• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshark

U+ mastered - kept getting wrecked by Beam Cannons because my SG would run out right at the same time. Looking at his AI, his Unarmored phase is way more dangerous with him casting it over twice as often.

I decided to ignore the armor and unloaded all my SB's on Proud Clad instead - damage wasn't that much worse thanks to the soft cap on his DEF.

My RW Shout ran out near the end but still had enough SSB charges to get through it.

Managed only expert last week, decided to level up and use both Beatrix and Steiner (both had a unique soulbreak) ...Success!
j2FO7wfl.png

Lv6x7oMl.png

Demon Gate perplexed me a bit. I was wondering how the hell after an attack breakdown Dance and protectga Cave-in did over 2000 damage and is it really so OP and RNG dependant (he spammed it 2-3 turns in a row from time to time). Turns out it's magic damage and I only find out after the fact.

The only reason I managed to beat it 4th time in (S/L) was due to him not using the damn attack once. That made the fight stupidly easy.

Literally the first time I'm seeing 1 action 1 damage lost

I didn't believe it could be done hahaha

My first mastery was also 1 and 1. I think my second might have just been 1 for damage but I can't remember now. Super high mitigation thanks to Cleansing Strike and low DPS from only having 1 RS relic and having to gear armour/acc for RES.

Anustart

Got back in. Almost back up to 100 mythril after my moment of weakness with the ff9 banner which netted me 4 thunder gloves :/

Come on 200 for SSb fest.

Dragner

Im paciently saving for fest. Above 200 myth now will arrive with at least 300 to the fest. Will spend it between Tyro Burst and Adult Rydia banner 1.

I take back what I said about Dark Zone maybe not being worth it without synergy. For some reason I geared for mitigation against Kuja neglecting the fact that grand cross absorbs most of the attacks anyways and the others should be survivable at full health. Threw an accessory and bracer with MAG on Exdeath along with the Devotion RM to make up for low MAG and was hitting Kuja under full break for over 10k with the free 3++ rod.

I can only imagine how it'd fare with a lvl 80 character, some record synergy, and the +20% dark damage RM. I can see why some people bring this along in their shout teams.

MrDaravon

Finally went and nabbed the 3 blank MC2s from the Nightmare dungeons (which I hadn't touched), down to missing only one MC2 now!!

My excitement was immediately deflated upon remembering we're due for a Hall of Rites update in the next couple of weeks (assuming we stay on the JP timeframe) that adds 6 more new characters directly into HoR >_>

Okay this is getting stupid we've had 6* abilities now for 3 months and afaik it's still impossible to actually make them. I'm not saying the drops should be common they should be extremely rare, but to not have any way of grinding for them?

I haven't pulled anything great in awhile so on a whim I said screw it and did two 3x pulls on the ff9 ragnarok banner in hopes for that sword. And guess what I got? The ragnarok.
So now I've fully embraced the shout meta. This is what my AAA team consists of.

13321961_10154891514083989_6359685078932513511_n.jpg

Between my Zack SB stunning, Gil ssb casting high regen, and now Bea and her magic blink, I have pretty consistent damage dealing supers that also offer some form of mitigation. Cloud is just straight damage with the bssb and ysh is my MVP for life with that wall and the heals.

I feel like I'm pretty set for now until things start to change again. I was holding on to the retaliate methods for so long but now that I have a crew for shout it feels good.

My RW list had 3 people I was following with shout. It is now down to one due to losing one and the other one changing their equipment and not setting the soul break to shout...I hope their gil income crashes so they notice their error but I've got visions of people not noticing and attempting an ultimate and then using the soul break and being like "oh god no!".

In terms of RM2 drops I thought Shadow was bad luck time for me (in the past I was spared the horrors of Garnet and Josef I managed to get a with a few FFII elites to go all those days ago...). Nope it's Palom who is currently level 78. If he reaches level 80 that will be pure irony, waste EXP to get the EPX up RM.

c-murph

I haven't pulled anything great in awhile so on a whim I said screw it and did two 3x pulls on the ff9 ragnarok banner in hopes for that sword. And guess what I got? The ragnarok.
So now I've fully embraced the shout meta. This is what my AAA team consists of.

13321961_10154891514083989_6359685078932513511_n.jpg

Between my Zack SB stunning, Gil ssb casting high regen, and now Bea and her magic blink, I have pretty consistent damage dealing supers that also offer some form of mitigation. Cloud is just straight damage with the bssb and ysh is my MVP for life with that wall and the heals.

I feel like I'm pretty set for now until things start to change again. I was holding on to the retaliate methods for so long but now that I have a crew for shout it feels good.

My team is kinda has the same idea. My current "Shout Team":

Ramza - Shout (Haste, Party Atk 50%)
Yuffie - Gauntlet (3x Range, Blink)
Agrias - Cleansing Strike (3x Physical, High -Atk, High -Mag)
Zack - Air Strike (3x Range, High Interruption)
Yuna - Hymn of the Faith (Moderate HP, Major Regen), Trigger Happy (10x Non-Elemental, Haste, Burst mode)

RW - Tyro - Sentinel's Grimoire / Quitis - Mighty Guard (VIII) (Haste, Shell, Major Regen)

I sub in Aerith when I need some Life Insurance on tougher battles:
Aerith - Pulse of Life (Moderate HP, Reraise)

Magic Subs for elemental weaknesses:
Vivi - Doublecast Decay (4x Dark)
Lightning - Crushing Blow (5x Lightning) / Tyro - Stormlance Grimorie (4x Lightning)
Eiko - Withering Winds (Wiind, High -Mag)
Terra - Magitek Missle (10x Non-elemental) / Kefka - Havoc Wing (3x Non-elemental, Blind, Paralyze)

Other Physical Attackers Subs:
Zidane - Shift Break (4x Range, High -Atk, Moderate +Atk)
Cid - Hyper Jump (4x Range, Haste, Moderate +Atk, Low +Def)
Tifa - Burning Arrow (2x Range, Party Moderate +Atk)
Edgar - Drill (3x Physical, Party Moderate +Def)

I hope to someday get Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire (200% Def/Res) and Ramza's Tailwind (% HP, Protect) & Hail of Stones (6x Physical, High Interruption) for myself someday.

WarAdept

Cait Sith is only stuck at 65 for about a month and a half. Mog is still a bit of a wait though.

Well that's good to hear (for Cait Sith at least). Shame about Mog, I love the little dude, considering despite being at 65, he's still the most tanky healer out there. I don't think he'll ever get a proper medica though.

Dragoon 5 when.

Czarcasm

So I finally finished my last normal dungeon, was getting ready to do nothing but daily runs. Then I remember we're getting another dungeon update tomorrow. So my plans are on hold for another day or two.

I would love it if you were able to customize Auto mode. I'd like my healer to pop a heal when a person is <50% health or something in that nature. Add a auto-battle gambit system with collectibles! ooo yeah

if BOSS == kicking my ass
than
Activate
Friend SSB

B.K.

Got the Ultimate cleared. Now I need to clear some story dungeons and dailies for Mythril before BSBfest.

I would love it if you were able to customize Auto mode. I'd like my healer to pop a heal when a person is <50% health or something in that nature.

Isn't there a Record Materia that changes attack to a cure spell? Put it on your healer and let them heal each round.

WarAdept

Isn't there a Record Materia that changes attack to a cure spell? Put it on your healer and let them heal each round.

Yeah there's Garnets RM2 which heals for ~400-500 and then there's Vanille's RM3, which is double the potency of Garnets. Awesome for Auto.

MrDaravon

Okay this is getting stupid we've had 6* abilities now for 3 months and afaik it's still impossible to actually make them. I'm not saying the drops should be common they should be extremely rare, but to not have any way of grinding for them?

Nope, IIRC we're still like maybe 1-2 months (longer?) before enough mats are out to craft anything. I want to say I saw something maybe ~2 months ago about Japan finally being able to craft Ultima, and I don't think it was a huge deal or anything. This is part of why I hadn't bothered touching the Nightmare dungeons at all until today, and I only did that to grab the MC2 crystals. It is kind of a weird choice they've gone with.

Nope, IIRC we're still like maybe 1-2 months (longer?) before enough mats are out to craft anything. I want to say I saw something maybe ~2 months ago about Japan finally being able to craft Ultima, and I don't think it was a huge deal or anything. This is part of why I hadn't bothered touching the Nightmare dungeons at all until today, and I only did that to grab the MC2 crystals. It is kind of a weird choice they've gone with.

We are only missing 1 Black Crystal to craft Ultima and Japan had it by now. The one missing was in a collaboration event. The last Black Crystal needed to craft Ultima came out on Christmas from this event Ultimate fight.

I just beat FF9 PC and instead of satisfaction, the ending gave me anxiety, because it has the same jingle that plays when you do a relic draw in Record Keeper. I kept waiting for the little screenshake and rainbow explosion, but it never came. I am empty inside.

WarAdept

I just beat FF9 PC and instead of satisfaction, the ending gave me anxiety, because it has the same jingle that plays when you do a relic draw in Record Keeper. I kept waiting for the little screenshake and rainbow explosion, but it never came. I am empty inside.

I'm happy you just finished the greatest FF ever.

Vivi x Steiner OTP.

I'm happy you just finished the greatest FF ever.

Vivi x Steiner OTP.

I didn't use Vivi or Steiner in this playthrough. I wanted to mix it up this time and used Amarant, Quina, and Dagger. I used Zidane too, but that was mostly because I always assumed he was mandatory and didn't notice he wasn't until the second-to-last savepoint. I also don't know what "OTP" is, but I assume it's a good thing.

WarAdept

I didn't use Vivi or Steiner in this playthrough. I wanted to mix it up this time and used Amarant, Quina, and Dagger. I used Zidane too, but that was mostly because I always assumed he was mandatory and didn't notice he wasn't until the second-to-last savepoint. I also don't know what "OTP" is, but I assume it's a good thing.

I just like Vivi and Steiner as characters. Battlewise, they're on the lower spectrum of usefulness, with Quina ruling over all.

Kain

As I thought the Ultimate was very easy (AOE till the arms are dead while tauntaliating and then chain interrupts so the boss doesn't kill you with its heavy AOE) but the U+ is completely impossible without godlike hones (for me I mean). Next event please xD

I just like Vivi and Steiner as characters. Battlewise, they're on the lower spectrum of usefulness, with Quina ruling over all.

Quina in FFRK should be as broken as in FFIX. Mighty Guard + Angel snack + White wind + Twister = Happiness

The PC/Mobile port is awesome because you can unlock all her spells with the built in cheats, so I was running around Bad breathing all the random encounters. Good times.

Shadow780

Was struggling with Chapmpioning U+ Kuja due to lack of AOE heal and IX synergy, did a YOLO 11-draw, came away with two Zidane swords and Eiko's flute, kicked his butt the next fight.

story of FFRK.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Cait Sith is quite good in RK, particularly if you have his relics. You should give him a shot.

Oh I will after I level....it?... up this weekend. I usually don't use new characters until after I level them on Sunday unless it's somebody I really like then I'll egg them immediately.

CS' relic is nice on Ramza though; I have native shout so the mind boost is nice.

For Japan, yes.

Relics you can draw. But since japan has one guaranteed 5* item it's pretty good. And you can pull 3 times on that banner, not just once. The items you can select should be announced later.
I thought they were already announced. I saw a list that included Ramza's Armor (was this just the vol 1 selections).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom