms show up in Demon Wall Nightmare. I get wrecked with Gravity every time

Balphon

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do when the arms show up in Demon Wall Nightmare. I get wrecked with Gravity every time

In the red = hit the wall.
Not in the red = hit the arms.

Put your strongest character in the middle and the weakest on the top and bottom.

Falk

that puzzling face
The exact mechanics is, characters in the cone hitting main target reduces his counter by 1, characters outside the cone hitting main target increases his counter by 1 (you don't want to do this)

so your heaviest hitter goes in the middle and you don't have to worry about that guy hitting wall when you don't want him to.

edit: I'm slow by an hour

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Strangely, I got Zack's new SSB thingie in the lucky draw. Well, at least I finally have a haste. :p

In the red = hit the wall.
Not in the red = hit the arms.

Put your strongest character in the middle and the weakest on the top and bottom.
The exact mechanics is, characters in the cone hitting main target reduces his counter by 1, characters outside the cone hitting main target increases his counter by 1 (you don't want to do this)

so your heaviest hitter goes in the middle and you don't have to worry about that guy hitting wall when you don't want him to.

edit: I'm slow by an hour
Do soul breaks count as hits?

Balphon

I believe the Gravija counter is based on the damage dealt to the wall rather than the number of individual hits. Not positive, though.

Dragner

I got 0/11 and Im on 0/22 from last set. Burp.

Nightmare wall was more trickier than I thought I needed to try a couple times to avoid the first gravija, he doesnt give you much time, to push him to phase 2 and deploy your mitigation.

Wazzy

Banned
There's dialogue on nightmare fights? D:

I just had Zell say "I am NOT a CHICKEN!!" and Cloud go off about himself and not pretending anymore.

RivalCore

Got Zack's Gloves, Edgar's Drill and Sentiel Grimoire.

Pretty chuffed. I can use Zack in my party since my 5th slot is flexible. Already had SG, so not as stoked about getting it as other people.

Mastered the Nightmare with this team,

13094113_10154786974873989_2792431955992350796_n.jpg

Lost 1 medal to actions and 2 to damage. I didn't understand the fight at first, all I read was put your damage dealers in the middle. Once I tried it a few times I understood the red cone. However when one of my middle damage dealers was out of the cone, I just kept defending with them. It didn't seem like they needed to attack the arms or do anything at all until the cone shifted onto them again. Using Shout as the RW was definitely needed as you need to do big damage to the first phase pretty quickly. Having Clouds BSB along with that use of Shout quickly burned down the bosses hp for phase 1 though. Using two healers was over kill, but overall this is an easy battle as long as you have one really strong SB attack to get through that first phase.

There's dialogue on nightmare fights? D:

I just had Zell say "I am NOT a CHICKEN!!" and Cloud go off about himself and not pretending anymore.
Yeah, (almost) everyone who enters into Nightmare Shift has a chance to say something for that fight. Someone's already compiled the quotes from the Combat Nightmare, as well as the dialogue from the previous Black Mage Nightmare.

I like seeing stuff like this. Makes the fights a bit more special IMO.

Grzi

Can't wait to pull on the lucky banner. Currently at 10 mythril lol, so with the FFXII event coming soon it should be a few days.

Another Excalibur for myself which i combined with the previous one for even more Saints Cross carnage.

Nightmare i enjoyed it! Puzzle bosses are the best. Also cleaned up the VII event a few days ago - Rufus was overhyped I think and went down on first try. U+ Hojo wasn't all that hard either, but i'm expecting a tougher challenge in the less synergised realms.

ZangBa

Nightmare was pretty easy, but the design was real cool. Had to S/L once because apparently I can't read life bar percents too well.

Kenai

I used Bartz/Sephiroth/Ramza/Agrias/Aerith and mastered losing 3 medals. I really had a hard time holding back/timing the red cone so I almost got smashed at the end (ty Aerith Reraise). Wall RW was actually kind of useless here to me and I put Aerith right in the middle of my pt like a dummy but w/e, don't have to do it again.

Lucky Pull was mediocre like usual but at least i did get Amarant Claws. A dupe but better than all 3s/4s.

Does resist instant KO gear help against gravity? The relationship between the 2 resistances is true the other way around in that monsters immune to death / instant KO are immune to gravity.

As far as I remember no. Gravity is always HP% based for your pt. So on the one hand even if your chraracter is already at low hp it won't kill you outright but...yea the Sap and the extra hits from te boss here can very easily get you right after if you aren't ready to recover.

Tidd

I totally expected to get another Ultima Sword for Steiner with my lucky pull because I already have a 7* and one extra copy of this sword. I ended up with his Defender <.< Still better than 0/11 I guess. Can't wait to pull his SSB and BSSB in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom