• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I just realized that the Organics banner, on top of having Organics, also has Dragon Armlet (Shellga) and Circlet (AOE Heal).

And I'm out of Mythril.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

To be fair, that banner does a great job of giving you rainbows and happiness before suddenly it's Shinra Helmet.

I speak from experience. x 3 experiences, in fact.

Final lucky pull. Storm Staff (IX). Very nice. I already have one and not all mages can use staff weapons to use its high magic but still very nice.

Got another Hypnocrown, Soul Sabre and a new Giant's Glove in the last lucky pull. More mage gear is always welcome, and now Celes is gonna be a beast when she gets her MC soon. Being the FFII fan I am, I'm happy to see a 5* from that realm, even if the SB is ridiculous. (Plus, I plan to use Snow and Jecht quite frequently, so strong fist weapons are a big plus.)

Overall the lucky banners were pretty cool. I wasn't planning on pulling on them all, but I'm glad I did.

Edit: Also 2/2 when it comes to getting Major Orbs from Gigantuars this cycle, so let's continue that trend please.

This is incredible, especially considering the enemy he's facing.

So pumped for this realm. The music is making me emotional.

MicH

I hate everyone who got the Vega from one of these pulls :(

Watch me try and fail for the third time in getting it next week

Just read that Stoneskin 2 and Sentinel Grimoire have the same stat multiplier and duration? All this time I've been thinking they stacked... :/

Nohar

Just read that Stoneskin 2 and Sentinel Grimoire have the same stat multiplier and duration? All this time I've been thinking they stacked... :/

Buffs which grant the exact same effect don't stack.
SS2 and SG grant +200% DEF & RES. Therefore, they don't stack: they overwrite eachother. On that note, Cecil's default SB is also a +% DEF & RES effect, and will overwrite SS2 or SG is used when one of those effect is up.
Boost and Keepsake Ribbon grant +25% and +50% ATK respectively. Same buff, they don't stack, they overwrite eachother.
Hand of the Emperor (Leon's Golden Armor) grants +30% ATK and DEF. This effect will stack with single stat increases such as Boost or Keepsake Ribbon.

Buffs which grant the exact same effect don't stack.
SS2 and SG grant +200% DEF & RES. Therefore, they don't stack: they overwrite eachother. On that note, Cecil's default SB is also a +% DEF & RES effect, and will overwrite SS2 or SG is used when one of those effect is up.
Boost and Keepsake Ribbon grant +25% and +50% ATK respectively. Same buff, they don't stack, they overwrite eachother.
Hand of the Emperor (Leon's Golden Armor) grants +30% ATK and DEF. This effect will stack with single stat increases such as Boost or Keepsake Ribbon.

Cool thanks. So the DEF bonus from SS2 + Hand of the Emperor would stack, and they would gain the individual bonuses to RES and ATK too?

Would something like Protectga also stack ontop of that defense as its a single DEF buff too?

Nohar

Cool thanks. So the DEF bonus from SS2 + Hand of the Emperor would stack, and they would gain the individual bonuses to RES and ATK too?

Would something like Protectga also stack ontop of that defense as its a single DEF buff too?

Yup, that's how it works. You would effectively have a +230% DEF boost. If you add Protectga (which does stack, it is an independant effect), you effectively have +330% DEF (... wow, that's huge).

If you have any doubt, check this spreahsheet.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yup, that's how it works. You would effectively have a +230% DEF boost. If you add Protectga (which does stack, it is an independant effect), you effectively have +330% DEF (... wow, that's huge).

If you have any doubt, check this spreahsheet.

Don't they stack multiplicatively?

edit: Yes, they do. Think about it, if buffs/debuffs stacked additively, full break + magic breakdown would leave enemies at 20% magic (lol)

Incidentally if you had Warrior of Light Class Change, friend summoned Luneth, Aerith and Leon in party with Planet Protector and Hand of the Emperor it works out to a hilarious 1.6 * 5.2 * 1.6 * 2.07 = 27.5x damage (of course, this is completely ignoring the soft cap). If you stacked that with offensive debuffs like Vanille's Deprotega and Wakka Status Reels, that's an additional 1.41 * 1.41 damage, for 54.8x damage (again, ignoring softcap)

edit: To answer the question, Stoneskin II + Hand of the Emperor + Protectga would be 0.4 * 0.8 * 0.56 meaning you only take 18% damage as normal. Stack that with Power Breakdown and Full Break just because, and that's another .36 * .49 and it drops to 3.1% damage. Instead of taking a 3k nuke you'll take a ~90 damage nuke (lol)

This is why most superbosses have break resist and/or dispel mechanics. Would be too hard to balance incoming damage otherwise, when the damage you take can vary up to almost 2 orders of magnitude depending on what kind of mitigation you have.

Okay, great explanation thanks.

Is this then multiplied rather than added to the character DEF rating to calculate damage reduction? IE: Paladin Cecil (120 @ 65) versus, say, Garnet (55 @ 65). In fact, how much damage is reduced per 1 DEF stat - is it a flat rate?

Falk

that puzzling face
There's different constants for calculating magical damage vs physical damage, and different constants for when the target is an enemy vs target is a party member.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...tle_mechanics_formulas_damage_accuracy_speed/ Actual formulae

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/battle_multipliers - rather comprehensive (although slightly out-of-date w.r.t newer SB) list

edit: Derp, it's not exactly quadratic.

edit2: Good way to simplify the formula is to think about everything in ratios. When you have e.g. 1.25x ATK, whether by casting boost or simply by having that much more base+equipment stats, you do 1.49x physical damage. When you have 3x DEF (e.g. SS2) you take 0.4x physical damage, and so on and so forth.

Jyrii

Banned
Is there a site that has item synergy comparison?

Or is there a mathematical formula I could use?

I want to go over my inventory and remove unnecessary items

Razmos

I think the UI update includes a way to check what the items stats are with synergy, but until then the only real way to do it is to enter a dungeon for that realm, go to your inventory and compare them manually. All items from that realm show up with synergy, not just the ones you have equipped.

You don't actually have to spend any stamina to do that, it's still a pain though.

MrDaravon

This is site is the best I have, but it's missing some newer items: http://ffrk-tools.menencia.com/

This is super useful, thanks!

Everyone keeps saying it's all about synergy, but the game makes it an enormous pain in the ass to do so, have to go through multiple inventory screens, and to check dungeon synergy you actually have to go into the dungeon etc. As a newbie it's super frustrating. That site should help a lot, but it still kinda sucks. Wouldn't be so bad if Optimize worked better, I looked around a bit and it seems like it doesn't work too well, seems to prioritize weird stats over attack.

Is there a site that has item synergy comparison?

Or is there a mathematical formula I could use?

I want to go over my inventory and remove unnecessary items
FFRK inspector is a good way of doing this if you can set it all up. I think kevrlet these days is if logged in you can mark items as owned which hopefully means there is a display owned only option (sidenote: I really hate its new more mobile friendly interface) which should be able to do the same thing inspector does.

Goddammit, I accidentally finished the summon orb dungeon with like 30 mythril left to spend. Oh well, I've got enough orbs to get each of the 3* orbs to r5 and at least I'll have a bunch of non elementals and winds by the end of this.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, post I quoted was saying 1 more day on the last phase. Meaning the Orbfest event is 13 days instead of 12.

What are the next character(s) that we'll be able to get MC2's for?

Cloud
Squall
(Note: Next four come as a set)
Paladin Cecil
Rinoa
Tidus
Tyro
Sephiroth
Lenna (Note: Capped at 50)
Wakka
Dark Cecil
Lightning
Red XIII (Note: Capped at 50 for a few days more)
Steiner (Note: Capped at 50)
Fran
Terra
Warrior of Light
Galuf (Note: Capped at 50)
(Note: Next eight come as a set)
Aerith
Vivi
Vanille (Note: Capped at 50 for a few days more)
Hope (Note: Released in a few days)
Locke (Note: Capped at 50)
Bartz (Note: Unreleased)
Gilgamesh (Note: Unreleased)
Lulu (Note: Unreleased)
Yuna
Tifa
Selphie
Garnet

From reddit.

Jyrii

Banned
This event has been so good for leveling up characters.

I have leveled 16 characters so far to lv65. Most from lv50. Also Cloud is near lv80 now.

18 Mythril left, so I think I will use them all for refreshes.

Valus

Got Rinoa's Rising Sun from my last lucky pull. I think that's a decent SB, hopefully I'll be able to get her soon.

This event has been so good for leveling up characters.

I have leveled 16 characters so far to lv65. Most from lv50. Also Cloud is near lv80 now.

18 Mythril left, so I think I will use them all for refreshes.

Does it give a lot of exp? I haven't noticed. I'm in desperate need of leveling up some peeps!

Nohar

Well, time to stop spending Mythril for refreshes. I may use some to power-level Vanille and Hope, but that's it. Festival of Orbs was a blessing, but frankly I'm burned out.

@Lights and Waves: Huh? The event is especially known to give huge amounts of EXP (only slightly inferior to sunday daily, and much easier to farm). Really, everyone runs it as much for the orbs than for the EXP.

MrDaravon

I'm still going through all the dungeons and everything so I've got Mythril coming in that way, but once you've completed/Mastered everything is the only source of Mythril the daily login bonus stuff? Seems like you'd hit a wall pretty bad.

Nohar

I'm still going through all the dungeons and everything so I've got Mythril coming in that way, but once you've completed/Mastered everything is the only source of Mythril the daily login bonus stuff? Seems like you'd hit a wall pretty bad.

You get Mythril from the daily login bonus, and from events (each event always has 10 Mythril to win), not to mention the occasional Mythril gift from DeNA. Really, there is no shortage of Mythril.

So apparently the 4th phase lasts one more day?
Which is why I'm still in Phase 3 running that for more Summon Orbs before moving over to P4.

Events tend to have 9-10 Mythril and we get dungeon updates every 2-3 weeks. So, there's still a nice inflow of Myhtril outside of the login bonuses.

MicH

I now have R4 Valefor and R2 Maduin. I don't think I'll actually hone Ruinga once we get it. I'd rather use those GBO on honing my -ja spells to R4

End results of Lucky Pull were One-Winged Angel, Demon Axe, and Snow's Jacket. Definitely disappointing compared to some, but OWA is an amazing weapon for a realm I was lacking in offensive synergy in, so that's nice, at least. Wild Rose Vow looks cool and seems decently powerful. And Snow has a unique but useful ability set that's just going to get better as the top-tier MNK and KNT abilities come out, and some good armor for XIII is not be be sneezed upon. Heck, it's probably the strongest armor in XIII, since they only seem to get light armor, robes, and bangles.

Just gonna keep on farming. Will likely do a 11 pull on XIII, so hopefully that turns out a bit better. And then save up for VIII, so that it can disappoint me for the fourth or fifth time.

So my Lucky Pull Relics for the event were

Magistral Rod
Hardedge
Partisan
Masamune

I'm not complaining about the Magistral Rod, but the other 3 I already have good synergy weapons for them, and I already have OWA so that outclasses Masamune.

Balphon

I think Sunday's XP dungeon gives around 70K for each heroic stage.

This event gives 58K xp for each heroic stage. Plus it's nicer of because of the orb drops.

Event heroic is the same as the Sunday daily with 2 Defeaters. Sunday heroic will vary depending on the number of Defeaters encountered; 0 Defeaters is around 71k with Champion.

MrDaravon

You get Mythril from the daily login bonus, and from events (each event always has 10 Mythril to win), not to mention the occasional Mythril gift from DeNA. Really, there is no shortage of Mythril.

Which is why I'm still in Phase 3 running that for more Summon Orbs before moving over to P4.

Events tend to have 9-10 Mythril and we get dungeon updates every 2-3 weeks. So, there's still a nice inflow of Myhtril outside of the login bonuses.

Is there pretty much always an event going?

Also unrelated, but I have like practically no mats to upgrade my current gear, do the daily dungeons provide enough to generally take care of that, or is it supposed to be a grind to level up your gear to max? I started Saturday so the only daily mat dungeon I have played was Monday's, but I'm still too low level to do any of the daily stuff at the highest level.

Yeah - usually a new event starts on Wednesday night / Thursday morning depending on where you live, and lasts for 10 days. So there will be overlap between the start of a new event and end of the previous one.

There are 2 days a week where you can get Scarletite/Adamantite from dailies, but a lot of Classic/Elite dungeons and Events reward it too. Its usually not very hard to come by.

Edit: Just got Clouds MC2! Wasn't sure i'd get everything honed and Zack/Barrett levelled up in time, but turned out to be a pretty comfortable win in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom