• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see how I can beat U+ CM without Wall RW, he kills people left and right so fast even with Prot+Shellha+PB+MB+FB. I don't have a native Haste so I just don't know how this will happen... Time to think.

Yeah the meteor hits like a truck, but most of his moves seem like relatively weak physical pokes.

He kept hitting Yuffie for 1600X2, that's "hurty" pokes to me... :/

Both Cid Missions down. Neither were particularly difficult.

Don't see how I can beat U+ CM without Wall RW, he kills people left and right so fast even with Prot+Shellha+PB+MB+FB. I don't have a native Haste so I just don't know how this will happen... Time to think.
I didn't bring Wall (or Dispel) and I was mostly fine. (Went with Shout.) In his final stage he will start going ham, but if you burst him down quickly, he's not too intimidating. He doesn't have much HP is seems.

Shellga is probably not needed IMO. He only has one magic attack and can only use it in his final phase. It does hit really hard, but he doesn't seem to spam it much. Full Break and Magic Breakdown should suffice, and that way you get more DPS.

I will keep trying with a CM party but according to Reddit you get the CM reward as long as you have some VII members, people getting it with Tyro and Ramza in the party.

Also, often I feel like I don't play the same game as others. Seph was at about 65% HP so not crazy mode yet, he just did about 4k to my whole party in back to back very quick attacks with maximum mitigation possible for a CM (without Wall). I don't understand how I am supposed to do this. I might have to bring two healers for this if I want to stand a chance.

Shellga is probably not needed IMO. He only has one magic attack and can only use it in his final phase. It does hit really hard, but he doesn't seem to spam it much. Full Break and Magic Breakdown should suffice, and that way you get more DPS.

Both of my wipes are double Meteor, so that's bullshit. I am eyeballing either Wall or Tyro BSB for this next try.

Yeah, Cid Missions are bugged. Don't even need any FFVII characters apparently, just beating it will trigger the reward.

Apology Mythril please.

Both of my wipes are double Meteor, so that's bullshit. I am eyeballing either Wall or Tyro BSB for this next try.
I said it hits hard, but that's how I did it. And your rude tone isn't necessary or appreciated.

Curse of the global exclusive content.

I'll take the moral victory though.
Someone is asleep at the wheel I guess. I think apology Mythril probably is in order though. If people do pulls trying to beef up their FFVII synergy for the U/U+ battles, only to find out it wasn't necessary due to the bug, there may be some ire.

I'm glad I did it the legit way too. It's fun trying to build parties with limited options, and trying new strategies, instead of always just steamrolling with your best gear.

I said it hits hard, but that's how I did it. And your rude tone isn't necessary or appreciated.

There is no tone, Dad. I am only pointing out that you are plainly wrong. Ultimate Meteor has the highest chance to be used in his final phase, so it is not rare. Mathematically, you can not survive with only Full Break and Magic Breakdown because it still does 5k to the entire party against synergized Lv80 RES. That's more HP than Aeris has, by the way.

Ultimate+ Sephiroth, Cid Mission and Mastery party:

6qQhdiq.png

Tyro BSB worked like a charm. Missed two damage medals. Wasn't sure what to put in Aeris and Cait Sith's second slot, but having Aeris cover healing while Cait Sith buffs Haste worked pretty well. I considered Dispel but decided he counters so often that it'd just be a pain in the ass.

There is no tone, Dad. I am only pointing out that you are plainly wrong. Ultimate Meteor has the highest chance to be used in his final phase, so it is not rare. Mathematically, you can not survive with only Full Break and Magic Breakdown because it still does 5k to the entire party against synergized Lv80 RES. That's more HP than Aeris has, by the way.
Do you have a breakdown of the move percentage? I fought him three times, and twice he only used it once (I wasn't party wiped by it either time), and the other time, not at all.

And considering that it's his only magic move out of an otherwise entirely physical repertoire, and one that he can only use in a single phase, I think forgoing Shellga to instead pack more DPS is a valid strategy if you are planning to unload all your highest damaging moves in his final phase, which is exactly what I suggested. I'm not saying it's the only strategy obviously, but it's the one that worked for me.

Do you have a breakdown of the move percentage? I fought him three times, and twice he only used it once (I wasn't party wiped by it either time), and the other time, not at all.

And considering that it's his only magic move out of an otherwise entirely physical repertoire, and one that he can only use in a single phase, I think forgoing Shellga to instead pack more DPS is a valid strategy if you are planning to unload all your highest damaging moves in his final phase, which is exactly what I suggested. I'm not saying it's the only strategy obviously, but it's the one that worked for me.

Low enough that my new strat will involve having RNG on my side to burst him down hoping for no Meteor while not bringing Magic Breakdown. I realized after fighting him a few time that I got very very bad RNG my first few fights...

I don't have the JSON request anymore, but it was something close to 30%. Most other actions were 10-15%, though the physical attack where the earth spikes out from the ground like one of his actual soulbreaks (Oblivion Gate or somesuch?) had a higher rate.

That's hilarious that the Cid Missions are bugged. I wish that Cid Missions had a little more flexibility to them, though, rather than being a full synergy party. Something like 2-4 synergy characters with the other slots being variable, or like the old missions that just required a specific character or two in the party.

Low enough that my new strat will involve having RNG on my side to burst him down hoping for no Meteor while not bringing Magic Breakdown. I realized after fighting him a few time that I got very very bad RNG my first few fights...
Good luck.

I don't have the JSON request anymore, but it was something close to 30%. Most other actions were 10-15%, though the physical attack where the earth spikes out from the ground like one of his actual soulbreaks (Oblivion Gate or somesuch?) had a higher rate.
I was reading some posts on reddit about it, and others were commenting on the low rate of Meteor too, so maybe it was altered from the Japanese version. All I can say is that in my experience he didn't use it enough for me to think it warranted bringing Shellga over DPS. Obviously RNG likes to treat everyone differently, so if your experience was the opposite of that, then I guess that's just the way the cards fell.

Good luck.

I was reading some posts on reddit about it, and others were commenting on the low rate of Meteor too, so maybe it was altered from the Japanese version. All I can say is that in my experience he didn't use it enough for me to think it warranted bringing Shellga over DPS. Obviously RNG likes to treat everyone differently, so if your experience was the opposite of that, then I guess that's just the way the cards fell.

I got my data from the current version, not the Japanese version. Basically each action has a weight and you can calculate the chance. You're probably just experiencing survivor bias in the same way that everybody gets a BSB and Sentinel's Grimoire when they're featured.

With this batch of rewards, I'm eight Major Holy Orbs away from Saint Cross R3, so not too far off. This is the downside of honing Holy first, though I don't regret it. Aeris was capping against Sephiroth when Full Break was active.

I got my data from the current version, not the Japanese version. Basically each action has a weight. You're probably just experiencing survivor bias in the same way that everybody gets a BSB and Sentinel's Grimoire when they're featured.
I understand the concept of move frequency, and that's very possible that I was just overly fortunate, but I still stand by my suggestion of DPS over Shellga.

... beating Ultimate Turks with 2 medals lost. Cool. Then realizing that I never actually Optimized into FFVII equipment, so I had literally no RS going. I thought it was a difficulty spike!

Heads up I obtained the Cid mission rewards and the only ff7 party member I had in my party was Cloud. Glitch, over sight, whatever, you don't need to make an entire ff7 party to get em done. I'm assuming using Cloud was the trick though.

I had ystola, Beatrix, cloud, Auron, Gilgamesh for both ultimates.

I see you were all aware already

Balphon

Meteor was hitting my team for around 2k with wall, shellga, and breaks, so going without shellga seems tantamount to leaving the fight up to RNG.

Portal App rewards are out.

Heads up I obtained the Cid mission rewards and the only ff7 party member I had in my party was Cloud. Glitch, over sight, whatever, you don't need to make an entire ff7 party to get em done. I'm assuming using Cloud was the trick though.

They're both glitched. You don't actually have to take any FFVII characters to earn the rewards currently.

I see you were all aware already

I didn't use a FF7 member at all. Locke, Relm, Ramza, Squall, Tyro for both. Cleared both Cid missions.

How do you like that Dark Zone + Memento Mori combo? I am really limited when it comes to MAG weapons so I haven't tried it yet. Plus, I'm mildly terrified of self-Doom.

Thanks! It worked, lost 2 medals for damage but got mastery with FFVII party. Happy with this one, I would have felt bad collecting the reward by doing it with my strongest party. My party was not optimal at all, but it did the job! I never had such a bad streak of RNG with a boss...
Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

How do you like that Dark Zone + Memento Mori combo? I am really limited when it comes to MAG weapons so I haven't tried it yet. Plus, I'm mildly terrified of self-Doom.

Allows a mage to do very good damage in a Shout party. Can be very useful, in this case I had no good SB/SSB for any character aside from Red and Aerith and bringing something like Cloud was not optimal because he does not have access to anything going over 9999 and he takes crazy damage from the front row. Vincent was doing 16k per Dark Zone, taking less damage and finished the fight with about 15 secs left on the 45 secs timer. Love it!

Anustart

Jesus fuck. Ive gotten 18 whites in a row from "rare" relic draws. Shit is getting stupid.

Wouldn't be so bad if anything less than a 5 star wasnt automatic junk status.

Falk

that puzzling face
Zz4X1tWl.jpg

Powerchain/Full Charge is cheating.

edit:
Dear Diary: Today I learn Red XIII can not wear Turks Suit.

SAILOR RED XIII WAS A LIE

Shadow780

The glitch really helped me with having both Shout and SG, and non of my VII characters having Medica as well.

On to the next challenge!

Falk

that puzzling face
UsGOwiil.png

This is totally supposed to be a picture of Full Charge finishing off ult Seph with a VII team. Two healers (Aerith spamming Curaja and Cait Sith spamming Curaise (lol)), Shout RW.

Unabashedly used 1 Mythril to start with 3 full SB charges on everyone. Two healers and everyone else defending because Seph goes AOE-happy helped build those 3 gauges.

Kouriozan

As always, I went into this U+ without reading Dr. Mog or checking strats, Sephiroth's speed surprised me, and I didn't bring dispel nor slow.

sLjqOAdl.jpg
AInUd98l.jpg

I really need a better medica than Lenna's.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure if it's even worth dispelling him (unless it's Banishing Strike) since it's going to barely slow him down - majority of his time is spent in castbar rather than ATB.

Cait Sith was packing Curaise and Dispel and just ended up spamming Curaise instead since Dispel basically did nothing. (And also triggers Scintilla as added humiliation)

Need to start looking at preparing for the ultimates. What physical skills should I start looking at getting?

Got all the breakdowns at rank 2 but I have no idea what else to use or hone. Got all 4 black magic elements to at least rank 3. Protectga and Shellga at rank 2.

Need to start looking at preparing for the ultimates. What physical skills should I start looking at getting?

Got all the breakdowns at rank 2 but I have no idea what else to use or hone. Got all 4 black magic elements to at least rank 3. Protectga and Shellga at rank 2.

A lot of the strategy depends on which SBs you've got. If you have some good offensive SBs then you could look at bringing two or three copies of Life Siphon honed to at least R3. After that, Knight abilities like Banishing Strike and Saint Cross are great.

The other slots can be used to bring whatever you need for specific target conditions or weaknesses.

Kain

I really wanted to do the U+ with VII people but Sephi kept kicking my ass in the last phase. I switched to my A team and obliterated him. The setup was

PCecil with BSSB
Beatrix with magic blink
Ramza as a FBot
Lenna with princess favor
Basch with his two SBs

The only magic mitigation was Beatrix's, so it was a risk, but he only cast one meteor. Basch was the MVP tauntaliating and with the shield, and Cecil's Burst is just broken tier. On the other hand Sephi's is shit, he can't even 2x9999 on his own realm with full equipment synergy and Shout :(

Kaiterra

Banned
Ultimate+ Sephiroth is where I get real sick of this "Let's give the bosses a million RES" bullshit they started doing. I'd love to bring more mages to this fight to avoid triggering Scintilla but noooooope.

Balphon

Sephiroth counters everything with Scintilla. Only uncounterable abilities (summons, most SBs) won't have a chance to trigger it.

Regardless, he has 600 speed which then increases to 650. 700 speed is 0 ATB time, so haste really isn't going to do much for him.

Dragner

Yeah I used banishing blade and was not worth it. He is so fast and counters almost everything is pointless trying to avoid it. He wasnt hard though. Reno U was harder and Caius U+ was able to make me suffer. But Sephi is just an average U+...on the lower end of the ranking.

Kaiterra

Banned
Sephiroth counters everything with Scintilla. Only uncounterable abilities (summons, most SBs) won't have a chance to trigger it.

Regardless, he has 600 speed which then increases to 650. 700 speed is 0 ATB time, so haste really isn't going to do much for him.

Oh okay. In the end I brought in Beatrix (which I didn't do the first time) to Seiken Shock away Ultimate Meteor, which opened the door to victory with 1 damage medal lost yay. Also careful timing to hit Tailwind right after the first couple Ultimate Flashing Blades went off. I also think I successfully pulled off the first Ultimate Flashing Blade skip by not activating Shout RW too early.

Now to go do Elite Barthandelus finally.

A lot of the strategy depends on which SBs you've got. If you have some good offensive SBs then you could look at bringing two or three copies of Life Siphon honed to at least R3. After that, Knight abilities like Banishing Strike and Saint Cross are great.

The other slots can be used to bring whatever you need for specific target conditions or weaknesses.

At the moment, I have Magitek Missiles from Terra (barely hits 10k on big fights) and Fenrir Overdrive (Cloud BSSB) alongside Relm's medica for healing. RW is almost always Sentinel Grimoire or Stoneskin 2. Other Unique SB's:

Dancing Edge (Thancred)
Cross Slash (Cloud)
Advance (Luneth)
Trance Fira (Terra)
Blaze Rush (Lightning)
Demon Slice (Seifer)
Seiken Stock Break (Beatrix)
Sword Art Stock Break (Steiner)
Jecht Beam (Jecht)
Bolt of the Ancients (Desch)
Death Claw (Gilgamesh)
Hell's Gate (Sephiroth)
Fist of the Dawn (Galuf)
Pulsar Burst (Fang)
Bioblaster (Edgar)
Sunbath (Mog)
Hyper Jump (Cid)
Meteor Barrage (Zell)
Divine Guardian (Garnet)
Light Divine (White Mage)
Princess's Favor x 2 (Lenna)
Emerald Light (Eiko)
Wishing Star (Rinoa)
Last Judgement Grimoire (Keeper)
Celebration Grimoire (Keeper)
Status Reels (Wakka)
Divine Signet (White Mage)

B.K.

I beat the Sephiroth Ultimate+ this morning. That's my first Ultimate+ down. I took a few tries to get the timing right with Sentinel's Grimoire and my medica near the end of the fight, but it wasn't too bad until he started using Meteor. It would be nice to be able to beat more, but I only beat this one because I have pretty good VII synergy.

Beat Sephy purely for switching Aerith in for her crit/magic blink SB which basically gave me free turns when Meteor was used.

Crit up is just a great asset to my team and I have two different people capable of using it - support/DPS Yda and WHM Aerith. Multiple scenarios of awesome damage.

Beat Sephy purely for switching Aerith in for her crit/magic blink SB which basically gave me free turns when Meteor was used.

Crit up is just a great asset to my team and I have two different people capable of using it - support/DPS Yda and WHM Aerith. Multiple scenarios of awesome damage.

Unfortunately crit doesn't stack. It doesn't even increase your critical rate--it just sets it to the specified value. Just something to keep in mind before you try putting Yda and Aeris in the same party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom