• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of hotmail about a week ago the spam filter kind of broke.

Ah yes FFRK...maybe I should start reading medal conditions:
NeEsILJl.png
Thanks to some nice XIII RS, turn 1 tempo flurry slowing it (which I only bought because I saw most its form are vulnerable to slow) and lots of interrupts it got destroyed real fast. It managed to do the following actions: Attack, Fire, Bone-chilling Breaker. Yeah, it didn't manage to get up from stagger. It made me think of this.

Cyldman

Banned
Hey people, how is this game?
I am writing cause I can't even login at the moment, the loading takes forever? Not sure if i'ts a bug but I will check later.

I am playing FF exvidus right now and people kept talking about record keeper.
How bad the gacha system is? :p

Anustart

Why does fang suck so bad? I pulled on banner, got her spear, egged to 65, and luneth with tempo flurry does more damage then her 5 hit soul break :/ Beatrix does twice as much damage with rose of may

Edit: well, maybe if I had upgraded the spear past level 1.... lemme test again at 20

Why does fang suck so bad? I pulled on banner, got her spear, egged to 65, and luneth with tempo flurry does more damage then her 5 hit soul break :/ Beatrix does twice as much damage with rose of may

Edit: well, maybe if I had upgraded the spear past level 1.... lemme test again at 20

Her gran pulsar SB is okay but it's not spectacular the 5 star dragoon ability in conjunction with her SB makes her solid b tier for me.

MrDaravon

I actually just now pulled Fang's Partisan spear from the 100-gem pull (my first in a good while), not sure if that's the one you guys are talking about, is this one any good? I've got Fang at 65 but have never used her.

Also after using shitty/slow android emulators finally got myself a decent Android phone tonight running Android 6.0 and it's a million times faster now holy shit lol.

Balphon

Other than you have no healing, Magic Breakdown is better than Power for these fights.

In other news, it's nice to see that Caius is just as big a jackass as I remember.

Jeeeeeeez wtf at this Ultimate +. I Mastered it somehow with only two medals lost. One medal lost in damage and one medal lost in characters KO'd even though there were only two standing at the end.

Did it with the following team, which is the same I used for the Chaos Bahumut as well with no probs. (put slowga on Yshtola for that fight though)

13423782_10154918950083989_3565118514675039022_n.jpg

Lacking in much ff13 defense, I had to save load about 10 times before this horrible rng fest lead the boss to miss one of his attacks at the start. I dont know how I wouldve accomplished this fight without Zacks air strike and Beatrixs Seiken Shock giving me breathing room once in awhile. After all the S/L and getting my mitigation in place, I just charged SB bars with Life syphons and once this boss hit around 60%hp I just started laying into him.

ZangBa

Everything was going well on the U+ until Caius unloaded AoE attacks back to back in his weak phase so fast that I couldn't react.

Anustart

Did a 100 gem pull on the new banner. Got wyrmfang for Vanille. Is anything that heals the whole party what you gents call medica? If so, that's my first. Also gives protect which is nice bonus.

Balphon

Did a 100 gem pull on the new banner. Got wyrmfang for Vanille. Is anything that heals the whole party what you gents call medica? If so, that's my first. Also gives protect which is nice bonus.

Yeah, basically. Medica is what the AoE heal in FFXIV is called so I imagine it's drawn from there. Vanille's non-SSB one is pretty good.

Anustart

Beat the 120 difficulty 13 boss. Took a couple s/l to do it. Would have had it the first attempt, but I used sentinel right as he got staggered, wasting it. Had him down to very little HP before I Keeled over.

Also, would have gotten champion, but forgot to lower his magic, and apparently, slowing him doesnt count as removing haste :/

My mastery parties for Bahamut and Caius:

Bahamut took two tries because my first group had trouble getting out of the gate. There was a good chance he'd knock down a front-liner for up to 6.8k right at the start, so I put everybody in the back row. I wanted a better RW but that was the only group cure in my queue and I'm too lazy to reshuffle. If back row didn't work, my next plan was to bring Rosa's group Cura/Raise instead of Y'shtola, and just use a wall RW.

Got pretty lucky against Caius and achieved full medals. His random spells hit Drunk Cecil and Basch a lot, so I was able to activate my boostga afterburners a lot earlier than I had expected, such that no speed medals were lost. Additionally, Dismissal activated like 6-out-of-8 times, which drastically cut down the number of actions Caius had, and thus avoided a lot of potential damage.

Caius Mastered. My FFXIII synergy is pretty lacking, so I did a single pull on the second banner and got Serah's SSB bow. The only physical SSB I have is P. Cecil's, so I gave him the bow, and even though it's slanted towards magic, it really made the difference.

He is definitely a pretty brutal boss. It still took probably 7 or 8 S/Ls even after I got the bow to take him down.

Falk

that puzzling face
This U was the first in a long time that handed me my ass. 1.5k AOEs through wall/MBD/FB, heh.

Should have brought Shellga instead of Protectga - thought dividing it between Magic Breakdown and Protectga would have mitigated everything sufficiently.

First time he decided to Dragon Claw twice in a row before half he dropped dead, no medals lost.

edit: It also reminded me that my synergy for XIII is absolute garbo, and considering 1) there's a lot of XIII left 2) XIII-2 is also likely going to be a thing, I impulse pulled (RIP BSSBfest pull)

apSV9xCl.jpg

Holy shit!

YUziiVTl.jpg

Nothing super gamebreaking, but a lot of needed synergy.

Will do Caius after Sunday XP.

Falk

that puzzling face
I hate you for making me egg 3 people right to 80 to try Caius. I want my major eggs back.

IDK how this would have even worked without that pull for the defense stat boost. 2nd attempt, maybe some savescumming shenanigans would have RNG'd good abilities past 60% but holy hell he hits fast.

wPQ2LObl.png

Hopefully that gem deficit doesn't impact me -too- much during BSBfest, heh.

ZangBa

Managed Caius pretty easily by my 4th attempt. Tough boss, my relics really carried me here. I brought FB, MBD, PBD, Protectga/Shellga and a Wall RW. AND I have Agrias' SB for 50% ATK/MAG. Some of his attacks still broke 1k with all of that. His weak phase speed is ridiculous, it would be a nightmare without all the mitigation I stacked.

Bahamut is handing me my ass. Granted, I don't have a full lv80 party but what the hell is up with that AoE attack.

After testing with Fang (68, full synergy equip), Kuja (68), Auron 80 (drawtaliate is useless), Yuna (80, Shellga, Curaga, HoTF) and Yuffie (69) Breakdown Dances, I switched Auron with Vanille (65 with Oerba's Boon, Protectga, Curaja). Even having two very decent healers both with Medica didn't help me one bit. If I put Shout Fang and Yuffie can hit great but if I put Wall RW I hit for peanuts.

I'd test it more but 60 stamina is way too big of a price when I have mythril to collect. Completely doable if it doesn't spam AoE but that would have to mean RNG cooperating. Thinking about switching Kuja with Zack (68, has Rush assault) and maybe Agrias (65, no SB) instead of Vanille to go for full Shouting goodness. Also should have put my 2 fire mitigation accs to use, dropped the ball there.

Kain

Mastered Bahamut with this setup
and some S/L

syo9dza.jpg

Agrias' SSB was a godsend, as were the interrupts. Ramza is really top tier. Zidane didn't need healing with TR and Zack was doing pretty good damage with the only synergy weapon I have.

btw that's all the synergy I have, so I'm not going to bother with Caius.

Awaiting for VI now.

Mastered Bahamut with this setup
and some S/L

syo9dza.jpg

Agrias' SSB was a godsend, as were the interrupts. Ramza is really top tier. Zidane didn't need healing with TR and Zack was doing pretty good damage with the only synergy weapon I have.

btw that's all the synergy I have, so I'm not going to bother with Caius.

Awaiting for VI now.

You mean Beatrix?

Took down bahamut with:
ramza (shout, full break lifesiphon)
Beatrix (SSB, banishing strike, shellga)
Lightning (BSB, SSB, tempo flurry lifesiphon)
Yuna (hymn of the faith, Maduin, curaja)
Snow (SSB, double cut, banishing strike)

Took a ton of s/l to get him not to use that damn single hit kill before mitigation is up, I got lucky a couple of times before the one where I got mastery (haste-dragon claw most of the time but the time I mastered he missed his single hit kill).

Such a pain, not a lot of defensive synergy so I might not try caius.

ZangBa

I think you'd be running well into the debuff softcap at that point.

I read that for resistant bosses, it's difficult to hit the soft cap and still worth it. I mean, it's just typical debuffs + Agrias' SB. I can say for sure it reduces damage by a lot for other bosses, very noticeably.

I'm usually quite hesitant on starting ultimates and do them about a day before the event end but changed my mind here...

Dr.Mog's advice for Chaos Bahamut should just say the following; If you don't have SG don't waste your time. I totally underestimated Umbral Vise (it OHKOs all but one party member without mitigation...make that all but two with) and it being NAT I can't manipulate its target. I wouldn't mind if it didn't cost 60 stamina to find that out. I've not been this annoyed since that Pyramid spamming Reno a while back.

Complaining on GAF got me an opening...turns out with moderate fire resist accessories you still take too much damage from inferno because I can't up shellga and magic breakdown up on top of magic shield in time and honestly the only time I've had nobody die from the first inferno is when Umbral Vise missed (forget having a chance to cure the Umbral Vise damage). Are all future ultimates going to be overtuned to this ridiculous level?

Maybe I'm over reacting a bit because of my strategy having some flaws but I don't see this one being anything but a struggle at the start.

But seriously, this have native wall or native Shout meta is really getting on my nerves now as it feels like the situations where I need both (rather than wing it with one) are only going to increase. Especially as I'm missing BSSBfest and possibly the support nightmare so having another chance to get these dominating relics is going to have to wait about 4 months.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, you pretty much need 2 of the trinity natively now.

edit: It does lighten up a little with the advent of Cid missions though, since those are tuned to be beatable with very specific lineups where having 2/3 trinity and then RW'ing the third is a luxury, and then everything prior to U+ similarly gets tuned a little easier.

Chaos Bahamut and Caius are definitely up there on the difficulty scale.

LucaMac

Yea. There's a reason Caius appeared in the Revenge Dungeon recently.

Just beat Caius. I kept losing more than one character at the very end and kept s/ling. Decided to see it through with two kos and I mastered it with one medal lost for damage and one for ko? I spent so long starting it over for nothing it seems. Annoyed now. Especially on 1 stamina fights it seem its silly not to finish through even of mastering seems unlikely.

Chaos Bahamut (no medals lost) and Caius (2 for damage, 1 for actions) were pretty straightforward for me. I nearly took Caius down on the first try, but lost when he had 5% HP left. Second go was easier.

Party was (and pretty much always is): Tyro, Locke, Ramza, Yuna, Squall. Obviously, having native Trinity (SG, HotF, Shout) means I "should" win all of these fights, but I was still using the New Year's Gun and the Pumpkin. It's getting a little boring using the same strategy: pop SG and Shout, Lifesiphon and then toss SSBs, have Ramza alternate Breakdowns and Tyro use Full Break and whatever extra ability's needed (Banishing Strike), while Yuna either heals or damages with Diaga and launches Medicas towards the end.

I would not mind additional variety at some point, and I'm looking forward to the Cid missions.

I think you'd be running well into the debuff softcap at that point.

As far as I know the atk/mag debuf cap is at 35%, so with a break resistant boss, FB + MBD + Cleansing Strike which would normally be under the soft cap (0.7 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.175) would instead end up a decent amount above it (0.85 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 0.478). I run this combo in pretty much every U/U+ now.

Falk

that puzzling face
HUH. All this time I'd actually been assuming that it calculated softcap first and then reduced effectiveness by half. That makes stacking pretty effective still on meaningful content!

I may be wrong, but I've seen others use similar math on reddit (e.g. this post), and from experience I definitely notice a difference when using Cleansing Strike. I might test it later when I get around to doing the U+ to be sure.

c-murph

As far as I know the atk/mag debuf cap is at 35%, so with a break resistant boss, FB + MBD + Cleansing Strike which would normally be under the soft cap (0.7 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.175) would instead end up a decent amount above it (0.85 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 0.478). I run this combo in pretty much every U/U+ now.

What's MBD? I've been using FB and Cleansing Strike in Ultimates. Seem to work fairly well.

Falk

that puzzling face
I may be wrong, but I've seen others use similar math on reddit (e.g. this post), and from experience I definitely notice a difference when using Cleansing Strike. I might test it later when I get around to doing the U+ to be sure.

To clarify, my assumption is likely in error.

What's MBD? I've been using FB and Cleansing Strike in Ultimates. Seem to work fairly well.

Magic Breakdown.

edit: I have no idea how I clicked the quote button, and replied with "MBD" as well. Brainfart, not intentional troll. My bad.

Ah, Thanks.

So the 4* Breakdowns stack with the 5* breakdown then?

Yup. And they also stack with things like Cleansing Strike too. (They provide different effects: one is -ATK, the other is -ATK/DEF/MAG/RES, and the other is -ATK/DEF. The general rule is "like buffs don't stack, unlike buffs do.")

ZangBa

Yeah, take that, Falk!

How bad is it that Wyrmfang is my 4th most powerful physical weapon for FFXIII realms? Had Fran beating Caius with that stick, lol.

Mastering Caius U+ after a bunch of changes made me realize how much I need a Mid to High Medica with Regen or Shout or a good ATK/MAG down SSB like Cleansing Strike. Any of the 3 would have made the fight way less frustrating than it needed to be. Haven't hated a fight this much in a long time, lots of bullshit RNG.

On another note, Magic Pot dropping a 3* egg on a Double Greens day just shows why it sucks to always have those during the weekend. Pots can't even drop greens and those can't even drop the *cough* equivalent of a Major Orb. In other words, fuck Sunday's Pots.

Yeah, you pretty much need 2 of the trinity natively now.
Wait a sec...I have flames of war so I kind of do (especially with a 6* Peacemaker and 7* Blazefire saber). Still 2 white mages (assuming I bring a proper medica and not just celebration grimoire) might make offense too bad due to being down to 2 attackers and support. In terms of party Lightning and Tyro are in (tyro using pumpkin as support, lightning for SSB) but then there is the matter of zack vs basch for me. The former has air strike but the latter has apocolypse shield and knight abilities. Looks a bit more possible now.

Falk

that puzzling face
Knight and Dark really, really wrecks face at the moment. Hands-free 15k-20k per turn sustained assuming you honed Saint/Dark Cross.

Been also toying around with Thief's Revenge and double thief trigger RM but it's even more unreliable than Blood of Espers doubling up BLM, even if it keeps the thief from dying forever.

Knight specifically for Caius brings the added advantage of sticking Banishing Strike in the other slot to dispel his regen/haste/damage buffs.

Knight and Dark really, really wrecks face at the moment. Hands-free 15k-20k per turn sustained assuming you honed Saint/Dark Cross.

Drunk Cecil with Dark Bargain and Sanguine Cross is my best DPS at the moment. When fully buffed, due to diminishing returns on ATK, he's doing more damage when equipped with Dark Sword than a synergized weapon. I can't bring him to everything because not every fight allows a character slot dedicated to raw damage, but I bring him most of the time. Conveniently, because I have Cecil's Shadowblade and two Hastega soulbreaks, it allows me to run a different RW than Shout (the 35% bonus is still plenty when stacked with Basch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom