• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer 5 Mythrils Giveaway again today and then next week, thought it was only 3 times. Maintenance in the night of Monday to Tuesday, I wonder what is coming!

I'm unsure how to feel about this:
Q13xz4R.jpg
My initial reaction was "Yooooo, 2 SSB Curaga Medicas!". Then I looked at them again and the secondary effects seem kinda meh.

I'll certainly use them for Cid Missions, but IDK if I should bench my HotF Yuna in my A-Team.

Managed to beat ifrit. I resorted to using a mythril on it to clear with my ff8 team using edeas mag buff and a rinoa BSB RW. Rinoa and Edea were overlapping towards the end of the 1st RW duration. I got a 10% offense + phoenix bonus and cleared it with champ. Worth it.

Managed to beat ifrit. I resorted to using a mythril on it to clear with my ff8 team using edeas mag buff and a rinoa BSB RW. Rinoa and Edea were overlapping towards the end of the 1st RW duration. I got a 10% offense + phoenix bonus and cleared it with champ. Worth it.
What Breakdowns did you bring, if I may ask? I'm thinking of trying the same tomorrow but I don't know if I should bring Magic Breakdown or Mental. (To go with Full Break.)

Inbachi

Neo Member
Decided to do a 3-pull and nabbed Minwu's SSB, sweet.

I'm unsure how to feel about this:

My initial reaction was "Yooooo, 2 SSB Curaga Medicas!". Then I looked at them again and the secondary effects seem kinda meh.

I'll certainly use them for Cid Missions, but IDK if I should bench my HotF Yuna in my A-Team.
I pulled the Physician Staff when it first came out and I felt the same, meh, but it's actually proven quite useful a number of times. I usually give her the Ace Striker RM (or the other one) and the ability restore secondary has been clutch for me a few times. Getting another Full Charge, Thief's Revenge, etc., can really help.

If you have high hones on all the stronger abilities I guess it wouldn't matter as much though.

MrDaravon

With them handing out even more free mythril decided to do a 3-pull on the Healer banner, got 2 3* daggers and a 4* Cat Claws dagger. Whyyyyyyyy

I appreciate even more free mythril, but outside of this clearly trying to entice people/keep them on board I'd rather have guaranteed 5* instead; getting extra mythril to not get anything from pulls is a total wash.

MrDaravon

My thoughts exactly :V

You knew. You don't have an excuse. You absolutely KNEW

Sometimes you need confirmation

Anyway they're throwing so much mythril at us now that I don't mind essentially throwing away 15, wouldn't do an 11-pull though.

Edit: That said I still have virtually jack shit for FF9 synergy despite pulling on multiple FF9 banners over the last 9 months so I might do a pull there, not sure though or how much. If we had guaranteed 5* I would definitely do an 11-pull on the first banner, but barring that I might do a three pull on each or something.

Oh, ffs this U fight. After toying around with a mage team that beat the last fight I decided to go for my balanced team with Lightning on spellblade. I had Lightning's SSB charged 3 damn bars and she didn't switch to lightning weakness even once in the entire fight. It literally had little health for which it would have been enough ages ago but of course Hastega and hones for the rest ran out and RIP. *sigh*

Shadow780

Don't think I'll have the patience to S/L for Ifrit CM, I do have decent FF8 gear but none of the essential ones, and I really don't want to S/L for a non-meteor run.

Finally getting around to finishing off the dungeon update (nearly 3 weeks later). Ugh the last FFV dungeon is irritating. Not because of the usual nuisance that is Bahamut but the trash mobs with status effects. It's kind of funny; I'm S/Ling as much on this as I have the last few Ultimates.

Also FFIX event coming up shortly. Remember to bring Quina to everything, their RM is one of those only drops in FFIX ones (plus its bloody good too; Support abilities +30% DMG).

Anustart

Oh nice, it's gonna be a 9 event? Can bring beatrix. Plus I have 1 7 star thunder glove and 2 5 star thunder gloves. Decent synergy. I might even waste 1 stamina and try the ultimate ++

Falk

that puzzling face
The dagger on the FFIX banner looks like some random 2* and is probably symbolic that I shouldn't pull.

Only having Thunder Gloves and a Power Sash for IX, I had 50 Mythrils saved for this banner and possibly 50 for Banner 2. Now I don't know anymore... Should probably try to beat both CM first.

With the extra Mythril they've been throwing at us lately, combined with my love of FF9, I broke down and just did an 11-pull. Got Quina's Bistro Fork and a second Genji Shield (FF4). I already have Basch's Apocalypse Shield, which has the same effect as Bistro Fork, but now I have that option on a support and for Cid Missions. I have a feeling that even when I combine this Genji Shield, it'll still be shit that I never use.

ZangBa

Spent 50 mythril since I have no FFIX synergy besides the 4* dagger. Ended up pulling Garnet's BSB, Freya's SSB, Steiner's sword and a FFIV Genji Shield lol. This should be good enough for CM's for awhile I hope.

MrDaravon

Nothing from a 100-gem pull or 3-pull from the FF9 banner. Really tempted to do more since I have like 120 mythril and my FF9 synergy is complete shit, but not willing to go in any harder without guaranteed 5* :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Spent 50 mythril since I have no FFIX synergy besides the 4* dagger. Ended up pulling Garnet's BSB, Freya's SSB, Steiner's sword and a FFIV Genji Shield lol. This should be good enough for CM's for awhile I hope.

Is this the trick? To not have synergy? Maybe if I delete all my 5*s and start rolling again.

ZangBa

Is this the trick? To not have synergy? Maybe if I delete all my 5*s and start rolling again.

It's all luck. I've pulled on a lot of FFXIII banners and have a single Keepsake Knife to show for it. Not looking forward to those CM's :C.

Tidd

RIP FF IX BSSBs :(
First pull went 0/11 with 11 3*...and 2nd was 2/11 where I got the Bistro Fork and a FF VIII Blitz Sword. I finally have a FF VIII sword!

0.5/4, and that 0.5 was a 5* FFIV stat stick. (ooooh, stat stiiiick)

Tempting to pull more due to 2 BSBs but I'm well on my way to 75 mythril for Orb fest and that seems like a more reasonable decision at the moment.

WarAdept

No more double greens, which means I can finally do the V and Nightmare support events!

FFV is by far my best synergy realm, so I had no trouble with this. It's your time to shine Galuf!

W76KTBX.jpg

As for Quadruple Foul CPU, I actually tried this a few days back, took me a while to figure out how to beat it. Finally got the time to sit down and beat it. Interesting puzzle boss, would love more stuff like this in the future.

XHNfQz0.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering the amount of early Quina drops I'm willing to posit, sample size and all, that the rate must have been bumped, either going forward or specifically this event's battles since Quina's MC2 and thus RM3 is now live.

So Record Keeper is the most explicitly backwards-looking nostalgia fest out of all the FF gacha games, right? I'd like to see them lean in to that a bit more. The Concert Hall has me convinced. Music spheres as rewards for event battles that let you build up your own custom playlist would be a great idea to keep me playing at least.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I have pretty good synergy for IX but decided to do a 3-pull anyway.

I know Zidane's BSB is not the greatest but hell yeah, I'll take it! The 3-pull has been treating me well lately.

OeJBCrzl.jpg

ccbfan

I've pretty much gotten every MC2 and MC2 Lode since they introduced them.

Is it now safe to just use all my MC2 Lodes? (As in there's no sudden, Hey here's 6 more new MC2s) Right now I have 17 Lodes and only 15 choices.

I

Pejo

I had zero FFIX weapons for synergy, so I did an 11 pull on this banner. Got the stupid Spork (which is a spear I guess) a third pair of Beatrix gauntlets, and Freya's coat. Not a bad pull by any means, but I was really hoping to finally get a BSB. Also, only one weapon and it's something that pretty much will always fall to Tyro.

Might see if I get enough mythril for a 3 pull before the banner ends and try again.

c-murph

I'm almost finished the 3* motes on Tyro. I just need a few more Bravery (Red) ones. After I beat the IX event I should have all six of his 3* jobs mastered.

4* motes are another story.

Then I want to start on Lightning, Ramza... or maybe just save them all for Onion.

Secret of Qu complete!

OjMs8jz.png

I lucked out and got that right away after it was released.

Never used it once... so pointless.

I'm using that rm now on freya to boost her breakdown damage. Don't have an sb for her and using her on the + battles. If you need a support for a cid mission and you don't have an sb for that supporter, it makes them just a bit more useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom