• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Is Lightning's BSB not going to be in orbfest? I mean I get the whale mentality, but you figure they would have just waited a couple of weeks?

Is Lightning's BSB not going to be in orbfest? I mean I get the whale mentality, but you figure they would have just waited a couple of weeks?

That's the thing. We don't know what we're getting on the fest. The Japanese item list is semi-reliable as far as aproximation goes but as far as I'm aware there have always been diferences between the two in similar events.

BumRush

What things do you pay for in this game? I'm trying to avoid buying anything but I haven't even SEEN anything you can buy (been playing for 5 hours). Please tell me I haven't already racked up $$$$$$$$.

What things do you pay for in this game? I'm trying to avoid buying anything but I haven't even SEEN anything you can buy (been playing for 5 hours). Please tell me I haven't already racked up $$$$$$$$.

You buy Gems which you can use towards Relic pulls, expanding inventory, or refilling stamina instead of Mythril

You don't get an option to buy unless you're lacking gems when you click on the Orange button to use Gems for something

I didn't want to completely decimate my mythril so I did 2 3x pulls. First was nothing but trash.

Second contained lightning's burst... So that means I have her SSB and her BSB. Any reason other than lightning weakness would I use her SSB move? I do have the FFT Kaiser shield if that makes any difference.

Native shout & Medica So I almost always RM wall (I'll even load dummy RMs for 2 stam for refresh to get a wall if need be)

Dahaka (+++) was such a joke. The previous one gave me much more trouble. Having Yuffie around for dances changed my team so much for the better, I seriously underestimated dancer abilities. Took the Magic/Defence Breakdown dances, had Yuna keep up Shellga all day long with Fang and Kuja doing most of the damage. (happy she got her MCII finally, had Glaive since forever)

Mastered it with one omition - the haste remove condition. I figured taking Tempo Flurry would do it but it didn't register as a success. I gather I needed Banishing Strike which no one in this setup could have. Didn't end up screwing me over, luckily.

Never once tried an Ultimate or Ultimate+. Might do it now, even though XIII synergy isn't my strong point.

Anustart

Up to 150 mythril again after I zerod myself out on the ff 9 that I shouldn't have pulled on.

That itch to spend it is returning. Luckily I hate ff 13, but ff 6 and 10 on the other hand.... stay strong dammit!

Dragner

Never once tried an Ultimate or Ultimate+. Might do it now, even though XIII synergy isn't my strong point.

Do it, even if you fail its a good experience the first time. And dont hesitate to spend some mythril if you see you are a bit short. The accessorys and orbs are worth it.

Up to 150 mythril again after I zerod myself out on the ff 9 that I shouldn't have pulled on.

That itch to spend it is returning. Luckily I hate ff 13, but ff 6 and 10 on the other hand.... stay strong dammit!

You had zero after the most recent ff9 event and have 150 now? How is that even possible???? Did you not have a lot of dungeons complete?

c-murph

Whoa. With all the free Mythril I jumped up to 204 total. That's like 4 pulls on the Tyro Fest Banner!

We still have another 25 Mythril Lucky banner before the fest, right? So, I need to try an get to 275 so I can have at least 5 pulls. I still have a bunch of expert stages to beat... 150 Stamina, so I should have quite a few mythril there to farm for.

Kaiterra

Banned
Holy crap Carry Armor is testing me. That boost it gets after two turns is total garbage. I get every possible layer of mitigation up that I can and then it just gets a power increase that nullifies them.

EDIT: lol when I said YOLO and just focused on bursting the arms down I was actually able to beat it.

B.K.

I somehow broke the game last night.

36ADx3A.jpg

F49OHZo.jpg

qkEX7s6.jpg

Plaguefox

I somehow broke the game last night.
That's what, the UI equivalent of Z̡ͯ̊̌ͬ̈̇̊͒̅̈͂ͪͯ́̅̆ͫͩ͢͜҉̠̹̖͔͉̻̳̮̦̙̜̞a̝̣̤̮͙͙̭̱̙̱̺̗ͪͦ̍ͮ̈́̄͗ͨ̀̀ļ̔ͤ̎̇ͮͮ̐ͩ͒͗ͦ̐̕̕͝͏̬̖̘̼͙̫̘̹͍̺ͅg̢͔͚͕̩͕̦̯͚͕͚̖̪͙̦̮̥̎̿̾̄̀́ö͕͚͎̮͚̙̘̬̝̩̟͛͊ͮͯ͛̎ͤ̕͝͡͝?

Kain

Mmmm new event in JP is Kain's it seems. A BSB for him and Rydia (Rydia's is earth, ugh), PCecil's old BSB, Edward's BSB (apparently is a Shout level Boostga) and Palom's SSB seems very cool: 8 AOE Holy/Fire/Lightning, MAG/RES down. And another bad Tellah SSB, of course.

Does Edward have any hope after all?

hmmm what accessories to grab from the chocobo...

The II bracer thing is good, it has three common resistances in exchange for one rare weakness.

Dragner

Edward stats are almost core level of bad. But his SBs are all from good to very good. His first SB is a bit outadated but hastemarch both SSBs and his burst are all good.

Serah's one of my favorite characters but I should really keep hoarding my mythril until the banner festival...I have enough to do one pull on every banner, but I really want to pull on the second FF13 banner for this event.

Kaiterra

Banned
Pulled on the Overture banner even though I don't really need it and got an FF9 Diamond Sword for my trouble, something I actually can use more, but was still a bit disappointed because it's just not as shiny heh.

The only thing I'm hoping for rhe fest draws is SG and Platinum Sword on a single banner. Have two great medicas already but I need the rest of the trinity badly.

That is if luck doesn't grace me with an SG on the Licky Draw. I'll also be endlessly debating with myself if I should be using mythril for orb refreshes instead of draws. My *5 ability list is barren.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Hmm I really want to pull on this banner because I don't have much for XIII gear (except for Hope) but I also want to hoard my mythril until the next fest. We'll see how long my willpower can hold out.

bonus BONUS bonus.

Speaking of broken things the official strategy guide is drunk again:

Either that or we know why Gau was left without an MC for so long.

Obviously Gau and Cyan are outright wrong, but so is Zack. Nobody is in the Drunk Cecil tier except Drunk Cecil. Zack should be 173 like all of the other fighters.

Dragner

Kain burst is absurd. 4 hits AOE + enthunder
Attack command: 2 ranged lightning hits no air time next 2 turns.
Defend command: 2 ranged lightning hits and restore 1 ability use.

Its gonna hit like a truck combining his first commamd with dragonfire dive or lightning jump to hit weakness.

Negator

Kain burst is absurd. 4 hits AOE + enthunder
Attack command: 2 ranged lightning hits no air time next 2 turns.
Defend command: 2 ranged lightning hits and restore 1 ability use.

Its gonna hit like a truck combining his first commamd with dragonfire dive or lightning jump to hit weakness.

Kaiser Shield stays winning. Might pull on a BSSB banner with that thing in it.

Dragner

Kaiser Shield stays winning. Might pull on a BSSB banner with that thing in it.

Yeah and the weapon itself has lightning dmg+ so with kaiser shield and enthunder is +90%.

Also they released a new 5* dragoon skill with this event that is 4 lightning hits.

MiTYH

Sorry for the random question -- just started recently, team around level 35

I have two souls of hero -- who's the best to grab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom