• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Whelp, finally got around to Figabros U+. Testing out Golbez and Darkness Abilities with Ebon Armour. Memento Mori + Dark Zone is perfectly viable in a Shout team (and it looks cool as hell without being a long animation). Great if I feel like mixing things up.

Maybe Vincent would do slightly more damage due to being 80 and having higher MAG (but not being able to equip Ebon Armour), I'll have to test things out.

aZjAGbs.jpg

Totally forgot Momento Mori and Dark Zone were magic abilities and gave them to Jecht for the 3 man cid challenge and gave Jecht full melee gear :X

Still won because Auron stomped with his SSB but it was amusing to see Jecht due more with regular hits then doomed Dark Zone.

I've had some good luck with the Daily today. On my first run, I had both a Major Wind and 1100 Greens drop on the final stage. Then, on the final stage of my next run I had another Major Wind drop. 180 STA well spent. :D
I just did my third run today and got an RM drop, again on the final stage. \o/

Holy shit. Cecil, Celes, Lightning and Relms on one banner?!
I already have Relms.

RIP my Mithril.

I already have Celes SSB so I am pretty sure that I will either end up with a 6* version of it or nothing at all. 6* wouldn't be so bad, mine is already fully augmented. I really want to finally get a good Lightning relic, I dream of Cecil BSB and Relm would be a huge upgrade to my Medica so I kinda have to pull...

Kenai

Phase 1 is already looking great, hope I can scrounge up enough Mythril for more than 1 pull or I may have regrets.

Also i know who Ayame is for the FF11 sprites but who the heck is the other character? I played FF11 like 6 years and can't tell. :(

WarAdept

As someone who fairly recently acquired Relm's SSB in the White Abyss banner, it's disgustingly good. The times when I feel like bringing Relm, she basically sits there twiddling her thumbs as the High Regen does all the work.

Love Pecil's BSB, I have Saint's Cross at R3 and his SSB already, so it'll complete the package (but my IV synergy is super good, so there's a point against it). Lightning's and Celes' I'd love to get if only because my synergy in both of those realms is poor.

Phase 1 is already looking great, hope I can scrounge up enough Mythril for more than 1 pull or I may have regrets.

Also i know who Ayame is for the FF11 sprites but who the heck is the other character? I played FF11 like 6 years and can't tell. :(

Curilla, commander of the Temple Knights in San d'Oria!

WarAdept

In just over 9 hours, the banners for BSBfest will be released (hopefully).

I'm giddy with excitement
of getting 0/44 with my 200 mithril.

Vex_

Banned
How is this game in comparison to ffeXVIus?

Too grindy?

This thread has a lot of posts so it must be good! But I dont have much memory left on my mobile (need a new sd card :c) trying to figure out if it is worth it.

I realy like eXVIus and am out of NRG there, so I need something else to play.

WarAdept

How is this game in comparison to ffeXVIus?

Too grindy?

This thread has a lot of posts so it must be good! But I dont have much memory left on my mobile (need a new sd card :c) trying to figure out if it is worth it.

I realy like eXVIus and am out of NRG there, so I need something else to play.

It's hard to compare right now since FFRK has been out for over a year and has a ginormous amount of content, but I feel that RK's endgame is much better than what I've played/seen of the current endgame of BE (the damage creep was insane from the get go and looks only to get much worse).

RK has all the nostalgia going for it with the battle system and art based off FF6's, with all the original soundtracks of all the games. It's basically reliving scenarios of past games and doing remixes of them for the hardest content. BE is completely new though, with an original story, cutscenes and characters.

Right now, I feel that BE is more grindy with little to gain from it. We will see what Gumi does in the future to alleviate it.

I play both pretty religiously, and I'm enjoying both so far. Just keep in mind, if you're going to dive into RK, it's going to be hilariously easy for a decent amount of time due the fact DeNA wants new players to play catch up by giving you multiple options to steamroll past the oldest content. Shouldn't take too long until it starts to ramp up in difficulty and start thinking about how to complete stuff.

Vex_

Banned
It's hard to compare right now since FFRK has been out for over a year and has a ginormous amount of content, but I feel that RK's endgame is much better than what I've played/seen of the current endgame of BE (the damage creep was insane from the get go and looks only to get much worse).

RK has all the nostalgia going for it with the battle system and art based off FF6's, with all the original soundtracks of all the games. It's basically reliving scenarios of past games and doing remixes of them for the hardest content. BE is completely new though, with an original story, cutscenes and characters.

Right now, I feel that BE is more grindy with little to gain from it. We will see what Gumi does in the future to alleviate it.

I play both pretty religiously, and I'm enjoying both so far. Just keep in mind, if you're going to dive into RK, it's going to be hilariously easy for a decent amount of time due the fact DeNA wants new players to play catch up by giving you multiple options to steamroll past the oldest content. Shouldn't take too long until it starts to ramp up in difficulty and start thinking about how to complete stuff.

Thanks for this!

I am so ready for these Soul Breakout Banners. The preview of the first one already looks really amazing.

But almost more so, I'm very anxious about finally finding out if we're getting the Mobius collab or not. I'm feeling pretty good about it, but I'm still a bit on edge waiting for the official confirmation.

The Big Bridge event and BSBFest both start Saturday.
Great. I am still around for phase 1. I also find out I'll be missing two opportunities to pull a wall (as the FFXIV event happens while I'm away).

Anyway the rest of the banners are out:
http://bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html
That banner 4 nerf (in Japan IIRC it had Platinum Sword, SG and Vega 42)

Also Mobius banners are not translated=likely skipped* (sorry Hours Left). Maybe Garland and Sarah could be thrown into a random event like Edward, Firion and Mog were, have their relics clog up the next festival and then take months to get MCs despite hall of rites...or maybe global will have a hall of rites that actually gets updated more than once in a blue moon.

*-Neither is Dissidia Collab for that matter. Poor ExDeath and Golbez. Though FFXII is the last translated banner and Dissidia villains is after that but if Dissidia heroes is untranslated it is unlikely.

Mobius banners weren't translated. :/ (Nor were the Dissidia banners.)

I'm not giving up on them just yet, as neither game has been released in the west yet, so perhaps they're just waiting until they can align with their English releases, but it still is disappointing to know we might possibly miss out on so much content.

Damn, and I thought phase 1 looked good. Phases 3, 4, and 5 all look amazing. I'm conflicted on where to spend my mythril... maybe 50 on 3 & 4 each and 150 on 5.

Kain

Man, those are some good banners, my plan is to spend 50 in each and 100 in 4. I have 270 mythril now, I hope between the logins, events and whatnot we get 30 more in the next week or so or I'll be pissed
xD

Banner 4 might not be as broken as in jp, but it's still the best (at least for me).

Dragner

The banners are terrible for me. I wont be pulling. Maybe I pull once for Tidus banner and thats it. Ill go ham on Adult Rydia 1.

If I don't have native wall, is it better to pull for phase 5 (SG). OR Tyro's BSB?

The terminology is significantly different (casts she'll and protect vs raises resistance and defense) that I'm not sure which is better.

Also wish I had more mythril. I'll likely only have 100 mythril by phase 3

If I don't have native wall, is it better to pull for phase 5 (SG). OR Tyro's BSB?

The terminology is significantly different (casts she'll and protect vs raises resistance and defense) that I'm not sure which is better.

Also wish I had more mythril. I'll likely only have 100 mythril by phase 3

Wall > shout> Tyro bssb

Ok so if I already have shout (along with Greg SSB and Agrias SSB). The focus should be on banner 5.

Thanks!

Yeah wall is a massive boost to defense and resistance that also stacks with shellga and protectega but the latter can be honed or appear as effects in other sbs, as of right now only 2 characters can activate the all powerful wall.

I'd say SG. A wall is almost mandatory in U/U+ fights and having one in party grants you more flexibility in choosing a RW. Also, while 2 casts of a Wall is typically enough, it's definitely nice to be able to to cast a 3rd on longer fights.

MiTYH

Alright, so as a somewhat new player (~30 days), and as someone who's overwhelmed by these banners, I'm guessing this Saturday is the day to go all out in pulling?

Tidd

Guess I will pull on Banner 1, 3 and 4.

My hopes:
  • A better medica than Aeris' reraise and Selphie's trabia light
  • Shout
  • a single target damage SSB since every SSB I have is multi-target
  • A BSB
  • NO Genji Blade or Peacemaker

My expectations
0/11 on every banner because of the last fest which was insane for me

Alright, so as a somewhat new player (~30 days), and as someone who's overwhelmed by these banners, I'm guessing this Saturday is the day to go all out in pulling?

Saturday is Phase 1. They change phases every couple of days. You'll probably want to focus on Phase 4 and 5 since they have the greatest number of damage boosting relics and damage mitigation relics.

What I think are notable relics in these 2 phases:
Platinum Sword, Genji Blade, Sorceress's Crown, Platinum Shield, Yoichi's Bow, Sage's Staff, Sentinel's Grimoire, Kaiser Shield, Grand Armor, Golden Armor.

You can find out more about their effects in the Soul Break section of this PDF.

Putting aside my feelings about no Mobius or Dissidia (yet, as I'm gonna keep holding on since it wouldn't make sense to have those events before their corresponding games are available in English, so hopefully they're just pushed back like The Big Bridge event was), the Fest banners are really quite something.

I only have three relics total that are featured, and all of them are on different banners. While my two most sought after banners (#1 & #4) have no doubles for me at all. I'm definitely doing an 11 pull on #1 & #4, probably an 11 pull on #3, a 3 pull on #2, and maybe a 3 pull on #5. If all goes well I'll still have over 100 Mythril left over, but that leaves me a bit of cushion if I want to do some additional pulls. (I would like to do a few pulls on the second FFX banner also.)

We're out of maintenance. Ninja nerf at high magic (softcap introduced?), White Mage default soul break description text fixed (which means it has been wrong for over a year :O no mythril :( ), clear cache option added, record sphere daily log in (10 days until 16th July...meaning I still won't get them all), hotmail fixed (no mythril :(), hall of rites updated (FFIII, VII, XIII events accounted for basically, hope global keeps this monthly update going)

For me

Banner 1 no relics I currently own and nothing I majorly want minus Celes' SSB maybe a 15 pull

Banner 2 have 2 relics (Edgar and Sabin) and nothing I majorly want seems like a hard skip

Banner 3 own 2 relics (Yuffie and seifer) quiet a bit I want (Tyro, selphie, yuna, shadow) so probably a 50 pull here

Banner 4 own 4 relics (ramza, Gilgamesh, agrias, basch) With quiet a bit that I want (bartz, edea, vaan, faris) my desire to pull here is tempered by the fact I own all the major items already minus Bartz's bssb dunno what I'll do

Banner 5 own 0 relics and a lot I want (Basically everything minus Eiko) could see myself doing 2-3 pulls here

But I have no mythril :( fuck you Caius rip $$$

Entropia

No One Remembers
How does this new feature work exactly?

I selected Vivi, and then I could choose between Red Mage, Black Mage and Bard???

How come I can only choose between a small pool of heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom