• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Most common events are based on VI and VIII by far

EDIT What in the world, I just randomly got 13 new followers at once. I honestly thought I finally got my Welcome Pack only to be disappointed :(

Will keep that in mind.

But seriously, how do people manage this shit? Especially since you have to mange RS, on top of different people being able to equip different gear (this is what really gets me). At late game do you just equip everyone (even those not in your party) with RS gear for their FF game and swap characters as opposed to gear? Right now that'd be less optimal for me since I have way more say, FFVI gear than I do FFVI characters, but I could see that maybe working later if you have 3+ characters from every realm? I need a light at the end of the tunnel here lol.

MicH

Will keep that in mind.

But seriously, how do people manage this shit? Especially since you have to mange RS, on top of different people being able to equip different gear (this is what really gets me). At late game do you just equip everyone (even those not in your party) with RS gear for their FF game and swap characters as opposed to gear? Right now that'd be less optimal for me since I have way more say, FFVI gear than I do FFVI characters, but I could see that maybe working later if you have 3+ characters from every realm? I need a light at the end of the tunnel here lol.
Oops, I just noticed I wrote VIII instead of VII. I meant VII.

Synergy is really important. A 3* item combined into a 5* is generally weaker than a natural 5*, but with synergy is becomes stronger than a natural 5* without synergy. I don't know the actual math, but synergy seems to about double the stats of the item (maybe a bit more than double?) so that way it's easier to compare relics.

EDIT Yaaay, we got those awesome Halloween items!! FINALLY I HAVE A BLITZBALL

Swap gear around; RS for equips is more important than RS for characters. Setting favorite parties helps here.

Falk

that puzzling face

JqB85g1.jpg

Razmos

Ohhh the items are different. They are XIII synergy rather than X and the pumpkin is a thrown item, not a blitzball.

Not complaining, I really needed some XIII synergy.

The pumpkin also has a chance to blind on hit, neat!
And the Witches Hat soul break increases the magic of ALL allies, not just the user.

Falk

that puzzling face
Will keep that in mind.

I personally saved my mage meta loadouts to the party recall menu. Each FF from 1 to 14 (except 11) gets saved to that respective slot loaded out with all the RS gear I have.

Even if the exact loadout changes from fight to fight, recalling those parties as a base cuts out 3/4 of the UI shenanigans, since some of them already have RS gear for that realm equipped. Probably.

Nohar

These past few weeks have been amazing.

If they announce that we get the new UI after Hope's event, I'm gonna faint.

Also, the Halloween items we got are slightly better than their japanese counterparts (Throw instead of Blitz Ball, and AoE +15% Mag instead of use on self only, not to mention they are XIII synergy).

MicH

Oh, it's not a blitzball. bUT IT'S STILL MY FIRST 5* THROWN ITEM! :p

XIII synergy sucks for me though (I have so much already), but I'll gladly take them! That hat is real nice

Tidus and Wakka (and Rikku) are the only ones who can use blitzballs right? I know Wakka can use thrown, but can Tidus as well?

EDIT He can! I'm actually much more satisfied with this being a thrown item :D A XIII synergy blitzball would have been weird

Falk

that puzzling face
Both give +15% MAG IIRC. However, that shared SB is, well, a SB: it takes times to fill up the jauge.

You're talking to someone who has zero shared SB items that's worth chucking on stinkers like Yuna or Rydia.

edit: Come to think of it, instead of putting something like Vow of Vengeance or Rod Mastery, you might as well equip Mako Might and this helm.

Razmos

Holy shit, the evil lantern gives 105 EVA (weapons do not usually give EVA)

Also it is glitched, it shows up in the upgrade UI as a blitzball

Please tell me this game will eventually get an update which lets you toggle record synergy while equipping characters by realm so its easier to see what is better without having to enter and escape the realm 2-3 times

ccbfan

I just started a few weeks ago and the orb fest been a Godsend.

1. Got a majority of my useful characters to 50+
2. Got a few level 3 skills to R4.
3. Got a ton of Gold.
4. Got a couple Level 4 skills. (Still need to decide a few).
5. Got 4 5* items, Rydia Whip, Vivi Staff, Mog Scarf, ninja suit. Also got a sword from before.

Couple of decisions I need to make though.

1. Which 4* summon to get
2. Are 4* thun/fire/ice skills worth it?
3. Is Curaja Worth it.
4. Should I run more banners even without the half price or should I wait for events like the current one.

Also how much of a difference does synergy makes? From what I see from the helper screen it looks like it increase quite a bit.

Oh yeah Halloween! If only that music persisted into the Orb Event, instead we're haunted by the Gold Saucer theme still.

The hat's pretty useful for this new event that started too - straight onto Vanille.

MrDaravon

Swap gear around; RS for equips is more important than RS for characters. Setting favorite parties helps here.

Oops, I just noticed I wrote VIII instead of VII. I meant VII.

Synergy is really important. A 3* item combined into a 5* is generally weaker than a natural 5*, but with synergy is becomes stronger than a natural 5* without synergy. I don't know the actual math, but synergy seems to about double the stats of the item (maybe a bit more than double?) so that way it's easier to compare relics.

I personally saved my mage meta loadouts to the party recall menu. Each FF from 1 to 14 (except 11) gets saved to that respective slot loaded out with all the RS gear I have.

Even if the exact loadout changes from fight to fight, recalling those parties as a base cuts out 3/4 of the UI shenanigans, since some of them already have RS gear for that realm equipped. Probably.

Fuck, I was really hoping there was going to be an easier out for me here lol. Navigating inventory bullshit is the only thing I don't like about this game. Especially the point I'm at since I don't have a ton of natural 4/5* items, so I have to be looking at 2 and 3* stuff for synergy and blahaldhfadjf

Edit: Ooh, as a new player I will gladly take two free 5* items, thank you.

Should I really be holding onto upgrade mats for any reason? I've been using them but I just got the 10 5* mats from the current event for daily logins, are 5* upgrade mats special enough to save or no? Guessing not?

Fuck, I was really hoping there was going to be an easier out for me here lol. Navigating inventory bullshit is the only thing I don't like about this game. Especially the point I'm at since I don't have a ton of natural 4/5* items, so I have to be looking at 2 and 3* stuff for synergy and blahaldhfadjf

Edit: Ooh, as a new player I will gladly take two free 5* items, thank you.

Should I really be holding onto upgrade mats for any reason? I've been using them but I just got the 10 5* mats from the current event for daily logins, are 5* upgrade mats special enough to save or no? Guessing not?

Just use them. You'll get more as you play; they're not really that rare.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not at all, but due to the way the upgrade costs work, using 5* and 4* mats to upgrade 2* items has always seemed like overkill to me.

The big limiter (especially when you start honing to r3/r4 and combining twice) is Gil, but even that's probably a lot more lax with the Orbfest headstart.

MrDaravon

Not at all, but due to the way the upgrade costs work, using 5* and 4* mats to upgrade 2* items has always seemed like overkill to me.

Right, I've been using higher level mats for higher * gear and lower level mats for lower * gear. Remember I still haven't earned a lot of mats, none of my 5* gear is maxed yet :p. I figured I was safe to use them, just wanted to make sure since it was the first 5* mats I'd seen.

I think I'm going to have to start plugging stuff into one of the inventory sites to keep track of what I should be using though.

Edit: Are there any notable characters where Daggers are their best option? I'm drowning in daggers for some reason. I found the Toolkit page where you can see what characters can use what which is helpful but doesn't narrow it down in that fashion specifically. Wondering because I have a lot of swords actually, and daggers don't seem like they'd ever be a better option over that.

So happy we got the Halloween items. :) Strange that they changed them to XIII synergy and made the blitzball a thrown weapon, but anyone who can use a blitzball can also use a throw weapons so this makes it more versatile. The new title screen and music is awesome too.

Thanks DeNA. 👍🏼

Razmos

So happy we got the Halloween items. :) Strange that they changed them to XIII synergy and made the blitzball a thrown weapon, but anyone who can use a blitzball can also use a throw weapons so this makes it more versatile. The new title screen and music is awesome too.

Thanks DeNA. 👍🏼
Well the only reason they were X synergy in the first place was to help with the next event in JP which is the X-2 one.

They just decided to do the same thing here with helping us with the current event, and Blitzballs wouldn't have made sense in XIII so they changed it.

MicH

Yeah, DeNA have really stepped up their game lately. I hope we get the new UI somewhat soon like we have with all the character buffs and stuff

Well the only reason they were X synergy in the first place was to help with the next event in JP which is the X-2 one.

They just decided to do the same thing here with helping us with the current event, and Blitzballs wouldn't have made sense in XIII so they changed it.
Yeah, that's what I figured, still a bit weird to have the items be different types/synergies between versions.

I'm not complaining though, I think we got the better end of the deal. As I said before, every Blitzball user can use Throw weapons too so this makes it useable by more people. I'm so glad they're not holding back on seasonal events.

Razmos

I hope we eventually get a physical thrown weapon user in FFXIII though. Noel would make sense since he throws javelins. So it might be a handy item once he is released.

I hope we eventually get a physical thrown weapon user in FFXIII though. Noel would make sense since he throws javelins. So it might be a handy item once he is released.
It already makes Wakka, Tidus, Locke, Jecht and Rikku more useful in XIII realms, so that's a big plus. And they're all pretty decent characters to begin with.

All those dumb ranged bosses in XIII. :/

The volume on this menu theme is much quieter than the rest of the game :( Well listened to now so BGM gets muted again (by day 2 I had enough of hearing golden saucer).

Regarding upgrade materials a 5* material is about the same as two 3* materials but when it comes to 2* armour/weapon a 2* upgrade material will max them out just fine. A 5* weapon/armour will reach 19/20 with ten 5* upgrades are used on it. Those numbers are assuming scarletite is used on weapons and adamantite is used on armour.

Speaking of which I'm probably heading the daily dungeon sometime. Yes these gifts being FFXIII synergy is what has pushed me over the edge.

Edit: Are there any notable characters where Daggers are their best option? I'm drowning in daggers for some reason. I found the Toolkit page where you can see what characters can use what which is helpful but doesn't narrow it down in that fashion specifically. Wondering because I have a lot of swords actually, and daggers don't seem like they'd ever be a better option over that.
If you end up using retaliate strategies a lot then you are unlikely to have a strong Katana for Sephiroph and Cyan to use so they're going to want daggers (other retaliate users like Cloud can use swords).

Since anyone can use daggers most monk types (and Red XIII) are probably going to end up using them (unless you get better fists) though monks are a little underwhelming.

Even at 1/20, the pumpkin is my strongest thrown weapon without rs, and second best ranged weapon to the vega. So now hope is slightly less useless autoing through the orb dungeons. And the hat is my best non rs-enhanced Mage gear even at 1/20, going strictly by the mag up, with a soul break that can be used on say rydia who otherwise the sb is Garbage. Awesome. The value is entirely dependent on what you have, these relics are pretty worthless for my Japan team, go figure, particular the mythril investment between the two.

Sure hope they fix the hat's complete lack of evasion. One thing that I find really interesting is that XIII doesn't have any hats naturally that I'm aware of, in both Global and JP. All the armor seems to be Bangles/Light Armor/Robes, so that gives additional value to this new hat.

Sure hope they fix the hat's complete lack of evasion. One thing that I find really interesting is that XIII doesn't have any hats naturally that I'm aware of, in both Global and JP. All the armor seems to be Bangles/Light Armor/Robes, so that gives additional value to this new hat.
It looks like they've given its evade to the pumpkin instead (which in real life translates to about 20% dodge rate vs physical) as it has 105 evade (5 evade tends to be as far as weapons went). Unless the pumpkin was meant to have that (could be a Halloween thing).

I still expect a fix and maybe apology mythril though.

greyshark

Upgrading the Halloween items has finally cleared my inventory of upgrade materials. I don't know what to do with all this space ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom