• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Decides to give Rude a go. Had to yolo it and unleash on rude from the get go. Managed the win with only cloud left alive.

Sure would like that mc2 from the next stage, but i dunno. How much tougher is the wall?

Balphon

Compared to Rude it'll probably do similar damage numbers but put out more AoE. It has higher defensive stats and HP, but if you can exploit its susceptibility to Slow and Sap you can probably do it.

Anustart

Compared to Rude it'll probably do similar damage numbers but put out more AoE. It has higher defensive stats and HP, but if you can exploit its susceptibility to Slow and Sap you can probably do it.

Got em. Again with only cloud left alive, with a sliver of HP. Luckily luneth slowed the wall with his dying breath. Was tense watching clouds atb meter fill up, with only a regular attack queued up.

B.K.

Man, bad luck on you. What's the drop rate for them anyways? I seem to get greens at least once every complete battle (90 Stamina).

Very bad luck. If I'm lucky, I may get one green drop every stamina bar. I've gone through over 200 stamina today and have had one green drop so far.

MrDaravon

As of just now I have EVERY single character in the game at level 65 or higher outside of the small handful of folks that are still stuck at 50 without MC1s (mostly cores and Gau/Shantotto IIRC) and Auron who is the only MC2 I'm still missing. I also have every single RM (except Auron's RM2 obviously). Also completely caught up on story dungeons again, and with being able to field actually high level teams for the dailies I can finally just auto-battle most/all days instead of having to have a mage Ruinga my leveling group through them. Absolutely glorious.

I also dropped ~80k greens on accessories, which also let me get rid of a ton of old +20 etc accessories which is great. A lot of people weren't recommending picking up the +30 stuff but I only had one ATK + 30 and two MAG +30s. Also didn't have any of some of the elemental resists at all so picked up virtually everything there. Feeling pretty good over here~

Only thing I'm behind on now outside of I guess getting everyone to 80 is the Nightmare Dungeons, still haven't don't most of those but I'll have to wait a bit for that to roll around again.

c-murph

Man...why didn't you guys tell me how good this was???

We did. You were just too busy watching Baseball and movies.

I also dropped ~80k greens on accessories, which also let me get rid of a ton of old +20 etc accessories which is great. A lot of people weren't recommending picking up the +30 stuff but I only had one ATK + 30 and two MAG +30s. Also didn't have any of some of the elemental resists at all so picked up virtually everything there. Feeling pretty good over here~

Only thing I'm behind on now outside of I guess getting everyone to 80 is the Nightmare Dungeons, still haven't don't most of those but I'll have to wait a bit for that to roll around again.

Why would it be a bad idea to buy the +30 stats? I mean, if you have the green to spare might as well go for it, right?

If combat effectiveness was completely equal, what would be your favorite party? Whether or not you want to account for role is up to you--it could just be your five favorite characters.

Mine:

Edgar
Terra
Drunk Cecil
Freya
Celes

As of just now I have EVERY single character in the game at level 65 or higher outside of the small handful of folks that are still stuck at 50 without MC1s (mostly cores and Gau/Shantotto IIRC) and Auron who is the only MC2 I'm still missing. I also have every single RM (except Auron's RM2 obviously). Also completely caught up on story dungeons again, and with being able to field actually high level teams for the dailies I can finally just auto-battle most/all days instead of having to have a mage Ruinga my leveling group through them. Absolutely glorious.

I'm taking the totes-cas approach here. I have a dozen or so at 80, most at 50, and if I want to get the RM2, I egg them to 65. My problem is that I'm rarely home on Sundays, so I always miss the Sundaily. Similarly, I have most of the good RMs collected. One of these weekends, maybe during the next Orbfest, I kinda-sorta want to level everyone to 50: I have a few stragglers there. I can probably just egg them...

Fully caught up on story dungeons and 80% of the way through the elites, at least, and I've done all of the Ultimates and the Nightmares have been easy for me.

I really want to clear out my inventory. I've mostly done that, but I still have some +20 accessories. Would love to get rid of them. Hell, I just wish there was a separate accessory box too. How did you make your keep/toss decision?

WarAdept

I really want to clear out my inventory. I've mostly done that, but I still have some +20 accessories. Would love to get rid of them. Hell, I just wish there was a separate accessory box too. How did you make your keep/toss decision?

No other way to do this properly other than basically making your endgame parties and equipping via synergy and seeing what you have too much of. 4* accessories that give +STR/MAG? I already have 4 of each at 5*, so there's no reason for me to keep any of these for a slight +3 boost over the non synergy 5* accessories.

Same with every single piece of weapon and armour. Realistically think what you actually would use. It's nice to go "Oh this Thrown 3** weapon would be cool for Refia in the III realms", when really just using any 5* fist will do the job".

EDIT: FFXII Remaster announced for PS4! And it's the Zodiac version! Praise the Leading Man and his playboy bunny!

c-murph

EDIT: FFXII Remaster announced for PS4! And it's the Zodiac version! Praise the Leading Man and his playboy bunny!

That's the only mainline version (XI doesn't count) I never had a chance to play through and master. Glad I have the opportunity to do so now.

I think we already did this before, but I feel like doing it again. What does the first page of your inventory look like when sorted by oldest?

pcGCpgT.png

Yes, I have a lot of items because I keep one of everything, including 1* items. Some things got bumped due to combining, but Dark Sword was definitely the first 5 Mythril I ever spent. I started in week two during the first Cecil event. I bought a $30 gem pack in a fit of foolish rage which equates to an 11-pull and an extra 100 gem pull I think, but that's it so far and hopefully ever if I can keep a reasonable head. I have 77 5* or better items, 24 of which are uniques and three of which are red-caliber (no blues). Last time I counted I was at a pull rate of 14%, which is a little ahead of the current rate but a fair amount above what it used to be, but I calculated that before I went on a disastrous bad luck streak during the whole anniversary season (0/55 Lucky Draw, 1/66 SSB fest, and am like 6/88 or so since then). I did get gifted 100 Mythril for the anniversary lotto, so I have another 22 pulls that most wouldn't

From the small sample size of people I've talked to, a 2:1 ratio of generics/shared to uniques seems normal. Out of two other near-day-one players I talk to, one of them has 25 uniques and has never spent money (very close to my numbers so I expect most veterans are in the 20-25 range), while the other has 52 and spends it all of the time.

Kyari

I've had two 5* character relics in a row from 100 gem pulls so I don't feel my chances of a XIII piece are very high lol

ultra7k

Serah and Lightning event, have 165 mythril saved up, plus 100 gem pull. Going all in for Overture.

I got lucky on the last FFIII 100 gem pull and got the Lust Dagger as well as one of Zidane's Swords (Exploda?) on the FFIX 100 gem draw.

Have a feeling I won't be so lucky tonight, but we'll see.

What do you guys think is a better strategy for pulling lol?

100 gem
3 draw
3x11 pull? I figure this way if I get Overture in the first 4 item draws then I can stop. Or, do you figure it's better to go...

100 gem
3x11
3 draw?

Serah and Lightning event, have 165 mythril saved up, plus 100 gem pull. Going all in for Overture.

Hope you won't regret it with the fest coming soon.

I'll stick with the 100 gems for both banners. Might go x3 for the Braska draw but I'd really like to do at least the lucky draw and a single draw for the fest (looking at you SG... and any BSB really). Currently sitting at 51. Shouldn't be viable to reach 125 in total by end of the month I don't think.

c-murph

Meh, Silver Bangle with my 100 Gem pull. I already had three augmented together for a 6*.

I'm okay with the shitty luck. It'll just make the Fest pulls more glorious.

WarAdept

Do I get XIII synergy or hold my mythril for the Fest and continue to rely on the Fucking Pumpkin?

I'm always of the opinion that if you can do current content, save your mithril for your favorites/celebration banners.

Otherwise pull to your hearts content!

As for the Pumpkin, I just realized my Thieves (Locke/Zidane) will be able to use it. At least my Thief's Revenger is okay for this event. Now if only I can pull something for my Saint Crosser (unless there's a Knight that can use the NY Gun).

Brandson

Decided to blow some mythril for Lightning's BSB sword because I had next to no XIII synergy, XIII swords are somewhat rare, and Lightning's BSB is not bad. Ended up getting it after using more mythril than I'd like, but ultimately I think it's more useful to me given what I already have than anything else I'd get from the fest, except for maybe Cecil's BSB. Now to decide on whether to pull for that during the fest or wait for the IV banner.

Does Lightning ever get rank 5 spellblade from either balance changes or record dive?

Tidd

Did a 15 mythril pull and got too excited when I saw the rainbow orb. Got the awesome off-banner SOLDIER Sword. .__.

Kenai

Got Fang's spear. Forgot I even had her at 50. She gets a MC2 in this event and I guess Leeching Leap/Lifesiphon is ok? Not sure I want to use the orbs to hone Sky Grinder

Balphon

Got Fang's spear. Forgot I even had her at 50. She gets a MC2 in this event and I guess Leeching Leap/Lifesiphon is ok? Not sure I want to use the orbs to hone Sky Grinder

Sure, and there are some good Dragoon abilities coming up in the Rydia event.

Balphon

The Rydia event Dragoon abilities are these:

Blood of the Dragon (4*): 1-hit (single target), 2.20x damage, next 2 jump attacks have no air time
Dragonfire Dive (5*): 2-hit (single target), 2.35x damage each, jump attack

Blood of the Dragon basically gets around the biggest weakness of DRG skills (air time), so it's very helpful if you want to use them on the regular.

I've always felt like the air time is critical to the identity of dragoons and that getting rid of it is a bad idea, at least via a spammable ability. Instead, jump commands should've always been instant cast, with the air time being the only delay. It would make nuke avoidance more reactive and satisfying.

WarAdept

The Rydia event Dragoon abilities are these:

Blood of the Dragon (4*): 1-hit (single target), 2.20x damage, next 2 jump attacks have no air time
Dragonfire Dive (5*): 2-hit (single target), 2.35x damage each, jump attack

Blood of the Dragon basically gets around the biggest weakness of DRG skills (air time), so it's very helpful if you want to use them on the regular.

I'd love to invest in Dragonfire Dive but Lances are the only weapon type I haven't gotten at least a generic 5* for.

Here's to hoping I get Kain's SSB.

Dragner

Reading reddit and people investing hundreds of dollars on Lightning Burst...for me is obvious that is going to be on fest and even if not I wont pull on such bad banner.

WarAdept

Reading reddit and people investing hundreds of dollars on Lightning Burst...for me is obvious that is going to be on fest and even if not I wont pull on such bad banner.

I won't judge. While I don't spend money on the game apart from the spare change I get from Google Rewards, I did succumb to a crazy fervor when it came to the infamous Platinum Sword, burning up 300+ mithril in the process.

Lightning however is a horrible character.

The things I could do with that much expendable income...

The exact same words that occured to me. I mean, if I won the Eurojackpot (around 15 or more mil $ for those unaware) I might consider it but anything else? Ehhh...

Tempted a bit to pull but after getting a 3* in the 100 gems I'd rather spend some mythril expanding my inventory. Rarely if ever do that.

Dragner

Ive spent a good amount on this game. A couple of hundreds in total. I dont spend anymore after Tactics fiasco (even pulling platinum sword), now I enjoy the game more. Have to plan wisely how to use my mythril.

Kain

I've spent in total some 150 bucks (euros) too, I consider it fair payment after all the hours of entertainment this game has given me, but I'm not planning on spending more this year at least. Hoarding mythril for the fests will do. Currently sitting on 200 and I hope to get at least 25 more for the BSSB fest xD

WarAdept

Got around to the Cait Sith event. I should've read up on the U+. Thought I was going to fight all four at once, so I brought Multi Break and characters that I have AoE soul breaks for.

I managed to clear it, but it ended up with everyone auto attacking the last 15% or so, ran out of juice at the end. I was too stubborn to exit and switch out my abilities/characters for single target damage.

ucUBwTe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom