• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

At the softcap Phantasm will still do a little under 7k with NIN damage RM. And softcapping Tyro or a Ninja still isn't super easy.

Just looked up the mathcraft, yeah it's still good. Especially since Ninja abilities have crazy fast cast times.

Rydia Banner 1 is making me rethink my mithril spending for BSB fest. Damn those are some good relics.

Beat Neo Bahamut with my last cast of Shiva

This is by far the hardest nightmare had to convert down some major summon orbs to hone up ultros and alexander enough to help win the fight.

2 Major Fire Orbs for Cid's Mission U+... Really? MFO? Will try for the challenge but talk about useless.

On another note, my second Wyvern Claw on a 100 gems pull in 3 pulls and probably about the 12th from 100 gems. This is even more unlikely than how unlucky I am with those pulls. A middle finger should pop out instead of a Wyvern Claw, I would feel less insulted.

Have fun with the mission guys!

2 Major Fire Orbs for Cid's Mission U+... Really? MFO? Will try for the challenge but talk about useless.

On another note, my second Wyvern Claw on a 100 gems pull in 3 pulls and probably about the 12th from 100 gems. This is even more unlikely than how unlucky I am with those pulls. A middle finger should pop out instead of a Wyvern Claw, I would feel less insulted.

If it makes you feel any better my 100 gems was the same crappy 3* ff7 bangle I got this morning in my free pull :|

Gonna beat BFA with the a team before making the hack job ffx team since I want to get a feel for it before I have to do it with only a shared medica.

WarAdept

I'm all for more MFO. Considering all the current 5* abilities available in Japan, a total of 228 MFO is needed to hone all the abilities that require it to R3 from now till then in Global. Obviously it's heavily dependent if you actually want to use those abilities, but I think they're all good bar one (Titan).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJ_j6xwaO7PhPFLPbuRgkaHdr3DwxkRD-KhL65uZmi0/edit#gid=1277673587

Ultimate Yunalesca mastery party:

hNbdsqQ.png

I had to retry once because I vastly underestimated Yunalesca's weak phase. The Holy spam is absurd so this time I had Luneth use the Emerald Bracer to get Shellga up as the boss transitioned into the weak phase. Otherwise, I'd get overwhelmed by the AoE Holy that's used every other turn (with regular Holy in between). I should've brought a group cure but I am empty on stamina and didn't want to wait until tomorrow with a reformed party. I really recommend using a Full Runic RW if you don't have one yourself, because it absorbs the early Drains and the constant Holy.

Now to throw myself at Super Jecht before calling it a night. Going to try an FF10 party first to see how it goes.

Beat the two ultimates with this team. I decided to do a 3 pull on the first of the new banners because my natural 5 star ffx gear was severely lacking. I super lucked and got the Auron SSB and a bracer.

13524551_10154958266013989_8176336593571888096_n.jpg

No medals lost on either boss but I did have to save load on yunalesca 3 times because her speed is insane at the end of that battle. Like wtf be prepared for that. Gilgamesh's SSB with the regen came in handy for clearing SAP off the first part though.

I'll try to do the ffx team thing for the cid mission but out look does not look good lol

I decided to do a 3 pull on the first of the new banners because my natural 5 star ffx great was severely lacking. I super lucked and got the Auron SSB and a bracer.

No medals lost on either boss but I did have to save load on yunalesca 3 times because her speed is insane at the end if that battle. Like wtf be prepared for that. I'll try to do the ffx team thing for the cid mission but out look does not look good lol

With that SSB your outlook is way better than most of us I think.

I mastered Ultimate and Ultimate + first try, was not too hard. However, I don't even think that I want to try the Cid's Mission. Without being able to reduce his attack further than Power Breakdown and Full Break, I think that he will utterly destroy me with just a shared Medica... I have no good SB for this fight. Jecht's Rush for maybe a few good Stun and Tidus Slice and Dice for not so good damage. Lulu's focus won't be of much help here.

However, banner 3 from BSB Fest comes out on the 29th and the event ends of the 30th. I plan to do 2 pulls on banner 3 so I might get HotF the day before event ends if I am lucky! Oh I just realized there is also Flexible Arm on the same banner for Rikku that can reduce ATK too!

Balphon

Easiest ultimates in awhile. I'll probably try the cid mission tomorrow sometime, but I'm not optimistic. My FFX synergy remains awful despite a decent bit of spending on FFX banners.

I'd like to reiterate that it really sucks that they decided to put the holy weak boss in a realm with no knights.

Kenai

Will do a 11 pull on banner 1 and possibly an 11 pull on Banner 4 (I have Plat Sword but could use literally everything else), Might skip the rest entirely. I can't pass up 4 FF6 SBs i don't have, but then FF14 will roll around, and FF4 banner 1 not long after.

Ultimate+ Super Jecht (Cid Mission):

Soulbreaks used: Hymn of the Fayth, Shellga (Emerald Bracer)

I only got Expert due to losing three party members at the last minute. Missed a speed, two damage, and a KO medal. With Magic Break and Full Break, Ultimate Jecht Shot does about 2.2k damage, which can be rebounded with Hymn of the Fayth pretty easily. The problem is when his Reaper slows both Braska and Yuna at a bad time, which is how I lost over half of my party in the final stretch. I should be able to master this with an outlander party pretty easily.

And this is the mastery party:

Soulbreaks used: Hymn of the Fayth, Soothing Light, Apocalypse Shield, Boon, and Earth Ward

Easily mastered with one damage medal lost. Agrias RW brings Ultimate Jecht Shot down to about 1.5k on top of the other breaks. I dealt with Reaper by countering it with multiple Hastega SBs instead of bringing Haste itself. The holy damage from Banishing Strike allows Ingus to charge meter pretty quickly. I should've given Yuna Diaga because she probably could've capped it with her +19 level advantage over Arc. Having two healers made this a very safe fight and both of them got to use their offense a lot.

Anustart

Yunalesca might be possible for me if silence lasted longer than half a turn :/

Nice tip dr mog, get her silenced early to protect yourself! Or, equip everyone with nothing but silence buster if you want her silenced for longer than 30 seconds total :/

Oh well, maybe next year I can clear an ultimate. Pointless to try.

Whelp, I did it! After like a hour of save loading and fine tuning! Cid mission ffx party complete. Honestly the two major orbs you get for this are not worth the trouble, but if you have nothing better to do its a neat challenge I guess.

13508937_10154958642953989_2585333735953690974_n.jpg

This was my squad,

13537660_10154958643023989_7838189947481813960_n.jpg

I decided to blow my orbs on the power chain/ full charge so Tidus could be useful. Sure as hell couldnt have accomplished this without it! I mean, damn thats actually a really powerful combo for a char that I have no Soul Break for.

Yuna would heal but I tried to get as many Diagas in as I could as they were doing around 8300 in damage. Definitely helped me succeed.

Auron spammed his SSB as much as possible and it did wonders. Very thankful I have this thing.

Rikku would Power steal on occasion and I
tried to Dismissal spam. Only worked twice on my successful run but I'm sure it helped. I totally forgot I had her SB that is like a weaker boostga, but I didnt use it because I didnt want to overwrite shout.

Wakka I gave my knife that has a shared Soul Break of Protectga on it. THen I'd just full break and armor breakdown the boss till the end. He was the only one who died but he did his job.

I didn't lose a single medal somehow. I was quite surprised. I cant say I'll be able to complete future Cid missions, I honestly feel like only the whales will complete them all. But I feel like thats what the cid missions are for. This was the first Ultimate in like half a year I didn't use a Wall relic for. I forgot these things were even possible without them.

greyshark

Yunalesca might be possible for me if silence lasted longer than half a turn :/

Nice tip dr mog, get her silenced early to protect yourself! Or, equip everyone with nothing but silence buster if you want her silenced for longer than 30 seconds total :/

Oh well, maybe next year I can clear an ultimate. Pointless to try.

Being Silencega on a high MND character instead - it will stick much longer.

WarAdept

Get rekt Jecht! Mastered the Cid mission! Once again, highly honed abilities saved my ass in doing this, due to no noteworthy Soul Breaks on my X characters, other than Yuna managing to squeeze in the Precious Watch's shared Medica.

Tidus comes out of the shadows with the ridiculous FC/PC combo and Rikku self healing herself to give Yuna a break. Wakka and Auron are delegated break spammers, with Auron using a RM that does Holy damage to satisfy the requirement. Although by accident I equipped the Mind based Holy RM attack. Whoops.

PFOuRYy.jpg

I didn't lose a single medal somehow. I was quite surprised.

I'm calling bullshit on that one. Reaper does 1k to the entire party with Protectga up. His Jecht Beam does 2k damage to a single target with Shellga up (up to 4k on low-RES characters), and you only brought a +50% RES. His Ultimate Jecht Shot does 1.5-2.5k to the entire party and is DEF piercing. I brought in a party that was doing 8k-20k damage per action, fully Hastega'd, and full mitigation and he still takes a damage medal from me.

Balphon

Ended up doing the Cid Mission with these guys:

n0ZHLdZl.png

Took a dozen or so tries. Pretty RNG-heavy due to my lack of offense (and the inability to use Saint Cross/Banishing Strike, yes I'm still bitter). Would have been basically impossible without Shout.

Actually mastered it with 2 damage medals lost, but it'd be hard to avoid mastering it unless nearly everyone died right at the end.

Wazzy

Banned
Easy questions for the quiz. I'm finally at 200 mythril and haven't finished the two events currently going on so saving for Seifer banner should be okay.

I'm calling bullshit on that one. Reaper does 1k to the entire party with Protectga up, which you didn't bring. His Jecht Beam does 2k damage to a single target with Shellga up (up to 4k on low-RES characters), and you only brought a +50% RES. His Ultimate Jecht Beam does as much damage as his regular one, except to the entire party. He has DEF piercing attacks. I brought in a party that was doing 8k-20k damage per action, fully Hastega'd, and full mitigation and he still takes a damage medal from me.

I did have protectga up through the shared SB on a dagger. Also, the jecht beams were my demise since I purposely ignored any magic damage mitigation. All the save loads later and in my successful run I didn't get pelted by any of them. Lucky break. I also got the defense pierce attack done on me at the end but it did around 1600 to everyone I think because I was lowering his attack so much with Auron SSB, power steal, and full break.

I did have protectga up through the shared SB on a dagger. Also, the jecht beams were my demise since I purposely ignored any magic damage mitigation. All the save loads later and in my successful run I didn't get pelted by any of them. Lucky break. I also got the defense pierce attack done on me at the end but it did around 1600 to everyone I think because I was lowering his attack so much with Auron SSB, power steal, and full break.

He uses Ultimate Jecht Shot twice at a minimum, so that's 3.2k damage to the entire party, and three times if you can't dump his last 10% within a single turn. That 3.2k alone is about half of a damage medal. I don't believe you.

He uses Ultimate Jecht Shot twice at a minimum, so that's 3.2k damage to the entire party, and three times if you can't dump his last 10% within a single turn. That 3.2k alone is almost half of a damage medal. I don't believe you.

I don't know what to tell ya. I definitely saw full medals at the end. Was as surprised as you seem to be. I honestly can't remember if he even did two Jecht shots though. Is it possible a dismassal could stop him from doing one of those attacks? Maybe that's what happened.

Czarcasm

Has anyone else been having issues with Record Materia not dropping? I've been running the same party for like 2 weeks now and I've gotten none of their RMs yet.

Balphon

If you damage BFA extremely quickly you could probably kill him before he uses Ultimate Jecht Shot more than once, but it'd take a little luck.

WarAdept

There's something euphoric about doing the Cid Mission for BFA with Jecht's Theme rocking in the background. I haven't had a rush in FFRK like this in a while.

Bring on more Cid Missions!
Full Charge/Powerchain is so good.

Falk

that puzzling face
but it'd be hard to avoid mastering it unless nearly everyone died right at the end.

9kQIkT3l.jpg

maIODUol.png

Another one to add to the list ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ultimate+s are definitely going to be a lot more interesting now that many of them are tuned for Cid Missions e.g. all or 2/3 Trinity isn't nearly as mandatory due to fight design (BFA bypassing DEF/RES for example)

WarAdept

The game is so much better for it. At least there's multiple hastegas and boostagas now so people actually have a shot and grabbing those, but having SG or SSII as a requirement for every endgame fight is silly.

So much fun, I love 1 stam fights.

MiTYH

So assuming I've got 200 mythril, started about a month ago and have basically 3 good units, which is the best banner to pull in? 4 and 5 buy the sounds of it?

That was maybe the easiest U+ yet. Full medals with no S/L. Time to try the Cid Mission.
edit: Nobody from FFX can use Saint's Cross? Boo.
edit 2: Done.
Shout RW
This fight has convinced me to hone Thief's Revenge sooner rather than later.

c-murph

Finally beat all the Expert Stages and up to 316 Mythril. I'm ready for the 'fest~!

So once you finish all the stages you only have 164 Stamina and 4 / 5 pieces? Why not end it off with 165 stamina?

Yunalesca was a pain. She just moves so fast in her third phase. Got mastery but I must have S/L 10+ times.

Braska's final aeon was so easy compared to the difficulty I had with Yunalesca. I'll chick it up to not being able to use banishing strike and other heavily honed holy attacks.

Not sure if I had fun or not doing Cid's Mission, mostly not because it was very RNG dependent but it was satisfying when the final run went well. Did not take too many runs, though. I had 2 shared Medica but they were healing for so little that I was just better curing with Braska and hoping for a Double Cast. In the end, I never even used a SB on anyone. PC+FC combo is very strong...

F1AQCCv.jpg

Now I have Saint's Cross, Power Chain, Full Charge and Bahamut at R3. My Thief's Revenge is R2, at 14/40 of the Major Wind Orbs required to R3 it, that's the next goal. I am kind of happy that we are hitting a period of drought in new good 5* abilities as my Major Orbs are now mostly depleted for Wind (14) and Power (44).

Falk

that puzzling face
For what it's worth dependency does shift off being wind and power heavy over the next quarter or so.

(Not saying to stop farming them in the interim, any r4 5* is going to see heavy use, esp. stuff like Powerchain)

The free daggers sb hit for 6k+ with wakka under shout and bfa under full break. Fun battle despite not having any x ssbs, the two swords katana dagger and hotf were good enough to seal the deal.

My 5 star ability list
R3
Meteor
Flare
Tornado strike
Bahamut
Full charge
Saints cross

R2
Full break
Multi break
Thiefs revenge

Goal: get tr to r3 and power chain from r1 to r3. Lots of wind and power orbs. Tornado strike really consumed my stash, but that thing massacred all of the recent multi set bosses, so no regrets.

For what it's worth dependency does shift off being wind and power heavy over the next quarter or so.

(Not saying to stop farming them in the interim, any r4 5* is going to see heavy use, esp. stuff like Powerchain)

That's good to know, thanks! Being caught up on content, there is rarely something better to do than farming dailies anyway. It's where to put my refresh for next Orb Fest (if I refresh any) that I am unsure. Will need to look at future abilities and all that.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull on the first FFX banner got me a 5* SB-less generic FFIX Adamant Vest -_-. It's kind of funny because I have practically no FF9 synergy despite pulling on multiple FF9 banners, but not like this. Better than nothing at least though, that's for sure.

Also at this point what kind of stock are we putting in there possibly being no orbfest to coincide with banners? They're not showing up on the server yet, and folks are speculating that it's a bit too early for the Global timeline and we may get it in a few weeks instead. It would actually be kind of awesome to not have to decide to throw mythril at one or the other at the same time.

I too am surprised at how the majority of my 5* pulls have been from 100 gems. Lately that began to shift finally but I was considering doing single pulls for a while. RNG will RNG.

ZangBa

Yunalesca is some real bullshit. I brought Silence Shell which I guess was a bad idea since silence wore near the beginning of phase 3, and I forgot to bring a different healer, so I had heavy regen. Didn't even matter since she never used Mega Death even once through about 6 S/L's. All of my fails were from mind blast confusing at least 3 damn people, WTF. Glad that's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom