• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultra7k

Spent the weekend grinding up my IX characters, really only have Amarant left to do and he's still at 50.

Cheesed my way through Leviathan CM with Retaliate - something I haven't done in a long long time.

Still pondering Melusine CM, as I can seem to get her down to 50%, but just fall apart after that. I need to burst her down faster it seems.

Still pondering Melusine CM, as I can seem to get her down to 50%, but just fall apart after that. I need to burst her down faster it seems.
What are you trying here? I adapted the no Cid Mission, no SB team strategy Chopsticks wrote here:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/...he Pirate_The Guardian Tree (Ultimate)(Elite)
It was tight near the end (migitation all expired) but some of that was my fault (spellblading here on physical weak phase, deciding to have Krille use Valefor rather than finally craft a second 4* BM element...you badly need to exploit weakness to do meaningful numbers).

ultra7k

What are you trying here? I adapted the no Cid Mission, no SB team strategy Chopsticks wrote here:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/...he Pirate_The Guardian Tree (Ultimate)(Elite)
It was tight near the end (migitation all expired) but some of that was my fault (spellblading here on physical weak phase, deciding to have Krille use Valefor rather than finally craft a second 4* BM element...you badly need to exploit weakness to do meaningful numbers).

I think the bulk of my problem is being impatient with the barrier changes? Either that or I can't count lol. Actually, now that I think about it, I think my issue is with the RNG of her barrier changes.

I currently have Greg tanking the spells
Bartz spell blading the weaknesses
Krile hitting with spells
Lenna Healing/Shell
Faris Support

RW: Shout

Maybe I should switch to divine guardian and go for the long haul.

Speaking of RNG after several goes got Leviathan down (stupid boss would decide to use aqua breath at he worse times) and cid mission too...didn't get master because of the stupid don't get by tidal wave condition (well sorry but I didn't expect you to charge it twice in a row and the second time for my guys to have just started taking an action and thus couldn't act in time).

As much as I'd love the master rewards that fight was annoying and I usually don't beat Ultimate+ anyway so I'll take what I got.

Maybe I should switch to divine guardian and go for the long haul.
One thing I'll say is magic shield effect of divine gaurdian doesn't actually last that long though so it gets dicey near the end but by having two characters always able to hit weakness is where your damage is consistent.

Also you have to make good use of using defend form time to time.

Spent the weekend grinding up my IX characters, really only have Amarant left to do and he's still at 50.

Cheesed my way through Leviathan CM with Retaliate - something I haven't done in a long long time.

I believe I smashed melusine with fire attacks and then switched to non elemental summons magics and life siphon.

LucaMac

Did anybody else get summon orb drops during the IX event on trash rounds? I definitely wasnt in a round that included a boss... Thought that wasn't a thing, possible change? Pretty sure that doesn't even happen in Japan at all yet...

I still haven't maxed Tyros 4* mote grid in Japan...them 4* motes scarce brah. Admittedly I dropped him back in the queue a little, by 6 months down the line it's not very possible to fully max out many characters at all. Those screenshots of maxed out Onion Knights must have been from people who spent very little until that point, or who Cid Missioned all the mote dungeons available...I certainly haven't done that. More from lack of time recently than gear. I've Squalls OSSB and still haven't go around to smashing Ifrit...and he's gone again.

Thank you for reminding me! Managed to Cid Mission it, too. Then I did a #YOLO pull on the Faris banner and ended up with Bartz's Excalibur and the +Res shared SB shield (super useful, as far as I can tell), both of which I am insanely happy about.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend augmenting a sword, but I think the Excalibur swords are an exception to that rule. The 20% Holy bonus makes it competitive with synergized weapons, and pulls ahead once ATK gets high enough. Something to consider.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend augmenting a sword, but I think the Excalibur swords are an exception to that rule. The 20% Holy bonus makes it competitive with synergized weapons, and pulls ahead once ATK gets high enough. Something to consider.

Good points. Time to check my Rosetta Stones. I also have Cecil's Excalibur (and Basch's shield) and I stoned the sword to max.

Good points. Time to check my Rosetta Stones. I also have Cecil's Excalibur (and Basch's shield) and I stoned the sword to max.

I have a 5+ Excalibur (Celes) and Basch's Platinum Shield. Dope combo, and I imagine Cecil is pretty bonkers in his Burst mode. I don't know that it's worth having two augmented +Holy swords, though.

All caught up on the Dagger event, after using Sunday to level up Quina, Eiko, and Freya.

I waited until the last minute, but I was able to easily do both Cid missions by mostly following Chopstick's writeups for both of them.

Wind Drake's Roar and Kindred Spirit were used at the end for the final blows. This was a nice and straight forward battle that was all about proper timing.

Shared Medica used once or twice. Kindred Spirit used twice, particularly helpful at the very end when Faris was out of abilities and Shout had just ran out. RNG could make or break this fight. Many runs I came super close, only to be undone by sudden AoE spam. Tons of counters or Tidal Wave water surging during drain attack charges also ended a number of attempts. In my winning run, I only had 2 lightning abilities left, so I was scared he'd get the water up and kill me before I could do so to him.

ultra7k

Ugh, Melusine gave me all kinds of headaches - went in using my last 60 stamina as I wouldn't be able to wipe and try again.

Took a couple of S/L, but I managed to pull it off with physical attacks towards the end.

Might be the hardest fight I've done in a while. Certainly a lot tougher than the Leviathan CM.

1.png

Hall of Rites updated. I can finally get the two FFXIV characters I missed...then find myself a few MC2 short of getting the four FFXIV ones I need.

Some character buffs (equips, abilities, stats) and thief abilities and BSB commands now have lower cast times.

Initial thoughts, plus or minus five for each.

Phase 1: Ten Mythril.
Phase 2: Zero Mythril.
Phase 3: Twenty Mythril.
Phase 4: Twenty Mythril.

Kain

Fuck I'm literally at 0 mythril. I hope they give some extra with the fest.

btw I don't know how but I got the two Quina's relics, so basically I'm liberating Ramza from being the FBot. In fact both are good! Mighty guard IX is nice and another clone of HotE is never bad.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also of note is guaranteed 5* could be any time between now to the end of the currently translated itinerary/banners. Or longer if DeNA is being coy. Or it could be a horrible internal mistake and there's no guaranteed 5* actually planned for rollout.

I almost feel like they had to introduce garunteed 5 star once 6 star gets introduced to the game since the power creep will get a lot harder to keep up with in a world where people can still do 11 pulls and get nothing but 3 stars.

Falk

that puzzling face
I almost feel like they had to introduce garunteed 5 star once 6 star gets introduced to the game since the power creep will get a lot harder to keep up with in a world where people can still do 11 pulls and get nothing but 3 stars.

Pretty much yes, it all goes back to average power level vs attainable carrots on a stick, or your game becomes impossible to tune.

The worst 5*s, even uniques (looking at you Buster Sword), are less of a deal in Japan right now than 4*s were at launch.

Going off of a few random Reddit posts I need to net the following orbs to r3 upcoming 5* abilities, the number below subtracts expected event rewards minus cid events through onion knight and minus orb fest rewards and the gysahl shop. My power chain needs to hit r3 so I factor that in as well:

Power 204
Black 220
Summons 87
Non elemental 156
Ice 125
Lightning 97
Wind 120
Dark 305

White and holy I am good to go as needed

I have the following at r3 already
Flare
Meteor
Dark zone
Bahamut
Thiefs raid
Full charge
Saints cross
Tornado strike
Dragoon jump

And multi/full breaks at r2

I have around 100 myhtril but feel I should keep 50 for an emergency xii pull since I have zero sbs for that realm. And we should get quite a few between now and the end of he Xii event. How many refreshes can I stomach doing, it can get so tedious. Primary goal will be to get everyone back to their cap

MrDaravon

Currently sitting on approximately:

89 Major Power Orbs
98 Major White Orbs
117 Major Black Orbs
58 Major Summon Orbs
111 Major Non-Elemental Orbs
92 Major Fire Orbs
50 Major Ice Orbs
73 Major Lightning Orbs
74 Major Earth Orbs
48 Major Wind Orbs
81 Major Ice Orbs
97 Major Dark Orbs

My current notable abilities (ignoring ones we've gotten for free) are:

r2 Full Charge
r2 Powerchain
r2 Full Break
r2 Thief's Revenge

Not really sure what I want to do; not really big on leaning into summons. I've got all of the -jas at r3 which has been sufficient, and I have 2 Lifesiphons at r3 which I should probably get up higher. I'd like to get Full Charge/Powerchain up to r3 since I'm currently using that with Lightning since I have her Peacemaker as well as the Kaiser Shield.

I think I really just need to look into upcoming abilities and see if there's anything that catches my eye; I know we're getting the chain elemental spells but haven't paid much attention to anything else. I didn't get any of the Holy weapons so I haven't touched Saint Cross, but I do have the Ebon Armor so maybe I should craft/hone some Dark stuff?

IIRC in Japan Accessories have their own tab and I don't think take up your core inventory slots anymore.

No 5* Knight for Celes... Her buff initially came before Rikku, Mog and Reno ones but they got it today. I will assume that they are waiting for her event to hype her even more, making a few more people pull or something.

Pejo

Man, guaranteed 5* is huge. I remember the few times I drunkenly purchased an 11 pull, and the absolute - near uninstalling - rage that follows when you get all 3* and 4* for $28.99.

:mad: it still pisses me off thinking about it.

Anustart

So I created Exploding Fist for Sabin to use. What a fucking joke of a 5 star skill. This thing is fucking useless. 5 hits with a "high" chance to critical. I've used it 5 times now, not one of the 25 hits has criticaled, and the 5 hits barely do more damage than a single life siphon hit.

B.K.

Orbfest! I need to hurry and finish the IX event tonight, even if I have to do a refresh or two. I didn't do anything with it last night. I need to do a few classic dungeons too and get four stamina shards so I can finish another dungeon for the fifth shard or buy it to get a refresh during orbfest.

I am definitely not going to mythril refresh for orbfest. It's too much of a slog and makes me hate the game. I'll still spend most/all of my stamina on it, but no mythril.

Since others posted their abilities, here are my current 5* ones, grouped by honage:

Flare R4
Holy R4

Dragoon Jump R3
Saint Cross R3
Sanguine Cross R3
Thief's Revenge R3

Flashing Blade R2
Full Break R2
Tornado Strike R2

Arise R1
Barrage R1
Bio Grenade R1
Dark Zone R1
Doppelblade R1
Flare Strike R1
Full Charge R1
Mug Time R1
Multi Break R1
Powerchain R1
Sky Grinder R1

I want to get Full Break R3 around the time U++ starts. Saint Cross R4 is also in the starts because I often use it on characters whose second slot is a non-damage ability, so they need something to use offensively for the duration of an encounter. Eventually want R2 in all of the AoE ones, but that's low priority. I would also like to craft Entrust at some point. I'll likely skip Bahamut in favor of Titan, which isn't far off. For future abilities, I am keenly interested in Chain Blizzaga because I have Papalymo's En-Ice SSB.

Kouriozan

Guaranted 5* finally coming, it'll put my 400+ mythril to good use.

The consensus is to pull on the Gilgamesh banner right? (8 September)

event_intro_head_img.png

EDIT : it's 2 BSB and 4 SSB banner 1, and 1 BSB and 4 SSB for banner 2.

Wow fail I would have gotten mastery and cid mission on the ultimate but I thought it said hit ice weakness not fire D: rip me

Oh well I guess my A team can burn another 60 stamina for the mastery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom