• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Interesting Cid Mission's. My Jecht is fully geared out (got both Sin's Talon and Jecht's Headband by sheer luck, I have no idea when I got these) so I think I should be okay...

EDIT: "Chainstarter" is now Powercharge. Of all the stupid names...

Balphon

Interesting Cid Mission's. My Jecht is fully geared out (got both Sin's Talon and Jecht's Headband by sheer luck, I have no idea when I got these) so I think I should be okay...

A Squall BSSB RW makes it fairly simple.

EDIT: "Chainstarter" is now Powercharge. Of all the stupid names...

I suppose Faultsiphon doesn't really make sense as a name without the mechanics it had in FF13.

Then again, neither does Lifesiphon.

EDIT: For anyone actually interesting in running Powercharge/Full Charge, these are the characters than can do it:

Gau
Lightning
Onion Knight (w/ Record Dive)
Tidus
Tyro
Zack
Zell (w/ Record Dive)

WarAdept

A Squall BSSB RW makes it fairly simple.

EDIT: For anyone actually interesting in running Powercharge/Full Charge, these are the characters than can do it:

Gau
Lightning
Onion Knight (w/ Record Dive)
Tidus
Tyro
Zack
Zell (w/ Record Dive)

Oh? I assume the BSB is for the Cactuar, and you'd use Kick for trash. I'm up to the mission but haven't tried it yet (saving my stam for when Tuesdaily rolls over).

And you bet I'm running FC/PC on Gau. Fuck everyone thinking the little dude sucks!

Balphon

Oh? I assume the BSB is for the Cactuar, and you'd use Kick for trash. I'm up to the mission but haven't tried it yet (saving my stam for when Tuesdaily rolls over).

Chakra and Kick work fine for the trash. The fire BSSB command is what you want for the Cactuar since it has a pretty decent HP pool.

I got the fire bracer from the 100 gem pull. Do I combine this with the other one or leave separate? I think since it is +fire damage I leave separate. I do not like having multiples of relics uncombined.

Edit:

So power chain and full charge

Take one to r3 or both to r2, those are my two options.

Power chain- two chars with ssbs zidane and Locke
Full charge makes a number of chars more useful that I don't have ssbs for or a filler slot for someone like bartz.

Hmm. I'm thinking full charge to r3 and dealing with power chain when I can.

Balphon

So what's the tl;dr on this new sphere system they seem to be putting in later today?

It's good for giving minor buffs to most characters and you can invest in the bigger buffs for characters you use a lot, but you'll have to be picky since the resources are scarce.

c-murph

Meh. I only got another Moonring with my 100 Gem pull. Combined it with the other two I had and got a 6* weapon.

When do we get 8* weapons?

WarAdept

Oh man if the upcoming orbfest reflects what Japan got at that particular time...

Power/Black/Wind day.

Mithril for BSSB fest? Nah, I'm spending all 200 on those orbs.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just did the mission with a 65 Jecht and that worked great. Mastered it too.

I managed to get to the Cactuar before I realized I really should have been using Solitude and not some random damage-up RM.

Still beat his face in though thanks to a honed Chakra.

greyshark

Banner 1 looks pretty great - but will hold off on an 11 pull until we find out what's in the BSB fest banners. I have almost 300 mythril though so I may pull regardless.

Anustart

This riot blade doing work.

I barely beat anima without, didn't lose a single medal with it. Mastering nightmare bosses as well. Love you auron.

WarAdept

Multiplayer beta is kinda fun.

I honestly cannot wait.

I'll probably run Eiko and Aeris and spam their Auto Life SSB's. Or Tyro with SG. Something. Should get a discord chat up and running here when it hits so we can all play as one merry family.

On another note, getting around to Figabros event with my shiny new R3 Dark Zone. Holy fuck, this hits hard and I love how self sufficient it is, even in a Shout team.

Do they have any kind of timeline for multiplayer? If it were released today then I would use Basch (Apocalypse Shield) and Y'shtola (Stoneskin), but I imagine my relic options will look different by the time multiplayer is out.

Kyari

Oh maaaan now I wish I played JP:

event_intro_pict09.png

rsniper59

Neo Member
I've been pretty happy with my pulls lately! I realize now that the Cat Hood 7* on my FFVI pulls was actually not a curse, but kind of a nice thing since it lets me decimate any FFVI dungeons. Managed to sneak in a Sasuke on another 11x pull as well!

After spending my Mythril on the FFVI event, I was able to gather 25 mythril up for the Lucky Draw, ended up pulling Rydia's Dragon Whisker (nice!) and Rinoa's Party Dress (okay, and need synergy!). Pretty darn cool!

Falk

that puzzling face
Bio Grenade procced 2x cast on first turn for both Vargas+ and Magus Sisters

Confirmed best ability ever.

Bio Grenade procced 2x cast on first turn for both Vargas+ and Magus Sisters

Confirmed best ability ever.

It's a nice ability and I have soulbreaks for several Machinist-5 characters, but it has such stiff competition for orbs that I can't manage it yet. I've been using it when I have a highly honed ability in my first slot, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, that plus things like Flashing Blade strike me as abilities that'll go pretty far just remaining as Rank 1 - chances are if it's an AOE fight, it's one that needs to be over quickly (or a P1 or an add-burn phase or whatever) and you want to jam massive AOEs on as many characters as possible.

Bahamut is the oddball that's worth honing considering summoners need more ability uses full-stop.

edit: Speaking of hones, Powerchain/Full Charge r2.

I'm a believer.

My Flashing Blade is Rank 2, but I only honed it because my only SSB belongs to Sephiroth and it's hard to put anything else in that second slot. He uses it pretty often, so I feel like I've gotten my orbs' worth out of it. I guess I could craft a second Dark Bargain instead (the one I have now is in use by Drunk Cecil most of the time). I'm holding off on Powerchain and Full Charge until I get a good relic for Gau/Tidus/Lightning.

Silexx

You know, that plus things like Flashing Blade strike me as abilities that'll go pretty far just remaining as Rank 1 - chances are if it's an AOE fight, it's one that needs to be over quickly (or a P1 or an add-burn phase or whatever) and you want to jam massive AOEs on as many characters as possible.

Bahamut is the oddball that's worth honing considering summoners need more ability uses full-stop.

edit: Speaking of hones, Powerchain/Full Charge r2.

I'm a believer.

RE: Bahamut I would just point out that the meta game looks to be shifting towards elemental abilities over non-elemental, so I'd be careful in honing Bahamut as you may be better off waiting for something like 5* Titan to come in.

I've had some good luck with the Daily today. On my first run, I had both a Major Wind and 1100 Greens drop on the final stage. Then, on the final stage of my next run I had another Major Wind drop. 180 STA well spent. :D

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm holding off on Powerchain and Full Charge until I get a good relic for Gau/Tidus/Lightning.

But the idea is with those two you don't really need a good relic, just a stat stick!

(Tidus doing 8+32k every 1.5 turns yeaaaah)

RE: Bahamut I would just point out that the meta game looks to be shifting towards elemental abilities over non-elemental, so I'd be careful in honing Bahamut as you may be better off waiting for something like 5* Titan to come in.

Not taking it past r3.

So full charge and power chain.

It looks like they were made for each other. I could use them with lightning, but I have her BSB so lifesiphon/ace striker into eternal BSB is what I'm doing currently.

Any other good characters that I can do this combo with?

Edit: Ah Tidus.... Ok. Like calm said meant to make it so you don't need Soul breaks... Gotcha. I still like full charge though. It doesn't take long to charge when under haste so it can sub in with my myriad other options.

Balphon

So full charge and power chain.

It looks like they were made for each other. I could use them with lightning, but I have her BSB so lifesiphon/ace striker into eternal BSB is what I'm doing currently.

Any other good characters that I can do this combo with?

Stat-wise Zack is the best character who can do it, but Tidus and Lightning are fairly close. Just comes down to the weapon you want to use.

I am playing a new game that is discouraging me since yesterday! Magic Pot in ++ seems to have a 12% chance to pop each round. That is the rate for 5* relics. Every round just imagine that you are pulling with 5 Mythrils and Magic Pot means you pulled a 5*! Yesterday I made a shit ton of pulls with no 5*...

greyshark

I am playing a new game that is discouraging me since yesterday! Magic Pot in ++ seems to have a 12% chance to pop each round. That is the rate for 5* relics. Every round just imagine that you are pulling with 5 Mythrils and Magic Pot means you pulled a 5*! Yesterday I made a shit ton of pulls with no 5*...

I get a decent rate of Magic Pots, but I've gone weeks without a Major Orb to show for it. Meh, RNG is RNG ...

Falk

that puzzling face

This is like a surefire way to develop depression.

WarAdept

Oh man, did the Brothers fight in the Nightmare dungeon. Poor dudes got ripped apart from Tornado Strike and Bio Grenade proccing twice.

But when it comes to Ultimates, these double cast RMs never proc. :(

Balphon

Oh man, did the Brothers fight in the Nightmare dungeon. Poor dudes got ripped apart from Tornado Strike and Bio Grenade proccing twice.

But when it comes to Ultimates, these double cast RMs never proc. :(

The proc rate is 13%, so you're looking at around 1 activation per fight on average for an 8-use ability (i.e. rank 4), assuming you burn the ability out completely.

The only exceptions are Devout RM2 (15%, White Magic) and Garnet RM3 (20%, Summon), which result in 1.5 and 0.8 activations per fight on average for a rank 4 ability, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom