• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

I have no idea how I could master Yunalesca with three dead people but there you go. Jecht I will wait a little until my team is stronger.

So, ready for disappointment with the fest, people? In all the banners I have only two relics and I'm totally expecting to get dupes xD

WarAdept

I have no idea how I could master Yunalesca with three dead people but there you go. Jecht I will wait a little until my team is stronger.

So, ready for disappointment with the fest, people? In all the banners I have only two relics and I'm totally expecting to get dupes xD

I'm most disappointed that there's no Orbfest. I want to mithril refresh for Orbs, not spin the RNG lottery.

Saerk

Squeaked by to complete BFA Cid Mission. Only SB of note I had was Tidus' SSB the rest of the team used shared medicas or nothing. Took my around 7 tries to finally win. I had 3 synergy weapons. The free dagger and two Tidus swords.

Team was
Tidus R3 Power Chain, R2 Full Charge, SSB, +20% Sword Dmg
Auron R4 Magic Break, R4 Armor Break, Rebel's Might
Yuna R3 Shellga, R4 Diaga, Shared Medica (FFIV Bracelet), FFV +holy dmg rod, 20% Holy Dmg
Braska R2 Protega, R5 Curaja, Shared Medica (FFIV Bracelet), Dr. Mog's Teaching
Wakka, R2 Full Break, R4 Power Breakdown, +20% Dagger Dmg

RW Shout

Yuna did ~8.5k dmg with Diaga. Probably would have been more if I used a +MND RM instead of +20% Holy Dmg. Power chain is really nice to combo into Full Charge and a SSB. I'd bet Tidus did 40% of the total damage. I wanted to squeeze in Alexander, but I couldn't find a spot for him. His 4 casts might have fit with Yuna in place of Diaga, but I'm not sure she wouldn't have been just twiddling her thumbs a bunch.

Anustart

Thought the fest started tomorrow? Thought there would be an announcement?

Edit: Spoke too soon. But am i reading this right? This big bridge event. Are a lil the bosses ultimate? If so I won't be able to complete a single one.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Well I haven't had too much trouble with the nightmare bosses until now. I see everyone on reddit saying how easy it is but they have either native SG or Garnet's SSB or both. I've mostly tried it while taking SG as my RW but I feel like I need a hastega too. :(

Credo

After looking at the draw schedule, it looks like it's all stages 1, 2, and 3 for me since I'm lacking a healing AoE. Good luck to everyone who got screwed over on the platinum sword a couple of months ago!

I was thinking about maybe doing one paid 11 pulls for the banner 1 tomorrow. Didn't check Canadian price in a while... 41.39$! I am doubting that I would even pay that if I was guaranteed Excalibur IV and Relm's SSB...

c-murph

I was thinking about maybe doing one paid 11 pulls for the banner 1 tomorrow. Didn't check Canadian price in a while... 41.39$! I am doubting that I would even pay that if I was guaranteed Excalibur IV and Relm's SSB...

Welcome to Canada bro! Where $40 bucks gets you the excitement of pulling on one banner. Oh, there's also that 1% chance of getting something useful. But hey, you gotta play to win!

Yeah, I feel shitty enough buying a $12 pack of 9 gems every month to play on Single banner pull that I really have no interest in --- just in case I might get something useful. It's basically another form of gambling and fucking over people with addictions.

B.K.

I've almost quit paying the dollar for the 100 gem pulls since the Tactics event. I don't want to give DeNA money. I've spent way too much money on the game. I've thought about giving away my account, but I don't know how to give it away without the other person getting your Google information.

MKAllDay

I've almost quit paying the dollar for the 100 gem pulls since the Tactics event. I don't want to give DeNA money. I've spent way too much money on the game. I've thought about giving away my account, but I don't know how to give it away without the other person getting your Google information.

What happened during the Tactics event? I started playing after that.

c-murph

What happened during the Tactics event? I started playing after that.

Apparently, Everyone was hyped about the Ramza's Platinum Sword which contained the Legendary Shout Ability (Party Haste + 50% Atk Boost). Apparently, DeNA caught word of everyone's excitement and the allegedly lowered the drop rate for the item. Some doods at reddit like tallied everything up and the drop rate just didn't add up or something. Caused a huge backlash against the company.

Anustart

Yeah the price for buying stuff in this game is just bonkers. No way I'd pay 30 to 40 bucks for a single 11 pull.

Balphon

Thought the fest started tomorrow? Thought there would be an announcement?

Edit: Spoke too soon. But am i reading this right? This big bridge event. Are a lil the bosses ultimate? If so I won't be able to complete a single one.

The bosses (8 of them) all have regular (45-99 difficulty) and ultimate (140-160 difficulty) stages.

Anustart

Saw the phases. Guess gonna have to wait til phase 4 and 5. Is there even anything good in the first 3?

Really need that platinum sword and sentinel grimoire...

greyshark

Pulled on Braska 1 because my X synergy was so bad and got Rikku's relic - literally the only one I had no use for. I couldn't even figure a good way to get her in my party for the Cid mission (Braska was doing more damage with Alexander than Rikku was with a fully boosted TR). Mastered without her - 50 mythril down the drain. Oh well - still have enough for 5 pulls in BSB fest.

ZangBa

CM wasn't too bad. Braska MVP with the 9999 Diaga casts. Didn't even have to hone any 5* Abilities, just used some 3-4* staples.

Negator

Apparently, Everyone was hyped about the Ramza's Platinum Sword which contained the Legendary Shout Ability (Party Haste + 50% Atk Boost). Apparently, DeNA caught word of everyone's excitement and the allegedly lowered the drop rate for the item. Some doods at reddit like tallied everything up and the drop rate just didn't add up or something. Caused a huge backlash against the company.

Slightly incorrect. The rates of the SSB items did not change, but they fucked around with the non SSB items. You still had the same chance to pull Platinum Sword, but the rates for Ramza armor/bracer and Agrias shield was reduced in favor of inflating the generic rate.

Razmos

Wasted so much stamina on the Jecht solo mission due to being killed too quickly before remembering about the Chakra ability. I'm so dumb, shows how much I've been neglecting my Monk characters (despite having great relics for Galuf, Tifa and Zell)

Solo missions are fun, I wish we had more of these

Kain

BFA hits like a wet noodle. When he starts doing ultimate Jecht shot the damage piles up, but then it's just a matter of spamming SBs. Easiest U+ so far for me. Ready for the big bridge!

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
>Has neither Shout or Wall
>Pulls on Banner 1 anyways

Seriously guys B1 is so amazing I cannot pass it up. I just hope I get at least one of Cecil/Celes/Mog/Gordon/Lightning's SBs, although I wouldn't be angry about Magitek or Wyrmfang.

greyshark

Anyone else not that excited about the consolation prizes on the BSB banners? Looking at Banner 1 again and I don't think I'd be happy with any of the relics outside the SSB's - and I already have a 6* Peacemaker. It's making me reconsider even pulling on it.

Anyone else not that excited about the consolation prizes on the BSB banners? Looking at Banner 1 again and I don't think I'd be happy with any of the relics outside the SSB's - and I already have a 6* Peacemaker. It's making me reconsider even pulling on it.

I see most of the banners as minefields and I am scared to pull. Some decisions are also baffling, like putting Red's SSB as a featured item for the second fest in a row. Edgar's Drill must be one of the relic appearing the most often ever.

Credo

I see most of the banners as minefields and I am scared to pull. Some decisions are also baffling, like putting Red's SSB as a featured item for the second fest in a row. Edgar's Drill must be one of the relic appearing the most often ever.

Having pulled 3 of them during the last round of multiple pulls, I can confirm that it's a nuisance.

Xetherion

Couldn't disagree more. I'd be happy with anything on Banner 1 except another Chocobo Brush since I already have one. Though I admit that Beatrix's and Vanille's would only be good for me because my synergy for their realms is lacking.

I also disagree. The only dud in the first set is Vanille's Wyrmfang, but that's still a group cura in a record I don't have one for. Every single item on this banner is something I can use, even if some are a lot better than others.

Falk

that puzzling face

Just to clarify (and I'm not condoning), it wasn't Platinum Sword, but two other items that had their rates reduced from 2% to 1% when compared with the Japanese banner from a few months prior.

And I'll just reiterate again that considering a completely different and completely unrelated item showed up midway through the banner as a 1% pull (Air Knife) I still maintain this was a severe display of incompetence on the Global team's part rather than sheer malice/business. Either that or that added item gaffe has to be the most subtle red herring of all time in mobage history.

Slightly incorrect. The rates of the SSB items did not change, but they fucked around with the non SSB items. You still had the same chance to pull Platinum Sword, but the rates for Ramza armor/bracer and Agrias shield was reduced in favor of inflating the generic rate.

edit: i'm slow

figures

cuz i have no hastega relic

Falk

that puzzling face
Burst Soul Breaks seem like the ultimate catchup tool since they (partially, at the very least) short circuit the immediate need for honed 5* abilities for sustained DPS, and utility in some cases.

In terms of raw damage output they aren't the sharp jump that SBs to SSBs were, nor the sharp stat jump from 5*s to 6*s/OSB.

I decided to enter the Dual Lifesiphon Club and I'm really embarrassed that I waited this long.

Yunalesca got microwaved with Beatrix and Auron Super Soul Breaks. Area Holy? MISS! Area Holy? MISS!

greyshark

Couldn't disagree more. I'd be happy with anything on Banner 1 except another Chocobo Brush since I already have one. Though I admit that Beatrix's and Vanille's would only be good for me because my synergy for their realms is lacking.

I also disagree. The only dud in the first set is Vanille's Wyrmfang, but that's still a group cura in a record I don't have one for. Every single item on this banner is something I can use, even if some are a lot better than others.

Maybe this is more because my personal relic situation:

Thunder Glove: I already have Beatrix's SSB, so I have no need for this
Kefka's Cloak: Have a MAG+ SB and a Hastega SB (Sazh and Quistis), so while nice I don't really need this
Heroic Scarf: Good relic, not a fan of Mog however
Wyrmfang: Nope
Flame Shield: I had misread this as a DEF/RES debuff (which I already have w/Faris), I could definitely make use of this one

Only 1 out of the 5 supporting relics interest me - but I will admit Beatrix and Kefka both offer good relics here. Still not sure if I'll pull - especially with the BSB coming back so soon.

ccbfan

Looking through the bssb list nothing in there is really game changing for me.

My main characters are

Pecil(ssb)
Agrias(ssb)
Fran(ssb)
Firion(ssb)
Shadow(ssb)
Tyro(sg)
Vanille(protectaga medica)

Depending on battle I switch in and out but my main is usually firion, pecil, shadow,tyro and vanille. Shadow is a dps God with nothing but lifesiphons.

Also have eiko ssb, Penelo medica, quistis ssb , yuffie medica, and Seph ssb.

My biggest weakness is I have a low tier Healer medica and relm ssb would be amazing.

I've had no trouble with any ultimates and the only nightmares I havent done are hone check ones whose rewards are currently useless.

There's a major power creep coming soon with utility bssb, osb, guaranteed 5*, new beginner banner which I rather pull on. Others than Cecil bssb these look pretty mediocre and his bssb come in a better banner soon.

Unless proven otherwise might just pull an 11 once and continue saving. Probably phase 1 or 4.

BFA hits like a wet noodle. When he starts doing ultimate Jecht shot the damage piles up, but then it's just a matter of spamming SBs. Easiest U+ so far for me. Ready for the big bridge!
I noticed that with this no wall, no heal Cid mission run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQGg1XWSjA
Hones and en-holy SB aside seeing this kind of run makes me hope I can find some time tomorrow to try it (if I don't do Cid mission I have Basch and Knight's best friend; Platinum Shield...why can't Yuna or Braska equip shields?). Bloody close but that what makes it cool to see.

Some players also suggest using the defend command against ultimate Jecht shot (the person who gets him into overdrive still gets janked).

MrDaravon

I've got no BSBs or Hastegas, but I do have a native Medica (Yuna) and Wall (SG). I'm currently thinking two pulls on Banner 1 unless I get either Excalibur on the first pull, then either one or two pulls on Banner 4 & 5. Celes and Terra are bae so that partly influences my choices for sure, but banner 2 doesn't interest me and banner 3 is the only one where I have a bunch of the relics already. I only have one item on banners 1, 4 & 5 so that hedges my bets a bit.

As an aside, I keep forgetting that I even have the Apocalypse shield; if I have barely any notable physical offensive SB' s (Lightning's SSB is the only one that comes to mind) is it worth trying to even slot Basch in if I already have a native wall? Most of the time I've just been using a BSB RW. Maybe with Full Charge + Chainstarter it would be worth it to bring him + Lightning since I have her at 80 with my only SSB?

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a rhythm you can get prior to the weak state where you get him into overdrive, he does that grabby move for something stupid like 300 damage, and then you get him into overdrive again, rinse repeat.

hesho

rant mode on..

geez... i can't do the ultimate + at all... not because i am too weak.. but because the battle lags my tablet like CRAZY

I will make sure to read the list of relics for every banner I don't plan to pull on. Don't want to miss another 50% refund like when Sazh's gun was mistakenly on the list.

Less than an hour to go and I have a sinking feeling of dread. Either I'm going to be 0/44 for this fest or I'm going to do well but get run over by a bus next week'

Shadow780

First 10-pull, probably it for me I really need SG going to save for that:

/Falkface

PZvVFY3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom