• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a party defense buff on a good character. 5* bracers have good stats, too. Don't overlook it.
I have her SSB, so I guess I can use this if the boss is immune to Holy. And I wouldn't need to carry a Protectga I suppose.

Just was hoping for a better heal or that Celes relic that seems very useful.

Tempted to pull a third time, but I don't know if I really should. But then again, I don't really need anything else since Shout is so easy to RW these days.

To those who pulled Celes's SSB, congrats. It's a major game changer.

For example: It allowed me to completely master Yunalesca U, despite bringing Cecil and forgetting I can't use Holy element on her.

Mitigation + Celes SSB + Shout RW on Round 1, smooth sailing from there. Her Holy spam at the end served simply to keep Celes's abilities topped off.

Edit: Jwrecked!

I had to spend some eggs to level the team up, but once I did it was smooth sailing yet again. Heck, he only got off 1 Jecht Shot vs Tidus hitting 3 of them.

c-murph

For example: It allowed me to completely master Yunalesca U, despite bringing Cecil and forgetting I can't use Holy element on her.

Mitigation + Celes SSB + Shout RW on Round 1, smooth sailing from there. Her Holy spam at the end served simply to keep Celes's abilities topped off.

I had to spend some eggs to level the team up, but once I did it was smooth sailing yet again. Heck, he only got off 1 Jecht Shot vs Tidus hitting 3 of them.

How does the absorption thing work? Does she absorb one magic spell or multiple spells per turn? Yunalesca sometime fired off like 2-3 Holys in a row. Would Celes blade absorb all of those?

How does the absorption thing work? Does she absorb one magic spell or multiple spells per turn? Yunalesca sometime fired off like 2-3 Holys in a row. Would Celes blade absorb all of those?
Any individually cast single target spells will be absorbed, and even some boss exclusive AoE versions of singular spells. (Though just the ones that hit Celes, the other party members will still take damage.)

If any boss chain casts multiple single target spells, Celes (or Exdeath) will absorb all of them.

Anustart

Got me a 7 star thunder glove and 2 spares. That's how many fucking thunder gloves have been raining down on me.

Hopefully I can get back to 50 mythril for a go at plat sword or tyro tome. I need one of those to make any more progress in ultimates.

LucaMac

I had a very good first pull (Pencils BSSB, Crushing Blow, Kefkas Cloak and Wyrmfang) and it made me not care about not getting Celes' Excalibur...then I saw this post and now the rest of my mythril is gone and no more 5*s to show for it :(

Kain

200 mythril later I got 5 offbanner generic shit and at last Pecil's BSSB!

Saving the rest of the mythtril for banner 4, fuck the rest.

Kain

Oh man, Cecil hits like a damn truck with the BSSB, the burst is amazing.

Btw I just realized i got Mog's scarf among the rain of shit the first pulls, so, having multi break honed and Penelo as my main healer, this is essentially useless, right?

So 100 mythril got me two Gordon Shield (do I combine or not) and Wyrmfang. I knew the Excaliburs were unlikely so I'll gladly take reverse vampire wall, I hope it serves me well. Now, I take it next FFII event is when Gordon gets MC2?

Also more reddit madness:
6GA6HoCl.png

Things that are easy to overlook. Hall of rites update (Leon, Maria, Minwu, Laguna, Quistis and Eiko) and the shared SB mebica sent to inbox. FFX synergy but is otherwise the FFII Werebuster (same stats 99 mag, 88 mnd at level 20 complete with the exact same h35 Mass Mending SB, the weapon icon is different though...) so it's not a 4.5* that other freebies have been...it's a standard shared SB 5*.

Tidd

I did two pulls and got 4/22.
Which would be great but the first pull were 2 Heroic scarfs and then I got 2 Kefka's Cloaks. This sucks... At least give me something different :/

Kouriozan

Alright, my turn to pull, spent 150 mythrils (3x 11):

N°1 was a bit disappointing so no pic : Gordon's Flame Shield, Mog's Heroic Scarf, Beatrix's Thunder Glove.

Then the good stuffs!

N°2 : Celes & Lightning SSB

1dJG8inl.jpg

N°3 : PCecil BSB!

LlqcE49l.jpg

Best of all, 0 dupes, totally worth it.
Don't think I'll pull on another banner, since I already got trinity and all that, would have loved a new medica though.

100 mythrils netted me:
Cecil's BSB
2x Relm's SSB
Kefka's, Mog's and Vanille's SB

One of the two is surely my best pull since starting the game, and the first time I get 4 five-stars in one pull.
No pics cause I was so shocked I forgot to take one...

WarAdept

Oh man, Cecil hits like a damn truck with the BSSB, the burst is amazing.

Btw I just realized i got Mog's scarf among the rain of shit the first pulls, so, having multi break honed and Penelo as my main healer, this is essentially useless, right?

It stacks. Heroic Harmony stacks with Full/Multi Break and a Breakdown.

It's a great SB. I'd love to have it and Mog is a great healer.

Hell yeah, first ever Ultimate+ down. Beatrix fell to the last UJS but it didn't end up mattering. Native wall really is a game changer, my goodness.

https://imgur.com/a/3G3Dv
https://imgur.com/FQqhkIn

Now Kefka is annoying me. Were it not for the Counter Slave Crown (I think?) he would have fallen without a problem. But that in combo with his last phase is wrecking me even with wall. Tried with 2 mages (Reno and Kuja) and 1 knight (Banishing Strike) but still no dice as I don't have really have a lot of high level magic (R5 Comet, Blizzaga, Firaga, R4 Waterja and low everything else).

Question. Does Focus RW stack with SG and Dark Flare Star or replace it?

So, what banners are people focusing on this time around? My plan is to just do 100 gems each on 1-3, but drop 200 mythril across banners 4 and 5.
My plan was two pulls on #1 and #4, one pull on the rest.

BUT, given my massive first pull on #1, I'm withdrawing my second, and maybe doing three on #4 (or maybe not).

Kouriozan

So, what banners are people focusing on this time around? My plan is to just do 100 gems each on 1-3, but drop 200 mythril across banners 4 and 5.

Personally, I am going for 1 and 3, already got Cloud's BSB, Agrias's Shield/Sword, Ramza's Armor/Sword, Tyro's Wall so 4/5 is not for me.
But now I'm wondering if chasing that 1% Keeper's Tome is worth it :/
I think I'm better off saving for W-Burst fest or even just wait for the guaranted 5* with 10+1 pull banners.

MrDaravon

Next morning and I'm still legitimately fucking crushed that I'm 1/77 now, and the one item I got on this banner was arguably my absolutely least-desired one. I'll have no way of doing any other pulls without buying gems which I was intending to do for the very first time before I got fucked hard here. Also keep in mind in the 8 months I've been playing I've also gone 0/55 and 1/55. At this point the game is just outright not respecting my time. Partially more disappointed not in that I didn't get any relics, but now I have zero mythril for if they do actually do an orbfest, or even just double greens/Sundaily refreshying if nothing else.

Don't know if I'm done, but I will say that I'm installing Brave Exvius right now. At the very best I'm on total cruise control with this game and signing on for daily rewards and only plan on spending actual time on the Sundaily and new events, but probably not even bothering to do U or U+s. If I didn't have the ridiculous amount of time in this game with everyone at 65+ I'd be done for sure.

Falk

that puzzling face
tbqh ditching one gacha game for another after getting burned on gacha isn't the smartest idea.

Two cents, etc.

Was going to do an 11x on phases 3 and 4, and two 11x on 5. Drunkenly did an 11x on phase 1 last night after seeing people's results here, so now I'm probably going to skip phase 3 aside from a 100 gem pull and do two 11x on phases 4 and 5. Maybe a third on 5 if I get enough mythril together.

Already have Platinum Sword, Defender, and Kaiser Shield, but there's still a lot of good stuff in there. Kind of want a second Kaiser Shield for the lightning boost anyways, and another Defender would net me my first 7* which I wouldn't complain about. Basically just hoping to avoid pulling a Platinum Sword lol.

Kain

Void Kefka steamrolled with Pecil's burst, good lord. He didn't counter once, I did 2 Lifesiphons and 3 Saint's Cross and nothing, I don't know if that's normal.

I pulled Advance+Retaliate out of retirement for Kefka. No salve crown for me. I also used magic lure and reflect to get the black magic condition :p
Do I ever have any original strategies? Rarely

Also tried Braska's Final Aeon (Ultimate +). I totally forgot about Jecht Beam, didn't bring Shelga, didn't bring magic break. So when that attack was used it sucked. I got him down to 1/3 HP at least...not a bad first effort but that is probably where it ends for me to be honest. Pretty fun battle. Also forgot what SB tools I now have. Aerith could be way more useful than Selphie here (araise SSB in a battle where people will get KOd).

MrDaravon

tbqh ditching one gacha game for another after getting burned on gacha isn't the smartest idea.

Two cents, etc.

Oh yeah for sure, but at least with FFRK I know where I stand now, whereas Exvius will probably take me a good while to get to the me getting fucked phase. Like, with my previous bad streaks in this game I was still making my way through all the content etc so it was horseshit but there was still stuff for me to do. Now there's not, so it's way worse.

Ultimately what will determine how badly this puts me off the game mid to long-term is when/if they drop orbfest on us. If the next orbfest is weeks/months off losing all my mythril now is still garbage but doesn't have much of a practical effect (although us skipping orbfest is obviously a separate problem). If they drop orbfest on us in a week or two and I burned all my mythril on this? Yeah, gonna be super pissed. If orbfest had coincided with this I probably would have done one pull if any at all. So we'll see I guess?

Seriously though, 2/187. That is insane fuckery. No one deserves that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess if you were looking at it from a purely logical standpoint, there's a limited amount of currency deluge (this is like the DNA of mobage) from completing content, so if you've exhausted that and are unlucky, you're kinda stuck with that hand while waiting for the comparitive trickle to come in.

Assuming you still wanted to play a gacha game, your options would be to either A) restart that same game just to see if you get a better deal out of it, progress/levels/etc aside, or B) start another game. And in that case A) would be a far inferior choice because you'd be retracing your steps compared to playing something completely fresh.

I think Brave Exvius' gacha is kinda messed up, but in a different way. If you've got time to burn and don't mind things getting a little grindy, Granblue has these deals that come by every month or so where you pop a 10-pull (money only, not currency) and get a pick of stuff out of a pre-determined pool of stuff - sorta like Beginner's Banner, but far more contemporary, and far more common.

Either that, or wait till Global gets the guaranteed 5* per pull - I don't think it'd be that hard to catch up to a respectable progression considering the way this game is designed - keep logging in for your daily mythril, maybe autobattle easier event levels, etc. till that point.

c-murph

Mastered Kefka. Didn't have any confuse protection though. Ended up using Aerith and Vivi as clubs to knock sense into people after being hit.

Man, I will never complain about my pulls ever again. Jesus christ
Yeah. I felt like I shouldn't have given into the urge to pull when I got a generic IX fist from the banner (particularly given that I only had ~100 mythril), but I can't really complain in comparison to that.

Plus, I got SG + HotF in the Lucky Draw and then back to back SSBs (dupe Tidus, new Lightning) from 100-gem pulls, so I can't really say I've had bad pulls overall.

greyshark

Aren't DEF/RES ignoring attacks going to be more common in the future? That would make SB's like Mog's very valuable long term.

MrDaravon

I guess if you were looking at it from a purely logical standpoint, there's a limited amount of currency deluge (this is like the DNA of mobage) from completing content, so if you've exhausted that and are unlucky, you're kinda stuck with that hand while waiting for the comparitive trickle to come in.

Assuming you still wanted to play a gacha game, your options would be to either A) restart that same game just to see if you get a better deal out of it, progress/levels/etc aside, or B) start another game. And in that case A) would be a far inferior choice because you'd be retracing your steps compared to playing something completely fresh.

I think Brave Exvius' gacha is kinda messed up, but in a different way. If you've got time to burn and don't mind things getting a little grindy, Granblue has these deals that come by every month or so where you pop a 10-pull (money only, not currency) and get a pick of stuff out of a pre-determined pool of stuff - sorta like Beginner's Banner, but far more contemporary, and far more common.

Either that, or wait till Global gets the guaranteed 5* per pull - I don't think it'd be that hard to catch up to a respectable progression considering the way this game is designed - keep logging in for your daily mythril, maybe autobattle easier event levels, etc. till that point.

Yeah, I'm in a weird spot where I can comfortably clear most content outside of the occasional U+ and most U++'s, but I can't quite get the gear push I need to do everything, at least not without a fuckload of S/L's and/or Phoenix mythrils, neither of which I'm that inclined to do. It's kind of funny because I started in October and within 2 months I had a native wall and Medica which puts me in a better spot than a lot of players, but I've had largely spotty luck since then. Like 8 of my top 10 relics being in the same two realms and mostly armor pieces doesn't help either; where I'm really hurting is in native offensive relics which is why I went in on this banner. I have a lot of the cast at 80 at this point but it largely isn't doing me any good lol. So to an extent I'm upset out of principle. Worse case I'll just largely coast by with logins, Sundailies, and new events up to U, but that's probably it. Orbfest not dropping in the immediate future will also help me feel less burned, last orbfest I spent like 110 mythril on refreshes which got me a ton of orbs and levels which is more guaranteed than pulls, so missing out on that would bum me out.

I don't know that I expect Exvius to be any better in gacha regards, but I'll at least check it out. I might check out Granblue again, I gave it a go briefly and I know it's highly regarded but it seemed like it was maybe a bit too involved/much for what I'm looking for. I don't mind grinding at all so that's not a deterrent really.

Kain

Yeah. I felt like I shouldn't have given into the urge to pull when I got a generic IX fist from the banner (particularly given that I only had ~100 mythril), but I can't really complain in comparison to that.

Plus, I got SG + HotF in the Lucky Draw and then back to back SSBs (dupe Tidus, new Lightning) from 100-gem pulls, so I can't really say I've had bad pulls overall.

I mean, the previous Orbfest was absolutely horrible for me, I got only bad/mediocre SBs except for Penelo's War Dance (it has become my best medica by far) and I was super pissed off, but those numbers... at least I'm getting some good SSBs once in a while, and it took me 200 mythril, but I got Pecil's BSSB, which is amazing.

Now let's see if banner 4 is good to me, I'm not planning on spending nothing in the other 3...

Balphon

Aren't DEF/RES ignoring attacks going to be more common in the future? That would make SB's like Mog's very valuable long term.

To an extent, but the DEF/RES ignoring attacks are often calculated with either very low damage coefficients or a lowered version of the enemy's attack value (because they would just kill you otherwise), so even they aren't always that useful.

E.g., Ultimate Jecht Shot ignores DEF and has a relatively high damage coefficient (3.75x), but uses BFA's ATK^0.5 as its attack value, making further ATK debuffs less effective. Alternatively, Triumphant Grasp also ignores DEF but simply uses an extremely low damage coefficient (0.01x) instead of lowering BFA's ATK, which would make ATK debuffs very effective.

Balphon

Saint's Fall takes better advantage of Enholy than the BSSB itself.

2/10 would use in a pinch.

Congrats; you are way out in front of the post-Shout meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom