• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I've spent 12 mythril on refreshes on this phase so far, and I've gotten four major orbs... All wind, the one type of don't really want

Falk

that puzzling face
If I'd gotten 4 wind orbs in 12 Myth I'd go ham and just do 2x Valefor.

Or look at it another way, that's 40 Greater Orbs broken down.

MicH

If I'd gotten 4 wind orbs in 12 Myth I'd go ham and just do 2x Valefor.

Or look at it another way, that's 40 Greater Orbs broken down.
Already have Maduin R2 though. But yeah, they're gonna be great once we get orb conversion!

Just saw on Reddit that Kimahri finally hot buffed in the JP version. Bunch of stat improvements and combat 4!

Also Yuna can now use guns. Best character confirmed

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure I agree with how they're handling the X-2 characterization. A cosmetic change and access to guns (the BSSB remains magic damage) really doesn't shout 'gunner', not when she'll still hit like a wet noodle with physical attacks.

A couple of months ago I honestly expected:

- Costumes would literally change user's class
- Paladin/Dark Cecil get folded into 1 character (takes your highest level), class changeable
- Kain gets Holy Dragoon, etc.
- Current Rydia's loadout (Black 5) given to Adult Rydia costume, default Rydia has white magic (just like in the source)
- Characters from 3/5/Tactics could then have slightly more costumes to add to their versatility, but have a more limited set of abilities per costume
- FFXIII similarly has two roles (from the paradigm system) per character. Lightning gets additional stuff for the sequels.

I guess that'd make the game a little too complicated though, especially with only a subset of characters getting access to 6* abilities, etc.

edit: To add to all the speculation shenanigans, I honestly thought Zack was going to go somewhere. His weapon is labelled very distinctly VII-CC, but for all intents and purposes is VII synergy with no caveats. Wonder if the sub-realm spinoff idea was a thing at one point and got scrapped. Now that Gunner Yuna is literally just Yuna with exact same stats but can use guns, I think the answer to that is unfortunately a "yes".

SRUbB1p.jpg

Need.

I wonder if they'll bump this up for the Global version. I want a free 5* blitzball please.

MrDaravon

The lightning and sazh quests are the Classic difficulty versions of those dungeons. This is kind of annoying if you've recently cleared those dungeons.

Speaking of difficulty levels I don't know if you noticed but FFVI is quite odd in that its first batch of dungeons in elite are tough and use loads of stamina (many people also felt Mt Kolts was harder than its difficulty of 51 implies) whereas the batch starting with the phantom train up to floating continent 2 is difficulty 26-41 and gives out loads of stamina shards too.

Thanks for mentioning both of these! I just assumed that the Lightning/Sazh quests were on Elite since all of the other Bonus Quest/character unlocks are. Also I'll have to go back and look at look at those FF6 Elite dungeons; I haven't done a ton of Elite dungeons yet because most of them are around or higher than my current level difficulty-wise, so was mostly focusing on getting through Classic stuff first.

MrDaravon

I just hit 50 mythril for the first time post the half-off pulls, given that I only have a small handful of of 5* stuff would I be better off pulling now for Cloud's stuff or waiting for the FF13 event? All other things being equal I'd want to pull based on what FF typically has the most events right? I have no FF7 or FF13 relics. I know Cloud is apparently amazing so my first thought is to try to pull something for him, but I don't know if any of the 13 people are good, maybe Lightning?

Falk

that puzzling face
The Organics banner is an all around great banner with a good spread of items plus very useful shared SB armor (and has Organics), but Hope's banner is by far the best mage weapon banner (3 different mage weapons!) for a good few months.

If you're going to be as hardcore at this game as it appears you're going to be, you'd want to aim for mage weapons to a point where you're assured to be able to pull off mage meta. But then again, Organics.

Really tough decision.

MrDaravon

The Organics banner is an all around great banner with a good spread of items plus very useful shared SB armor (and has Organics), but Hope's banner is by far the best mage weapon banner (3 different mage weapons!) for a good few months.

If you're going to be as hardcore at this game as it appears you're going to be, you'd want to aim for mage weapons to a point where you're assured to be able to pull off mage meta. But then again, Organics.

Really tough decision.

What are Organics? Talk to me like one of your french paintings falk

Also since I'm still going through all the core content I'm getting Mythril at a fair clip (I've already accumulated 26 Mythril since I did the last half-off pull 2 days ago or whenever that was) so there's also the possibility I'll accumulate another 50 Mythril before the Hope event ends, but then I imagine you start looking at the banner after that and oh god this ride never ends does it

Also since I'm still going through all the core content I'm getting Mythril at a fair clip (I've already accumulated 26 Mythril since I did the last half-off pull 2 days ago or whenever that was) so there's also the possibility I'll accumulate another 50 Mythril before the Hope event ends, but then I imagine you start looking at the banner after that and oh god this ride never ends does it

Organics is Cloud's newest weapon that has a pretty good Soul Break, which when mastered boosts his ATK by 10 permanently.

Nohar

Oh my! How could thou not know what the tout-puissant Organics is?! Thou art a disgrace! FFRK is not a mere jeu-vidéo! Take it seriously or thou shalt be punished by RNGesus (bless his name)!
The Organics is one of the marvelous épées of Cloud, granting him the first Super Soul Break of FFRK, Blame Beam, which hit every enemy on screen three times. It is absolutly exquisite, formidable! Of course, better items will be released later, but as of now it is one of the most dévastatrice Soul Break in terms of damage, especially useful against multiple bosses. Also, it grants +10 ATK permanently to Cloud once you master it. Cloud is so fumé, this blatant favoritism makes me feel angry.
So fly petit chat, pull the banner for Organics, and maybe RNGesus will smile upon thee and shower you with His love, just like He does for His french joueuses.

MrDaravon

Organics is Cloud's newest weapon that has a pretty good Soul Break, which when mastered boosts his ATK by 10 permanently.

Oh my! How could thou not know what the tout-puissant Organics is?! Thou art a disgrace! FFRK is not a mere jeu-vidéo! Take it seriously or thou shalt be punished by RNGesus (bless his name)!
The Organics is one of the marvelous épées of Cloud, granting him the first Super Soul Break of FFRK, Blame Beam, which hit every enemy on screen three times. It is absolutly exquisite, formidable! Of course, better items will be released later, but as of now it is one of the most dévastatrice Soul Break in terms of damage, especially useful against multiple bosses. Also, it grants +10 ATK permanently to Cloud once you master it. Cloud is so fumé, this blatant favoritism makes me feel angry.
So fly petit chat, pull the banner for Organics, and maybe RNGesus will smile upon thee and shower you with His love, just like He does for His french joueuses.

Ce qui est beau, Nohar.

The events will always be ongoing, but for my first month I was getting enough for every banner easily so i'd say go for it and pull on Organics. You can view a list of all the upcoming events, including what loot is in the banners, at this site:

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/

lol <3

So are Organics just relics that teach a character a SSB?

Also that banner site is useful, do the relic banners always correspond with the characters/games of the current event? Like I see FF6 coming up on Nov 4th, does that mean the relic banner for that period would be Celes/Setzer etc weapons?

lol <3

Also that banner site is useful, do the relic banners always correspond with the characters/games of the current event? Like I see FF6 coming up on Nov 4th, does that mean the relic banner for that period would be Celes/Setzer etc weapons?

Organics is the name of the weapon

Razmos

lol <3

Organics is just the name of Cloud's Super Soul Break weapon.

They are basically just normal soul break relics, except they give the stat bonus when mastered.

Yes, for example the current banners focus on Cloud and Barrett since they are the 2 characters featured in this event.

The next event focuses on Hope, Vanille and Snow and has new soul breaks for them.

MrDaravon

Organics is the name of the weapon

Organics is just the name of Cloud's Super Soul Break weapon.

They are basically just normal soul break relics, except they give the stat bonus when mastered.

Yes, for example the current banners focus on Cloud and Barrett since they are the 2 characters featured in this event.

The next event focuses on Hope, Vanille and Snow and has new soul breaks for them.

Oh weird, I'll look again when I get home, but I thought the weapon was named something else but there was a small organics tag on the top of the box, so I thought that referred to a class of weapons of something.

Are Snow, Vanille, Lightning, or Hope actually any good? I looked around a bit and seems like Snow kinda sucks, I just got Lightning before I left. I'll pump some levels into them since I'm assuming I would want to run the event with FF13 characters anyway, but I've got my main 4 characters up to 40-42 so I need to start looking at who to level next.

Wazzy

Banned
OMG give me the Halloween lootttttt!

They really should give it to us otherwise we won't get it for another year lol

Oh weird, I'll look again when I get home, but I thought the weapon was named something else but there was a small organics tag on the top of the box, so I thought that referred to a class of weapons of something.

Are Snow, Vanille, Lightning, or Hope actually any good? I looked around a bit and seems like Snow kinda sucks, I just got Lightning before I left. I'll pump some levels into them since I'm assuming I would want to run the event with FF13 characters anyway, but I've got my main 4 characters up to 40-42 so I need to start looking at who to level next.

Most characters have at least a few situations that they can shine in. Character quality is largely based upon their skill and equip sets. Vanille and Hope are both solid mages that can access 4* abilities in both Black and White magic, which gives them plenty of flexibility. Lightning is a solid Spellblade user that becomes even more dangerous if you acquire a quality gun, since she can then attack from the back row. Snow was pretty mediocre at the start (and still is, to a degree), but he's got Knight and Monk 5* and can now equip heavy armor, so he'll have some absurdly powerful and versatile skills coming up.

Balphon

Vanille and Hope are very good mages and Lightning is a good spellblade. Snow is still fairly meh but he has an interest skillset and has been buffed I think twice now.

All four of them have very good relic SBs if you are lucky enough to get any of them.

Razmos

Urgh, I forgot that we get Event Quests in the Hope event. Fighting Barthandelus with a party of 3 is going to be a pain.

Also hnnngh I really want Yuna's new gun and dress record. gimme!
I also want that free Halloween Blitzball so I can give it to Rikku eventually.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm basically just exp and gil farming orbfest now so I can break all of my characters 50 cap.

I just want to see that screen empty D:

MrDaravon

Most characters have at least a few situations that they can shine in. Character quality is largely based upon their skill and equip sets. Vanille and Hope are both solid mages that can access 4* abilities in both Black and White magic, which gives them plenty of flexibility. Lightning is a solid Spellblade user that becomes even more dangerous if you acquire a quality gun, since she can then attack from the back row. Snow was pretty mediocre at the start (and still is, to a degree), but he's got Knight and Monk 5* and can now equip heavy armor, so he'll have some absurdly powerful and versatile skills coming up.

Vanille and Hope are very good mages and Lightning is a good spellblade. Snow is still fairly meh but he has an interest skillset and has been buffed I think twice now.

All four of them have very good relic SBs if you are lucky enough to get any of them.

Okay, good to know. Right now my mainish party is Tyro, Cloud, Cyan and Rydia (with me rotating in the 5th slot depending on what I'm doing) and they're all level ~42, so I need to start thinking about who to swap in now. Tyro is super useful in that he can equip virtually everything (he's been using the Kaiser Knuckles I got from my first pull), but it seems like Vanilla and Hope might be able to swap out him and Rydia or something like that. I don't have the first world problems of having any MC's so my caps are still at 50 (although I'm going to try to get Cloud and Barrett's MC's before the current event goes away).

Also figured out my confusion on the Organics, I thought the name of the weapon was Blade Beam with Organics being the class or type of weapon since Organics is a really dumb name for a weapon, and it was at the top of the box. So for my clarification Organics would be considered a Super Soul Break weapon because you get a permanent stat boost when you learn it correct? The Soul Break being "Unique" doesn't specifically indicate that it's a Super Soul Break, it's the stat bonus that does right?

So for my clarification Organics would be considered a Super Soul Break weapon because you get a permanent stat boost when you learn it correct? The Soul Break being "Unique" doesn't specifically indicate that it's a Super Soul Break, it's the stat bonus that does right?

That is correct. In JP they just added the next tier (Burst Super Soul Break, or BSSB), and on top of the stat boosts, it modifies your character's attack and defense commands temporarily into new, strong attacks. But you don't have to worry about those for a long while.

MrDaravon

That is correct. In JP they just added the next tier (Burst Super Soul Break, or BSSB), and on top of the stat boosts, it modifies your character's attack and defense commands temporarily into new, strong attacks. But you don't have to worry about those for a long while.

That's so dumb lol

Vorpal

Not sure I agree with how they're handling the X-2 characterization. A cosmetic change and access to guns (the BSSB remains magic damage) really doesn't shout 'gunner', not when she'll still hit like a wet noodle with physical attacks.

A couple of months ago I honestly expected:

- Costumes would literally change user's class
- Paladin/Dark Cecil get folded into 1 character (takes your highest level), class changeable
- Kain gets Holy Dragoon, etc.
- Current Rydia's loadout (Black 5) given to Adult Rydia costume, default Rydia has white magic (just like in the source)
- Characters from 3/5/Tactics could then have slightly more costumes to add to their versatility, but have a more limited set of abilities per costume
- FFXIII similarly has two roles (from the paradigm system) per character. Lightning gets additional stuff for the sequels.

I guess that'd make the game a little too complicated though, especially with only a subset of characters getting access to 6* abilities, etc.

edit: To add to all the speculation shenanigans, I honestly thought Zack was going to go somewhere. His weapon is labelled very distinctly VII-CC, but for all intents and purposes is VII synergy with no caveats. Wonder if the sub-realm spinoff idea was a thing at one point and got scrapped. Now that Gunner Yuna is literally just Yuna with exact same stats but can use guns, I think the answer to that is unfortunately a "yes".

Damn, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to Gunner Yuna. The sub-class/realm system would make a lot of sense for some characters, though probably further stratify the roster. (It's already weird having a level 80 Cloud towering over everyone.) Maybe that's inevitable though.

Or like just go all out and gimme an interactive Trigger Happy SB where I have to tap on the screen a bunch!

Z3M0G

Such a fun event... can't believe I completely missed the first Phase... but my 25 orb pull in Phase 2gave me 4 new character weapons. Only one from each of Phase 3 and 4 however... last of which was a duplicate...

And I didn't have any Mythril to do the pulls in Phases 3 and 4, so that was quite a rush to collect Mythril in time!!

Vorpal

50 mythril left for refreshes. Oh boy. The worst part is ending with 8-9 stamina and having to wait until you hit/spend 15 to do another refresh. At some point I'm just going to start refreshing immediately because damn

Razmos

Halloween Event:
Starts today - it's two free items, not a specific event or anything. Both items have FFX realm synergy, just in time for the upcoming Yuna event.
Pumpkin Ball (X) - no SB, but has a unique graphic change to a pumpkin ball
Witch Hat (X) - hat with SB "Black Magic" which temporarily raises MAG
Both items are 5* though are slightly weaker than other relics given that they are free items (the ball is 64 ATK at level 1 for instance, while Wakka's Multi Talent is 72 ATK; the witch hat is 36 DEF/70 RES and +18 MAG/+15 MND, while Lulu's Hairpin is 56 DEF/79 RES and +21 MAG/+20 MND at level 1).
Campaign runs until 11/13 so get your free stuff now!
The other part of the campaign is that there is special Halloween music until 11/6.
IT CHANGES THE SPRITE TO A PUMPKIN

HALLOWEEN MUSIC

GODDAMN GLOBAL RK WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS

Falk

that puzzling face
50 mythril left for refreshes. Oh boy. The worst part is ending with 8-9 stamina and having to wait until you hit/spend 15 to do another refresh. At some point I'm just going to start refreshing immediately because damn

Know that feel :(

I'm just autobattling with a random party of 5 goobers, only paying attention to phone every minute or so to start the next stage then waiting ~15 minutes to refresh from 0. Pretty much hands-off.

(entire roster is maxed level)

Red Mage

Really tough decision.

I thought the FFIX banner was better with 5 mage items?

Halloween Event:

IT CHANGES THE SPRITE TO A PUMPKIN

HALLOWEEN MUSIC

GODDAMN GLOBAL RK WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS

This and experimenting with future SBs is why I play both.

I maxed those, mainly due to mediocre x synergy, but mediocre. I did pull agrias' ssb weapon, which is awesome.

In more local news, my final 45 stam spent before the hope event netted me one major non elemental one major wind and one greater wind, so very happy with that. I have hit my non rng targets of leveling everyone but cores to max, 30m in gold and 500+ of the regular orbs and the rms collected. Guess it will be a team of vanille hope and gladiator or ninja for leveling them.

Vorpal

I'm just autobattling with a random party of 5 goobers, only paying attention to phone every minute or so to start the next stage then waiting ~15 minutes to refresh from 0. Pretty much hands-off.

(entire roster is maxed level)

Jealous! I'm at the point of raising core classes from 50 to 65 so battles require a lot more babysitting. I might try throwing them in with Auto-Protect and Cloud + Double Cut or something to see if I can go back to auto-battling

Don't lose hope on the Halloween event yet! Let's at least wait 'til the update before we despair. Those items are generic enough that there's no reason they can't bring them over early; they won't ruin the power curve or anything. Fingers crossed.

Also, I think I talked myself out of pulling on the XIII banner, so I'm probably saving up for 2-3 pulls on VIII in a month or so. I have plenty of mage weapons in general, and the Soul Breaks, while good, wouldn't be game-changing for me.

I'll probably 3 pull on it if nothing good comes from the 100 gem on each banner. Got the Vega 42S in Lucky Draw which is awesome but a mage weapon with XIII synergy could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom