• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

Woke up this morning preparing to be disappointed with my last 50 mythril. 1 5*. I expected another Shadowblade, and it's Excalibur C:. Looks like I'm running double Knight now.

Pretty sure every mobile game is taking a huge hit in players and money due to the Pokemans.

Though in this particular case PoGo rolled out just as a huge content vacuum opened in FFRK with a bigger event gap, no Orbfest and no great abilities for a long time. Not a great timing for sure.

B.K.

This game loves trolling me by giving me the items I don't want. I did an 11 pull on banner one when it went up and got Edward's harp. I did another single pull with my last five Mythril Sunday and got another copy of Edward's harp.

Thinking about pulling on the FF8 banner on Thursday. My FF8 synergy is fine, but it has a lot of room for improvement. With the summer Mythril and dungeon update, I'll have plenty to still cover the Support Lucky Draw next week.

Got 2x Cid's goggles -.-, already had 1. and Green Megaphone on the current FF7 banner in Japan.

Hate my luck in this game. But I guess the megaphone is a good get.

c-murph

game needs something interesting soon.. i find myself being to lazy to even do ultimate fights nowadays....

But we got 4 new stages today!!....

Yeah, the game is losing my interest... FFBE is an actual game. I like it better. FFRK needs a story mode.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think it's a coincidence Brave Exvius launched just as fatigue with FFRK was setting in for a lot of people.

Kyari

I don't think it's a coincidence Brave Exvius launched just as fatigue with FFRK was setting in for a lot of people.

I do worry now for the future of FFRK, especially since the event rollout is slowing down and we're skipping more and more content because so much of the JP side is collabs.

I'd be quite upset if they shut this game down in the near future.

Kouriozan

I'm still playing Record Keeper even if it's just collecting daily rewards and doing new events, I do hope there will be new exciting content soon.
I also have 350 mythrils and can do everything easily appart from the upcoming Ifrit fragment dungeon I'm sure.

MrDaravon

Yeah, game really needs a shot in the arm. The FFT fiasco + us missing the past orbfest + lots of people getting burned (again) on the bannerfest + slowing down of events and missing events has hurt the game significantly. Add in Pokemon Go (which is hurting everyone to be fair) but more directly FFBE which is a pretty direct compeitor and it's a bad look for FFRK right now. I'm still playing but am purely on maintenance mode with just burning Stamina on dailies and new content as it hits but that's it. Been burned so badly so many times on pulls that I'm not even doing 100 gem pulls anymore, and I'm doing zero mythril pulls until we get guaranteed 5*'s. There's just not any real excitement or stuff to look forward to right now.

FFBE is an interesting diversion I've been messing with here and there, it's definitely way more of an actual "game" than FFRK is and it has some hooks that are appealing enough to me that I will probably continue to mess with it casually, but it's also way more of a time commitment and grind, and it's gacha is probably actually worse than FFRK's since you're rolling literally for characters, not just items. It's still a pretty neat thing and I'm sure that it's pulled some people off FFRK completely, but I feel like they're hitting pretty different notes for me personally at least.

All that being said I'm sure FFRK is still doing well for them and isn't going anywhere remotely soon.

sasliquid

I got burned out last year and started playing last month. I mostly use Record keeper as a Reading Tool, something to have going in the background so it feels like I'm multitasking.

Anyone know when the next big update which will reset the daily dungeons is? Need dat (basically) free mythril

Xetherion

I don't understand how everyone keeps saying FFBE is more of a game than FFRK is. Brave Frontier is a simplistic turn-based click or swipe game, and FFRK requires much more thought than BF ever did. Is FFBE more than just a BF clone with an FF skin?

Falk

that puzzling face
It's possible to like one over the other just for the different emphasis, just as it is possible to like both.

Brave Exvius endgame has been much more of a crapshoot, but it's got a story (for whatever that's worth) plus actual locations like towns and dungeons.

It really depends what you define as 'gameplay', I guess.

Kouriozan

Or do like me and play Record Keeper, Brave Exvius AND Mobius at the same time once it comes out :p
I like each games for their difference, I don't really have a favorite.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't keep up; I can manage at most 3 mobage. ;p

Which right now is

FFRK
KHUX
Granblue
Exvius

... ... wait a minute

Lately, I've been playing:

FFRK
One Piece Treasure Cruise
Marvel Future Fight
FFBE
Kingdom Hearts Unchained x
Pokemon Go
Bleach Brave Souls (Occasionally)

@_@

Kenai

I got so bored of Unchained I didn't even re-dl it when I got a new phone a week or so ago. Just Go and RK for me. Trying to climb out of Silver on LoL and make progress on Palace of the Dead in 14 while weaving in time for single player games as they come out is kinda fun I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, it's kinda sad that the last time I booted up a game on Steam or console (not counting Stephen's Sausage Roll which is similarly good for short bursts) is March. A full third of a year ago.

I'm just running around too much these days so mobile gaming has been kind of a getaway.

(Except these past two months has been brutal and I often go almost a week without logging in to some of the ones I'm actively playing)

Wake me up when September ends and I can start clearing out my ~real game~ backlog.

WarAdept

Over the past 2 weeks, I've regularily been maxing out my stamina and not doing anything about it. GAME IS OVER.

ALL HAIL POKEMON.

But seriously, Monster Arena when DeNA.

As for Brave Exvius, the grind is so bad. All I'm doing right now is basically doing the dailies for the Lapis (which require far more effort than RK's dailies) and twiddling my thumbs just spamming the hell out of Highlands for Rank XP. No tangable rewards for grinding in endgame apart from the super rare Trust Masteries, which is stupid as hell. I don't know why I play it. Probably so I can spend all my 50 Summoning Tickets when Lightning/Luneth finally shows up and get 50 Shadow's instead.

So the Japanese version of RK is getting another reoccurring harder then current power creep dungeons called nightmare dungeons. I wonder if global will call them abyss dungeons?

Have they ever announced event nearly a month in advance?
ywXEuzBl.png

Also 5 day log in of something like 1/1/3/5/10 mythril,,,

Announcing that stuff so far in advance honestly sounds kinda desperate on their part, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Considering what was announced are the two thing global rk has whined about the most (missing the last orb fest and no collab events) I feel it's a mix of good will and apologies and not a panic to save the global version.

Sad dena, just sad. Announcing stuff a month in advance. Please don't forget our game...This week is pretty packed with dungeons event and nightmare, but why not the first week of August for the orb fest start. Better be the full orbfest.

hesho

i wonder if they noticed less users past couple of days hence the announcement.....

edit: am i the only one that is like meh to orbfest... still pretty indifferent...

Sad dena, just sad. Announcing stuff a month in advance. Please don't forget our game...This week is pretty packed with dungeons event and nightmare, but why not the first week of August for the orb fest start. Better be the full orbfest.

For real though. They probably shat their pants when they saw people dropping this game like flies. That orb fest had better be real good. I have so many freaking characters that I need to level up.

For real though. They probably shat their pants when they saw people dropping this game like flies. That orb fest had better be real good. I have so many freaking characters that I need to level up.

Rolling out difficult cid missions weekly when we haven't had an orb fest in months. I had all characters maxed at the end of last one and now I'm burning eggs to use newer characters or new mc2s that fit the missions better, like cait sith, kain, Edward etc. some of that egg use is fine but I was trying to save a huge amount for when the mc3s hit.

Negator

Orbfest is good because it's a highly efficient event with good drop rates of a set of orbs, good experience, and good gil.

Dissidia event is good because we're not missing crucial characters and Memory Crystals.

Balphon

Both should have occurred by now and it was feared the dissidia event was permanently skipped

The Dissida events hadn't occurred in JP at the point we're at. Getting them in mid August would be on schedule.

The only characters we're missing are from the Möbius event and the only one of them that's worth a damn is Garland, so having the Dissida events solves that problem.

Very happy about Orbfest and Dissidia confirmations. I imagine the early confirmation was done to quell some frustration.

I'm feeling a lot better about getting the Mobius collab now in the future too, once the game launches.

Very happy about Orbfest and Dissidia confirmations. I imagine the early confirmation was done to quell some frustration.

I'm feeling a lot better about getting the Mobius collab now in the future too, once the game launches.

Yep, only hiccup in the schedule is when ff15 launches and we get that event same time Japan does.

LucaMac

Yea I dropped KH at the snow white event. It became very tedious super quickly. I reckon stuff beu announced early is definitely to calm people about the orbfest and keep interest alright. It only makes sense that ntres may be wavering and droppin the orbfest would easily push a few people who were close to quiting already.

MrDaravon

Orbfest! Finally time to spend my mithril!

You and me both!

There's probably no banners coinciding with this orbfest since the order is all out of wack right? If not that's great, will probably dump 100% of my mythril into orbfest. Fuck, I can probably get the entire cast at the level cap which would be rad as all hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom