• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Oh man, FFXIV hype for JP:
73f39233-e414-341d-b6b5-f8ab71da2d15.png

Huh. Alph's main weapons are books and Minfillia has never actually participated in combat before. Not sure what to expect.

B.K.

I think I have ~70k greens atm but I have no idea what accessories to go for. :/

Gonna have to figure this out quickly.

Same. I've managed to get a little over 80k. I know the XI and XIV accessories are exclusive to the shop. I'll get them and any Ultimate accessories I haven't gotten first and then any resist accessories.

Kain

I know this banner is not worth it and all that but my VII synergy is (was) shit and I wanted to whale one last time because I'm not going to pull nothing until guaranteed 5* or the next fest, whichever comes first, so

I think it was a good pull, Aerith's SB sounds awesome.

Falk

that puzzling face
TFW you end up switching Cloud out for Lightning and then realize what just happened.

UFPXpGGl.jpg

"wait that's not Cloud"

Falk

that puzzling face
jlJRr41.jpg

edit: Also swapped Cid out for Faris since that's a spear-using Support 5*.

Guess we still needed a crossdresser quota in party.

LucaMac

Rather annoyed. I started the rift Greg fight last night as the event was ending, I figured I'd find it easy enough in the morning as I could stay in the battle. Loaded it up and made one attempt and although I could have just reloaded I figured I could tinker with my set up a bit as I realised Id brought Magic Breakdown instead of Power Breakdown. I could definitely do it but no point in making it more difficult. Checked Kongbakpoa to see if the event was definitely over already and to my surprise it said there was 6 hours left. I retreated to change my set up and 'This event has ended'.

Went back to Kongbakpoa and realised it said it had ended for 6 hours. Ridiculously annoyed with myself. I can add that fight to Parade Float as the only things I haven't completed/mastered in the game and it was so doable it's silly. At least Parade float was an insane tier above doable for most people at the time...this time I just didn't read something properly.

Kain

Cool. Looks like Edgar is getting guns. Also General Leo.

Yes! Edgar top tier, now we just need a cool VI gun (Air Anchor?)

Leo will probaly be 5 combat, 5 knight and something Samurai, similar to Basch but with cooler hair.

Also they buffed Strago's and Kefka's magic (again).

Did an 11 pull in JP land and got both of the Laguna ssbs featured. Wtf two gun ssbs for one character on one banner how absurd. Squall jacket too. Smh. Food thing were getting 49 free mythril this week. I'm basically done with the story dungeons now so mythril is in shirt supply.

Balphon

Squall's Jacket is good. Really good, in fact.

Though at the point JP is you probably need his OSSB to take full advantage.

Plaguefox

Rather annoyed. I started the rift Greg fight last night as the event was ending, I figured I'd find it easy enough in the morning as I could stay in the battle. Loaded it up and made one attempt and although I could have just reloaded I figured I could tinker with my set up a bit as I realised Id brought Magic Breakdown instead of Power Breakdown. I could definitely do it but no point in making it more difficult. Checked Kongbakpoa to see if the event was definitely over already and to my surprise it said there was 6 hours left. I retreated to change my set up and 'This event has ended'.

Went back to Kongbakpoa and realised it said it had ended for 6 hours. Ridiculously annoyed with myself. I can add that fight to Parade Float as the only things I haven't completed/mastered in the game and it was so doable it's silly. At least Parade float was an insane tier above doable for most people at the time...this time I just didn't read something properly.

Don't beat yourself up too much! I'm not quite day-1, but have been playing long enough to get Warrior early on. I've missed out on Parade Float, Omega (super sad. I could have done it), Vossler Ultimate, and Cagnazzo Ultimate. It was only a lot of Major orbs. Not the end of the world!

Huh. Since we're on the topic, for you other folks who have only missed out on a few things, which ones were they? Was it because of timing, or because of hones/levels etc?

LucaMac

Since we're on the topic, for you other folks who have only missed out on a few things, which ones were they? Was it because of timing, or because of hones/levels etc?

For me until now it was only parade float and that felt reasonably ok to miss as most people were the same. I probably could have done it while burning a load of mythril, but it was so much more valuable back then. Getting R1 quake to take care of the lizards was tough going and unless you were Wazzy you didn't have any real synergy to speak of. I don't even think memory crystals were a thing and you'd need to mythril refresh to get extra ability uses on that R1 quake as well as stat buffs to scrape through. It was the first time 'elite' dungeons appeared in events and it was incredibly overtuned even for most day 1 players.

Brandson

Skipped Ultimates for Barthandelus (hated him in FFXIII, hate him here too, and had no XIII gear), Vossler, and Cagnazzo. I wasn't enjoying the experience of fighting any of them so I didn't force myself to clear them. Also didn't bother to attempt the summoner Nightmare battle yet, because I haven't crafted/honed any summoning magic. I'll do that one eventually.

Huh. Since we're on the topic, for you other folks who have only missed out on a few things, which ones were they? Was it because of timing, or because of hones/levels etc?

Starting with parade float a lot of the +++ content for several months before finally breaking though past the Necrophobe +++ fight, since it the only thing I've missed is the Cid mission for ult + BFA and I didn't attempt it since I was lazy and my ffx synergy isn't spotty so it wasn't worth the effort for me.

Anustart

Only have 3 classic dungeons left, then time to finish up the elites which i still have 100+.

Whats coming up to spend mythril on? I heard something about plat sword showing up again soon.

Balphon

Only have 3 classic dungeons left, then time to finish up the elites which i still have 100+.

Whats coming up to spend mythril on? I heard something about plat sword showing up again soon.

Rydia 1 (out next Wednesday) has a nice balance of stuff (none of which is for Rydia, humorously):

PLD Cecil BSSB
Kain SSB (Damage + next three jumps instant.)
Rosa SSB (Dreamstage on a better character.)
DRK Cecil SB (Damage + boostga.)
Edward SB (Faithga + Haste, stronger than Edea/Kefka's.)
Edge SB (The one that was just on one of the fest banners.)

If you want to look past that there's Gabranth 1 next month which has a ton of good damage SBs:

Vaan BSSB (Instant cast, damage + MAG/DEF - 40%, burst commands are essentially magic and armor breakdown on fast cast timers.)
Ashe SSB (Damage + 25% proportional heal to party.)
Basch SBB (Damage + Blinkga.)
Gabranth SB (Dark damage + Endark.)
Balthier SB (Damage + self-blink.)
Penelo SB (AoE heal + boostga.)

If you want to save and go all in for Platinum Sword again it'll be on the next set of FFT banners in late August or so.

Also be sure to hang onto 25 mythril for the Support Nightmare banner at the end of the month.

MrDaravon

Out of curiosity has anyone tried running FFRK via the Google Play update on select Chromebooks? I'm probably going to buy a Flip today or tomorrow which supports android apps right now, but couldn't find much other than most apps work fine but some don't. Surprised I didn't see anyone on the FFRK reddit (that I could find) who had tried it.

Pejo

Rydia 1 (out next Wednesday) has a nice balance of stuff (none of which is for Rydia, humorously):

PLD Cecil BSSB
Kain SSB (Damage + next three jumps instant.)
Rosa SSB (Dreamstage on a better character.)
DRK Cecil SB (Damage + boostga.)
Edward SB (Faithga + Haste, stronger than Edea/Kefka's.)
Edge SB (The one that was just on one of the fest banners.)

If you want to look past that there's Gabranth 1 next month which has a ton of good damage SBs:

Vaan BSSB (Instant cast, damage + MAG/DEF - 40%, burst commands are essentially magic and armor breakdown on fast cast timers.)
Ashe SSB (Damage + 25% proportional heal to party.)
Basch SBB (Damage + Blinkga.)
Gabranth SB (Dark damage + Endark.)
Balthier SB (Damage + self-blink.)
Penelo SB (AoE heal + boostga.)

If you want to save and go all in for Platinum Sword again it'll be on the next set of FFT banners in late August or so.

Also be sure to hang onto 25 mythril for the Support Nightmare banner at the end of the month.

Shit, Rydia event is in a week? I am going to have to grind heavy on the classic dungeons to get enough Mythril to have another shot at Pecil's BSSB.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried running FFRK via the Google Play update on select Chromebooks? I'm probably going to buy a Flip today or tomorrow which supports android apps right now, but couldn't find much other than most apps work fine but some don't. Surprised I didn't see anyone on the FFRK reddit (that I could find) who had tried it.

IIRC Android app support is only on the Flip right now.

Even when it rolls out to the rest of them my Chromebook won't be able to run it :(

MrDaravon

IIRC Android app support is only on the Flip right now.

Even when it rolls out to the rest of them my Chromebook won't be able to run it :(

I bought an R11 which I know was supposed to get it in June, but not sure if it happened for that one yet? Heading to work now, I'll look into it when I get off. If it's not supported now I'll be the guinea pig when it does.

Faithless

FFRKGAF. I have a bunch of Rosetta Stones and a bunch of relics. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones to upgrade? My main team is mopping the floor with everyone because of some recent extremely lucky pulls -- but I honestly don't know what to do with all this rosetta (and the motes).

Is there a baseline strategy for these decisions that you guys use?

FFRKGAF. I have a bunch of Rosetta Stones and a bunch of relics. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones to upgrade? My main team is mopping the floor with everyone because of some recent extremely lucky pulls -- but I honestly don't know what to do with all this rosetta (and the motes).

Weapons with added effect like the Excaliburs and their Holy DMG+ or rarer types of weapons like a very strong Katana for characters that cannot get RS by equipping the usual swords and such.

Razmos

I did a random 3 pull before the XIV event ends and I FINALLY got Thyrus, after all this time, a wall of my very own!

And I already have Y'shtola's medica too, awesome.

5+ or ++ physical weapons, no armors no rods no staves. I dumped mine into bartz Excalibur which I have a + version, since it has added holy damage. Consider a gun since they are back row and few realms have them native. A ++ dagger that can be used by anyone. Etc

Wondering if I bring Cid for Ultimate CM tonight for Bio Grenade. It's only R1 with 2 charges. However, if Poison can stick to all 3 within 2 use, it might be good damage by the end. I could also bring Sky Grinder but it's also only R1. He will be useless and defending pretty quickly with only 4 attacks + 2 RW cast...

60 stamina per try is not too sweet for experimenting...

Oh I was also wondering, did you guys hone Fever Break to at least R2?

My plan for The Turks is to use a bunch of AoE: Maduin, Flashing Blade, Doppleblade, Multi Break, and Barret Grenade Bomb. My Multi Break is still R1 because I don't have any good dancers and orbs are competitive, but two uses should be plenty for a ~100k boss fight (with AoE). I thought about giving Yuffie the new wind ninja scroll, but it won't do enough damage to be worth it and the drain from Thief's Revenge is always nice.

Ultimate CM mastered first shot. Zack died in the middle of the fight and he was going to be the main damage dealer. I thought that I was done when he died but the team finished it up with Poison ticks on Reno and Red XIII pulling 9999 on Breakdowns + SSB to finish the fight. Glad I went with CM team first, saved 60 stamina. They also dropped a MFO. On to U+!

Ultimate Turks Cid Mission and Mastery party:

Missed one damage medal and Aeris got iced pretty early. I wanted Shout but War Dance was the only Boostga in my queue. Turned out that was super important, because I accidentally removed Yuffie's Clear Tranquil rather than Grease Lightning, so I really need the group cura in that first round. Didn't even realize it until mid-cast, scratching my head and wondering why Clear Tranquil seemed to be taking so long (it's instant-cast). I didn't want to wait three hours to try again, so fortunately everything worked out. I need to pay extra attention to that before Sephiroth.

Balphon

Sephiroth cid mission was fairly easy despite my total lack of offensive SBs for FFVII. Other than the christmas tree I killed him with, I guess.

Even brought Cid on the Turks Cid Mission to throw bio grenades. Should get extra orbs for being meta.

Used these guys for those interested (RW = Wall):

cW7234tl.jpg

Yikes. Should've brought Magic Breakdown and/or Sentinel's Guard RW because I got wiped by back-to-back 4k Meteors in the final stretch.

Magic Breakdown is insufficient. Double Meteor is still 7k damage so I need Wall RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom