• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the arrival of Cid's Mission, I realized that I barely ever use my A Team anymore. With the way medals are distributed for U and U+ now, most of the time you either get mastery or you just wipe. Yes there is the rare occasion where you scrape a win by a last hit on your only surviving character, but as I just wrote it's not common.

Now I am faced with the game being either too easy (main team) or frustrating (most of the time) S/L fest ending in a mastery with CM team. I am not sure exactly what is my problem but I find myself not enjoying the game that much anymore, 8 days events also contributing a lot to this feeling.

Finally, I also realized that the happiness of getting what I want is overall not as strong as the opposite feeling I get when I go 0/11 or save a lot and end up not getting what I was aiming for. In fact, I think that good pulls make me mostly happy because I do not get the feeling I get when I do bad pulls, the actual good relics being secondary to my happiness. I don't know, maybe I am just weird... I always found it difficult to quit something where I invested a lot of time and effort. Time is a precious commodity and keeping doing something that brings me more negativity than happiness sounds stupid. I wish I was not that much of a fan of this series. I wish I could take this game more casually but I am such a all or nothing person in games.

It's not ruining my life or anything, it's just that the current state of things got me thinking.

... I nearly rolled on FFVII banner 2 by accident

edit:
Image of Falk falking.

THATS A LOT OF YELLOWS LOL

I was about to write "Maybe you should have". Haha, man that luck...

Dark Gloves and Dream Harp. Hmm. It's cool that I now have basically the Platinum Sword for MAG parties, but I still don't have any MAG SB/SSBs. Don't know if I'll have enough mythril for another 11x pull before the banner ends, but I might try to pull with whatever I end up with to try again for the Artemis Bow or one of the physical SBs.

With the arrival of Cid's Mission, I realized that I barely ever use my A Team anymore. With the way medals are distributed for U and U+ now, most of the time you either get mastery or you just wipe. Yes there is the rare occasion where you scrape a win by a last hit on your only surviving character, but as I just wrote it's not common.

Use your B Team then.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the harder the challenge, the more fun I have.

But I'll posit that right now I really don't have the time to S/L for 2 hours for a single boss the way I could when e.g. Brynhildr was the new hot thing. (ehehehe)

edit: since you jerks are obviously thinking "lol i bet falk is trolling and just googling for images of bad pulls" here's a totally not photoshopped picture of sort-by-gained for your viewing pleasure

UxB255Ql.jpg

edit2: I just realized I pulled almost 2x as many 4*s as I did 3*

how's that for an amazing pull!

Use your B Team then.

But there is no point in spending the stamina twice when you can clear the CM and get all the rewards in the first go. Most of my CM teams are classified as D team I think.

I think the harder the challenge, the more fun I have.

But I'll posit that right now I really don't have the time to S/L for 2 hours for a single boss the way I could when e.g. Brynhildr was the new hot thing. (ehehehe)

That's my problem now I think. Either no time or not as much patience toward bad RNG anymore.

Falk

that puzzling face
I did get:

2nd Crystal Bangle VII 4++ (sold the other)
Sage Staff IV 4++
Some Dagger IX 4++
2nd Knight Armor I 4+
2nd Wizard Bracelet X 4+

NEED MORE 4*s

Dark Matter plz.

Oh yeah and the 100Gem was a 2nd Rune Axe V 4++

edit: Unironically, armors are totally worth getting multiple 4++ of since in many cases 4*+++s out-stat 5*s in RS.

Xetherion

Got Rosa's bow and Edward's harp on my 11 pull. Happy to have a magic blink finally, but don't know if i'll ever use Edward outside of CM. I only use mage teams for Sleep vulnerable bosses usually, so physical Support is a no go.

I still really need a 5* sword for FFIV though, the only RS 5* physical weapons i have are a katana, a spear, and now a harp, but none of the 3 characters I have physical SSB's for can use any of those. I have 83 mythril now, and I want to have enough for the Nightmare Lucky Draws, the FFIX banner 2 with Beatrix's SSB, and the Tactics banner 2 with Platinum Sword. I think i'll be okay if I do one more 11 pull...

Bah, still no swords. Got 1 5*, Kain's SSB. Well at least I have a SSB DPSer that can use spears now.

I'm such an idiot gaf. I had 50 mythril and got two 5*harps on the 11 pull.

Said screw it and dropped $90 bucks for 3 more 11 pulls. Got 2 dark Cecil swords, 1 edge katana and that SSB bow.

I feel like shit. This isn't worth it.

You got 2 of the 3 best items on the banner, which is a fairly good result for the equivalent of 200 mythril.

I don't feel like I did. I feel horrible. I promised myself I'd never spend money on this game again. Why did I do it??? Something possessed me. For what ever reason I thought pulling and getting items in this game would be a good idea again. I was short on ffiv physical 5* weapons so I thought I should try. I'm absolutely regretful. Seriously the price of admission for pulls in this is so, SO steep. It's really crazy. Yet here I am doing it. This time was the last time. I hope.

Kain

I did two yolo 15 mythril pull because why the fuck not until Basch's I'm not pulling again and fuck fests and got Rosa's bow. I'm sorry Falk :(

Now I have THREE magical blinks: Beatrix, Rosa and Aerith. Fuck, now I have to choose #FirstWorldProblems #TooManyWaifus

I think Aerith's is only useful with synergy, Rosa's is awesome, I can try and run with Shout as RW and not bother with magic resistance UP with all those blinks.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean if you feel you have a problem spending things you either can't afford or feel shitty about after, you absolutely should be taking preventive measures. Get ahold of someone (preferably irl) that you'll run all gacha expenditure through before doing it.

It's a good stopgap, and (assuming that person isn't a dick who wants to watch the world burn etc) -if- you get a second opinion that it's okay to pull - maybe it's been some time, or whatever, really - at least you had someone not yourself also endorsing.

Pejo

I'm such an idiot gaf. I had 50 mythril and got two 5*harps on the 11 pull.

Said screw it and dropped $90 bucks for 3 more 11 pulls. Got 2 dark Cecil swords, 1 edge katana and that SSB bow.

I feel like shit. This isn't worth it.

Been there, I stopped at 50 Mythril + a 28.99 purchase of gems this time. It also wasn't worth it, as I just ended up with Kain lance, and a 3rd duplicate Edge sword.

Cecil's BSSB was just a dream.....

Ah well, time to save up for the next fest.

I did have a small fail safe when I deleted my credit card info from Google awhile back. What did I do this week? Reinput it and bought some coins for Pokemon GO. This enabled me to pull in FFRK at the touch of a button. Spending money on virtual items is just the worst use of money in my mind, however I do it time and time again. I just need to suck it up. It especially burns this time because FFRK is SO EXPENSIVE. Seriously, to throw $30 at possibly absolutely nothing is really gross. Maybe one day this'll all be regulated to prevent misuse of lottery type systems and loot box situations.

I have the Play store set to ask for my password on every purchase which means I have to go open up my password manager to dig up my password every time. It's done a halfway decent job of preventing me from impulse purchasing lol.

Xetherion

I don't feel like I did. I feel horrible. I promised myself I'd never spend money on this game again. Why did I do it??? Something possessed me. For what ever reason I thought pulling and getting items in this game would be a good idea again. I was short on ffiv physical 5* weapons so I thought I should try. I'm absolutely regretful. Seriously the price of admission for pulls in this is so, SO steep. It's really crazy. Yet here I am doing it. This time was the last time. I hope.

If you live in California, you can call 1-800-GAMBLER to get help at no charge. Outside of Cali i don't know, but other places might have similar programs if you Google gambling addiction help or something.

greyshark

Dropped 100 mythril on Rydia 1 - went 7/22!

3 Dark Gloves
1 Luminous Robe
1 Off-banner non-SB XIII coat
1 Edge Katana
1 D. Cecil Sword

I shouldn't complain about going 7/22 as my IV synergy needs are set now, but man getting 7 5* and none of the 4 relics I wanted is rough :/.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Falk, you make me laugh while simultaneously feeling bad for you.

*sprinkles good luck dust on Falk for next pull*

It'll work....BELIEVE!

Anyone else feel Dena should just make summon orbs part of the regular orbs as opposed to being event exclusive? It feels like it's been a long time since summons were that dominate in the game.

Shouta

Happened again...I lost my second JP FFRK account I think, lol.

I tried unrooting my phone for another mobage so I created a back up of my apps and did some work on my phone. Got that done and locked my phone again but apparently FFRK wasn't saved in the backup because they do it differently or something. I tried logging in with the email I used but no go, woof. Looks like I'm done again. I just got Shadow's Burst weapon a few days ago too.

The kicker is that the app I unrooted my phone for doesn't work with my backup data from before because they did something to flag it. So I can't access my data there either lol.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Happened again...I lost my second JP FFRK account I think, lol.

I tried unrooting my phone for another mobage so I created a back up of my apps and did some work on my phone. Got that done and locked my phone again but apparently FFRK wasn't saved in the backup because they do it differently or something. I tried logging in with the email I used but no go, woof. Looks like I'm done again. I just got Shadow's Burst weapon a few days ago too.

The kicker is that the app I unrooted my phone for doesn't work with my backup data from before because they did something to flag it. So I can't access my data there either lol.
Do you have the will to keep going? :(

Falk

that puzzling face
It's inevitable. You're going to run out of mainline content and side game content sooner rather than later. We've had this discussion a few times.

edit:
Kongbakpao started off by basically lifting info off Muketsu and running it through Google Translate.

It's gotten a lot better since a few prominent redditors stepped in, but things still fall through the cracks - such is the life of a community information site being done pro bono and having a translation be its basic building block rather than from-scratch.

edit: About MC3s, here are my updated predictions in how the game flows in the coming year: (Again, talking out my ass, but a lot of prior things did come to pass like summons becoming double hit because I'm nostrafalkus)

- Getting to 65 will be super easy, getting to 80 will be like getting to 65 currently, and most characters will exist between 80 and 99, with a steep increase in XP required (prediction: 3x, making the entire grind 4-5x as long due to extra 4 levels right at the top
- MC3 gives Break Damage Limit
- With the diminishing returns on both buff stacking and raw stats (essentially a double dip), BDL is now feasible without people zooming right to 99999 multi-hits when they break. Foreseeing that some formula would be tweaked (ATK softcap increasing based on levels starting from 80, for example) and especially physical vs magic balance revisited.
- 6* gear starts appearing. A tier above BSSB, and the next power upgrade. The power jump will follow SBs -> SSBs -> BSSBs in that they're a ~2 to 2.5x increase in raw output.
- Record Drive gets expanded upon. It's obviously in vestigial stages right now.
- Crystals become farmable. 6* abilities start entering actual usage rather than being status symbols.

And here's the really zany predictions:
- Nightmare hitting 12th crystal opens up new story content, most likely:
- Elites as they are become extremely easy thanks to BDL and 6* RS. A new tier is introduced above Elite for all dungeons, opening up a lot of content at a much higher difficulty. Elite stamina values are tweaked slightly downward.
- Events finally get an overhaul with the bonus battles being condensed. Boss rush as the first bonus battle probably stops becoming a permanent fixture.

The whole idea is that 1) adding a carrot on a stick in terms of power level needs to happen to retain current playerbase and 2) that makes it harder and harder for new players to reach endgame content which creates a high entry barrier. These are two completely antagonistic goals towards each other. The only games that have succesfully pulled it off basically make it easier to blow through all old content and reach a 'intended progression start point'. A really good example of this being handled decently is WoW throughout its lifespan - each expansion resets progression and makes it easy for newcomers to get to a startpoint for that current expansion.

FFRK historically has seen shakeups every six months or so. SSBs (a little late) and BSSBs marked the large gear jumps 6 and 12 months in. I don't think the game can really go much further beyond what BSSBs do now, with the 9999 limit without some kind of larger reset, which both BDL, lv99 cap and 6* gear would bring.

p.s. feel free to bookmark this post and then come back to laugh at me in a year's time.

Not really a year's time yet, but still rather entertaining already.

As I feel I need a little break from the game I decide to do a "fuck all" pull despite saving for orbfests. I possibly wanted Kain's relic and any FFIV synergy since I have almost nothing except the flame cloak. Granted me Excalibur, Rosa's bow and the glove.

I should pull more often when I don't care, it seems to help somehow.

B.K.

That five free Mythril gave me just enough to do an 11 pull. I got Edward's harp and 10 pieces of garbage. Edward's harp is the least useful piece of equipment on that banner for me. I use a mostly physical team. That harp's soul break is useless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom