• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Melusine was fun, Leviathan was boring as hell. The only fun part was me forgetting to take Gigas bracer off Rosa after Melusine and she ate an Aqua breath of 5Ks lol

Thank god U+ only cost 1 stam

Thanks to my stout synergy, these v cid missions were by far the easiest yet. I expect ix to be simple for me as well, with the ragnarok sword and 2 daggers and two rods. Oddly the ragnarok is both my best atk weapon and my best mnd weapon for the realm.

My Waterloo may come in the xii event, I have a shared heal musk staff a shared Shellga light arms, a heavy armor and then a few maxed out 4++ weapons. I'm back over 100 mythril, so I'll drop some if I have t but I'm really going to try to avoid that.

Double Greens.

♫ "I will remember you."

♫ "Will you remember me?"

lQIJAYs.gif

Healing break banner for 50 mythril no thanks. Lucky pull ok this no way

I only have a real Medica (well, 2) for Aerith. I kind of have to pull but that wasn't planned. Damn... Oh shit, Penelo Holy Rod on 100 gems as I typed this. The fact that there is only 6 Relics + pulling one of them on 100 gems makes it dangerous to pull a 50 Myths on this. Now I don't know anymore.

MrDaravon

not pulling till guaranteed 5*

(or lucky draws because)

Pretty much. While I'd really like a lot of the feature items on here I've already got a Lullaby Rod+, Healer's Robe and Sage's Staff so while it'd be nice to get an even better/SSB Medica hard to justify pulling here without guaranteed 5* or as a Lucky Draw.

This healing banner is very strong, but I already have a lot of healing soulbreaks and I'm trying to conserve mythril. I hope they have more themed banners like this in the future, though. Almost caught up on the FF5 event already. Only +++, U, and U+ are left.

hesho

i wonder if the usage of the game has gone hence y this banner showed up. You would think they would make it half price or something to get more ppl back in. I imagine with pokemon go and summer, the game usage has gone down. Personally, i am pretty bored of the game myself. Just hoarding mythril now

WarAdept

i wonder if the usage of the game has gone hence y this banner showed up. You would think they would make it half price or something to get more ppl back in. I imagine with pokemon go and summer, the game usage has gone down. Personally, i am pretty bored of the game myself. Just hoarding mythril now

If it gets DeNA off their ass and implements guarenteed 5* from 11x pulls, I'm all for it.

Whew, very happy with this. Already had the Ninja Suit but I can always use more 5* light armor, and I got the two medicas I wanted the most from the banner. (Minwu's would of been nice too.)

My Medica selection was pretty dire beforehand so I'm relieved.

MrDaravon

Regardless of their quality or staying power I have to imagine FFBE and now Mobius are hurting FFRK for sure just because of FF branding and people have limited time to play games etc. Also Pokemon Go is the elephant in the room. Even ignoring all of that though the game has been going for a good while now so you're going to see some drop off at a point naturally as people just move on because they're tired of the game or unhappy with some aspect.

I'm in full maintenance mode at this point, and if I didn't know guaranteed 5* was on the way at some point I probably would have stopped playing already to be honest; getting fucked consistently for literally months on pulls will do that to you, and if I wasn't already at the endgame with all content done I'd probably be long gone with my gacha luck on this. Seeing a lot of similar burnout on reddit and other places with people getting burned on pulls; regardless of the specifics of why and how it happened the FFT banners were a bad look and all of these other games coming out after the fact have probably kept that train rolling in terms of people falling off of the game.

Edit: Ha, looking at reddit lots of people seem to be pulling off-banner relics; not in alarming or unusually high numbers, but still weird that we got this banner early out of nowhere with no heads up (saw a few folks upset they didn't have the mythril saved for this that they were planning on having because of the timing) and off-banner stuff is still a thing. Now that I think about it I might do a cult of 3 pull on this since I've got 3 medicas but they're all Curas and not Curagas. Ehhhhh

Well now, this is a surprise. Not really gonna bother since I have Rosa's and Relm's SSB as well as Oerba's Boon and HotF for Vanille and Yuna. I don't care about CM and that would be one good reason to pull for.

Been playing rather passively lately (only now got around to even starting the 5 event) so I'm just slowly collecting mythril for the fest.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mobius is an interesting look. While aesthetically and mechanically it's going to appeal to a largely different crowd, the fundamental changes the global version made seems like they're actively trying to pare down both the grind and gacha RNG* for a western audience.

I'm not too interested in the setting (can only take so many wastelands on the brink of destruction) but it's going to be interesting to see how it performs as a business model.

edit: *specifically:

1: The change of Global ability card get , you can buy 3★ ability cards with Re-summon ticket, you'll never need to use gacha for a chance to get 3★ cards, this changes helps Global playrer to get a good build easier
2: Job Summon will never summon duplicate Jobs, that's why Job Summon will be more expensive than Japanese Version and you can also free from the nightmare of duplicate.
3: We change the Gem income from farm to constant gem income, so now you won't need to farm like no tmr to get Gems, instead you can just open the game and get Gems. Oh and remember you have to use them before 14 days expiration. When you try to spend Gems, the free gems will be used first.
4: Ability Card summon will still have duplicate but they are all MAX ability level so you don't need to spend time to level up your abilities, oh and if you are looking for some daily use ability, we suggest you to buy from Ability Shop
Director Yoshinori Kitase

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4w4di8/message_from_director_the_difference_between/

Kain

I tried Mobius and Exvius and both seem pretty meh in comparison to RK. Not saying RK is the best shit ever (it's not), but there is something about the other two that just don't interest me as much, mostly the combat. The combat in Exvius is boring as fuck and in Mobius it looks a bit better but still it doesn't look very interesting... need to play more, though.

Not going to bother mentioning the farmfest Unchained is, what a bad game.

WarAdept

I tried Mobius and Exvius and both seem pretty meh in comparison to RK. Not saying RK is the best shit ever (it's not), but there is something about the other two that just don't interest me as much, mostly the combat. The combat in Exvius is boring as fuck and in Mobius it looks a bit better but still it doesn't look very interesting... need to play more, though.

Not going to bother mentioning the farmfest Unchained is, what a bad game.

I love Mobius battle system. It's basically a spin on XIII's stagger system, probably mirroring Lightning Returns the most. Voice acting is the worst though and the performance is balls even on my Galaxy S6.

I still don't know why I play Exvius. The combat is by far the worst of the 3 Gatcha Fantasies and pulling for characters (amongst other things) has far more roadblocks than pulling for gear ala RK. I guess I'm waiting for the inevitable disappointment in trying to pull Lightning (the top tier unit) as I haven't done any Ticket pulls yet.

I like BE for having a real story first but the gatcha element sucks and for the few hours I played the game was mind numbingly easy and the plot halts to a crawl same thing that killed me with Unchained Key.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unchained's actual story is only really starting now, which makes it cool for someone picking up the game around this point. Not so cool would be overcoming the progression walls from a completely new account now, even for the main quest, but at least it's there if you can get through the 400-mission-long introduction (eheheh)

Mobius' story pacing is somewhat more frontloaded, albeit just about as trope-laden and very, very much taking after XIII and Lightning Returns in everything from characterization to visual effects.

Exvius, eh. It plays out similar to an SNES-era JRPG, but as mentioned, the gacha drip-pacing of actual story kinda kills the flow, not to mention making it so virtually everyone power-levels in each area before moving on to the next.

Record Keeper... does anyone actually play RK for the story lol

Honestly speaking, out of all the mobage that's made it to a playable official English version, Granblue probably works the best as a 'JRPG', even if it doesn't have explorable towns per-se. The constant events pretty much are analogous to sidequests in terms of reward and narrative/world-building/character backgrounds, etc.

I don't think any of them have awful gacha mechanics, but Exvius sticks out as the most RNG-dependent, meaning you'd best reroll your ass off if you start, or you -will- get brickwalled by content.

Kain

We'll get a story in RK! ... eventually... maybe....

If RK is decaying in popularity I think it's its own fault, not because of the "competition" (they're from the same company, lol). What they should do in my opinion to stay relevant in global is:

- Implement once and for all the guaranteed 5* in 11 pulls, don't wait until the Greg event

- Start creating new content. I mean, I know the game runs on nostalgia, but I've fought the same bosses a thousand times, every event has the same fucking bosses, the same. Basically you fight them in the story dungeons, twice, then in every event for every FF there are the same pool of bosses. LAME.

- More importantly, reduce the prices for fucks sake. 30 bucks for a 11 pull is more than abusive. Unchained had more or less nice prices from what I saw, for example.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unchained has a once-a-week $15-for-11-pull deal, with an analogue of 'guaranteed 5*' (instead of star ranking, it's a rare medal) often.

It also has purchasable boards from time to time that cost 3000 Jewels, of which you need two to guilt a reasonably workhorse medal, or in other words $60 for a guaranteed tricked-out unit.

I think it's a system that's caught in between two ideal situations right now - for medals to be anywhere close to usable endgame you need to guilt (read: max-augment) them, meaning you need 7 of the same medal, and that's only really possible either by whaling, event medals, or getting luckier with some of the more common ones. There's a feature coming up that makes it significantly easier to work towards guilt (albeit still at a controlled pace) that will basically help combat bad pulls, but that doesn't exist right now.

Meanwhile it constantly also has high-score competitive challenges awarding great loot to the top percentiles - of which you do need to whale or get lucky with the latest set of medals. Not just because the challenge is often designed to capitalize on the latest premium medal's strengths, they outright award a bonus multiplier to your score. It's kind of a rich-get-richer situation.

Isn't rich get richer kind of the point of these gatcha games though? In all of them usually only whales, the extremely lucky, or the insane grinders can beat the hardest content which gives the best rewards enabling them to continue to beat the hardest content.

Falk

that puzzling face
Isn't rich get richer kind of the point of these gatcha games though? In all of them usually only whales, the extremely lucky, or the insane grinders can beat the hardest content which gives the best rewards enabling them to continue to beat the hardest content.

Competitive challenges are a dumpster fire.

Terra Battle and Record Keeper never felt like that to me.

The rewards for the hardest content in Record Keeper are major orbs, which are (slowly) farmable for anybody (and crystals, which don't have much of a point yet).

Terra Battle and Record Keeper never felt like that to me.

The rewards for the hardest content in Record Keeper are major orbs, which are (slowly) farmable for anybody (and crystals, which don't have much of a point yet).

Oh yeah those games are better but still beating those harder challenges (at least in RK) gets you more majors and motes then those who can't and that keeps you ahead of the curve

Mknzy

Finally! One of the biggest things holding me back lately was my lack of a good full party heal SB. I decided to pull on the banner that went up for healing relics, and drew Minwu's SSB and Penello's SSB. Now I feel a lot more confident that I can start pushing into the harder content (best I have cleared to date is up to the 120 bosses)

Finally got around to beating Melusine and Leviathan

Not sure if I'm gonna attempt CM because I've been skipping them, but if I have nothing better to do I'll try it. I think with the synergy I have I can pull it off

Tidd

A curaga mèdica would be awesome since it is the only thing I miss (and shout) but I want to pull on Banner 1 for the FFIX event! Pls RNGod give me both BSSBs! I will probably end up with my 137848th Última Sword. :(

Anustart

Whens the next event start? Tomorrow? Wanting to spend my mythril on refreshes during the orb fest, so won't be pulling more than likely. Need to level up a ton of people, and get orbs to hone some 4 and 5* skills.

Pejo

I hope many people are successful on the healer pull. I'm not doing any pulls myself but I depend on good healer RW to get through tougher stuff.

Do most people in here not have a single BSB yet? I've pulled during BSB fest and on several banners, not a single stinking one.

I hope many people are successful on the healer pull. I'm not doing any pulls myself but I depend on good healer RW to get through tougher stuff.

Do most people in here not have a single BSB yet? I've pulled during BSB fest and on several banners, not a single stinking one.

Don't have any haven't really needed one outside of mote ifrit

Balphon

Whens the next event start? Tomorrow? Wanting to spend my mythril on refreshes during the orb fest, so won't be pulling more than likely. Need to level up a ton of people, and get orbs to hone some 4 and 5* skills.

Tomorrow, yeah.

I don't have any, but there really haven't really been any I cared about. Vaan's is really good, but I'm not going to chase it.

My FF9 synergy is actually pretty decent, but it's all generic plus a shared Protectga. I pull pretty often on FF9 and it just never pans out, but I'll be passing on this next one... probably.

I don't have one yet either. It's only a 1% chance per BSB, so I never really expect to get one anyway. I've been getting pretty lucky on SSB lately, though, getting one on each of my last two 11-pulls.

Anustart

I'm stocked on ssb's and ssb medicas. All physical. I haven't pulled a single sb or ssb magic though. I had a rough time with the black fork tower in the V event. Had all pretty low level magic users, and had to bring Yuna to fit the last spot on the team and all she could do was diaga.

I'm stocked on ssb's and ssb medicas. All physical. I haven't pulled a single sb or ssb magic though. I had a rough time with the black fork tower in the V event. Had all pretty low level magic users, and had to bring Yuna to fit the last spot on the team and all she could do was diaga.

My only magic SSB (and SB) is Papalymo's Enochain Blizzaja, which is pretty cool. It gives him En-Ice, which pushes Blizzaja higher than Flare. I also have Laguna's SSB that lowers ice resistance, so I've tried pairing him with Papalymo and the result is pretty cool.

My SSB:

Rising Drive (Kain)
Indomitable Blade (Celes)
Black Materia (Sephiroth)
Dreamstage (Selphie)
Freezing Barrage (Laguna)
Enochain Blizzaja (Papalymo)

Even with my A team I don't really have the patience to S/L to get the right start with Ifrit. I cannot even fathom how people can say they had fun doing S/L for days to beat the CM with the strategy everyone used. Can't imagine people doing it for hours not having fun either. I guess that I am just burned on fights that are very very RNG dependent. Maybe I would have had fun with it like last autumn or something. Not judging anyone by the way.

Thinking hard, this has to be the most BS fight I ever experienced in any games. I am just getting jaded I guess... Or my definition of fun is not Meteor --> Meteor --> Hellfire.

Edit: Had a good run finally, then Meteor X4. There is retarded and retarded. A few more tries than this thing can fuck off, I don't even understand why I impose such stupid things on myself. Oh well. finally got it after 60-90 minutes of S/L. My sanity refuse to try CM with just one mage weapon. Don't even have one but still might pull on WHM banner before tomorrow and get Selphie's Relic.

Mote ifrit is dead, fuck attempting the cid mission was hard with the dream team (ramza with shout, stone, and tail/relm with ssb / y'sholta with wall / rinoa and edea using the bssb)

Took 5 tries but got mastery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom