• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

God damn it, it's actually kind of nice to not have to play the game except on Sundays lol.

Apparently Japan has never had 4* motes for sale in the shop so that seems like a big deal. Also unless you already have Yuna or Braska's Medica (I think he has one?) you may not want to combine the Royal Scepters since it has a shared Medica on it in case you need to run double healers for a CM or something.

From Reddit:
Ug2nSoz.jpg

QqAgwQB.jpg

6BDQzGr.jpg

fFs3h0G.jpg

I've been using a Mage's Staff (X) that I pulled during X-2 event for my shared Medica. Considering that I also have Yuna's Lullaby Rod, I will combine the Royal Scepter whenever I get it.

I wish it had been a staff instead of a rod. I suppose they felt it necessary to limit it's Non-RS MND stat since it's a freebie.

ultra7k

Lol 0/11 on the Lucky Draw!

i think the White Mage Lucky draw is the only one where I pulled a 5* relic. Oh well, I guess i've been pretty lucky on other banners so I shouldn't be too salty.

Loxley Bow and a second Platinum Sword lol

Is it worth combining the swords?
The general rule is to keep them separate if you don't have any other good 5★ items for that realm.

Of course, this is primarily regarding common item types like daggers, swords and armors; if you got two 5★ harps, for examples, there's little reason to keep them separate.

Yeah just bought all the 3 star and 4 star motes, was able to do the cid mission for the ultimate battle thanks to my newly pulled Irving SSB from the Lucky banner and it was clearly power creeped for this event :p

Guess for 1 stamina I'll try ult + bahamut with my team

Seifer (have his first two sb's)
Zell (have his first sb)
Irving (have his ssb)
Selphie (have her og medica)
Rinoa (have her ssb)

Should I go with wall or shout for my rw for the ultimate +?

Edit: when it dout go with shout

Actually got mastery with the above

Ahnez

The general rule is to keep them separate if you don't have any other good 5★ items for that realm.

Of course, this is primarily regarding common item types like daggers, swords and armors; if you got two 5★ harps, for examples, there's little reason to keep them separate.

.. Even if said realm is FFT? :p

I probably won't start the upcoming FF5 event until I'm done farming Gysahl Greens.

Are there any particular relic banners people are looking forward to? I am interested in Gabranth's first banner.

Falk

that puzzling face
I probably won't start the upcoming FF5 event until I'm done farming Gysahl Greens.

Are there any particular relic banners people are looking forward to? I am interested in Gabranth's first banner.

The ones starting with guaranteed 5*s

Otherwise just lucky draws

(will just sit in a corner and cry during BSSBFest 2)

greyshark

With my current A Team able to easily crush any U/U+ fight thrown our way, I've found myself less interested in upcoming banners. Cid Missions dictate that you can only use your SB's from that Realm, and while I'm doing ok on stat sticks there's no way I'll be able to build up awesome SB's for every FF.

The conclusion I'm drawing from this is to focus on hones again - the latest CM's I've had trouble with have been overcome by crafting/honing 5* abilities to help fill in the damage gap created from losing access to my best SB's. For the latest banner I finally honed DZ/MM and it served me quite well.

LucaMac

Had a random thought today that made me quite glad with the way shell is implemented in ffrk. Don't mind me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there at least one FF title where shell affected curative as well as offensive magic? (VII or VIII come to mind but not sure if my memory serves me well) Imagine what a gigantic pain in the arse that would be?...*shudders*

Anyway. CMs down for the event but pretty sure I need to level the crap out of some of the FFVIII crew before I can tackle the Ifrit one. Also, not sure if ye are aware but the CM for Ifrit is different in Global compared to Japan and has been nerfed slightly. Japan requires a full FFVIII party that includes Squall and Quistis...meaning you can't go full mage or full physical. I wonder how many CM completing set ups in global would have been foiled by that...

Had a random thought today that made me quite glad with the way shell is implemented in ffrk. Don't mind me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there at least one FF title where shell affected curative as well as offensive magic? (VII or VIII come to mind but not sure if my memory serves me well) Imagine what a gigantic pain in the arse that would be?...*shudders*

I know X does and it's annoying.

I think I'm about give up on CM Ifrit. Survivability is shit and I just can't burst him down fast enough to deal with the AOE spam. This is the first thing that I haven't been able to complete since Parade Float.

WarAdept

I think I'm about give up on CM Ifrit. Survivability is shit and I just can't burst him down fast enough to deal with the AOE spam. This is the first thing that I haven't been able to complete since Parade Float.

Luckily the Mote dungeons are a monthly thing like the Nightmare dungeons and subject to power creep. If you're real stubborn like me and want to complete it now, go for it! Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about CMing Mote Ifrit.

Debating whether to do refreshes for Double Gysahl Greens week...

I'd like both the 3* and 4* motes.

ZangBa

I didn't have a chance to try Neo Bahamut last time it was open, so I got to finish it now while doing everything else. Pretty funny that I had to use Ramza in my party, but I mastered it lol.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Pulled Red XIII's SSB. At first I wasn't too excited but after reading about it a bit more, it seems like it can be pretty decent. At least it'll let me have both protect and shell with my normal white mage configuration of protect/shell + curaga.

Falk, you make me laugh while simultaneously feeling bad for you.

*sprinkles good luck dust on Falk for next pull*

It'll work....BELIEVE!
vd1fsC1l.jpg

HOLY SHIT
You're welcome! ;)

Kain

I mastered the Support Nightmare thanks to Gordon's Bell. GORDON MVP YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG

Now I want to try the WM Nightmare after all the goodies I got lately, but it still seems like a bitch

MiTYH

Hunh, did the nightmare 25mythril pull, got 5 5*s, two of which are SSB!:

- Keeper's Tome
- Sirius Sidearms (Sazh)
- Atomic Scissors (Barret)

Really happy with the sidearms, I've been lacking any real kind of healing thing, and this gives protect to all? Sounds good to me

Wow fuck that mote should be doable for me (not with the cid mission lol) but even with the best team I can make for this fight it still feels like its gonna come down to luck at the end.

Edit: the post on gamefaqs about using speed 5 with worse gear then I have gives me hope I'll try again later for cm

Pejo

Wew I tried the Ifrit thing last night since it was only 1 Stam. Got absolutely roasted in 1 AoE fire spell, even after Shelga and SG, killed 3/5 characters instantly. Big nope there.

Back to farming greens.

hesho

am i odd in that i just simply do not care about CM or even the nightmare dungeons... I just am far too lazy to setup all the chars, hone abilities and such to beat them.

ccbfan

An easy way to beat ifrit if you have a RS mage weapon.

Use Rinoa BSSB

Have Edea with MM (the darkness spell that ups Magic).

Maximize Edea MP and survive ability.

Have 4 other characters who has no other job than to keep Edea alive and lower Ifrits resist. So if you have SG and a bunch of good Medicas then you can probably win this easily.

Edea basically needs to do 13 actions.

1. MM
2. Rinoa BSSB
3. The ice burst action (should do like 7K-8K * 4)
4. The ice burst action
5. The ice burst action
6. The ice burst action
7. The ice burst action
8. Rinoa BSSB
9. The ice burst action
10. The ice burst action
11. The ice burst action
12. The ice burst action
13. The ice burst action

I basically went

Tyro (SG) - Curaja, Break Dance
Vanille (Protectaga Medica) - Curaga, SHELL
Relm (SSB) - Curaga, Protect
Quistis (SSB) - Magic Break, Mind Break
Edea (none) - MM, Blizzaja

Anustart

Anyone have any tips for Nightmare Demon Wall?

I have Auron, Fang, Seifer, Beatrix, Shadow, Sabin, Rosa to use basically.

Cant swap out rosa, she too nice with that ssb. Seifer sb pretty damn weak, Fang can't jump.

An easy way to beat ifrit if you have a RS mage weapon.

Use Rinoa BSSB

Have Edea with MM (the darkness spell that ups Magic).

Maximize Edea MP and survive ability.

Have 4 other characters who has no other job than to keep Edea alive and lower Ifrits resist. So if you have SG and a bunch of good Medicas then you can probably win this easily.

Edea basically needs to do 13 actions.

1. MM
2. Rinoa BSSB
3. The ice burst action (should do like 7K-8K * 4)
4. The ice burst action
5. The ice burst action
6. The ice burst action
7. The ice burst action
8. Rinoa BSSB
9. The ice burst action
10. The ice burst action
11. The ice burst action
12. The ice burst action
13. The ice burst action

I basically went

Tyro (SG) - Curaja, Break Dance
Vanille (Protectaga Medica) - Curaga, SHELL
Relm (SSB) - Curaga, Protect
Quistis (SSB) - Magic Break, Mind Break
Edea (none) - MM, Blizzaja

Nice, this did it for me. I was only getting around 6k per hit for the ice burst and around 4 actions for a BSSB so I unloaded 8 Blizzajas before going MM->BSSB

Falk

that puzzling face
I have Kefka's* cloak which should be perfect for this, but my FFVIII magic stat sticks are so bad I'm literally better off using the IX staff with 20% bonus ice damage.

*(also Kefka is lv65/65 and dies pretty fast even with the 6* fire resist accessory)

I really just need to come back in a few months with brute force gear/abilities and a lv99 Rinoa.

MrDaravon

Haha, I didn't realize I still had 100 gems so I did a pull on the FFV banner and got Ghido's Whisker which apparently isn't awful, and is one of the items that doesn't come back up in a few events on the next FFV banner. Plus I have the Ebon Armor, although that seems like maybe unnecessarily overkill? In any case finally got something decent at least, still would have preferred some of the other items but I'll take anything I can get at this point.

Anustart

Got Lenna's ssb and Butz ssb as well. Butz's pretty much matches Beatrix's sb but with an extra hit on it. Do the 5 hits do more damage than Rose of May? Also, can't see a time I'd use Lenna's Large medica over Rosa's, but we'll see.

Balphon

Got Lenna's ssb and Butz ssb as well. Butz's pretty much matches Beatrix's sb but with an extra hit on it. Do the 5 hits do more damage than Rose of May? Also, can't see a time I'd use Lenna's Large medica over Rosa's, but we'll see.

Power levels for SBs are usually the same across characters, but are higher for SSBs/BSSBs versus regular SBs.

For physical single target SBs, they generally total ~500% (SB), ~800% (BSSB/SSB), or ~1600% (OSSB).

For magical single target SBs, they generally total ~900% (SB), ~1800% (BSSB/SSB), or ~4000% (OSSB).

In this specific case, you have:

Trueblade of Legend = 790% over 5 hits
Rose of May = 516% over 4 hits

As for the heal, 50% RES will be better for things which use a lot of magic (e.g. Adel). Magic blink will be better for things which use strong magic attacks rarely (e.g. Sephiroth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom