• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I'm doing one 11-pull on the Vega banner, then probably nothing until the next Soul Break Celebration. I might do a pull or two on the Squall SSB one (just so I have the chance to own ALL his relics lol) and/or on the Eiko flute banner that also has Vivi's amazing new rod (DOUBLECAST METEOR!!)

50 mythril left for refreshes. Oh boy. The worst part is ending with 8-9 stamina and having to wait until you hit/spend 15 to do another refresh. At some point I'm just going to start refreshing immediately because damn
A trick here was to not do the lower difficulties to start with then you could use those to sneak some refreshes in (in the example above one floor of hard is 10 stamina allowing you to refresh 15 minutes earlier than you would have otherwise).

Speaking of refreshes. I started my phase 4 refreshes too early and now I'm nearly out of non-capped black mages to use. Should have started once I got Hope.

I'm not sure what annoys me more, when my melee characters randomly decide to not target the same foe, or when all the enemies target fire one character leading to save scumming to keep everyone alive

Road

*puts head out of orb dungeon*

What's going on here? Bonus battles? New dungeon? New event? Hmm...

I think I'll get Cloud's MC2 tonight and maybe get Hope and level him up to 50 in the remaining of orb dungeon.

MicH

I just got one major orb and SEVEN greater orbs in 135 stamina. I think that's the most cactuars I've seen in a bar of stamina. And that's not even counting those that didn't drop a greater! I believe I saw about 10 cactuars and one Gigantuar

Wazzy

Banned
I wonder if Seifer will be after Hope or if they'll do Celes and Barts.

Either way, I'm anxious to do the SSB pull. I'm ready for it. <3
Or invent a new holiday. Happy Smarch-o-ween! &#55356;&#57219;

LOL I wouldn't complain.

I do really want those halloween items so hopefully we get them. I want Christmas items too. :D

Falk

that puzzling face
How much of a hassle is Ogopogo Elite? That's the last one I have to do from new update. Just doesn't look fun.

Relatively easy* with advance/retaliate. Otherwise Thundaja/Bioga//Biora/Comet at r4/5 and Reflect -should- be enough with good mage gear.

The big thing is that the trash is awful and you'll likely be using ability charges on top of recharge RMs to get through it.

This is where the Rydia buff is amazing, because Rydia with Valefor/Thundaja and Vivi with Meteor/Bioga is like a really good magic setup for this. (You can't use AOE on the boss since the counter hurts like hell, so Rydia having black magic access on top of it helps a ton)

*Not saying it's a cakewalk, but it's by far the least painless way to do it. It's similar to Bahamut/Dark Bahamut in that it's an AOE magic mitigation check. Magic Breakdown, Shellga, etc. I think Boon and SG are of equal value here since Boon lets you kill it faster.

I wonder if Seifer will be after Hope or if they'll do Celes and Barts.

Either way, I'm anxious to do the SSB pull. I'm ready for it. <3

LOL I wouldn't complain.

I do really want those halloween items so hopefully we get them. I want Christmas items too. :D
Work that FFVIII magic Wazzy! <3

We must get those Halloween items. Any holiday kitsch is right up my alley in games like this. The fact the pumpkin ball actually changes the sprite is fantastic.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
0/32 now on 100 gems pulls. The stats for this are low... Not sure how to calculate it anymore. First 27 were at 10%, last 5 at 12%.

(32 choose 0) * (0.1)^0 * (0.9)^27 * (0.12)^0 * (0.88)^5 = 0.0306 = 3%

Besides calculating your probability, I can also calculate the amount of money you've spent on nothing. 32 * $1 = $32.

Narag

3* shit for the 100 gem pull but then realized I hadn't done my free pull in a while due to lack of room:
CShv75fVEAAmd8W.jpg:large

(32 choose 0) * (0.1)^0 * (0.9)^27 * (0.12)^0 * (0.88)^5 = 0.0306 = 3%

Besides calculating your probability, I can also calculate the amount of money you've spent on nothing. 32 * $1 = $32.

Thanks for the numbers!

Yea, I have reached the equivalent of the money spent on a bad 11 paid pull. I had already successfully calculated that one. :p

I limit myself to 100 gems pulls, will not pay for anything else but so far the return have been terrible. I am ok with the amount it costs a month, never eating out or buying coffee in stores. However, I would appreciate a useful 3* or 4* more often.

Kenai

^ Nice! Grats on that free pull!.

Against my better judgement I did an 11 pull. Got Skycutter and another 5* bangle. Finally a BLM weapon! Hope and can be bros in our canon hatred of Snowpe.

Will barely have enough Mythril saved in time for the FF6 event but glad it was worth it. Skipping the Boon banner though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I set up Cloud with Zantetsuken and Zealot to autobattle the first part of the event.

And failed the first stage of the first dungeon because Cloud got confused, hit himself and naturally Zantetsuken procced.

GG lv2 difficulty dungeon too hard for lv80 tricked-out Cloud.

CW9pxkfl.jpg

ZangBa

Decided to pull on the Organics banner with the 50 mythril I had left just for the hell of it and didn't get it, but I did get the Dragon Armlet which is pretty good to me so I'm not even mad. A party she'll SB is really good compared to like, triple cut or whatever garbage base SB'S I still have.

I don't know what to save my mythril for next. After these events are through I still have plenty of classic and elite dungeons to go through so I'll still be able to aquire a lot. Maybe a FFIX banner since it's my favorite, I love Beatrix, and I have very weak synergy there. Or just wait for Jecht/FFT.

I'm hoping to grind through some more event dungeons for upgrade materials, and some more orbfest to hone my abilities to tackle the Lost Memories boss rush and Jenova for Cloud's MC2 before it's all over. Not feeling too confident though, at least I got my breaks to R4 and stop as well.

Wazzy

Banned
Work that FFVIII magic Wazzy! <3

We must get those Halloween items. Any holiday kitsch is right up my alley in games like this. The fact the pumpkin ball actually changes the sprite is fantastic.
I really hope I get Squalls SSB because I've been saving for so long LOL

If I snag it early enough, I'll probably save the rest of my Mythril for Laguna banner. It also depends on what kind of pulls I do on Seifer's.

And that's really awesome the sprite changes! It's like the SSB's :D

Red Mage

If I snag it early enough, I'll probably save the rest of my Mythril for Laguna banner. It also depends on what kind of pulls I do on Seifer's.

I hate Laguna's event. It gave me two Sell fists in the JP version. >=l

Road

Fight Jenova Life, gets Cloud MC2. Fight Jenova Death in sequence, gets Cloud RM3.

Every RM should be like this. Both fights were easy, due to plenty of synergy and no break resistance. Just went with Planet Protector RW and physical attack them to death.

Now, to get Hope.

Watch you get it on your 100 gem pull. ;)

And the Laguna banners are incredible. I can't wait. :D

Falk

that puzzling face
Fight Jenova Life, gets Cloud MC2. Fight Jenova Death in sequence, gets Cloud RM3.

Every RM should be like this. Both fights were easy, due to plenty of synergy and no break resistance. Just went with Planet Protector RW and physical attack them to death.

Respectfully disagree - the superbosses should have break resistance, or they get much harder to tune.

Having a boss do 1/3 (slightly less actually) completely dependent on whether you brought a single ability (and can keep it at 100% uptime) that's not the opportunity cost of a SB or friend summon is a little too much. Break resistance brings Breakdowns in line with stuff like shellga/protectga. More if you can stack Full Break.

Ditto offensive side. Much harder to tune how much HP a boss should have if your entire party does 6000k hits or 9999 hits just from applying breakdowns.

Otherwise, yeah, totes agree that the superbosses should have enough thought put into the design that it's hard by being mechanically hard, not hard because you're fighting RNG.

edit: Yo dawgs, just finished panel 2 of my jigsaw, closed timelapse app, went back to FFRK and saw this. (check out the stamina bar)

Talk about a close shave!

rz1NeUil.jpg

Nohar

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done pulling until the Super Super Super Soul Break Festival (banner 97+). Let's hope we will get the Lucky Draw again too.

I pulled on the XIII banner wanting some hot mage gear or nice armour (plus it had less do not want relics than the VII banner). What did I get instead? Not one, but two Blazefire Saber. I already have two. Looks like I'm getting a 7* weapon then (257 attack with RS, 131 without). Not quite the result I wanted but still a good result as it means I've crossed the line where I can think about trashing some 3* swords as even at ++ and relm synergy, they will not be as good. Feels a bit weird though getting rid of pulled items...

The rest of pull had some amusing things. A 4th Healer's Staff, yet another Shuriken (I now have two fake 5* ones
they're still terrible
) and two wing swords (which will eventually be combined and rot in my inventory for 6 months as they are FFII).

My future planned pulls are FFV, FFIX#2 (also good mage gear), maybe FFX and I can afford those with the Mythril I have right now.

MrDaravon

Are there any FF Realms that are either particularly common or uncommon in terms of events? My inventory is constantly a disaster, need to ditch stuff. Seem to get FFV and FFXII stuff most commonly.

MicH

Are there any FF Realms that are either particularly common or uncommon in terms of events? My inventory is constantly a disaster, need to ditch stuff. Seem to get FFV and FFXII stuff most commonly.
Most common events are based on VI and VII by far

EDIT What in the world, I just randomly got 13 new followers at once. I honestly thought I finally got my Welcome Pack only to be disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom