• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

The secret sauce of this pull. Your Setzer has now become quite a support unit with this SB, as not only does he have decent equip options (Daggers, Swords, Thrown, Gambling Gear), this will allow him to triple mitigate with Full Break/Breakdown/Prismatic Flash.

Congrats man.

Wow I didn't know those stacked....wow. Thanks for letting me know.

WarAdept

Wow I didn't know those stacked....wow. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah it's a pretty significant adding that extra layer. As I said in my post with my killscreen of the recent Ultimate + Caius, a simple switch of characters from Pecil to Agrias so I could use Cleansing Strike made it from "Holy shit he's stabbing me faster than I can heal" to "This is easily manageable".

I'd love to get more of these SB's so I can rotate supports around. Right now I have Fran's Shatterheart and Agrias' Cleansing Strike. Would've love Setzers, but the banner is kinda balls.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Caius almost made me throw my phone out the window. My co-workers were asking if I was alright because I was cursing so loud, but I finally beat and mastered that turd. I had to spend a mythril to do so (thanks offense bonus) but it's worth it to help save on countless reloads and bucket loads of frustration.

How's this VI U+ supposed to be?

For the upcoming Neo Bahamut fight, what is everyone's Summoner hones looking like?

• Maduin R5
  • Quetzalcoatl R5
  • Valefor R4
  • Fat Chocobo R3 (I don't remember honing or using this?)
  • Alexander R2
  • Shiva R5
  • Ramuh R5
  • Ifrit R5

I might craft Leviathan, but I'll probably have to break some orbs depending on how many are awarded in the lead-up dungeons. I also have Carbuncle and the low-rarity summons but they aren't going to be used.

Kain

I don't think I can do the Nightmare fight, I didn't prepare nothing so I have Quetzal, Carbuncle, Valefor and Fat Chocobo R2, Ifrit and Shiva R3 and Bahamut and Phoenix R1. I don't even know why because I never, ever use summons. The good thing with these fights is that they are there for when you need them, so maybe possibly in the future. Maybe.

Is there any way we can cheese this fight with SBs? I have a ton of magical SBs lol

...I have Quetzal, Carbuncle, Valefor and Fat Chocobo R2, Ifrit and Shiva R3 and Bahamut and Phoenix R1. I don't even know why because I never, ever use summons.

Thinking the same, but I never honed a thing.
I only have R1 Shiva, Ultros and Yo'mamacobo. Outside this Nightmare event, is there any real benefit for the use of Summons that other skills can't give you? I mean, I used Ultros a few times in some really weak dungeons for fun and found him a bit fun but considering the necessary hones needed to make them useful (and it only gives a single use) I'm not sure if I should ever bother.

I only have R1 Shiva, Ultros and Yo'mamacobo. Outside this Nightmare event, is there any real benefit for the use of Summons that other skills can't give you? I mean, I used Ultros a few times in some really weak dungeons for fun and found him a bit fun but considering the necessary hones needed to make them useful (and it only gives a single use) I'm not sure if I should ever bother.

The elemental 3* trio can be really effective against bosses with multiple targets with an elemental weakness, maduin/valefor and bahamut together at decent hones with summoner spring 2 is a potent mob destroyer especially for harder story dungeons. Carbuncle breaks certain fights in your favor, kirin is a good alternative to the prayer white mage spell for regen on all, and Odin can one shot certain bosses 100% of the time. Summons have a lot of uses depending upon what kind of content you're going up against.

The story dungeons they are great for clearing. Once you get to an r5 of valefor or maduin and an r3 Bahamut, your summoner has 8 abilities uses + 2 rw summons + 2-3 sb uses, which will be enough for quite a few battles. Just have to have a relic mat weapon to boost damage

ccbfan

The biggest problem with 4*+ damaging summons is that ruinga clear mobs just as well as long as you have one natural 5* black mage weapon.

Except ruinga is so much better.

Ruinga r4 is 8 uses which with a spring means you can use nothing but that 1 Ruinga r4 to clear all mobs except for rare situations where there's 5 stages with 3+ enemies.

4*+ Black Orbs are so much easier to get than 4*+ summons orbs.

The elemental trio I have used a few time because its 3* and for some reason its a good cheese for a lot of tough bosses, as well as carbunkle.

Its better just to save your summon orbs and put it on Bahamut but hold off making it until you can get it a R3. Basically an AOE SSB you can put in an ability slot.

I'll probably do the Ultimate late tonight and then spend tomorrow failing Caius over and over.

Any particular tips I should know going into the Ultimate? I'll probably rock my typical U team of 2 SSB DPSers (Cecil, Locke, Celes, Agrias, Tidus), Whip Kick Fran, Apoc Shielding Basch, Guardian Garnet w/ Shared Medica. For synergy I have Lightning's Blazefire Saber, Hope's Airwing and the Pumpkin.

I'll probably do the Ultimate late tonight and then spend tomorrow failing Caius over and over.

Any particular tips I should know going into the Ultimate? I'll probably rock my typical U team of 2 SSB DPSers (Cecil, Locke, Celes, Agrias, Tidus), Whip Kick Fran, Apoc Shielding Basch, Guardian Garnet w/ Shared Medica. For synergy I have Lightning's Blazefire Saber, Hope's Airwing and the Pumpkin.

Pray he doesn't use giga gavitron 3-4 times in a row otherwise you lose

WarAdept

Caius goes into batshit insane mode at 61%, so prep Wall, buffs, etc during that time. Res over Def, he has a move that reduces Res by -50% and the majority of his attacks are Magic based. His speed is so fast during weak mode that even if you queue up a move immediately after he attacks, he will still get an attack off faster than your cast bar.

EDIT: Oh man these Luneth buffs that just got released on the JP version. First Firion, now Luneth. DO ALL THE JOBS.

Balphon

Well, Luneth and Firion technically can do all the jobs.

As for summons, their main utility is for multi-target bosses and for when your caster is strong enough to take advantage of the fact that they're mostly 2-hit.

WarAdept

Well, Luneth and Firion technically can do all the jobs.

As for summons, their main utility is for multi-target bosses and for when your caster is strong enough to take advantage of the fact that they're mostly 2-hit.

Yeah it's cool. I mean, Ingus was already a good Knight with Support 4, and now they give him an ATK buff and make him a Paladin with White 4? Calm down DeNA.

I'm just worried that we're losing some characters due to how versatile a lot of the cast is getting. Terra being the shining example of this. Literally destroyed the tiny niche that Vivi/Lulu/Edea had with her MAG buff and to rub salt in the wound, added Summon 5 to it.

WarAdept

Slot in 5 mithril for Banner 2. Was secretly hoping for Gau's Gauntlet. Got another XII Trident instead.

I think I have 3 6*'s of this thing.

MRGRGRGRG

The biggest issue with using Fang is dragoons are always in the air when it's time to reapply buffs

Edit: Well operation whale to beat Caius worked I guess, though I feel like I only won because he only used giga galvatron once the whole fight and mostly spammed that pulsar move which isn't scary.

vHJueKg.png

RR6JmLW.png

Dream Stooges and Vargas. Pretty easy. With only Power Break, Ultimate Gale Cut does a pretty meaningless damage. Bum Rush still hits for like 1.4k four times, though, so that gets a little hairy--I imagine Power Breakdown and Full Break together make that pretty negligible as well. Both Bioblasters didn't stick Vargas with Poison and Blind Shell never worked, so I don't think my Edgar was particularly effective during this fight and I might've gotten more mileage out of Locke. Luneth worked great. Once buffed up he was hitting for 10k and had enough meter to use his interrupt SB three times in a row.

WarAdept

Goddammit. Thought I could just leave Auto to do all the XIV Elite dungeons for me while I was working. Boss smacked me a new one.

There goes 70 stam.

Kain

Stooges mastered with full medals, Rydia and her whip were the MVP: I didn't touch the guy vulnerable to death and I finished the fight with the SSB. It was beautiful-

Also I honed Multi break for Penelo and put it to good use. Now that I have a Beatrix to buff Protectga/Shellga she is free to dance as she pleases.

I decided to wrap up the 13 bonus battles tonight rather than tomorrow.

Chaos Bahamut was a straight forward, first attempt victory.

Caius was shockingly way smoother than expected. It still took ~ an hour of battling him, but that was all about learning just the right time to use what abilities.

Turn 1 = Shield, Guardian, Protectga, FB, LS.
Turn 2 = Banishing Strike, Shell, MBD, LS, LS.
Delay Wall for a few turns.
Spam LS / Breakdowns / SC / Curaja to build SB bars
Reapply Shield / Guardian
Whip Kick -> SSBs / SC
Reapply Wall
Use remaining LS / BD / SC
Whip Kick -> SSB / Banishing Strike spam and hope for quick death.

Delaying Wall and saving as many Banishing Strikes for the end were the big key. Basch took a hit RIGHT as I was casting my second Wall and Locke went down right after his last SSB cast.

I didn't end up actually using Thief's Revenge, so I could have brought Armor Break instead for slightly higher DPS.

Random Observation
I've been using a Shared Medica relic for all of these bonus battles with my Wall RW, DPS, DPS, Fran, Basch, Garnet team. However, I can barely remember having to actually use it. On the flip side, I use Yuffie's Clear Tranquil frequently in my Shout RW, DPS, DPS, Fran, Yuffie, Garnet teams. That just goes to show how big of an effect stacking mitigation can have.

MiTYH

I know I'm new, but this luck made me very happy:

Haven't done a pull since my beginner set, since I've been saving for the next big event. But at 175 mythril I just wanted something so I pulled on the VI banner for a x3 draw. Wound up getting 5* Edgar's Chainsaw, which was awesome. One growth egg later he's already a strong member of my rather new team (avoiding getting too involved until I do more pulls)

Kain

Vargas mastered too. It took a little S/L but once the fucking bears didn't attack the same char all the time it all went smooth. Dat Shout meta.

Mission accomplished on all fronts. 125 mythril minimum for Nightmare draw+2 fest draws - the rest I gain will either go on refreshes or, if I get on a mythril roll that I have with classic/elites, a possible third draw. Considering the fest is around 2 weeks away, I could be boatloaded by that time.

Also reached 120 stamina which is the sweet spot minimum for fest refreshes.

What I am having a hard time is dedicating mythril for inventory expansion. I only have 125 but I can't bring myself to extend it even though the use would be astronomical as far as possible synergy goes.

EDIT: typo.

c-murph

I have 276 Mythril saved, 157 Stamina out of whatever the max total can be, and only 44 more expert stages left to complete the game... for now. What will I do once I finish?!

c-murph

Join the daily warriors

I usually spend 180 stamina for two runs for greens a day. That way I get at least 1,000 greens a day. But I skipped the last week to marathon these last few stages for the the Mythril before the next fest. I also went spending crazy with the Gyshal Accessories and dropped like +100k on accessories. Figured I needed more Elemental Coverage for future bosses. I currently only have +100k greens left...

Edit: Yeah, just got me my Secrets of the Qu fighting Zorn and Thorn.

ccbfan

Finished all 4 ultimates last night.

Bahamut, triplets and Vargas was so easy I barely remember the fight.

Caius though holy crap.

Tried ls/shout the honorable way for the first few tries, that didn't go well. He's too fast and I have 0 rs or ffxiii except the free pumpkin and when he goes berserk I had no way to heal.

After a while I cheated and hit and ran with

Cecil(ssb)
Fran(ssb)
Shadow ssb
Tyro (sg)
Vanille(protect medica)

Yes you can hit and run against Caius, you just needed two healers and a tank (my case tyro and Cecil and vaille) because of how the boss attacks (his regular attacks always hit the highest hp character). At the end of every flee, make sure the tank is full hp. Then when everyone had full bars, I just change rows, use vanille medica and started the fight.

Still took 3 tries first half of the fight was super easy but the second part was pure random. Even with wall, protect, shell, full breakdown, magic breakdown, power breakdown, he still could take out a party with consecutive aoe attacks and res downs combos.

This is suppose to be the hardest till ifrit right?

WarAdept

What the fuck, Onion Knight?!

To be fair, DeNA got him so right. More terrible than the cores until level 92. Then, just like in FFIII...

ClLkpRaUkAAid6X.jpg

aEH2mVG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom