• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
W0HU8WRl.jpg

It's...

it's beautiful

(wru SSBs)

Falk

that puzzling face
edit: The bow is great for stacking mitigation.

As an alternative to cleansing strike/full break/breakdowns or in addition to cleansing strike/full break/breakdowns?

It overwrites any other SB that reduces Attack/Magic (e.g. Cleansing Strike) but stacks with the others.

What you got does DEF/RES down, mitigation by killing faster I guess. Stacks with Armor and Mental Breaks.

Oops, he's right. I'm thinking of Yoichi's Bow, which is ATK/MAG. Yeah, you got the DEF/RES which a similar debuff to Wakka/Fran's DEF/RES debuff SBs.

Are you fucking kidding me.

Lucky draw gave me 11 three star relics.

I thought something was wrong with my phone, like it was lagging and didn't have time to download the color for the orbs.

MrDaravon

Lucky Draw gave me no relics continuing whatever absurd streak I'm on lol. I got 4 4*s, but 3 of them were utterly useless (I got what I think is literally my 7th or 8th FFVI Moonring Blade) with the 4th being my 5th FFVI Crystal Helm, but that's at least useful in theory.

At this point I'm honestly not even doing dailies anymore except Sundays, just logging in for daily bonuses. It's pretty depressing. Not doing 100-gem pulls anymore either. Not having guaranteed 5*'s on 11-pulls and getting fucked on 15 of 18 11-pulls (or whatever it was, would have to go back and look at my posts) has pretty effectively killed the game for me tbh.

Edit: Yeah, just checked and across the last several months or so this pull puts me at 3/198 on 11-pulls specifically (18 total), doesn't count 100-gem or single/triple pulls which actually collectively got me way more than 3 but at not much of a better ratio (could go back and check but would be pretty nightmarish to do so). As I'm typing this out I realize I have zero idea why I still even have this installed

Are you fucking kidding me.

Lucky draw gave me 11 three star relics.

I thought something was wrong with my phone, like it was lagging and didn't have time to download the color for the orbs.

That's pretty goddamn bad; even after my millions of no 5* pulls I don't thiiiink I've ever gotten 11 3*s straight up; usually any 4*'s I got were garbage for the most part, but at least they weren't 3*s. That sucks man :(

Be aware that Official Ball's SB sucks dick. Its duration is less than a break ability, while most other break SBs last 25 seconds.
Yup.

Wakka's Status Reels and Fran's Whip Kick were the first Breakdown SBs and, as such, only have 10s durations. Faris's Kindred Spirit from Aevis Killer does the same thing (40% -DEF/-RES), but it lasts for 25s. That's why I found it funny that I got both bows in my draw (Fran's being a dupe) :p.

Xetherion

Wow, got 2 5* and 6 4* from Lucky Draw, and the 2 relics were 2 SSB's I didn't have, Wakka's Over the Top and Red's Magic Comb!

Also congrats Falk, bout time you hit a 4/11 jackpot! Gordon's Flame Shield is f'ing awesome.

Oops, he's right. I'm thinking of Yoichi's Bow, which is ATK/MAG. Yeah, you got the DEF/RES which a similar debuff to Wakka/Fran's DEF/RES debuff SBs.

It's only -40% DEF/RES compared to -50% for Wakka/Fran's SBs, but it's AOE and lasts 2.5x longer than those (25s vs 10s) which makes it far more useful.

edit: Beaten

WarAdept

W0HU8WRl.jpg

It's...

it's beautiful

(wru SSBs)

You know this pull is all sorts of amazing to me. Needle Fork saves on ability slots and gives Quina damage, Vega's let Sazh backrow and I think you've said that Hastega is what you're missing from the trinity. Flame Shield is fantastic and Ramza gonna Ramza.

SephiZack

So, I haven't been playing seriously for over one year I think, but I did a lucky draw roll in-game after Falk came to the GBF discord chat and I got Ramza's Platinum Sword (FFT). I have no idea what Super Soul Breaks are D:;

Ahnez

So, I haven't been playing seriously for over one year I think, but I did a lucky draw roll in-game after Falk came to the GBF discord chat and I got Ramza's Platinum Sword (FFT). I have no idea what Super Soul Breaks are D:;

Super Soul Breaks are like regular soul breaks, but are given the special name because they are, usually, far more powerful than the non-super soul breaks.

Thats all to it. Tiers above SSB do have differences, though

Got irvings ssb and sazh's caltrops gun

My first 5 star gun(s) and now I have a sb/ssb weapon for almost the entire playable ff8 cast... My least favorite mainline game in the series >:|

Hmm maybe I should try and take on these ff8 cid missions.

You literally pulled the best relic in the game lol congrats

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Disclaimer: I'm pretty new at this and I stopped really paying attention at the 17th different character improvement mechanic the game tried to explain to me.

I'm currently... 'Attuning' two relic skills to my characters. Odin to Rydia and Braver to Cloud. I was wondering: why do they have such different XP requirements?

WarAdept

Disclaimer: I'm pretty new at this and I stopped really paying attention at the 17th different character improvement mechanic the game tried to explain to me.

I'm currently... 'Attuning' two relic skills to my characters. Odin to Rydia and Braver to Cloud. I was wondering: why do they have such different XP requirements?

Rydia's Odin is classified as a "Super Soul Break" (think of Soul Breaks as Limit Breaks/Trance/Overdrive from the mainline FF games). In addition to generally being much stronger than normal "Soul Breaks", they bestow a permanent stat boost to the learner of the SSB. In this case, it increases Rydia's magic by +10. So it requires more XP to learn by virtue of being stronger.

Cloud's Braver comes from an old relic where the damage/effects of the Soul Break generally are unspectacular.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rydia's Odin is classified as a "Super Soul Break" (think of Soul Breaks as Limit Breaks/Trance/Overdrive from the mainline FF games). In addition to generally being much stronger than normal "Soul Breaks", they bestow a permanent stat boost to the learner of the SSB. In this case, it increases Rydia's magic by +10. So it requires more XP to learn by virtue of being stronger.

Cloud's Braver comes from an old relic where the damage/effects of the Soul Break generally are unspectacular.

Sounds great! Thanks for taking the time :)

Falk

that puzzling face
Super Soul Breaks are like regular soul breaks, but are given the special name because they are, usually, far more powerful than the non-super soul breaks.

Thats all to it. Tiers above SSB do have differences, though

Unlike SBs you might not use, SSBs you might not use at least give +10 stats.

Kenai

Well, Ifrit was borderline rage inducing trying to clear it with my pitiful FF 8 synergy so i said f it and A team'd it. Still took almost an hour of s/ling but Setzer/Pecil/Selphie/Ramza/Rinoa ended up clearing it for me.

Went 2/11 on Lucky Draw, dupe Barret Genade gun and a gun for Sazh, the +attack buff one. I won't complain after the last few dozen posts lol.

Wazzy

Banned
1/11 which is okay! I pulled Barrets gun(I think SSB?) and that's better than nothing.

I'll properly attempt ifrit tonight with an entire VIII crew.

Keeper's Tome and Ulysses (Irvine, Def/Res down) here.

My thoughts are like this basically.
http://i.imgur.com/ZPTREKR.gifv

Not because both of these aren't super useful pulls but because I now have the worst 1st World Problem. I've no idea how to effectively use both Tyro's wall and BSB aside from lifesiphooning him which is... I dunno, eh?

But hey, third magic blink in a row (Aerith, Rosa, now Tyro). That's damn useful.

Anustart

1/11. Got Traitor's Bow for Fran. What does it stack with? Seems like a win for big time, as I was bringing Tyro along and all he could do was Full Break.

Kain

Got Barret's Gattling gun and Quina's fork for Shellga+Protetcga, relics older than Jesus. Guess they are useful as stat sticks, specially Barret's, now I can bring one of my gun users (Laguna and Balthier) to VII realms from the back row.

btw I tried Ifrit and he was kicking my ass, those Meteors hitting for 3ks are no joke, jesus christ. I need to think what's a good team against that bastard.

Fuck me. I need to stop looking at Reddit during Lucky Pull season.

Yea that 7/11 guy got as many 5* in this Lucky Pull as I got in all of the Lucky Pulls since the game started.

Got Barret's Gattling gun and Quina's fork for Shellga+Protetcga, relics older than Jesus. Guess they are useful as stat sticks, specially Barret's, now I can bring one of my gun users (Laguna and Balthier) to VII realms from the back row.

Unfortunately, you can bring Barret or Tyro. Relic is a Gun-Arm. :/

I now have the worst 1st World Problem. I've no idea how to effectively use both Tyro's wall and BSB aside from lifesiphooning him which is... I dunno, eh?
I have the same "problem". My A-Team is 3 SSB users + Tyro on Support (FB+MB/PB) and HotF Yuna or SSB Garnet w/ Shared Medica. I RW Shout and, as such, find myself unable to use both Wall and Tyro's BSB. Thus, I have barely ever actually used his BSB. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope others have made use of it, since I keep it up as my RW.

3 5* relics.
Fabled Harp (IV) Magic Comb (VII) Last Judgment Grimoire
Erm well at least they're good stat sticks...oh wait hardly anyone can use them. Actually they could come in handy in situations where I need shellga and protectga (saving ability slots) or am actually using Tyro for some reason.

That aside it's a better than average pull and I'll be eating crow in a few months time when one of those is just the thing to save my bacon (like how flames of war saved me vs. that crazy XIII Bahamut Ultimate).

Fuck me. I need to stop looking at Reddit during Lucky Pull season.
Trigger warning: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...i_must_be_fated_to_be_a_support_or_something/
well 6 of them are Tyro and character only relics though

LucaMac

0/11 Feels bad. Feels really bad. This luck draw is probably the most useful too. I was due a 0/11 though I guess. Its been a long time. I actually forgot that it was possible. Got used the guaranteed 5 star in Japan and hadn't go a 0/11 since.

Hope you people have been saving your greens:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4uzlkk/4_motes_in_gysahl_exchange/
Added to the Gysahl Greens shop:
3x Mythril (1000 greens each)
5x each 4* Mote (1000 greens each; 25000 greens total)
1x Royal Scepter (X) (8000 greens)
1x Celebration Blade (X) (8000 greens)
Note that if you tap+hold on the equipment, the game actually crashes?
POINT IS NEARLY FREE 4* MOTES HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS
EDIT: Please note that the double greens campaign, AND these items, will vanish on the 3rd of next month; so don't slack!
For one week only!

Some people on reddit seem to think keeping the Scepters separate is a good move if that is your only shared medica (I guess not counting celebration book?) though I'm not sure if you're struggling with a cid mission that two non-RS shared medica are going to do a lot for you...

Kouriozan

Got absolutely nothing in this "lucky" draw, not like I needed it anyway.
I'm better keeping my 350+ mythrils for the guaranted 5* banners

c-murph

Hope you people have been saving your greens:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4uzlkk/4_motes_in_gysahl_exchange/

For one week only!

Some people on reddit seem to think keeping the Scepters separate is a good move if that is your only shared medica (I guess not counting celebration book?) though I'm not sure if you're struggling with a cid mission that two non-RS shared medica are going to do a lot for you...

They should report the crashes. We'll get another free Mythril!

Bought like everything since I had greens to spare. Combined both the scepter and dagger to the ones they previous gave away for extra 6* items.

Ended up getting "Darts" as my 5* item on the Lucky Draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom