• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at 445/450 right now, so unless they raise the 500 cap I'll have no choice but to start deleting things in a few months, which I'm not happy about. I keep one of everything.

Anustart

Just realized theyre giving us an incredibly short period for double greens.

They come in so damn slowly, even doubled. And having to waste all stamina towards them means not clearing my dungeons so no mythril gain.

Bah. Have 100 mythril again, wanting 200 or 250 for the fest, which would mean not grinding dailies for greens.

MrDaravon

Just realized theyre giving us an incredibly short period for double greens.

They come in so damn slowly, even doubled. And having to waste all stamina towards them means not clearing my dungeons so no mythril gain.

Bah. Have 100 mythril again, wanting 200 or 250 for the fest, which would mean not grinding dailies for greens.

....couldn't you just clear the new dungeons starting on Monday?

ok redeemed:
II Gigas armlet
III skybreaker earrings
vi memento ring
viii glow curtain
x mythril armlet
xi brutal earring
xiv tremor earrings

my coverage is
Ice: 4 mod (2 are f/i/l -w)
Lightning: 1 major 5 mod (mix of bonuses)
Fire: 1 major 6 mod (mix of bonuses)
KO: 3 major 3 minor (mix of bonuses)
Holy: 1 major 3 mod
Earth: 3 mod

pretty good i think

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you maxed out on capacity? I haven't cleaned up by accessories and I'm still 420/500 or so.

Yeah, I'm constantly at 490.

I have a lot of natural 3* from events/draws that I don't know what to do with. Basically cleared all the 1++ and 2++ I had in my inventory already.

Some items from the Mobius collaboration have been added to the official strategy website alongside some other yet unreleased items. (Like from the upcoming FFXIV event.)

It doesn't confirm anything for sure, but maybe we might see the Mobius collab in global afterall, at least in some form. (Which would be great, because it includes four new characters, and a ton of brand new relics.)

Negator

any good special event banners (half price pulls, super soul breaks etc) coming up that's worth saving mythril for?

There's going to be a burst super soul break festival at the end of the month. These banners on average are better than the ones we have now. After that though, the banners start getting a lot better and it will start to be hard to stockpile.

Here's a good breakdown from the last page explaining how the banners will be affected. The BSSB banners from the JP client will be shifted around so using those as a guideline is probably not a good idea.

Razmos

Some items from the Mobius collaboration have been added to the official strategy website alongside some other yet unreleased items. (Like from the upcoming FFXIV event.)

It doesn't confirm anything for sure, but maybe we might see the Mobius collab in global afterall, at least in some form. (Which would be great, because it includes four new characters, and a ton of brand new relics.)
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1228051

Lol, that's some convenient timing

Kain

Personally I'm more interested in the VIII and V banners that follow Rydia's xD

But yeah, after the fest the banners are getting crazy good. Remember when the big prize was Sephi's Masamune? Or Revolver? Well, Revolver was never good lol

Dragner

What's great about adult rydia 1?

It has:

PCecil Burst one of the best.
Kain SSB : 8 hits single target then next 2 dragoon skills become instant making it insane burst damage with dragonfire dive.
Rosa SSB: Dreamstage clone on a better character than selphie and being a mind bow for backrow tanking with PCecil.
Edward SB Hastemarch: +30% MAG + hasteaga. An upgrade over kefka cloack and Edeas hat on a support character making him the perfect support for mage teams.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, that's how I rolled from the start. There's also a self-schadenfreude factor at work where I secretly hope to get horrible 10 pulls so I can point and laugh at my own bad luck.

It has:

PCecil Burst one of the best.
Kain SSB : 8 hits single target then next 2 dragoon skills become instant making it insane burst damage with dragonfire dive.
Rosa SSB: Dreamstage clone on a better character than selphie and being a mind bow for backrow tanking with PCecil.
Edward SB Hastemarch: +30% MAG + hasteaga. An upgrade over kefka cloack and Edeas hat on a support character making him the perfect support for mage teams.

Mrgrgrgr my ff4 synergy is bad now I have to save for this

It has:

Let's talk about how Rosa is the best WHM once this weapon is released. There are only three WHM-5 that also have Support-4: Tyro, Rosa, and Y'shtola. Support-4 is important because of Wrath which, when paired with Ace Striker, allows you to use a soulbreak on every third turn (with spare change).

Y'shtola is busy using Stoneskin, which doesn't benefit from being spammed. Her alternative, Medica, is one of the less useful group cures in the game.

Tyro will have enough meter to cast Sentinel's Guard and also use his Burst. Or you can just maintain his Burst, which is amazing. However, Tyro can get similar enough results with Lifesiphon, and if you're using his Burst then you are probably gearing ATK and not MND, nor slotting Curaja... not to mention the +ATK effect on Wrath would overwrite your Boostga on an ATK-oriented Tyro.

Rosa gets a group Curaga, which (right now) is pretty much a full party heal. It then puts up a Magic Blink that mitigates the next AoE. Consider bosses like Carry Armor and Kuja, which use considerable AoE. With Wrath, Rosa's SSB is effectively similar to using 8 cures in the span of three turns. If I get Rosa's SSB bow, it will be extremely rare that I ever slot Curaja.

Rosa gets a group Curaga, which (right now) is pretty much a full party heal. It then puts up a Magic Blink that mitigates the next AoE. Consider bosses like Carry Armor and Kuja, which use considerable AoE. With Wrath, Rosa's SSB is effectively similar to using 8 cures in the span of three turns. If I get Rosa's SSB bow, it will be extremely rare that I ever slot Curaja.

Having only Aerith for Medica (her 2 AoE Heal SB), I am eyeing this relic sooooooo bad. It would be perfect for my party. That banner is crazy good! Got to use those Greater Fire Orbs too...

It makes me think... I can't believe that I have been playing since day 1, I have pulled so much and I only have okish Medica for 1 character and no Hastega. I am a utility SB magnet, thoug ( HotE, Focus, Pecil's Sentinel, Indomitable Blade, etc.). Not like it matters anyway, the game is not hard anymore and won't really be beside Cid's Missions (and I will do what I can with them but pulling for them? Nah).

My problem is how do I fit Rosa into my shout party?

Ramza with Shout
Auron with SSB
Gilgamesh with SSB
Y'Sholta with Wall
Agrias with SSB

I currently use sophie and other RW for my aoe curaga letting Y'Sholta focus on meter for wall. I suppose I could swap out Y'Sholta for Rosa and make wall my RW but I'm not sure if that would end up being that much better long term.

My problem is how do I fit Rosa into my shout party?

Ramza with Shout
Auron with SSB
Gilgamesh with SSB
Y'Sholta with Wall
Agrias with SSB

I currently use sophie and other RW for my aoe curaga letting Y'Sholta focus on meter for wall. I suppose I could swap out Y'Sholta for Rosa and make wall my RW but I'm not sure if that would end up being that much better long term.

You have options. Rosa could replace Y'shtola and you could bring a Wall RW. You could also replace Gilgamesh or Agrias with Rosa and give Y'shtola 8k+ Holy nukes. It depends. With your gear, you are obviously at a point where the only thing you're getting out of relic draws is synergy and flexibility. If you're ever losing a fight because the boss is outright killing you, then Rosa is going to be preferable to Gilgamesh and Agrias. If you aren't dying, then there's really no reason to bring her. Surely you've recognized that you're an edge case and have almost the perfect party. If you had Sentinel's Grimoire instead of Thyrus, your white mage choice would obviously be Rosa.

You have options. Rosa could replace Y'shtola and you could bring a Wall RW. You could also replace Gilgamesh or Agrias with Rosa and give Y'shtola 8k+ Holy nukes. It depends. With your gear, you are obviously at a point where the only thing you're getting out of relic draws is synergy and flexibility. If you're ever losing a fight because the boss is outright killing you, then Rosa is going to be preferable to Gilgamesh and Agrias. If you aren't dying, then there's really no reason to bring her. Surely you've recognized that you're an edge case and have almost the perfect party. If you had Sentinel's Grimoire instead of Thyrus, your white mage choice would obviously be Rosa.

Yeah, which is why the FF4 banner is a sore subject it's by far my weakest realm for synergy followed by XII so hearing people hype it has me interested. I never made holy since for a long time my 5+ judgement staff and diaga was good enough (it isn't for ult/+ though). Now I have a 5++ mind staff thanks to chasing Agrias' SSB with base 130 mind plus good mind weapons for basically every major realm so i suppose I could look into holy and go all in on offense.

I just had the most Falk.jpg daily ever

Battle 1: 3 magic pots, all dropped greater orbs

Battle 2: 2x normal enemies that drop greens and a greater, 1 magic pot that drops a greater

Battle 3: 3x normal enemies, every round someone drops a greater last also drops a green

What kind of Falk luck do you need to have a set of battles where you get 3 magic pots and it be your worst set of fights?

Anustart

I just had the most Falk.jpg daily ever

Battle 1: 3 magic pots, all dropped greater orbs

Battle 2: 2x normal enemies that drop greens and a greater, 1 magic pot that drops a greater

Battle 3: 3x normal enemies, every round someone drops a greater last also drops a green

What kind of Falk luck do you need to have a set of battles where you get 3 magic pots and it be your worst set of fights?

I never get green drops, let alone like 5 in a bunch :(

Have Record Materia drop rates been abysmal for anyone else lately?

Usually I unlock these within a day or so through event or daily dungeons, but lately it's been MAYBE once a week (with a full party of potentials).

Falk

that puzzling face
I've gotten most of mine, and I haven't been spending every bit of stamina.

(dat Double Gysahl + XP daily tho)

Boo, I'm like eight or nine behind and I use all of my stamina.

Oh well, if that's where my lesser luck is going in the game, I'll take it.

Balphon

Will Gyshal Green Accessories ever return?

If you mean as a mechanic, I'm pretty sure they will.

If you mean the accessories themselves, also yes, though some of these specific ones (e.g. the XI/XIV ones) might not.

Do we have any free Attack / Magic 30 accessories coming soon from events? If not, I may do the same.

Sabin/Edgar and the Gilgamesh event have 30 ATK accessories. Braska's has a 30 MAG one.

If you mean as a mechanic, I'm pretty sure they will.

If you mean the accessories themselves, also yes, though some of these specific ones (e.g. the XI/XIV ones) might not.

Sabin/Edgar and the Gilgamesh event have 30 ATK accessories.

Oh well then I guess I'll just wait the 10 days

Falk

that puzzling face

We've barely had any XI and XIV events though, and Lord knows they're going to have to start digging into that just from the dearth of any other available content.

Balphon

We've barely had any XI and XIV events though, and Lord knows they're going to have to start digging into that just from the dearth of any other available content.

Yeah, they'll probably show up again at some point, it's just if I had to bet on the ones we'd have to wait the longest for it'd be those.

In any event the 5* XI and XIV accessories are both good so you should buy them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom