• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly speaking I wouldn't be surprised if an in-game restart battle became a thing, especially if they change how fleeing works (they won't ololo)

Sure it's not something that's innately in FF but it's become such a core part of FFRK.

Balphon

Would they patch it out? They would have to revert your state if you flee.

They could just start making them 80 stamina or have them lead with stronger attacks, the latter of which I think starts happening anyway.

In any event in most of these fights it's better to have full SB gauges at the end of the fight than at the beginning.

Falk

that puzzling face
They could just start making them 80 stamina or have them lead with stronger attacks, the latter of which I think starts happening anyway.

In any event in most of these fights it's better to have full SB gauges at the end of the fight than at the beginning.

Being able to replace Lifesiphon with something with more utility kinda rocks!

ZangBa

I had to S/L a few times on Bahamut and change a character out, but it wasn't too bad for me. I had a Tyrfing as my only piece of FFIII synergy, so my damage was pretty low. Kind of a boring fight, though. In terms of mechanics, I liked Rubicante the most probably.

Balphon

Being able to replace Lifesiphon with something with more utility kinda rocks!

Maybe, but not enough that I want to spend a half hour grinding before every U+.

None of them have been hard enough to justify exploiting yet anyway.

Sitting on full SB gauges waiting for the boss to enrage seems a little counterproductive as well.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe, but not enough that I want to spend a half hour grinding before every U+.

You know, considering I actually did just Lifesiphon to max and then blow a Mythril to restart with full gauge (yeah, I'll pay that $1 equivalent back if I -need- to pull on something and I'm 1 Mythril short) I kinda understand where you're coming from.

It doesn't really change the fact that that option is there to take advantage of should push come to shove for people with copious amounts of free time though.

It's simply a side effect of stuff being 1-stam, and while it's not as broken as, say, VIT0 was a year ago, the amount of stuff you can achieve with that fact in mind is rather hefty for encounters designed around the opportunity cost of no trash waves prior, e.g. packing Mako Might/Dr Mog's Teaching for exactly that amount of bonus gauge.

We'll see which way DeNA hops, I guess, although I don't think anything much will happen till it starts getting abused on JP, not Global. (ehehehe)

Balphon

Yeah, the fact that it provides a simple way of making Mako Might non-mandatory is pretty compelling, even if it means the white Mage is carrying concentration. Though it's reliant on the fight not having a lot of first-turn damage, which from my limited knowledge is something the harder U+ fights occasionally seem to have (e.g. Caius).

The boss having any AoE potential at all on turn 1 would kinda ruin it too.

Was thinking a bit and I kinda wish this had an MMO-like subscription model of some sort. I'd comfortably pay 10-12$ a month (like FFXIV) if it netted me stuff like:

Infinite or multiplied max stamina
1 "free" 11 draw per week
Expanded inventory space

Some F2P games have done similar things. The main problem I see of course is that the price of a single 11 draw in gems is way more than that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'd prefer a revamp that did away with gacha entirely.

Which is akin to wishing for world peace.

World of Final Fantasy soon tho

I had to hit and run just to stand a chance against U+ and I just feel dirty. The state of the game for me is really going downhill quickly. I wasn't able to even complete Cagnazzo and I might master this one with some luck. My equipment is poor but it really comes down to SSBs which I am lacking in quality as a day1 player. :(

Anustart

Was thinking a bit and I kinda wish this had an MMO-like subscription model of some sort. I'd comfortably pay 10-12$ a month (like FFXIV) if it netted me stuff like:

Infinite or multiplied max stamina
1 "free" 11 draw per week
Expanded inventory space

Some F2P games have done similar things. The main problem I see of course is that the price of a single 11 draw in gems is way more than that.

Yeah, 30$ for an 11 pull is just bonkers to me. I get shit on almost every 11 pull, no way in hell I'm paying 30 bucks for that crap.

So here's a fun question for y'all, which character do you want a SB for but don't have one yet? I'd love one for lightning cause I've always liked her

So here's a fun question for y'all, which character do you want a SB for but don't have one yet? I'd love one for lightning cause I've always liked her

Locke, Fang, Lightning, (I have Corps Field Uniform for Stormborn but meh for the SB and yay for the item stats), Fran and Batlhier because I like them all a lot.

Probably Shadow - he is one of my favourite characters in the series. I've sunk 200ish Mythril into both his banners with no luck :(

Squall and that's a huge wish. I have around 7-8 characters with unique SBs but aside from Auron's boss Shooting star and Fang's Pulsr Burst most are in the rank of Yuffie's Bloodfest, Cid's Hyper Jump or Laguna's Missile Salvo - All average multiple damage dealers that do decent but don't have much utility. Also, a lot of these characters can't be MCIIed.

I really need a SSB. Really hoping the upcoming IX and X events deliver, I'm just having a hard time deciding what to save for.

Tough question. My go-to SBs are Shout, SG, Valiant Strike (Locke), Blasting Zone (Squall), and Cleansing Strike (Agrias). Even Zack's Air Raid is better than ones like Braver. I could use another pure physical damage dealing SSB or BSSB. I kinda wanted a Runic or Greg's.

greyshark

I don't want to seem standoffish but I would challenge you to try U+ without shout and without an aoe heal better than Selphie's first SB.

I've beaten every U+ so far without Shout (have yet to try a non Shout team on the latest one, still thinking of how best to approach it)

Anustart

Whats the next event, anyone know?

Also, is it better to have luneth auto hasted and just use tempo flurry, or is prey on the weak a useful RM?

Grzi

Bahamut was easy, mastered it without a single synergy item first try, and that's with Agrias using Banishing Strike and Saint Cross on a boss that resists holy, so she was dealing no damage.

Cagnazzo was awful, shittiest boss fight design ever, pulled it off but after a lot of s/l's even with Runic. No Wall so that was a fun experience.

i liked this ultimate, I was able to use cid with wind jump and his high wind sb to powerful effect even with a non rs weapon, once set up he was my top damage dealer. Was not about to craft a second Aeroga strike for this battle and wanted to get it done before the tornado strike gift.

Interesting.

Going through the event dungeons I reached Babil in IV. In it, Rubicante is supposed to be weak to water and it is one of the point requirements to exploit the water weakness.

However, he absorbed water damage. I used it two times to be sure since I was like "this can't be right".

Anustart

Interesting.

Going through the event dungeons I reached Babil in IV. In it, Rubicante is supposed to be weak to water and it is one of the point requirements to exploit the water weakness.

However, he absorbed water damage. I used it two times to be sure since I was like "this can't be right".

His cloak must have been up.

YOOOOO. That might have been my first Ultimate+ win on first attempt, no resets, felt boss.

I think my mitigation team is moving from Garnet and Y'shtola to Garnet and Keeper. Even when you need both Shellga and Protectga, Keeper's utility is just too valuable. In this instance, he put up Protectga and then did a series of 9999s using Wind Jump, which also kept my Sentinel's Grimoire topped off healthily.

Balphon

Does War Dance and Shout stack? I have both of these. Never tried it...

No, I just don't use shout. The boost effect on war dance is one of the better secondary effects on an AoE heal, though probably not as good as high regen or magic blink overall. Depends on your situation.

I have a 4++ Dagger and a Power Sash for IX synergy... I am really interested in Beatrix's SSB but if I pull I will empty most of what I started to save for BSSB fest. I have a feeling that if I could beat Bahamut with no synergy, I can do Kuja. If push comes to shove I can master Kuja for 1 Mythril by filling 3 SB gauge for everyone and reviving.

There's a topic on Reddit asking people what is their IX Synergy and people post that theirs is almost non-existent or pitiful and there is at least 2-3 physical 5* in there, making me feel like they would have no adjectives to describe my situation.

Soon I'll finally be able to put my troll pulls of 6 Ultima swords to effective use!

I combined 3 of them into a ++ immediately and, @ 140 Atk, I use that here and there when I'm lacking Synergy. I left the other 3 as 5* for XI synergy.

I have a 4++ Dagger and a Power Sash for IX synergy... I am really interested in Beatrix's SSB but if I pull I will empty most of what I started to save for BSSB fest. I have a feeling that if I could beat Bahamut with no synergy, I can do Kuja. If push comes to shove I can master Kuja for 1 Mythril by filling 3 SB gauge for everyone and reviving.
I wouldn't shy away from spending more than a single Mythril to beat an Ultimate or Ultimate+ if you feel you are close to being able to beat something and need a tiny boost or two. I think most seasoned players are comfortable spending lots of Mythril on refreshes during Orb Festivals and I'm sure the returns are far less (just counting orbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom