• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Minfilia and Alphinaud got released in JP and they are absolutely insane.

Minfilia has Knight 5, Support 5, White Magic 4, Combat 4. A stupid good skilset all by itself. Alphinaud is a more typical Red Summoner type. Summon 5, White Magic 4, Black Magic 4. Though he can Record Dive to Black and White 5.

But their relics are what drive them to absurdity.

Minfilia's BSB has a Single Target version Cecil's as the command, but the Burst Commands are absurd. 2 hit Holy Elemental Attack and Magic Breakdowns

Alphinaud's BSB is probably the best mage BSB in the game now. 8 Hit Wind attack with En-Wind. His Burst Commands are a 4 hit Wind attack with the Powerchain effect, and a 2 Hit Wind attack that restores an ability use. With his Relic Alphinaud is now the Best Mage in the game.

Time to start saving Mythril!

LucaMac

0/11 again. Don't think it's happened to me twice in a row before. I was intending no dropping of any mithril for a while but I have Faris' BSSB in Japan and I'd still prioritise having it in my team over pretty much everything else. It's value still hasn't dropped off when OSSBs came out. I've lv 99 Squalls OSSB and Faris at lv 80 with her BSSB, mug morale and thiefs revenge still gets a place ahead of him. I have not brought any breakdowns or full break to a battle since I got it (bar cid missions of course). Her, Aeris with her BSSB and Tyro with SG are permanent in my team in Japan...the other two slots are flexible. SG and Aeris' BSSB can be used as a RW without losing much at the end of the day though...Faris' BSSB native, with bow augmented out the arse can be used from the back row to do all your offensive mitigation in one package and even on a mage team she can still be your support self sustaining a power boost using mug morale when it comes out...(mug morale and shout caps the burst command against pretty much everything) and for multi bosses she can dance.

Anyway...I didn't get it and I'm gutted. I'd swap Ramzas platinum sword for it in a heartbeat...

On the bright side I used my last 15 mythril and got Bartz' Excalibur. I'll probably keep dropping any gained mythril on the banner until it goes just in case before I start saving again.

I've posted this before but my V Mage sticks are crazy, 5 mag weapons from 186-207 and 3 mnd weapons at 206, 207, and 252- two of the three mnd weapons are also in that mag group. Thanks to the dark spells there's actually enough strong magic to spread around. No ssbs however, just ex deaths grand cross, And Lennas boostga and hotf clone and two of the rods have shared attacks, fire and poison.

I now have enough major summons orbs to pull the trigger on Bahamut r4. Do I go for it or do I see how I do at the orb fest prepping for the next batch of major summons down the road, way down the road. R3 Bahamut combined with r5 valefor has served me quite well, perhaps it would be better to hone up other 4* summons like leviathan and Alexander.

LucaMac

So, like, what is so good about Faris' BSSB? I just got it on my 100 gem.

I'm actually assuming you're trolling as it's directly after my post praising it to the heavens...

But just in case your not trolling and didnt take the time to actually look at the relics description before posting directly under a gigantic explanation of how class it is... The main attack is a 5 hit Full Break. (Aka, no need to bring it, saves an ability slot) The burst commands are Magic Breakdown (Aka, no need to bring it, saves an ability slot) and Power Breakdown (Aka, no need to bring it, saves an ability slot...I shouldn't need to keep repeating this but you seem to have overlooked it, and you may notice if I mention it each time) It's a bow so it can be used from the back row. Its quite strong, also adds magic and mind (so well rounded in general and very useful for flexible characters like Tyro/Onion Knight/Bow mages) silly not to Rosetta stone the bejeesus out of it and use it in most realms with Faris herself. Faris as a character is as flexible as fuck, has decent equip options and can self boost with the 6 star thief skill Mug Morale that arrives soon (it only needs to be R1 and just clearing the event it arrives in allows you to get a free copy) so can be physical and keep an enemy broken in mage teams and in shout teams IT STACKS because its a combined armour/power breakdown so she caps damage even against most Ultimate++ bosses (note that there are two pluses, we don't even have those yet)

Ramza who I have with shout in global can only pack full break and one other breakdown. Faris with her BSSB has all three and two free slots. If I pulled her BSSB in global Id bench Ramza and RW shout.

...she lacks life siphon but it doesn't matter because throw Mako Might on her and all you need to do is Mug morale (shout will be up by now) then 5 hits of between 5000 to 9999 each and then pretty much 9999 damage breakdowns on everything up to U+ level (and often in U++ with good synergy) until burst wears off then repeat, with the possibility of thief's revenge in between to heal or do a bit more damage if there's breathing room...Boss defeated. Most bosses don't last through more than two cycles of this unless they have insane defense/HP or different mechanics, and in that case all you're losing out in is not being able to drop another Mug Morale in between if its R1...but guess what? Its possible to R2 it if you invest the resources from that event a certain way if you really wanted too...

Anyway, out of interest I'm going to do motte Ifrit as its open again in Japan and report back damage findings to put it in perspective...I walked through motte Ifrit first time in Japan primarily because of this relic. In global I still haven't beaten it with a native trinity...

In short... What is so good about it? Everything.

EDIT: As mentioned above Minfilia's BSB has finally arrived and is now one of the few things with a similar function and more than likely does more damage from the SB itself and the burst commands...but it doesn't come with full break, so even seemingly direct replacement 6 months of power creep down the line still doesn't cover all that Faris' does...she might finally get the boot if I got that relic...but its no guarantee.

ultra7k

Geez, finally got a V weapon in the draws, managed to snag Excalibur which I've wanted for a while (but was hoping for Faris' Bow).

Any thoughts on what to do with Excalipoor? Should I just use it as an augment?

Inbachi

Neo Member
Man, that mote dungeon Ifrit is ridiculous, mostly because his speed is insane. It actually only took me a few s/l's but I have good VIII synergy as well as native shout and wall. Props to you all that did it with much less!
What made Orlandu op in tactics wouldn't translate to OP in RK though and odds are even if Orlandu got some op ssb/bssb/ossb it'd still be hidden behind gatcha wall.
Yeah, I was just thinking of some OP relics and access to a bunch of 5* skillsets. Even if I never pulled any of his gear, just knowing that he is still melting faces for people out there would make me happy. :D

This thread is losing steam!

I cobbled together 50 mythril in Jp and made a pull netting me lightnings osb and Noel's ssb as well the old sazh Vegas. Looking forward to creaming the ultimate +boss in a few days. I've not been able to use it twice in a row, the enemy dies too quickly,!

ultra7k

Finally downed Ifirit Cid Mission this morning. Wasn't that much more difficult than the normal go. Rinoa with BSB as RW was the key.

WarAdept

This thread is losing steam!

I cobbled together 50 mythril in Jp and made a pull netting me lightnings osb and Noel's ssb as well the old sazh Vegas. Looking forward to creaming the ultimate +boss in a few days. I've not been able to use it twice in a row, the enemy dies too quickly,!

Nothing much to say unfortunately. Events have slowed to a crawl and it doesn't help that everyone (including myself) is on the Pokemon Go trolley.

Game is still fun, but right now I'm just pressing Auto for dailies and that's about it due to double greens week. Haven't even touched Faris Event/Support Nightmare.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pokemon GO and Exvius among other factors such as simple fatigue make churn inevitable.

Cid Missions are a cool take on endgame but it does cater only to a select few. I think we'll see it pick up again somewhat when 5*s (both gear via gacha i.e. guaranteed 5*, and abilities) become commonplace and the meta slowly shifts towards element stacking, which is a little more involved than what we have right now.

edit: I got tricked into stacking thunder for this Lev+ and Thundaja is hitting for 3k

Well played Dr Mog. Well played.

Balphon

Somehow managed to end up with this without ever doing more than a 100-gem pull on a FFV banner.

1LFMrLQl.jpg

I pulled both of Lenna's relics with my 100 gem pulls in this event.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are these FFV final battles meant to test how much magic you have? Everything seems to absorb physical or whatever.

+++ and U, yeah.

After being tricked into bringing magic thunder stack for Lev+ U and dying horribly, I came back with Bartz/Gilgamesh/Faris and Shout RW and blew him up, mastery during CM with 1 damage medal lost

ATE THOSE COUNTER AQUA BREATHS LIKE A MAN. (Lenna had the 6* water resist accessory so not completely a man)

(disclaimer: somehow my physical V synergy is actually amazing)

I'm thinking about recording all of my super boss runs. At the very least, I've recorded an Ifrit encounter. I've probably used this party about a dozen times already when I have ten minutes to kill but no stamina to spend, and have never wiped with it. I can get faster kills with Rinoa BSB, but it wasn't in the queue and Inaugural Parade will suffice. Did this on my desktop rather than my tablet; hence the mouse cursor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjttguZ8FbQ

I'm also one who hasn't done much of the V event yet (I've done classic using odd bits of stamina before bed). Got over 100k greens (I'm really bad at resource management in the sense I'm frugal) but I'm still doing double greens.

+++ and U, yeah.

After being tricked into bringing magic thunder stack for Lev+ U and dying horribly, I came back with Bartz/Gilgamesh/Faris and Shout RW and blew him up, mastery during CM with 1 damage medal lost

ATE THOSE COUNTER AQUA BREATHS LIKE A MAN. (Lenna had the 6* water resist accessory so not completely a man)

(disclaimer: somehow my physical V synergy is actually amazing)
Thanks Falk, I was going to ask do I have to touch the Abyss this month for that water accessory and turns out I probably should.

As for physical synergy is it those 4*++ Axes? Those themselves are quite good. Hope this is not a time when I regret combining my Thor Hammers. That said I tend not to win Ultimate+ battles (I run out of ability uses, RWs wear off) but just see how far I can get in them.

Saerk

Pokemon GO and Exvius among other factors such as simple fatigue make churn inevitable.

Cid Missions are a cool take on endgame but it does cater only to a select few. I think we'll see it pick up again somewhat when 5*s (both gear via gacha i.e. guaranteed 5*, and abilities) become commonplace and the meta slowly shifts towards element stacking, which is a little more involved than what we have right now.

edit: I got tricked into stacking thunder for this Lev+ and Thundaja is hitting for 3k

Well played Dr Mog. Well played.

Cid Missions aren't really that bad so far. You need good hones more than you need awesome relics. I've beaten them all so far except CM Ifrit. Came close on that one though. I did the FFVIII while only having a revolver (used as a stat stick), and Rinoa's SSB (also used as a stat stick on Edea). I did this weeks with only Gilgamesh having a SSB. Used it only once towards the end.

An easy way to beat ifrit if you have a RS mage weapon.

Use Rinoa BSSB

Have Edea with MM (the darkness spell that ups Magic).

Maximize Edea MP and survive ability.

Have 4 other characters who has no other job than to keep Edea alive and lower Ifrits resist. So if you have SG and a bunch of good Medicas then you can probably win this easily.

Edea basically needs to do 13 actions.

1. MM
2. Rinoa BSSB
3. The ice burst action (should do like 7K-8K * 4)

I basically went

Tyro (SG) - Curaja, Break Dance
Vanille (Protectaga Medica) - Curaga, SHELL
Relm (SSB) - Curaga, Protect
Quistis (SSB) - Magic Break, Mind Break
Edea (none) - MM, Blizzaja

I tried this and am not coming close to what kind of damage you claim youre doing. My RS weap gives 185 magic(fujin chakram++ which I think is garbage tier), what weapon did you have to do this?

The initial bssb does a bit over 2k per hit, then each ice attack does a bit over 5k per hit. This is with mental breakdown, full break, and MM all applied. I can't bring its HP down quickly enough for this strat.

Balphon

Managed to beat Ifrit CM with a Rinoa Burst RW strat.

It's probably doable for anyone with a FF8 Mage weapon and a tolerance for S/L.

I tried this and am not coming close to what kind of damage you claim youre doing. My RS weap gives 185 magic(fujin chakram++ which I think is garbage tier), what weapon did you have to do this?

The initial bssb does a bit over 2k per hit, then each ice attack does a bit over 5k per hit. This is with mental breakdown, full break, and MM all applied. I can't bring its HP down quickly enough for this strat.

I had similar hit results to yours so I used the rw with two casters simultaneously, granted I have three viii mag weapons a whip at 208 and rods at 186 and 178. See if you can use quistis to hit with the second rw after she breakdowns ifrit.

ultra7k

LOL getting real tired of Melusine or however you spell her name.

Going in with my A-Team and going to wipe the floor with her.

I had similar hit results to yours so I used the rw with two casters simultaneously, granted I have three viii mag weapons a whip at 208 and rods at 186 and 178. See if you can use quistis to hit with the second rw after she breakdowns ifrit.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I too had a ff8 5* whip. Put Quitis in as a secondary damage dealer and that did the trick. Mastered and Ty

13920693_10155081054723989_2279288295750507577_n.jpg

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I too had a ff8 5* whip. Put Quitis in as a secondary damage dealer and that did the trick. Mastered and Ty

Right on. I was struggling despite really strong synergy and realized I was better off firing all the bullets at once rather than extending the battle by only using the best Mage and therefore eating more aoe damage.

"ifrit is easy just equip your mage weapon and use rinoa bssb friend summon"

Ouch. Maybe in three or four months. At least then you'll have 3+++ rods at 130 mag, right, not t mention so,e level 99 characters....

Kouriozan

"Ultimate + Leviathan counter physical damage"
Triple debuff team let's a go!

t453QSxl.jpg

Normal and counter Aqua Breath did like 200/300 damage, hehehe.

You guys buying the 3* motes from the store? I bought the 4* and the 2 relics so far.

I got all of the motes, both relics, and the Major Lightning Orb. Will have enough greens tonight to finish off the 10k stamina shards and put them out of my mind forever. The 100k ones seem insurmountable without too much sacrifice.

Did I push something weird? All the roaming warriors I can select when going into a battle are NOT on my friends list. What did I do?

oh ya know what, I think I cycled through them all today, you can only use a RW friend once a day right?

Saerk

You need to use Edea, have her max level, all + MAG gear, devotion RM, and use Memento Mori for the 30% MAG dmg boost. I did aroun 7.8k per hit with that. Used Full Break with Mental Breakdown.

Kenai

Gyshal Greens farming seems kind of painful. not sure I will be able to afford everything before it's over. Might not even get all the 4* motes.

Gyshal Greens farming seems kind of painful. not sure I will be able to afford everything before it's over. Might not even get all the 4* motes.

The random drops in the hardest difficulty give like 2200 each when double greens are up. You have to rely luck or spamming them.

Alright, if anyone has any clever suggestions for CM Ifrit, I'm all ears.
Current setup:
It requires the Mental Break shared SB on Seifer to be maintained the entire fight, 10-11 breaks from Irvine, and all 10 Iceraizes from Edea to get just enough damage. I've come 1 turn away from victory a couple of times now before taking a meteor to the face, but 99.9% of the time I don't come anywhere near the end. I have a second Morning Star, but the MAG is so low that using it on Rinoa would put me at a large damage deficit. Also tried running the FFX shared medica, but it only heals for about 1k and considering how difficult it is to get a chance to cast another Shellga, I figured that I'd be better off using that as my shared SB on Rinoa. Only native SB is Selphie's Trabia's Light.

WarAdept

Alright, if anyone has any clever suggestions for CM Ifrit, I'm all ears.
Current setup:

It requires the Mental Break shared SB on Seifer to be maintained the entire fight, 10-11 breaks from Irvine, and all 10 Iceraizes from Edea to get just enough damage. I've come 1 turn away from victory a couple of times now before taking a meteor to the face, but 99.9% of the time I don't come anywhere near the end. I have a second Morning Star, but the MAG is so low that using it on Rinoa would put me at a large damage deficit. Also tried running the FFX shared medica, but it only heals for about 1k and considering how difficult it is to get a chance to cast another Shellga, I figured that I'd be better off using that as my shared SB on Rinoa. Only native SB is Selphie's Trabia's Light.

Wouldn't you be taking a lot of physical damage? Maybe try my setup a couple of pages back (last image).

UvovzfV.jpg

Seifer does double Lure and keeps your party safe from everything except AoE (and since you have Seifers SB, it'll charge super quickly). Otherwise, he sits there after you press the Defend Command.

Rinoa with Haste to Selphie and Faith's herself to get her damage up before she joins Edea with Iceraze spam. The idea is to end the battle as quickly as possible because the longer Ifrit is up, the more he can spam AoE. Mind you, I had to do 2 more Dark Zones on Edea to finish Ifrit off.

I might try it again, but Faith + Attunement II on Rinoa only hits for 5k * 4 with each Iceraize. Edea does 7k * 4. I think when I ran the numbers last time it was going to take 4 DZ at the expense of having a second healer, though I've since come across RWs with ridiculously high MAG that can give almost 8k extra damage than the ones I was using, which might be enough to bring it down to 3 DZ.

I chose Momento of Protection over Draw Fire as it gives a +50% buff to DEF/RES which helps deal with AOE spam, especially on the mages who lack fire resistance, and not to mention meteor.

WarAdept

FF Mobius is out. Fucking hell. 3 FF Mobile games to play plus Pokemon Go.

I DON'T HAVE TIME.

EDIT: Scratch that. It's preload only. Servers open up ...8am August 3rd...whatever timezone that is (it's 10:18PM on the 3rd here in Aus).

Dragner

I have yet to try Ifrit Cid Mission, I should be able to clear it since my 8 synergy is insane even if I dont have the awesome ice SBs for him. Have to get time to sit down and S/L a bunch.

I was able to master him easily with my A team and clear and master all other CMs just need time since this one wont be so easy like last ultimates.

Almost forgot to get yesterday's daily rewards, 100 gems got me a second gilgamesh ssb which is perfect since now I can give one to Auron and one to Gilgamesh for ff5 content.

The RNG nightmare is finally over. I ran out of patience and went Edea + Rinoa on BSB duty, gave Seifer a haste RM, Selphie the doublecast WHM RM, and did a mythril revive to get Selphie and Seifer a couple of SB bars to start with. Mistimed one of breaks so I needed 4 DZ at the end to close it. Only characters left alive were Edea and Irvine, both with a sliver of health.

edit: Also, my revival bonus was +2 ability uses, because fuck me, I guess.
And thanks to WarAdept for giving me the push needed to run back to this strategy.

WarAdept

The RNG nightmare is finally over. I ran out of patience and went Edea + Rinoa on BSB duty, gave Seifer a haste RM, Selphie the doublecast WHM RM, and did a mythril revive to get Selphie and Seifer a couple of SB bars to start with. Mistimed one of breaks so I needed 4 DZ at the end to close it. Only characters left alive were Edea and Irvine, both with a sliver of health.

edit: Also, my revival bonus was +2 ability uses, because fuck me, I guess.
And thanks to WarAdept for giving me the push needed to run back to this strategy.

Congrats on the kill!

Mobius is cool. I like lots of mechanics layering upon each other (when they make sense
fuck you Tales of Zestiria)
so I'll keep going with this. Game looks like ass though.

But judging from what little I've played, it's probably my 2nd favourite of the gatcha FF games. BE being dead last.

Back to grinding greens I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom