• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

I had to S/L like 10+ times Chaos Bahamut. OHKO'd me any time he didnt haste and everytime he hasted and my bars were not great. Lightning was in the backrow with peace maker but he didnt target her once.

After that he was easy. Inferno hurted but my damage was too high. Also Dreamstage MVP I hope all of you whale on Adult Rydia banner 1. This medica is gamechanging. In the end 0 medals lost.

Caius was hard but having native quadthing made it bearable. I S/L'd 3 times but once I had all my mitigation up (shellga,protectga,magic breakdown,power breakdown,full break,wall,trueblade of legend and heavy regen,yeah...thats a lot of mitigation) it was easy cake. Still you have to be carefull of renewing all your stuff before he enters weak phase. You dont have time after that. Dreamstage MVP again. Lost 1 medal here.

Anustart

Got Vanille up to 50, onwards to 65!

Beatrix about to hit 80 with cloud not far behind. Fang on the way up as well.

Getting a decent together, just need good breaks for some characters.

greyshark

Had Sazh's SSB so I tried a Mage meta party for Caius - without burst SSB damage at the end I couldn't take him out fast enough. Switched to a shout party and took him down relatively painlessly - 1 medal lost for damage and one medal lost for KO.

I felt like I was close with the Mage setup - the first half of the fight was a breeze with my mage's higher RES, just need to increase DPS.

Balphon

Mastering Caius U+ after a bunch of changes made me realize how much I need a Mid to High Medica with Regen or Shout or a good ATK/MAG down SSB like Cleansing Strike. Any of the 3 would have made the fight way less frustrating than it needed to be. Haven't hated a fight this much in a long time, lots of bullshit RNG.

Caius would've just removed it every time he used Body & Soul.

I keep reading things like this on Reddit:

"If you always do an action with your healer or wall caster on the turn they are up, there's a 100% chance you will have enough SB gauge for wall to be recast. This is with Mako Might Equipped and no other SB manipulating shenanigans like Entrust".

This is often not the case for me. I am hasted and I take actions ASAP at Speed 1. Often I get hit once with Wall down as I am about to recast it or as the recast goes. Is it also dependant of being hit a few times? If not then I really don't get it...

Falk

that puzzling face
It's dependent on being hit a few times. That's why AOE moves on bosses actually help reduce the RNG element involved here, and consequently why AOE heals are part of the trinity.

Balphon

Having two guns really did wonders for Caius fight, I stick Lightning and Sazh in the back-row for reduced physical damage.

Basically the only moves he has that are physical and not LR are Launch and Blitz. He's surprisingly mostly magic damage.

I know but for the time it was on or reapplied would have helped. Something like Dreamstage would have really been the thing making this less of a headache.

Yeah, though you'd have to time it make sure you didn't use it right before one of the guaranteed Body & Soul casts.

It's dependent on being hit a few times. That's why AOE moves on bosses actually help reduce the RNG element involved here, and consequently why AOE heals are part of the trinity.

That's what I thought, I cheer when I get hit by AoE. I get mad when a boss misses Tyro. He had the pumpkin against Caius, didn't think about it and Caius missed single attacks against Tyro often enough to make me angry! :)

B.K.

I have the worst luck with Greens. I've spent probably close to 700 Stamina so far this weekend and I've only had two drops in battle.

c-murph

I have the worst luck with Greens. I've spent probably close to 700 Stamina so far this weekend and I've only had two drops in battle.

I just got 2200 and 4100 drops in the same 90 stamina... lol

So, how often do they do double Gysahl Greens? Once a month?

Edgar is my favorite FF6 character so I am very tempted to do an 11-pull, but the odds of actually getting Chainsaw aren't great and I don't really have much need for any of the other relics. FF6 is one of my strongest records, so I need to be disciplined and continue saving mythril for when it's important. I'm up to like 180 at the moment.

Kain

I'm about to clear all the elite dungeons, only five to go (classic are all done). I'm scared, brahs, what do I do now? The neverending daily story awaits?

In other news, 250 mythril saved for the fest. If the banners are similar to the ones in jp I won't pull on a couple and save for the remaining, so the odds of getting something I want are bigger. Who am I kidding lol

I'm about to clear all the elite dungeons, only five to go (classic are all done). I'm scared, brahs, what do I do now? The neverending daily story awaits?

I am currently nearing the final classic dungeons and have a decent amount of elites done too. But I'm kind of the opposite of you. I can't wait to clear the content to make my playing a lot more relaxed. Yeah, the mythril rates will be quite meh once I'm done but at least I can do dailies without worrying about missing on mythril/stamina shards and I'm seriously missing on orbs for high level stuff.

Kain

I am currently nearing the final classic dungeons and have a decent amount of elites done too. But I'm kind of the opposite of you. I can't wait to clear the content to make my playing a lot more relaxed. Yeah, the mythril rates will be quite meh once I'm done but at least I can do dailies without worrying about missing on mythril/stamina shards and I'm seriously missing on orbs for high level stuff.

I'm actually thinking this too, the biggest advantage being playing more relaxed and the biggest problem being the lack of Mythril. After the fest I was planning on hoarding Mythril until the Gilgamesh event, but I don't know if it will be enough :S

Man those ultimates. How many reloads from oneshots at the opening.

Nearly broke down to do a 50 pull, my xiii synergy is weird.
Lead weapons: pumpkin ball and vegas

Other xiii synergy I left on the bench: two old rods a hope throw weapon, celebration gun and a 4++ fist.

Caius is a beast, many a reload but just stuck with boring life siphon/shout strategy. Bartz Beatrix Ramza, tyro, yuna. Wash rinse repeat.

crpav

Edgar is my favorite FF6 character so I am very tempted to do an 11-pull, but the odds of actually getting Chainsaw aren't great and I don't really have much need for any of the other relics. FF6 is one of my strongest records, so I need to be disciplined and continue saving mythril for when it's important. I'm up to like 180 at the moment.

So I shouldn't talk about having over 1000 mythril? I am a hoarder who hoarded from the start and never used them, except a few item slots, since I started. I have used on several pulls recently on banners though.

Shell, wall, full break applied
Giga Graviton
Wait for action bar to fill, queue up both Hymn of the Faith and Clear Tranquil
Giga Graviton (while pressing buttons)
Clear Tranquil processes
Giga Graviton
HotF processes: damn that was close, now we're b...
Giga Graviton!
Giga Graviton!

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Shell, wall, full break applied
Giga Graviton
Wait for action bar to fill, queue up both Hymn of the Faith and Clear Tranquil
Giga Graviton (while pressing buttons)
Clear Tranquil processes
Giga Graviton
HotF processes: damn that was close, now we're b...
Giga Graviton!
Giga Graviton!

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Yep, I mean if you whale hard for FFXIII gear I dunno how you can possibly deal with back to back to back to back giga gravitons

WarAdept

What the fuck at Caius. I need to change my strat up a bit. I didn't expect him to have a speed stat equivalent to Sonic the Hedgehog.

Xetherion

Got a Sasuke for my 100 gem pull, but then got zero 5* on my 11 pull. Decided to do one more 11 pull because Sabin is one of my favorite characters and i still don't have a unique for him, and got one 5*, a Cat Ear Hood.

Sasuke and Hood were the 2 uniques i least wanted on this banner, but at least they weren't generics. I did still want them because Shadow is another character I like, and it's nice to have an auto-blind with Relm, especially since she is my main healer due to having her medica SSB.

Got Caius down to a sliver of health before getting Giga Gravitoned to death

Didn't help that he killed Squall around half health, and Shout ran out of steam. if I could get a heal off in time or he did something other than Giga Graviton there I think I could've beat him first try.

WarAdept

Did it! I'm not sure how people can do this particular U+ without at least 2 of the Trinity and some seriously good DPS.

All it took was swapping out P.Cecil for Agrias for Cleansing Strike. And that is what made Caius go from "Holy fuck, he's stabbing me faster than I can heal" to "This is super manageable", especially with my piss poor XIII synergy. Yes I'm using Airwing (Hope's first mage weapon) as a physical weapon for Tyro.

KQVzYjP.jpg

I may try again swapping out Agrias for another healer just so I'll have an extra medica or two during the later half of the fight I just dunno if Ramza, Auron, and Gilgamesh alone can rack up enough damage.

*3 star in the 100 gems. I don't really want anything in this banner so not really flustered. No real nostalgia factor in VI for me. I have a huge problem with FFs 3-6 where I started each one, got relatively far and then just stoppped. I've seen the beginning of VI up until the Ultros fight more times than I can remember, so much I am having trouble starting it again.

That said, I was semi-tempted because Chainsaw is a spear. I really want to go for a possible Dragoon meta once Adult Rydia banner rolls around and this could have fit right in. I'll have a harder time holding out on my man Auron next week but I probably will as Banishing Blade returns along with his BSB in a few months. I think that's a banner I'll go all as far as mythril is concerned.

Yuffie's Clear Tranquil was not an SB I was aiming for in the last SSB fest, but ever since I got it, Yuffie has ended up being on all my U/U+ teams since then with Caius being no exception. Having an auxiliary healer that can actually do damage+debuffs (i.e. not be a 2nd white mage) is very helpful.

Falk

that puzzling face
Question from a new player: After you get the Mastery bonus from these event stages, is there a reason to re-run them?

Not in the least. As a new player there's going to be an endless stream of paintings to blow through for Mythril for a while, and dailies that have far better orb or XP rates per stamina. First time reward/Mastery reward then scoot.

MiTYH

Not in the least. As a new player there's going to be an endless stream of paintings to blow through for Mythril for a while, and dailies that have far better orb or XP rates per stamina. First time reward/Mastery reward then scoot.

Cool, that's basically what I'm doing for as hard of a difficulty as I can do.

c-murph

Question from a new player: After you get the Mastery bonus from these event stages, is there a reason to re-run them?

Nope. Also, hoard Mythril for big events that occasionally happen. Unless you like spending real money or really want to try for a particular weapon on a banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom