• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
wu7sqnnl.png

TSujtZFl.jpg

WarAdept

Seriously debating honing Sanguine Cross to R3. Either that or Dark Zone, because these MDOs are just sitting there and I have Ebon Armour.

I'd like to use them to get Thief's Revenge to R4 but the MWiO cost is way too high, especially since there's 2 new skills just around the corner that is MWiO hungry as well (Full Charge/Faultsiphon).

Looks like the only other thing in the future that uses Dark is Chain Stonega.

I got Ebon Armor during the last Fest and then I got Kuja's Endark bracer recently. My plan is to take my Thief's Revenge from R2 to R3 first (I have Locke's SSB and Yuffie's Clear Tranquil) and then focus on getting Dark Zone to R3.

Sanguine Cross seems like it pumps out strong damage, but the health loss makes me not want to hone and use it.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I did two 11 pulls on banner one, as FFVI is my favorite game in the series and I'm really only playing this game for fun nostalgia value. For this banner, I was really hoping for either Edgar or Sabin's items.

I ended up getting three of Relm's Cat Hood in two 11x pulls. Of all characters, it had to be Relm... At least I get a decent SB and an amazing 7* stat hood, but that was really disheartening.

Ah well.

Yuffie's Clear Tranquil was not an SB I was aiming for in the last SSB fest, but ever since I got it, Yuffie has ended up being on all my U/U+ teams since then with Caius being no exception. Having an auxiliary healer that can actually do damage+debuffs (i.e. not be a 2nd white mage) is very helpful.

I too pulled this useful SB, but I just can't be bothered to hone ninja skills.

I've been wanting one of those instant cast heals for awhile. I often bring a Minwu roamer just because I like the safety of an instant-cast (nearly) full party heal. I was eyeballing Yuffie's headband as a quality consolation prize for SSB Festival banner 5, but went 0/22 on the banner instead.

ultra7k

Man, just cannot get Mastery on the Caius fight. He either just wrecks me at the end, or hits me a fraction of a second before i re-apply SS/SG.

Argh, perhaps the most frustrating ultimate i've fought yet.

greyshark

Considering doing an 11 pull on one of the 13 banners just to improve my offensive 13 synergy, any suggestions on the better banner?

Definitely Banner 1 - the BSB is by far the best relic, and Banner 2 has unusual weapon types (fist, bow, spear) that can't be used as often.

Man, just cannot get Mastery on the Caius fight. He either just wrecks me at the end, or hits me a fraction of a second before i re-apply SS/SG.

Argh, perhaps the most frustrating ultimate i've fought yet.

Did you try delaying your initial cast of SG? His first couple rounds aren't too bad.

ultra7k

Definitely Banner 1 - the BSB is by far the best relic, and Banner 2 has unusual weapon types (fist, bow, spear) that can't be used as often.

Did you try delaying your initial cast of SG? His first couple rounds aren't too bad.

Hmm I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

WarAdept

I have decided to hold off R3 Sanguine Cross. I don't think the -25% Max HP per use is an issue. The orbs it uses is. I don't have enough Earth to R3 both it and Full Charge, especially since the latter comes out next week or so.

I'm still eyeing up Dark Zone though, since the primary orbs are MDO and the secondary orbs I haven't used in a long time (Black/Non). There is the looming problem of the Chain -aga spells and Dragoon Jump though....

Argh decisions.

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like the problem with going all-in on Dark abilities is you'd better pray you get good uniques for Dark characters going forward.

4*s I don't mind splurging. 5*s are a giant drain and I'd better be damn sure I'm going to get mileage out of it. 6*, thanks to the whole Global-has-a-JP-shaped-Blueprint thingoo, there's going to be a very discrete 'best practice' like how Valefor/Meteor/Full Break(/Alexander) kinda was last year in a way that didn't fight for resources.

At least Knight/Monk/Thief/etc. have a far wider range of characters.

WarAdept

I feel like the problem with going all-in on Dark abilities is you'd better pray you get good uniques for Dark characters going forward.

4*s I don't mind splurging. 5*s are a giant drain and I'd better be damn sure I'm going to get mileage out of it. 6*, thanks to the whole Global-has-a-JP-shaped-Blueprint thingoo, there's going to be a very discrete 'best practice' like how Valefor/Meteor/Full Break(/Alexander) kinda was last year in a way that didn't fight for resources.

At least Knight/Monk/Thief/etc. have a far wider range of characters.

Yeah accessibility is a big factor in my considerations of 5* abilities. I'm definitely committed to Full Charge/Faultsiphon and later on Meteor Crush/Chain - aga. But I'm just looking at these Dark orbs and thinking "Well surely I can use these for something."

I don't mind not having the Darkness characters relics, because in my eyes, that's what the 5* abilities are for: not having crazy damage SSBs to rely on. Hell I only have 1 Lifesiphon and it's usually filler anyway when I can't think of anything else to put in that slot.

Anustart

Managed to master all the fights in ff6 event. A first! Never came close to mastering a 120 difficulty. Had to hone up some thundara strikes. Also, with luneth prey on the weak, when they say significantly increase damage when striking a weakness, they mean a couple hundred damage :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Managed to master all the fights in ff6 event. A first! Never came close to mastering a 120 difficulty. Had to hone up some thundara strikes. Also, with luneth prey on the weak, when they say significantly increase damage when striking a weakness, they mean a couple hundred damage :/

It's a 20% boost, multiplicatively stacking. The same as Tyro's Attunement 2, really, which is actually a little disappointing as a MC2 RM affecting only specific instances (vulnerabilities), and when other skills multiply everything by 20% with a certain weapon equipped (DCecil, Sephiroth, etc) or 30% with a certain skillset (Agrias, etc)

WarAdept

That Darkness 4* skill was a huge boon to Sephiroth. It's his permanent Slot 2 skill now.

Oh absolutely. Both Dark Bargain and Memento Mori are great 4* skills that help supplement whatever the other equipped skill is (Dark Bargain in particular since it stacks with everything else and can be comboed with other skills, unlike Dark Zone which demands Memento Mori in conjunction).

Can't wait for Meteor Crush so I can use Jecht with Dark Bargain + Meteor Crush fun times.

Also have both of his current relics, but outside of the stun proc from Jecht Rush, DB + MC will do higher DPS. Too bad all Monks have absolutely atrocious stat growths, Jecht especially.

c-murph

How do I beat Cid's Mission: Figaro in Danger ++...?

I brough Edgar, Sabin, Locke, Terra, and Ramza... Slaughtered the four tentacles and got full medal completion and everything but it didn't unlock.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, it's ambiguously worded.

Like the Special Missions some time ago asking you to use 3 FFVII characters or Yuffie solo, I guess they're trying to give a bonus for recreating the original game scenario.

Well now that all my money and mythril has been blown on a pair of lovely 5++ glaives I'm back to my original conundrum of who to field. Gilgamesh gets one but my only Lance users with unique sbs are Edgar and Fang. I suppose Edgar's added def buff might help if Caius stays mostly physical but who would I drop for him Auron or Agrias?

WarAdept

Well now that all my money and mythril has been blown on a pair of lovely 5++ glaives I'm back to my original conundrum of who to field. Gilgamesh gets one but my only Lance users with unique sbs are Edgar and Fang. I suppose Edgar's added def buff might help if Caius stays mostly physical but who would I drop for him Auron or Agrias?

Do you have a screenshot of your team/current relics? Maybe we can help you out. If you're insisting on using that second Glaive, Fang herself would probably work with just Lifesiphon and Drain Jump to alleviate healing stress. Her DPS won't be anything spectacular though, which is what this fight is about unfortunately.

Anustart

Went back and mastered the 120 difficulty 13 fight. Lost 3 medals, 2 for damage, 1 for actions.

Need more Rosetta stones! I thought those were accessories, but now I see I need all of them I can get.

Do you have a screenshot of your team/current relics? Maybe we can help you out. If you're insisting on using that second Glaive, Fang herself would probably work with just Lifesiphon and Drain Jump to alleviate healing stress. Her DPS won't be anything spectacular though, which is what this fight is about unfortunately.

I'd probably use Zidane with his SSB and the protect knife I have then since thief's raid could keep him healed.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think I've ever used a single Rosetta Stone. I have 38 of them.

Used all of mine on a Katana and Gun (Gilgamesh/Laguna SSBs respectively)

Considering additional stats on the regular suspects like swords and knives (more likely to have RS of a specific realm than guns and katana) are probably a waste in comparison with the stat-for-stat gain when considering the softcap, it's great having beefed up non-RS weapons that people can use for Cid missions when a screwy team lineup is required.

Kain

Mmmm, Sabin's SSB is the same as Beatrix but with physical instead of magical, for bosses magical blink is more practical, but is good anyway. Pity Monks are not very well regarded, but still, seems an interesting combo bringing those two to a fight.

Today I'm completing all the elite dungeons, only III's Leviathan (I heard it's very hard) and IV's four fiends left (which I haven't done yet because every one of them requires different stuff for the mastery and I've been lazy to create a dedicated team xD). And all the VI events fights mastered, they were very, very easy. I think I will be able to do the U+ without much trouble, but I don't want to sell the bear's skin yet xD

ultra7k

Take that Caius!

I can't remember another Ultimate giving me such grief, and I have really good XIII synergy. After getting Expert on him the last few tries, finally got mastery on him.

I figure the difficulty level was appropriate though, considering the memories I have of fighting him in XIII-2 and how hard he was in that game.

GET REKT! Completed and mastered my first ever Ultimate fight. And it irritated me to no goddamn end. Umbral Vise started the fight 8 TIMES IN A ROW. I changed my team a bit from last time, put 3 of my fire resistance accs to good use and hoped for the best. My hones are lacking and I'm missing 2/3 of Trinity and any really useful 5* abilities but I really, really wanted that win, if anything for a bit of a confidence boost (and hey, some ok major orbs). Used up 6 mythril in the process but I feel it was worth it. Gained 20% Health, 30% defence and one ability use. I weighed if I should use them at all but considering I can spend 5 mythril and get a 3* vs 6 mythril which gives me thrill and some assured good drops (and a 5* item) I'd say it was a good decision. Currently at 105 so it didn't hurt my saving plan at all.

Team:

qZytYpH.png

I just beat Chaos Bahamut. I have to thank Falk for casually mentioning needing to have 2/3 of the trinity which in turn sparked my memory that I actually have flames of war (in hindsight I can say what a lucky draw that was) which was the real turning point as it allowed me to bring SG as RW with confidence I could still do damage...especially when combined with apocalypse shield. Not sure how well that kind of set up would work in other realms (in XIII I have 7* Blazefire Saber and 6* Peacemaker).

Yes even this revised party needed S/L as Umbral Vise decided to target my only front row character before I had protectga and/or SG up. Given that was probably most peoples S/L situation I'm baffled the AI didn't lock Umbral Vise until turn 2.

ultra7k

For the upcoming Neo Bahamut fight, what is everyone's Summoner hones looking like?

Currently sitting at:
R4 - Mist Dragon (lol)
R5 - Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh
R3 - Maduin/Valefor/Kirin
R2 - Alexander/Carbuncle
R1 - Ultros/Fat Chocobo/Cactuar/Phoenix and others.

Debating whether I should go all in on R2/R3 Bahamut? Or is there another 5* Summon in the pipeline that we should be saving for?

R5 valefor/shiva/ifrit/ramuh
R3 Bahamut

I'm sitting on 26 major summons or so I could easily get leviathan or one of the others up to speed for the battle.

Has anyone tried mp yet? I haven't, are the rewards really just some gold and eggs?

Not even sure if I will pull on the SMN Lucky Draw, lots of crap in there... I was really hoping that Braska event would come before so his relics (+ Yuna new relic) would be part of the draw but it looks like it won't happen...

I'm going to pull.
I have the following relics in the pool:
Arc holy rod
Aeris guard stick
Yuna lullaby rod
Eiko hypnocown+
Hope hawkeye
Tyro cyclone, sentinel

Im looking for any of the ssbs and any damaging summons sbs. Would love a rydia whip or Mage sword or other exotic type other than another hope weapon.

WarAdept

Looking at the Nightmare Summons banner, I pretty much have all the gear I want from it apart from Arc's Elder Staff. I'll still likely pull though.

As for summon hones, I'm woefully inept right now. My stable consists of R3 Valefor and that's it. Looks like I'll be breaking down some Majors to make the *3 Summons.

I went all in on summons phases of orb festivals cause I lurve me some summons, too bad I've struck out completely on mag up relics and thus they ralrey see the battle field after the + battles.

Kenai

Wanted my husbando Sabin's SSB but got Chainsaw, Cards, Sasuke and 2 Cat Hoods. On a single pull (my second pull after a garbo first pull). Won't complain toooooo much.

That Chainsaw has Edgar put on a hockey mask and swing the actual chainsaw even during basic attacks so that obviously makes it god-tier. With 5 in Knight Combat and Machinist plus his Drill SB defense bonus for practical use he can go into a lot of my groups if I don't need a secondary WHMy Knight for Protect/Shell aka Agrias or Beatrix.

WarAdept

but got Chainsaw, Cards, Sasuke and 2 Cat Hoods

The secret sauce of this pull. Your Setzer has now become quite a support unit with this SB, as not only does he have decent equip options (Daggers, Swords, Thrown, Gambling Gear), this will allow him to triple mitigate with Full Break/Breakdown/Prismatic Flash.

Congrats man.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wouldn't you be running up against the softcap with that?

edit: nevermind we did have this discussion and i am going senile and can't remember things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom