• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately crit doesn't stack. It doesn't even increase your critical rate--it just sets it to the specified value. Just something to keep in mind before you try putting Yda and Aeris in the same party.

No, I know that. I meant that I have two different people capable of using crit+ at different situations. If I need a physical support - Yda. If I need more defence and some extra healing power (+magic blink) - Aerith. Simple as that.

greyshark

Beat the Cid U+ finally. Brought two healers and RW Shout - still barely kept up with healing through Sephiroth's AoE assaults. Cloud and Seph's SSB's were enough damage to get me through it - had to S/L to avoid Meteor though.

LucaMac

I have my option set to auto default on

Turning it off each boss attempt is my GET PUMPED ritual

The same actually...and changing the speed from 5 to 1. Having to turn auto off is far less annoying than having to turn it on as the occasions are pretty much red dungeons onwards from the get go and sometimes an elite boss or two in events depending on gimmicks. While turning it on is pretty much every damn time. I reckon I've saved a day of my life at this point. Just press the icon to start the daily and walk away when my phone is charging. Come back a bit later and do the same. Stamina gone in no time while doing other things.

ccbfan

What are some good setups for auto dailies? (RMs? Back vs Front?)

I'm running out of Black Magic 4 (Ruinaga) characters and don't want to invest in Summons (Saving all my summon orbs for Bahamut if I'm lucky enough to snag some upcoming mage meta relics).

I'm stuck on the Turks ultimate dungeon. I don't have Sentinel Grimoire. Between Elena's grenade and Rude's Grand Spark is so much damage. I'm stumped on this fight.
I might be able to survive if they can cast Protectga, heals and Shellga.

friz898

Hi Guys,

I pop in and out of this thread since I don't have time to keep up! (I tried like 100 pages ago for a month).

Anyway, can I get the short and sweet on motes?

I have all the chars, most are 80, etc, I've been playing the game over a year, so familiar with game pretty well, but! I have paid little to zero attention to motes.

Now I have a stash and looking to get the extra ones from the gyshal greens, here are my few questions.

1. So uhm, it's like an item in a game where you get "materials" to build/level it up and attach it to a person. Assuming this is correct...

2. Is it like materia where you permanently have this item and it's interswapable (lol new word)... or is it something you attach to someone like a piece of gear that never comes off, therefore you're going to need LOTS of motes.

3. Do I really need to pay super attention which path I go with what person, or should I just do what makes sense and/or what I want. Example, WoL goes Knight or Warrior path.

4. How much of a difference maker is this? Does not seem like it would be a huge boosts if its just +1 stat here, +3 stats there, etc.

Thanks guys, Just looking for the cliff-notes version.

Hi Guys,

I pop in and out of this thread since I don't have time to keep up! (I tried like 100 pages ago for a month).

Anyway, can I get the short and sweet on motes?

I have all the chars, most are 80, etc, I've been playing the game over a year, so familiar with game pretty well, but! I have paid little to zero attention to motes.

Now I have a stash and looking to get the extra ones from the gyshal greens, here are my few questions.

1. So uhm, it's like an item in a game where you get "materials" to build/level it up and attach it to a person. Assuming this is correct...

2. Is it like materia where you permanently have this item and it's interswapable (lol new word)... or is it something you attach to someone like a piece of gear that never comes off, therefore you're going to need LOTS of motes.

3. Do I really need to pay super attention which path I go with what person, or should I just do what makes sense and/or what I want. Example, WoL goes Knight or Warrior path.

4. How much of a difference maker is this? Does not seem like it would be a huge boosts if its just +1 stat here, +3 stats there, etc.

Thanks guys, Just looking for the cliff-notes version.

2. The motes are spent once you use them, so you do need quite a lot.

3. 3* Motes aren't terribly rare, but 4* are scarce enough.

4. IMO, the most interesting thing about the mote is that they unlock new abilities for characters, e.g. Cloud can get access to 5* Spellblade abilities and Quistis can get 4* White Magic.

friz898

4. IMO, the most interesting thing about the mote sis that they unlock new abilities for characters, e.g. Cloud can get access to 5* Spellblade abilities and Quistis can get 4* White Magic.

Wow! I totally didn't know this. That IS good. I hate having Zack AND Cloud and they are almost idential with the fact that Zack seems to have higher utility.

Edit: I never made the connection that I was leveling up their "class" like Knight/Spellblade, I more thought I was giving them passive stats and their route was called "knight" meaning you're focusing on what they deem are important bonus stats for a knight. Now I get why this is a big deal. Thanks again.

friz898

FINALLY UP-TO-DATE. Including all elites mastered. I'm so happy.

I always keep the Classics mastered, but I gave up on the Elites around difficulty 110'ish. I could probably beat several more now, as I haven't tried in 6 months, and I now have nearly twice as many 80's as 65's (def not the case 6 months ago) but I don't have the patience or mithril for failure.

Eventually I'd like to do this though. Maybe a goal once every char is at their max 65/80 current cap.

I'm stuck on the Turks ultimate dungeon. I don't have Sentinel Grimoire. Between Elena's grenade and Rude's Grand Spark is so much damage. I'm stumped on this fight.
I might be able to survive if they can cast Protectga, heals and Shellga.

I ran a pure Mage team with cait sith dancing in the back ground.

But I have a Mage pin for red and two rods so I have high magic due to rs.
Red- quake r3 bioga r4
Reno- meteor r3 ruinga r4
Vincent valefor r5 flare r3
Cait sith mana paeon break dance fever
aeris curaja r5 protecga

Rw was quistis mighty guard for Shellga haste and regen.

A motley crew that wiped these shoes without a single reload and little danger throughout. No medals lost either.

I had sbs for red Reno and aeris but only used one heals wind of aeris.

Probably one of the more enjoyable battles I've had lately mainly due to such a weird team of zzzzz listers.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I finally did it! I caught up on all the normal dungeons. Didn't master them all. Going to slowly claw through some Elites I guess.

Also beat Sephiroth Ultimate or whatever (not the last one). I dun goofed with my Ramza though and used his default thing instead of shout >;\

Apparently Leeching Leap doesn't require power orbs.

To R4 it goes.

I made the same realization last night and set it to R3. I'll hone it again if I get something for Kain in a few days. I've got bad Jump hones in general and needed some options for Kain in the upcoming Cid Missions.

Balphon

Yeah, I was putting together a Barbariccia group and didn't want to have to use a 3* jump ability or a R1 Dragonfire Dive when I noticed. Figured R4 would be best since I have lots of lightning orbs and I can use all the no-air charges of a R2 Dragon Blood that way.

Keen. Two more Major Holy Orbs for me. Only five more for Saint Cross R3. Unfortunately, I probably can't get that many before the FF4 ultimates. Could use an orb festival right about now.

Oh dena. My Mage meta team easily handled the Turks again, now to deal with sephiroth at some point....

Took me a long time to do Seph CM with my FF7 party... I really don't want to redo this. I worked a new strat and leveled up some character a bit more near the end and I got it in a few tries after that so I hope it won't be too harsh... At least my 2 parties are still saved.

Edit: All right, U+ new CM done in 4 tries.

Anustart

Well played dena.

27th = white
28th = rainbow! Yes! Oh wait, shit ass fucking fire dagger that might as well be a white. For fucks sake.

So, I decided to log in to my jap account for the week giveaway x49. Still stuck at 41 stamina as I haven't played much but decided to pull on the Tyro banner.

https://imgur.com/EtFkrvO

Goddamn you Jap version.

Edit: I mean, with this and Fusion sword I got earlier I could pretty much switch versions right now. Hell, I might do it if DeNA decide to be idiots and not include guaranteed 5*.

Pejo

Just hit 50 mythril in time for the upcoming Rydia banner. Hoping my shitty luck on the BSSB fest turns around for this. Would love Cecil's BSSB.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just hit 50 mythril in time for the upcoming Rydia banner. Hoping my shitty luck on the BSSB fest turns around for this. Would love Cecil's BSSB.

the only way to get something is to convince yourself you don't want it after all

Ahnez

1/5 hp left to beat Ultimate+ Sephiroth, and he uses Ultimate Flashing Blade, follower by two Ultimate Meteors in a row.

Ok I guess.. ?

1/5 hp left to beat Ultimate+ Sephiroth, and he uses Ultimate Flashing Blade, follower by two Ultimate Meteors in a row.

Ok I guess.. ?

Ultimate Flashing Blade is scripted, so you can at least control when that happens. I opted to clear the fight with a magic blink RW to deal with Meteor.

Anustart

Im done with dungeons for a while. Going to grind dailies only for a bit. Too frustrating spending mythril and getting shit in return. Ill dip on lucky pulls only for a bit.

Kain

Ok I guess.. ?

rngjesus was angry at you. In my case he did 5 Shadow Flares in a row, I couldn't believe it. Next fight he was hitting like a puppy.

Tidd

Did one 11-pull --> 1 Dark Glove
Let's do a 15 mythril pull just for fun --> another Dark Glove!!!!!

I can't take another dupe after what I experienced on Banner 1 where I got 2 Heroic Scarfs and 2 Kefka Cloaks. ;__;

My need for ff4 gear is in conflict with my desire to save for banners of character I actually like :[ I guess I'll see if I can clear the ult + without pulling.

Really really needed IV synergy and Kain is one of my favorite FF characters and I really needed a good Medica.

4 11 pulls and one 100 gems pull. One of them was 0/11.

Shadowblade for Decil
Kotetsu for Edge (dupe...)
Genji Gloves III (yeah off-banner no SB relics!)
2 Dark Gloves (no comments)
Dream Harp as the best price.

I wanted Pecil BSB, Kain or Rosa SSB so much, denied big time. Still not a bad haul, Decil weapon offers me a native moderate Boostga and the harp gives me a native Haste. Will be able to RW wall for Cid's Mission and try to get by with 2 WHM or shared Medica. I wanted to allocate 150 Mythrils maximum for the banner and me not listening to myself gave me the off banner no SB and the dupe 5*, meh.

hesho

so i still want magic blink since i don't have it so did 100 gem, nothing..

did 1 x 11... 3 4*'s... ><
2nd 11 pull.. Kain's SSB, Rosa's SSB and Dark gloves...

i think i am good.

I should mention i already have P Cecil's BSB. I think i am good for FFIV synergy

Balphon

Got a dark glove with my 100 gems. Been getting lucky with them lately.

Has exactly the same stats as the FFXIV bracers I use all the time.

Falk

that puzzling face
iLpgY1Ul.png

47 MYTHRIL THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

edit: Oh yeah! I was supposed to 100gem this banner because Pecil

edit2:

zOYnjLwl.jpg

IIz3NhYl.jpg

can't wait for dark matter

image.php

ITS OK 3 MYTHRIL TO GO

hesho

actually, this is a little random, what do ppl use their rosetta stones on? I literally have not used a single one yet (i'm at 42) and i figure its time i do...

ITS OK 3 MYTHRIL TO GO

Suspense is killing me!

actually, this is a little random, what do ppl use their rosetta stones on? I literally have not used a single one yet (i'm at 42) and i figure its time i do...

From a few pages back:

Weapons with added effect like the Excaliburs and their Holy DMG+ or rarer types of weapons like a very strong Katana for characters that cannot get RS by equipping the usual swords and such.

5+ or ++ physical weapons, no armors no rods no staves. I dumped mine into bartz Excalibur which I have a + version, since it has added holy damage. Consider a gun since they are back row and few realms have them native. A ++ dagger that can be used by anyone. Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom