• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

So that staff isn't the ff2 shared cure relic?
Nope, it's a core relic
JVKMWMI.jpg

RivalCore

Okay, what is the gimmick for this Ultimate+ fight? Am I supposed to just do nothing until he surges water? It seems like if he does something else and I line up a couple of ice attacks he somehow gets an immediate second action to surge water.

Pretty garbage fight, but it has Power and Earth Orbs, ugh.

Poison is guaranteed 5k damage a tick, I just used Blizzard to meet the target conditions. He's way too temperamental to consistently land Blizzard for damage.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was about to call this an extremely stupid U+ since I didn't really have the relics to cheese it (no hastega, no Runic/equiv, all my physical SSBs for Shout synergy weren't Spellblade people) till I realized there's a rhythm to his actions - since his ATB takes like 1 sec to fill and his castbar is longer than that, when he can go into Tsunami form is actually rather predictable/periodic, since it's an interrupt on ATB charged.

When he casts something, wait like 3 secs (slowest setting, timing takes some practice/observation) and THEN if he didn't start charging Tsunami, use everything that's NOT lightning - pref. Blizzard for vulnerability - otherwise, use everything that's lightning.

He became toasty Cagnazzo a few tries after that epiphany. Definitely one of the more subtle/skill-oriented U+s so far if you can't cheese with Runic.

edit: To be fair, even then it still took pretty good savescum luck with his abilities (I can't mitigate/counter AOE slow if it lands) and forced me to hone a few abilities I otherwise wouldn't have. But I didn't have a single lightning/ice ability get nulled on the kill attempt.

edit:
GvQ4rPsl.jpg

Would have been so much easier if Sazh had a Hastega, heh. Wonder how afro + Black Cowl even works

In hindsight I probably should have egged Rydia a little to bump her Thundaga from 6k to at least 7.5-8k.

Also yes, no healer, no AOE heal SB. REAL MEN DON'T HEAL

(Full Break + Magic Breakdown is mandatory anyway to reduce the amount of reflected self-heal Cagnazzo does since no Runic)

RW was Shout. Considered Quistis/Garnet SSB but ultimately it was a battle against time since I only had two Hastegas from RW, so playing defensively was a poorer bet.

O96jJIRl.png

Ww7XxzUl.png

l3Xb2Fml.png

B.K.

Does anyone have any tips for the Ultimate? I still can't beat that thing. I've tried a physical team and then putting in a mage or two and I still can't beat it.

ccbfan

As annoying as this ultimate+ is, and there's a lot of annoying things like 8/10 times you need to sl because he instakills a character but at least it's not the same old.

Use ssb/shout meta
SL until you get mitigation up.
Spam lifesiphon
Nuke ssbs like crazy at mid point.
Success.

Its different at least.

Ahnez

Finally beaten Odin.

Considering how hard it was, I guess I shouldn't event try the ultimate.

.. But I will regardless, it is the first time I reach an Ultimate battle, and I want to see how it goes lol

Poison is guaranteed 5k damage a tick, I just used Blizzard to meet the target conditions. He's way too temperamental to consistently land Blizzard for damage.
Yeah, Poison was great.

I managed to beat it not too long after my post, I ended up trying the ultra mitigation, "slow and steady" route. Sentinel's Grimoire, Divine Guardian, Boon and Magic Breakdown made the damage manageable. I took Shout as a roaming even though I only had two damage dealers, but that being Cloud and Lightning with Burst and Super was great. Lightning doing a clean 50000-60000 each pop was nice and I saved all of Cloud's for the end. I had a Lightning Scroll on my keeper, which ran out, so I took a few Tsunami's at the end.

Going with Falk's post, it's a bad fight but if you can manage to mostly wait for the lightning exploit periods, you should (slowly and painfully) make it.

*hugs delicious Power and Earth Orbs*

Since I have flare and meteor at r3 and the Aja spells at 4*, I think I'm going all in on the 4* spellblades. This u+ Showed me how useful the bump in damage is and combined with my lead being bartz along with a huge surplus of orbs means I can take them to r4 without much pain. If only there was a higher level drain spellsword...

Falk

that puzzling face
The jump for physical 3*->4* still does leave something to be desired, though, since magic almost doubles going up a star rank.

:(

I won't argue that RNG is just RNG. However, after more than a year of playing daily, I find the game incredibly streaky. Let's take the daily as an example. Very often, when my first 160 Stamina spent in the morning yield bad results like barely any Greater and no Greens, that daily follows this tendency until it's over. The other way around is also true (way more rare). It has to be just random but it's getting old.

I've also been thinking about moving to 4★ Spellblades and this Ultimate+ really made it clear that it will be useful.

The only pause I am having is considering all the Orb Conversion I'll miss out on, but Major Power Orbs are being distributed fairly well at the moment and I think beyond that, the only one I'm hoarding for conversion is Wind.

I'm also looking at taking Barrage to x6. I have Auron's Super but his skill selection is SO tuned to area-hit with samurai abilities, it'll be good to have focused damage for him (and Luneth with Advance, once I can Level 80 him). Again, the only major hit will be Major Wind Orbs. Good lord EVERYTHING I want needs Major Wind Orbs.

Since I have flare and meteor at r3 and the Aja spells at 4*, I think I'm going all in on the 4* spellblades. This u+ Showed me how useful the bump in damage is and combined with my lead being bartz along with a huge surplus of orbs means I can take them to r4 without much pain. If only there was a higher level drain spellsword...
I was thinking of doing this too. However, I realized that all my -aga Spellblades are r2 while Break and Biora are r1, meaning it would take the equivalent of 2 Major Powers for each elemental one just to get them to r3 (3 MPs each for Break and Biora). I need to save those for Faultsiphon and Full Charge. Plus, I also want to hone Tornado Strike to at least r2.

I'll stick with just using these with Celes + her SSB.

Kain

I can't even beat the Ultimate lol

That cursed elegy just destroys me.

Oh well, fuck this event, in waiting for IX anyway (fuck III probably too xD)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I have 500 items now and I've deleted all 1 and 2 star items... I guess I'm at a point where I need to just get rid of all 3* and 4* items? I wonder why they capped it at 500 anyway.

Yep been slowly weeding out old accessories at an awkward phase with things like the 2x 30 mind accessories I feel like I could live with one but just in case I keep both.

tenton

So I have 500 items now and I've deleted all 1 and 2 star items... I guess I'm at a point where I need to just get rid of all 3* and 4* items? I wonder why they capped it at 500 anyway.

Yeah, I thought they'd have a higher limit.

I still have some 2* items, but have been selling them slowly. Though I'm still keeping a copy of 2* ++ for things I have poor realm synergies for (or most of them, since I'm too lazy to look at all that. :p )

This cagnazzo + is just pure RNG, basically pray he doesn't randomly go back into another tsunami after breaking one, randomly doesn't hit everyone with an aoe sleep/slow, randomly doesn't haste into a tsunami charge after your dispel user has committed to another attack, etc

Runic is for sure the way to go, and I should probably work in a real poison as opposed to banking on my poison axe, but whenever I bring poison the axe procs first turn -.-

Pejo

Yep been slowly weeding out old accessories at an awkward phase with things like the 2x 30 mind accessories I feel like I could live with one but just in case I keep both.

One of these nights I need to weed out my accessories. My equipment inventory is over half accessories, most of which I never use.

Also found out my skills are full after the free waterga strike yesterday, so I need to go break down some abilities.

I hate housecleaning. It's so boring.

This cagnazzo + is just pure RNG, basically pray he doesn't randomly go back into another tsunami after breaking one, randomly doesn't hit everyone with an aoe sleep/slow, randomly doesn't haste into a tsunami charge after your dispel user has committed to another attack, etc

Runic is for sure the way to go, and I should probably work in a real poison as opposed to banking on my poison axe, but whenever I bring poison the axe procs first turn -.-
There I was thinking that the people bringing Venom Buster were fighting against the odds.

Of course I still need to do the Ultimates and they sure look annoying on paper but doable for me.

There I was thinking that the people bringing Venom Buster were fighting against the odds.

Of course I still need to do the Ultimates and they sure look annoying on paper but doable for me.

Yeah just won but at the last second runic ran out and his triple waterega ran a train on my team so I'll have to try again

ZangBa

Finally had a chance to finish the event. First thing I did was try a Runic strategy for Cagnazzo, but it was RNG hell for me so I went back to my main team and one shot it. Only advice I have is ignore the Tsunami, because it's too much of a pain in the ass to deal with and takes up too many ability slots. Just brought wall, no Runic or Reflect. I have native shout, so that alone makes things easier. If you have that or native wall, I think you can brute force it like I did. Oh, and definitely bring something that poisons.

Finally had a chance to finish the event. First thing I did was try a Runic strategy for Cagnazzo, but it was RNG hell for me so I went back to my main team and one shot it. Only advice I have is ignore the Tsunami, because it's too much of a pain in the ass to deal with and takes up too many ability slots. Just brought wall, no Runic or Reflect. I have native shout, so that alone makes things easier. If you have that or native wall, I think you can brute force it like I did. Oh, and definitely bring something that poisons.

Do you have good synergy for FF4 since my FF4 gear is pretty garbage all around which is why I didn't try the brute force approach.

I have a real soft spot for Final Fantasy III and it was my worst realm for synergy (except I, which I don't think counts, sadly) so I figured I would pull on both of these banners. Yeah, yeah, it took a year and change to get one event here and the game will probably shut down before the next one, but it's my Mythril and I didn't fall into the Platinum Sword hype so I have plenty.

A shield (with my third Hastega) and a throw weapon, cool. I was kind of hoping for the Lust Dagger, but it's not healthy to chase an item (and I already have Tyrfing) so that's all I'm doing.

Bonus: Both of the 4★ were nice for combining.

iEsIWE6.jpg

Balphon

Did an 11 pull on the FF3 banner hoping for a little synergy and the only 5* was a non-SB off-banner FFT item. As if I didn't already hate FFT in this game. I wish I could delete Ramza from my account in protest.

Though I did manage to get as many FFT items from 50 mythril on this banner as I did from 200 on the FFT banner, so I guess that's something.

WarAdept

100 gems got me Luneth's SSB weapon which was pretty clutch

I am mad jealous. Congrats. I've adored the animation of it since it was first shown in Japan 6 months ago and Luneth is a cool dude. Wish I got it since I already have Tyrfing, but what can you do. Gatcha gonna gatcha.

11-pull got Genji Gloves and a bunch of 4* items that were combinable into 4*++, including thrown items and katanas. Couldn't be happier with the outcome (barring a SSB, of course). Need to do house cleaning tonight and take down U+ Cagnazzo if possible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you deal with stop in that case?

ZangBa

Do you have good synergy for FF4 since my FF4 gear is pretty garbage all around which is why I didn't try the brute force approach.

Besides Paladin Cecil's SSB weapon, not really. I didn't have enough 4*'s to go around so I had to use non RS weapons. Armor was all non-synergy ATK stuff.

How do you deal with stop in that case?

I didn't, lol. He stopped my Ramza as he was recasting Shout, which was really just wonderful, and he stopped Balthier as he was recasting Wall for me as well. I guess that's pretty unlucky. He honestly didn't counter that much. It's 1 stamina, so I'd say it's worth trying to bum rush him.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think anyone really -needs- more III synergy in the grand scheme of things.

I, II and III have a sad amount of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom