• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I beat the Stooges on my first try and Vargas on my second. Didn't lose a single medal in either fight. It was a nice change of pace after having my balls stomped on by Caius.
Cauis wasn't overly difficult for me, but I was lucky to get a nice single pull on the second FFXIII banner, and that definitely helped. Without it, I probably would of had to spend a lot more time on it trying for a perfect run. No Bahamut SIN type situation, but I can definitely see why he has his reputation.

Caius down without a S/L. Squall died around 45-50%.

7enncjJ.png
oLHP8xs.png

Got lucky with getting mitigation in and timely crits

greyshark

Got a mage meta party to work against Caius - stacked Sazh's SSB with a RW Focus. Had a real problem with the weak phase - there just isn't enough burst damage with a Mage party. Only Summons and MM break the damage cap - I need to get some mage SSB's.

Balphon

Do Mage SSBs actually do respectable damage? All of the normal Mage SBs I've used have been weak, outside of any utility they offer (Attach Element, Buffs, Debuffs, Status Effects, etc...).

They're comparatively stronger than physical ones judging strictly on base damage. However, they generally are less effective because:

(1) No Lifesiphon.
(2) MAG is harder to buff than ATK.
(3) Enemies have higher RES than DEF.

They are at their most effective if you can take advantage of + element damage items and en-element buffs due to their higher base damage.

greyshark

I have Yuna's SSB which did about 20k on Caius when fully buffed. Not nearly as good as my physical SSB's but if I ever want to make a Mage party viable on U+ battles I need to be able to quickly end the weak phase, which means burst damage. Either that or figure out how to tank while continuing my steady damage from -jas/summons.

I've melted the last three Ultimate+ battles by doing the "charge up soul breaks and spend one Mythril" thing.

It's not worth my time or energy to bother trying to one-shot them anymore.

Do Mage SSBs actually do respectable damage? All of the normal Mage SBs I've used have been weak, outside of any utility they offer (Attach Element, Buffs, Debuffs, Status Effects, etc...).

I only have Kuja's so I can't speak in general but with Memento Mori up his SSB does some sweet, sweet damage (8x Dark). The magic increase utility it carries (albeit small) isn't anything to scoff at either as it further amplifies the already ridiculous Dark Zone output.

WarAdept

Fuck it. Made Dark Zone R3. Nothing else currently to use the Dark Orbs for other than Sanguine Cross (which I can still R3 if I desire). The only use for MDO is in the distant future with Chain Firaga and Chain Stonega, and ~6 months is more than enough time to get R3 for both. I'd love to get Thief's Revenge to R4 but spending 60 MWiO just for one rank? No thanks.

TlmxXen.jpg

Man the newly released 5* skills in Japan (Knight/Monk) have super lazy animations. The knight one is literally a recoloured Saint's Cross, but didn't even bother to make the character sprite slash with the animation now. Just stays in place after doing the iconic walk forward to attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlrbdXGTh68

The monk one is interesting. Still super lazy animation, but the applications of it are cool, particularly with one monk. It's a weaker ranged Thief's Revenge with Fire element attached to it. But have someone like Jecht come along and use it in conjunction with Sanguine Cross, I can see some serious use from it.

hesho

kinda funny...

i got magistral rod (yuna's old sb for the sending). i guess i will use it then for the reraise fight since i skipped it last time.... though still kinda want to skip it because i don't want to craft another diaga..

c-murph

I got Rydia's Mystic Whip and a bunch of 4* weapons from (XII). I combined Hammerhead Axe (XII) and Platinum Dagger (XII) to 6*.

Edit: Now my Mythril count is 266. Need to get it back up to 300 for 6 pull during fest.

Balphon

I went 4/11, but 3 of them were items for Arc.

Arc's SSB is one of the best items on the banner though, so it's probably one of my best pulls ever.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys

Guys

Remember how I had Buster Sword near first week of the game and it was 1 of 2 uniques total I had for the first 6 months of the game and everyone laughed at me because of that and then the Combat lucky draw gave me another Buster Sword?

Well

Summon lucky draw just gave me another Keepsake Ribbon

:D :D :D :D :D

:D :D

D:

WarAdept

Guys

Guys

Remember how I had Buster Sword near first week of the game and it was 1 of 2 uniques total I had for the first 6 months of the game and everyone laughed at me because of that and then the Combat lucky draw gave me another Buster Sword?

Well

D:

Jesus christ man, how do you keep playing with that luck.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, long ago (before Orbfest 1 even) I told myself I'm willing to spend up to 5 Mythril per event to cheese in the absolute worst case. There's a long way to go with a bad luck streak before it remotely starts coming to that.

In a really twisted backward way, I'd be keeping a tally of how much Mythril I spend on boosting, and then $$ for a 10 pull as a replacement when it hits 50. Feel like that's more fair to my wallet than straight out dumping $$ into the gacha for maybe-upgrades.

I've only spent two Mythril that way so far, and both were more just skipping the time I'd have spent doing the flee trick for full SB gauges, so like I said, nowhere near that kind of shitty luck critical mass at all.

That, and I enjoy a challenge, and my gear isn't all that bad anyway since I do have a wall and a couple of medicas (though no hastega) and I did average luck on SSBFest.

MrDaravon

0/11 again on this Lucky Draw. Outside of Fang's Partisan I got from a 100-gem pull a couple weeks ago I honestly don't think I've gotten a 5* relic in my last ~300 or so mythril spent. Legitimately starting to think about not spending any more mythril or gems on pulls until Global gets guaranteed relics on 11-pulls, this is actually kind of ridiculous. I haven't pulled a relic from a 3 or 11-pull since the last goddamn orbfest. Might just fully dump 100% of my mythril on refreshes this fest or something.

0/11 again on this Lucky Draw. Outside of Fang's Partisan I got from a 100-gem pull a couple weeks ago I honestly don't think I've gotten a 5* relic in my last ~300 or so mythril spent. Legitimately starting to think about not spending any more mythril or gems on pulls until Global gets guaranteed relics on 11-pulls, this is actually kind of ridiculous. I haven't pulled a relic from a 3 or 11-pull since the last goddamn orbfest. Might just fully dump 100% of my mythril on refreshes this fest or something.

While I don't get any joy from your bad luck, I can always count on you to not make me feel all alone. Thanks!

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys

Guys

Well

D:

Ok I have a surprise twist

I actually rolled 2/11 for Summoner lucky draw.

One was Keepsake Ribbon. Which is a dupe of a VII item I previously had.

Any guesses as to what the other one was?

(It wasn't a dupe of a VII item I previously had because I prayed very hard to the FFRK RNG gods after the first 5* was Keepsake Ribbon)

WarAdept

Fucking knew I should've pulled on this. I needed nothing, with only Arc's staves as the want simply for more diversity.

0/11.

DeNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok I have a surprise twist

I actually rolled 2/11 for Summoner lucky draw.

One was Keepsake Ribbon. Which is a dupe of a VII item I previously had.

Any guesses as to what the other one was?

(It wasn't a dupe of a VII item I previously had because I prayed very hard to the FFRK RNG gods after the first 5* was Keepsake Ribbon)

Aurora Rod...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This changes EVERYTHING.

I have been giddy for the past half hour. I can't believe I was on the verge of not pulling in this Lucky Draw, after going 0/11 on my birthday last month.

Now I have the full Trinity + a number of Boostgas:
Wall: Sentinel's Grimoire (Tyro)
Hastega: Divine Guardian (Garnet)
Medica: Hymm of the Fayth (Yuna), Clear Tranquil (Yuffie), Healing Wind (Aerith)
Boost: Apocalypse Shield (Basch), Burning Arrow (Tifa), Soul Eater (D.Cecil), Fist of the Dawn (Galuf), Sunbath (Mog)

Get out.

https://imgur.com/8jglQoc

A fest goal done before the fest even started. Gg Dena.
Didn't see it coming in a million years.
Congrats! It feels incredibly good, doesn't it?

terra enhancer. old as dirt, but now I can use her i guess and its my first battlemage sword. so there's that. of course it shows up right after the vi event. will be some time before its dusted off.

Kenai

Took a few tries since I don't have the best SMN hones but mastered it. Bit sketchy at the end since I derped and didn't get a fire orb summoned at all.

Terra's Trance Flood and Garnet's Rahmoo. I could have done worse. Happy I can use Terra now.

Pretty damn good lucky draw for me. I got three items:

• Magistral Rod (Yuna)
  • Aurora Rod (Aeris, duplicate)
  • Holy Wand (Arc)

Disappointingly, the Holy Wand doesn't increase holy damage. Oddly, its SB does damage undead monsters even though it's not listed in the description. Party Cura, +50% RES, and damage undead.

Xetherion

0/11 on the Lucky Draw. You other guys who feel like you shouldn't have pulled, think of it this way: you were gonna get a 0/11 on your next pull anyway, so at least this one was half price. I'm just hoping this means i've got my bad luck out of the way for burst fest.

Balphon

Disappointingly, the Holy Wand doesn't increase holy damage. Oddly, its SB does damage undead monsters even though it's not listed in the description. Party Cura, +50% RES, and damage undead.

Not sure what you mean; you can't target AoE heals on enemies and Soothing Light has no damage component.

Be nice if it did, I have 4 of Arc's staves now.

Neo Bahamut Mastered. Wasn't difficult at all, really. Had to restart once because I pushed him into his third phase too quickly, but other than that there wasn't any issues.

Still haven't done the Lucky Draw yet. Not sure if I'm gonna since I've got most of what I'd want from it already. Hopefully the BSB Fest banners will pop up soon so I can see if it's worth a spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom