• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

I went full ham on Titan to see what I could get away with having the full Trinity (or is it Quartet adding boostagas?).

Turns out I can get away with quite a bit.

GvltcEr.jpg

The festival was probably the best chance to get one since there were 4 in it (5 if you count Tyro's BSSB).

The upcoming ones are:

Cait Sith (Sephiroth 1, tomorrow)
Support Abyss (Faris/Gordon - End of the month)
Faris (Lenna/Faris 2, end of the month)
Agrias (Delta/Ovelia/Mustadio 1, next month)
Wol (Mobius 2, who the hell knows)

Um... I don't plan to pull on any of those (well, just 100 gems) except for the Lucky Draw, we won't get Mobius...

From this banner, I could also use Grand Armor, Aldebaran and a BSB is a BSB. I just know that if I pull, I will get another SG because I don't need it. Meh, I am at a point where I can RW Tyro's BSB. It's not -50% or -40% like the AoE from Faris, but it's good enough.

I guess I just like Agrias and I would like to have a good reason to bring her. Maybe a few single pulls. However, I really want to start pulling for Synergy and I am very happy to already have Myhtrils saved for next IV, VIII, IX and XII. Can't believe I only spent 50 Mythrils during BSB Fest so far.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't have enough mythril so did a 3 relic pull for the 5th banner. Got my 3rd 1st Fusion Sword. I guess I shouldn't complain...

My credit card I have linked to iTunes was stolen last week, so any temptation to do a paid pull was thwarted.

118 mythril spent 5 100 gem duds

Cecil's Excalibur
Vanilles wyrmfang
Lenny's sage staff
Faris yoichi bow
Edea sorceress crown

I think I can put all of those to use at least situationally with cids missions, aoe heals for two realms I was lacking is nice.

I really wanted bartz bsb and the platinum shield but failed oh well.

Can I keep myself from spending mythril until he next festival, other than lucky banners and stam refreshes for an orb festival?

Brandson

I've ended up with a decent collection of shields now. I had been trying to max out attack on everyone without regard to def/res but recently started experimenting with good shields that have attack (Gordon's, Basch's, and Agrias' shields all have attack, but less than gloves or bangles). My default team currently is Celes, Auron, PCecil, Relm, and Ramza. Putting shields on Celes, Cecil, and Ramza is working out nicely. The minor losses in attack are totally worth it for the big increases in mitigation. Even better when the shield gives an elemental attack buff or elemental resistance. If you have good shields hanging around, consider using them.

LucaMac

Holy shit balls! Just beat the ultimate boss/s of the current FF8 event in Japan and it/they dropped a 6* Crystal? Didn't know this was possible?

I don't follow FFRK JP news too closely, but I recall devs saying they would make 6* crystals more available around the time they introduced MC3 and OSBs. So, being a drop in a bonus battle level fight (was it U, U+ or U++?) sounds like something they would implement.

LucaMac

Yea it was the U. Wasn't aware. Can anybody tell me what's meant by 'toons', does it mean characters? Couldn't find the medal conditions for the multiplayer missions in Japan anywhere except for one place and one of the conditions refers to '4 toons'. I imagine it's slang. Any ideas?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yea it was the U. Wasn't aware. Can anybody tell me what's meant by 'toons', does it mean characters? Couldn't find the medal conditions for the multiplayer missions in Japan anywhere except for one place and one of the conditions refers to '4 toons'. I imagine it's slang. Any ideas?

Characters

I can't stop laughing

LucaMac

Characters

I can't stop laughing

Cheers King Troll. I'm starting to assume it has something to do with the 'adds' haven't seen 'toon' referenced in relation to the game and thought maybe it was that you had to run a 4 man party, like some of those Cid Missions, hence 'characters'.

He's lying.

First thing I thought of too. I've no decent soul break for my level 80 Bugs Bunny though.

So, I recently changed job, and got a new phone with it. This is my first Android phone.
Since I'm also keeping my iPhone, I'm fiddling with the idea of using the old phone for Global, as currently doing, and trying Japan Master Keeper on the Android one.
Is there a simple enough guide to set up game and account for Japan FFRK? For a total Android newbie?

Czarcasm

With this, the final day of the fest, I made my two last attempts at my goal.

On the 12th 11-pull, One sparkling Rainbow Orb descended from the sky and revealed itself to be a Kaiser Shield.

On the 13th and Final 11-pull, three sparkling orbs fell and one after the other revealed their contents to me.

Inside the First was a Kaiser Shield

Inside the Second was a Kaiser Shield

As the third drew closer, I couldn't help but wonder if it would be yet another shield, but as it opened, I could do nothing but stare in awe.

Inside the final orb was the ever elusive Sentinel's Grimoire.

And with that, this tale of Despair and Desperation has reached its end.

BSSB Fest Haul

Banner 1 (100 Gem + 11-Pull)
Wyrmfang (XIII Medica, yay)

Banner 2 (100 Gem + 11-Pull)
Kotetsu (First IV physical weapon)
Drill (Defense boost is nice)

Banner 3 (100 Gem + 2 11-Pulls)
Magic Comb (yay.....upgrade for Red I guess...)

Banner 4 (100 Gem + 3 11-Pulls)
Sorceress Crown (Magic Boost + Haste, yay)
Platinum Shield (Holy+, yay)
Platinum Sword (*SQUEEE*)

Banner 5 (100 Gem + 2 Single Pulls + 2 3-Pulls + 13 11-Pulls)
1st Fusion Sword (Now I have 2)[Need to clear out my VII weapons stash]
2x Stardust Rod (Good, I was lacking in magical firepower)
3x Fairy Flute (Now Eiko has a 7* Flute)
2x Aldebaran (6* Gun)
Sentinel's Grimoire (I can finally retire Y'shtola)
7x Kaiser Shield (In addition to the 2 I already had, I now have 3 7* Lightning boosting shields)
Grand Armor (I'll combine it with the one I already had)
Desch's Sword (yay, Thursdaily Synergy)
4x Golden Armor (Now have 2 7* Armors)
Golden Armor (XII) [Off Banner]
Al Bhed Jumper (X) [Off Banner]
Butterfly Edge (VII) [Off Banner]
Gauntlets (IX) [Off Banner]

Ending notes: Didn't expect to take so long to get SG. Hopefully I can manage to get through the IV Missions.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'll summarize my BSSBFest haul!

Kefka Cloak
Yoichi Bow

I prayed for a hastega. Maybe I should have aimed higher.

My haul was great. I went 4/11, 0/11, and 2/11. Much better than my 1/55 during the last fest (which also coincided with a 0/33 lucky draw to make sting). All of the items I got were something I was looking for too, and the only duplicate is for a weapon I'll often bring out of record anyway for its +Holy.

Excalibur (Celes) x2
Heroic Scarf (Mog)
Flame Shield (Gordon)
Wutai Headband (Yuffie)
Crescent Wish (Selpie)

Good lord, 20 11-pulls?

Anyway, my summary, from what I can recall:

Sorceress' Crown (VIII)
Genji Blade (V)
Defender (FFT)
Holy Wand (III) -- from the FF3 banner, I think
Adamant Bangle (VII)
Chocobo Brush (VI)
Excalibur (IV)
Ice Whip (IV)

All in all, BSSB and 3x SSBs aren't bad, plus I can now run a mage meta party along with my Shout meta party. At this point, I think I just need more synergy.

I have been lazy and procrastinated about buying the accessories for so long. Now I don't have much time left (Thursday early morning) and I still don't want to figure out which one I need...

Falk

that puzzling face
I just went with the resists.

If I chose wrong I'd rather live with a ~15 stat deficit in RS than not having a resist I need.

I just went with the resists.

If I chose wrong I'd rather live with a ~15 stat deficit in RS than not having a resist I need.

I did the same thing. I bought all of the 5* resist items as well as the 4* Holy and Earth ones. I can field a full party in Earth-resist now, which was useful against Titan, and my Holy resist is up to four items, I think. I missed the Safety Bit back in the day so I am still one short on KO-resist items. The only attribute accessories I grabbed were ones that I didn't own yet, for completion's sake.

Back from the black hole that only contains ZTD and nothing else to catch up on RK before the events end. Thanks to Gilgamesh's cowl I was able to sell off all those 20+ attack accessories I've been hoarding since I now have 5 30+ attack accessories and Y'sholta can finally join the ranks of the 65+ a team not forever stuck at 65.

Think I might do a paid pull on banner 5 before it ends for one last hurrah since the only relic I have is the tailwind armor I pulled and I'd be happy with anything else or a 6+ tailwind armor.

Czarcasm

What time does phase 5 end and when does the sg make an appearance again? I want to do a last minute three pull lol

It ends tonight whenever new events show up in your time zone. SG will still be on the Lucky Banners, but I isn't featured again until Tyro's Selection 2, and given how the Beginner's Banner was changed, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

So basically, this is your last good chance to get it.

Did my yolo paid pull on banner 5, pulled Eiko's Fairy Flute (useless until multiplayer but hey a better flute from my RW Shout Ramza to give extra haste seconds to)

And I pulled Sentinel's Grimoire, so now I have both forms of wall natively, now I truly do have a lot of options since I also pulled Relm's SSB for a curaga level medica.

I have for SSBs/walls

Y'Sholta with wall and medica 2
Tyro with wall and healing grimoire and cyclone grimoire (and celebration grimoire lol)
Relm with portrait of lakshimi
Gilgamesh with SSB (gives hi regen)
Auron with SSB
Tyro with Shout
Agrias with SSB
Edit: I forgot Zidane's SSB, lol Zidane

I guess the simple solution would be to drop Agrias and Y'Sholta for Relm and Tyro retool Ramza into being more offensive focused with Tyro taking on support duty and Relm having stronger curaga. I dunno what I'd rw outside of I guess a BSSB to make Tyro/Ramza even more offensive once shout and wall are up.

Falk

that puzzling face
It ends tonight whenever new events show up in your time zone. SG will still be on the Lucky Banners, but I isn't featured again until Tyro's Selection 2, and given how the Beginner's Banner was changed, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

So basically, this is your last good chance to get it.

Given that DeNA are pretty well aware on the impact wall has (U+ Cid missions are designed around mitigating the gap between haves and have-nots via DEF/RES-ignoring attacks for example) and that the new slew of Beginner Banners are pretty much solidly in what can be considered the next leg of the game's lifespan, I'd be surprised if there wasn't -some- guaranteed way to get the tools you need to complete content. Even more so surprised than if Global didn't get guaranteed 5*s around the same point in the timeline than JP did, what with overall power creep and all that.

Ok now I have 75 minutes to decide if I pull on this banner for Agrias' Shield. There is a few other items that interest me to. However, I was looking at the next banner with the shield. I see:

• Healing Staff (Ovelia) SSB 'Princess' Prayer' - Curaga-all + Magic Blink; MND+10 for learning
  • Maximillian (Delita) SB 'Counter Tackle' - Large Critical up + 1 time Physical Blink for party

I really lack in good Medica and I was super interested in Yda Crits+ SB but I did not want to pull on the XIV banner. The banner also has Ramza BSB (would only be happy for ATK+10). There is also Delita SSB which sounds great and I am a big Delita fan. I think I answered my questioning, I should keep the 6-7 pulls I was ready to do on this banner for next FFT banner. Still feel like pulling, though... Also, FFT banner is less than a month before Celes BSB and I will be entering "conserve" mode... Argh!

Anustart

Of course. 3 whites with 15 mythril hail mary.

Did manage to craft full break, beat ifrit and ult odin tho to get some orbs and an accessory.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ok now I have 75 minutes to decide if I pull on this banner for Agrias' Shield. There is a few other items that interest me to. However, I was looking at the next banner with the shield. I see:
  • Healing Staff (Ovelia) SSB 'Princess' Prayer' - Curaga-all + Magic Blink; MND+10 for learning
  • Maximillian (Delita) SB 'Counter Tackle' - Large Critical up + 1 time Physical Blink for party

I really lack in good Medica and I was super interested in Yda Crits+ SB but I did not want to pull on the XIV banner. The banner also has Ramza BSB (would only be happy for ATK+10). There is also Delita SSB which sounds great and I am a big Delita fan. I think I answered my questioning, I should keep the 6-7 pulls I was ready to do on this banner for next FFT banner. Still feel like pulling, though... Also, FFT banner is less than a month before Celes BSB and I will be entering "conserve" mode... Argh!

I'm still not sure how Yda's SB is supposed to be used. It feels like you are trading away a high damage SSB for the chance of doing more damage, and that doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Anustart

So for my haul i got shadows ssb, seifer sb, shit ass mog scarf and i think thats it. Did thancreds sb on xiv banner, but the guy cant use like any abilities what so ever so i dunno what to do with him if anything.

Oh and sabins sb which is a poor mans boostega. Ill take it but need a hastega in there somewhere.

Tidd

Decided to do a last minute hour YOLO pull and got HotE. Honestly I expected to get another 3*. So I take it but I doubt that I will use it.

Summary:
Banner 1: 2 Kefka's Cloaks and 2 Heroic Scarfs in 2 11-pulls. <.<
Banner 3: Bartz BSB with 1 11-pull,
Banner 5: Golden Armor after 1 3-pull and one single yolo pull

My A-team looks like this now:
Tyro (Wall)
Bartz (BSB)
Zidane (SSB)
Gilgamesh/Lightning (SSB)
Garnet/Aerith/Selphie (Medica/extra res)

I doubt that the other SB's will change anything in this lineup. It's cool that HotE stacks with Shout but I just don't see it replace anything on this team. Same for Mog's SB.

Next stop Adult Rydia Banner 1! I should get up to 130 mythril till the end of the FF IV event. Guess I will do one pull and then save for the FF IX banner with Zidane's and Garnet's BSB!

Czarcasm

Well isn't today my lucky day. Much like with Cloud, I got Sephiroth's Burst with my 100 Gem Pull. Really need to clear up the VII weapon stash because I have like 10 Character Relics.

Also my first Seph relic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, Japanese Gacha gods with me today. First I got a UR in Love Live with the cheapie newbie draw, then I got that Sephiroth sword.

GameFAQs RK board spooked me into attempting E+G Ultimate + on the big bridge, battle wasn't really that scary beat it first try but only with expert since I got greedy and didn't heal (also brought wall as an RW cause I was afraid of paralysis which never proc'd)

I was really hoping for a 100 gems Chocobo Bracelet!

I am now at 7/116 on 100 gems pull. That is a rate of 6.03%, going under 6% on the next pull if no 5*. I would need to get a 5* on my next 8 100 gems pull in a row to reach the average of about 12%. At least only a very few pulls were paid out of my pocket. I will never do enough 100 gems pull for my rate to go closer to the normal.

Got two of Zell's secondary weapon on the FFVIII banner in Japan. -.-

Pulled 11 the Monday banner and Thursday banner on the English version and got absolutely nothing on those either. Gatcha games

Lots of interesting characters coming to the Japanese version soon. I would of liked Cid as the next FFXIV character but I think he'll probably be next now.

Are they done giving out the daily motes? I haven't received any for the last three days.
Yep. They have been added to Fatty's shop though.

c-murph

Lots of interesting characters coming to the Japanese version soon. I would of liked Cid as the next FFXIV character but I think he'll probably be next now.

Yep. They have been added to Fatty's shop though.

Oh no mai greens!

edit: I bought them all... It really wasn't worth it.

I pulled against my better judgement.

1x3 got me nothin.
1x1 got me Prism Rod, so it was a bit worth it. Have no relics for Aerith. Now I have 2 crit up SBs so I'll have a hard time choosing. FFVII also became the first realm where I have relics for each of 5 party members.

I may regret it if orb fest is soon though

Just got mastery on Gilgamesh + Enkidu mastery, that punk Enkidu got a Berserk on Y'Sholta right before he died thankfully I was able to dps rush him down thanks to heavy regen and the combo of power breakdown and banishing blade.

Drew Apocolypse from my Dollar Pull.

And there goes any difficulty with the Cid Missions. Aerith provides Planet Protector, Yuffie Clear Tranquil, and I can RW Wall now without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom