• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, did I win?

Cl1suWYUYAE-AF_.jpg

100 gems got me nothing, cult of 3 got me Relm's brush which is my first high medica relic and gives me the option of subbing out y'sholta for relm and going with wall as a RM instead (normally I use y'sholta with Nat wall and medium medica and a RM of a high medica). The level advantage is meaningless with Y'sholta's mc2 around the corner (and her being capped at 65 has never been a limiting factor)

Did 2 11 pulls and got 2 wyrmfangs and Pecils Excalibur. My Pecil sword collection is now up to date again. Now I only 50 mythril left to put into a banner.

Well, I guess I'm going to get hit by a bus. This already makes up for my 1/55 run during the last fest. I got two of the items I wanted most (one of which I get to combine to red-tier), and I'm not mad at all about that Heroic Scarf (FF6 Cid missions and Ice Resist). This is my second SSB and for one of my favorite characters--I can barely contain my squeals. Did this on my first pull too, so I have mythril to spare on the next banners. I plan to do 1-2 on Banner 3, and possibly one on Banner 4. Saving 50 mythril for FF14, though.... maybe.

Anustart

Bah. Feel in the mood to pull, but nothing there that remotely helps me. Maybe Celes is good, the burst looks lame. But with beatrix glove in there, ill get 4 of them in 1 pull like I did during the 9 event.

Edit: ugh, fucking knew it. 2 lame ass heroic scarfs and, whats that??? A thunder glove jesus fuck.

Talked myself into pulling first was 1 generic, mog's scarf and wyrmfang.

Then I said so much for SG and pulled agaIn (and for some reason imgur will not let me link the image if you are interested

Both excaliburs and kefka's cloak! Sounds like a win to me...

Two third trinity isn't so bad... Might still pull once on SG but this has been a win so far, as opposed to crushing disappointment

greyshark

With all the great pulls I'm seeing here I'm all but guaranteed to have a no 5* pull ;).

One-shotted Kefka Ultimate - he was really easy and did not hit that hard. Against Mog's advice I brought Beatrix anyway for SC - was doing 18k per use, was worth dealing with the counter.

Well, I guess I'm going to get hit by a bus. I got two of the items I wanted most and I'm not mad at all about that Heroic Scarf. Did this on my first pull too, so I have three more I can spread around if needed. I plan to do at least one more pull on Banner 3, and if I get something good on my first pull then I'll do another on Banner 4. While I can do a fourth pull, I'd rather hold on to that mythril for some upcoming events.
This is eerily close to my pull.

So Urm, how much of a damage boost is holy damage up (weapon), holy damage up (shield) and Enholy?

Elemental boosts are additive, so I believe it'll be 90% (50 + 20 + 20). Enholy provides a 80% boost to SB damage, though, so the BSB will get a 120% increase, unless there's a cap I don't know about.

With all the great pulls I'm seeing here I'm all but guaranteed to have a no 5* pull ;).

One-shotted Kefka Ultimate - he was really easy and did not hit that hard. Against Mog's advice I brought Beatrix anyway for SC - was doing 18k per use, was worth dealing with the counter.

Reporting bias is through the roof on here and Reddit or the planets all aligned and most people have crazy good pulls. It sends me the same message as you, if I pull I get 0 5*. Grats to all the great pulls here and sorry for the few who had bad luck, I might join the club as usual if I decide to pull. Still leaning toward saving my Banner 1 pulls for Rydia 1 since I already have Excalibur VI and Thunder Gloves.

Look at this from Reddit, haha!

greyshark

Reporting bias is through the roof on here and Reddit or the planets all aligned and most people have crazy good pulls. It sends me the same message as you, if I pull I get 0 5*. Grats to all the great pulls here and sorry for the few who had bad luck, I might join the club as usual if I decide to pull. Still leaning toward saving my Banner 1 pulls for Rydia 1 since I already have Excalibur VI and Thunder Gloves.

Look at this from Reddit, haha!

Of course you're right - I think I'm trying to convince myself not to pull. I really should wait for Rydia's banner - but I have all this mythril burning a hole in my pocket!

Anustart

Also kefka is impossible for me. Use magic! Or not because maxing out my fucking magic stat and hitting him with magic does 2k damage! Woo hoo! That's under faith. If my rw had 1000 uses,, and I honed up my spells to cast them 400 times each i might could do it!!

We are at the same point. I just talked with my wife comparing Banner 1 and Rydia 1 (talking out loud helps sometimes) and it makes way more sense for me to save some Mythrils for that one. I know that I plan to pull a few times between banner 3,4 and maybe 5 so I will be able to scratch the itch soon. Now I just try to resist not doing 3-4 single pulls on the banner...

Pulled Light-chan's SSB and Kefka's haste cloak. Neither seems to be enough to push them into my party.

It is nice to get another good ranged weapon and another good FFXIII weapon though.

Not only did I get the two worst five stars on the banner, they both have almost the exact same soul break. One has ATK/MAG down by 40% and the other is ATK/MAG down by 50%.

Gordon's shield is one of the best normal SBs in the game, The shield itself also has fire resist.

Pulled Light-chan's SSB and Kefka's haste cloak. Neither seems to be enough to push them into my party.

It is nice to get another good ranged weapon and another good FFXIII weapon though.

If you pull Kaiser sheild from banner 5, peacemaker's crushing blow becomes insanely powerful. Just keep that in mind if you are already planning on pulling banner 5.

MrDaravon

Went all in with my current mythril and did 3 pulls, all I got was fucking Kefka's cloak. I'd have to go back and check but I'm 99% sure I am 1/77 right now. Fuck this.

what's so special about rydia's banner anyway?

• Cecil BSB.
  • Kain SSB - Damage + gives instant jumps for next 3 attacks (can be combined with great Dragoon abilities for very good damage).
  • Rosa SSB - Curaga Medica + Magic Blink, like Selphie's Dreamstage but on a character that can use abilities like Wrath.
  • Edward - Hastega + 30% magic (so far all Hastega + magic have been 20%)
  • To a lesser extent, Dark Cecil SB is also good with Boostga + 35% damage (Cid's Mission and Dark Cecil can do some pretty amazing thing with Dark abilities).

Lots of people also lack IV synergy.

Went all in with my current mythril and did 3 pulls, all I got was fucking Kefka's cloak. I'd have to go back and check but I'm 99% sure I am 1/77 right now. Fuck this.

So sorry man. I will follow you soon when I decide to pull on a banner...

hesho

oh.. i thought it was something about rydia getting a good relic.. that makes more sense then.

edit: did 2 x 11 pulls and got relm's brush on first pull and on 2nd pull.. i pulled off banner 5*... wow........ just wow... it's a striking staff (VII).

Balphon

Spent 100 mythril and 100 gems and got 3 5*s: Wyrmfang (which I had), Mog's scarf and Gordon's shield.

Could've been better, could've been worse. Regardless, time for the revenge of #TeamGordon.

• To a lesser extent, Dark Cecil SSB is also good with Boostga + 35% damage (Cid's Mission and Dark Cecil can do some pretty amazing thing with Dark abilities).

Souleater is one of Drunk Cecil's normal SBs, not an SSB. It does pretty solid damage and the +35% Boostga is pretty great. I combine it with Apocalypse Shield (+30% ATK/DEF) instead of running a Shout RW. I run my Drunk Cecil with Sanguine Cross and Dark Bargain, and he's my highest steady DPS. I also have his Dark Sword and the +20% bonus on it puts him just a little behind a Powerchain + Full Charge combo, as long as Sanguine Cross isn't capping (which it frequently is... wish it did three hits instead of two).

MrDaravon

Yeah, just went back and checked as best as I'm able to, and I'm 1/77 on mythril pulls. Outside of maybe Lucky Draws I'm done spending any mythril on pulls until we get guaranteed 5*s on 11-pulls. I was going to give them fucking money for multiple 11-pulls on later banner phases too, fuck that.

Souleater is one of Drunk Cecil's normal SBs, not an SSB. It does pretty solid damage and the +35% Boostga is pretty great. I combine it with Apocalypse Shield (+30% ATK/DEF) instead of running a Shout RW. I run my Drunk Cecil with Sanguine Cross and Dark Bargain, and he's my highest steady DPS. I also have his Dark Sword and the +20% bonus on it puts him just a little behind a Powerchain + Full Charge combo, as long as Sanguine Cross isn't capping (which it frequently is... wish it did three hits instead of two).

Oh yea true, will edit! Thanks! :) Love what someone can do with D.Cecil!

Oh, wow. I assumed that Void Kefka had the same medal requirements as Big Bridge Kefka (only KO medals), so I didn't even bother checking. I brought all of the right stuff anyway (Flare on Terra and Saint Cross on Edgar), so it worked out. Besides, it only cost a single stamina if I'd messed it up. Easy fight--got to try out my new toys.

Did one 11-pull ....

Pecil's Excalibur, Relm's Brush, Bea's Thunder Gloves (dupe), and an Adamant Bangle (VII). My first BSSB!

Also, I haven't spent a single Rosetta Stone yet. Should I pimp out my Excalibur? Or hold them for later?

Goddamnit. Got Peacemaker and Chocobo Brush, literally the two banner items I needed the least. I have the exact same Relm medica with Yuna already and Peacemaker is ok but not something I have a dire need for. I literally wanted any Knight relic, even Rose of May would have been great as I desperately need a knight in my team.

The other pull goes for banner 4 so I'm out for this one.

WarAdept

Look at this shit. Look at this fucking shit. Happened multiple times during SSB/Tactics fest and now I'm experiencing the same shit here.

b8W9Yg6.jpg

Balphon

Did one 11-pull ....

Pecil's Excalibur, Relm's Brush, Bea's Thunder Gloves (dupe), and an Adamant Bangle (VII). My first BSSB!

Also, I haven't spent a single Rosetta Stone yet. Should I pimp out my Excalibur? Or hold them for later?

The conventional wisdom is that you should use them on a weapon with rarer item type (gun, katana, spear, etc.) since you're more likely to have a common item type (sword, dagger) with RS to use.

That said, the Excaliburs have the +20% holy damage property that makes them more valuable than usual in non-RS situations, so if you're going to use them on a sword that'd be the one to go with.

EDIT: Also don't forget that Rosetta Stones give item exp, so if you're going to use them do it before you upgrade the thing to save yourself some mats.

Yeah, just saw. And just pulled again... and got the worst relic of the bunch (Beatrix). Rip. lol

It's a party defense buff on a good character. 5* bracers have good stats, too. Don't overlook it.

Kefka's Cloak, Peacemaker, and 3(!) of Celes's Exaliburs. I really wanted Celes's SSB so I'm quite happy about that. Cecil's BSB and Relm's SSB would of been great, but I'm not doing any more pulls on this banner so they'll have to wait for another time. Now the wait for Banner 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom