• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inbachi

Neo Member
It was nice to breeze through the Ultimates and CM's for once. Having Zidane's BSB as well as Luneth's SSB did a number on them!

I typed this up the other day and never actually pressed post. :/

Stocktake time!
I think I'll do the same, so I can compare post-Fest.

Notable 5*s:
Meteor (R3)
Full Charge (R3)
Powerchain (R3)
Dragoon Jump (R3)
Saint Cross (R3)
Dark Zone (R3)
Thief's Revenge (R2)
Flare Strike (R2)
Barrage (R2)
Full Break (R2)
Multi Break (R2)

I looked at all the upcoming skills that will come out before the next Orbfest (if it's ~3-4 months out) and made some goals. I'm not interested in going heavy with Mages, so I'll keep the Chain magic on the backburner for quite some time.

What I need most are Power, Earth, Fire, Ice and Wind. I'm unsure how much mythril I'll spend, but I'll be splitting up my refreshes between Phase 1 and 3. I don't need any White and not much Dark, so Phase 2 and 4 will be natural Stamina.

Immediate Goals:
52 Wind / 30 Power / 24 Lightning / 24 Dark / 18 Black / 6 White

Thief's Revenge (R2 -> R3)
40 Wind / 24 Lightning / 24 Dark

Tornado Strike (R1 -> R2) (Have Celes' SSB)
20 Power / 12 Black / 12 Wind

Entrust (R1)
10 Power / 6 White / 6 Black

Intermediate Goal:
60 Power / 36 Fire / 36 Earth

Meteor Crush (R3)

Future Goals:
168 Ice / 108 Earth / 96 Fire / 96 Lightning / 96 Holy / 60 Power / 60 Dark / 36 Wind / 36 White / 36 Non

Sapphire Shot (R3)
60 Ice / 36 Lightning / 36 Holy

Lightning Dive (R3)
60 Lightning / 36 Ice / 36 Wind

Second Wind Cannon (R3)
60 Fire / 36 White / 36 Earth

Gaia Cross (R3)
60 Holy / 36 Ice / 36 Earth

Hailstorm (R3)
60 Power / 36 Non / 36 Ice

Deathscythe (R3)
60 Dark / 36 Fire / 36 Earth

Goal Totals:
168 Ice / 150 Power / 144 Earth / 132 Fire / 120 Lightning / 96 Holy / 84 Dark / 88 Wind / 42 White / 36 Non / 18 Black

Current Orbs (Majors + Conversion Equivalents):
Ice: 95 (80 + 15)
Power: 19 (10 + 9)
Earth: 31 (11 + 20)
Fire: 52 (13 + 39)
Lightning: 75 (35 + 40)
Holy: 67 (51 + 16)
Dark: 51 (32 + 19)
Wind: 16 (11 + 5)
White: 96 (51 + 45)
Black: 74 (53 + 21)
NonEle: 20 (10 + 10)
Summon: 119 (104 + 15)

Orbs Needed to reach all goals:
Power: 131
Earth: 113
Fire: 80
Ice: 73
Wind: 72
Lightning: 45
Dark: 33
Holy: 29
Non: 16

hesho

i guess i'm just getting bad luck :(

finally got my 2nd drop after another mythril refresh.. so i'm at 2 major drops (summon and ice) after 7 refreshes total :/

i want my mythril back /pif

Saerk

kinda curious... what is everyone's drop rate so far for 5*?

i have used 5 mythril and 1 stamina shard refill (so 6 refills so far) and i am at a grand total of 1 major orb (summon). how is everyone else' rate? I should mention i have 167 stamina.

and it feels empty doing these dungeons without gysahl green drops :(

Used 5 refreshes so far, and I believe 4 majors have dropped.

WarAdept

I don't care if it's terrible, I'll take that BSB!

Dammit, now I actually have to use Summons.

mEX88Tw.jpg

MrDaravon

Fuuuuuck, I should probably pull on the Lucky Draw shouldn't I. I've got like 135 mythril right now even after a handful of refreshes on this phase so it's not like I can't afford it, but I've been hurt so many times :(

Got a dupe rosa Artemis bow, combined immediately and Leon's weird defender sword aoe dark attack with def up and both lures with +10 def mastery. Anybody have and use is thing? Wish I had a +dark damage relic. What dark attacks are physical, have no clue, neglected them. Conveniently Leon is on my leveling team currently so no wasted exp.

WarAdept

Got a dupe rosa Artemis bow, combined immediately and Leon's weird defender sword aoe dark attack with def up and both lures with +10 def mastery. Anybody have and use is thing? Wish I had a +dark damage relic. What dark attacks are physical, have no clue, neglected them. Conveniently Leon is on my leveling team currently so no wasted exp.

Just 2 physical Dark abilities so far. Dark Bargain and Sanguine Cross.

Fuuuuuck, I should probably pull on the Lucky Draw shouldn't I. I've got like 135 mythril right now even after a handful of refreshes on this phase so it's not like I can't afford it, but I've been hurt so many times :(

You should yea. You know what can happen, but this is a very good deal. What if your luck turns on here? Or even getting 1 good SSB for 25 Mythrils would be just fine!

Falk

that puzzling face
Dey made me pull again before guaranteed 5*

:(

I don't see why you shouldn't. (YOU SPENT 15 ON A 3 PULL FOR CONTEXT)

hesho

2/11 here...

another defender (agrias' SSB... dupe) and a crystal cross (yuffie) not sure if i am happy or sad about this *shrugs

ah well, less mythrils to refresh with though i am getting god awful luck with major drops so this could be for the best

MrDaravon

Dey made me pull again before guaranteed 5*

I don't see why you shouldn't. (YOU SPENT 15 ON A 3 PULL FOR CONTEXT)

Cult of Three demands it's sacrifice!

Anyway, the streak has finally been broken! Yay...?

CX4X4Rb.png

At this point I'll take pretty much anything so not gonna complain, but from everything I've seen Minwu's relic is pretty eh, is in a realm that virtually never comes up, AND Medicas are one of the few things I'm already drowning in. So kind of a wash there, but again way better than nothing. I'm not familiar with the Crystal Cross but it seems at the very least solid as well as potentially very useful in certain situations, so I'll consider that one a win?

The 4*s are kind of a bust sadly; I have virtually no FF9 synergy but the 4* vest on it's own isn't going to beat out my other realm 5*/5+* stuff but I'll hold onto it of course in case I ever get duplicates to Combine. And I weirdly already have a ton of 4++/5 FF7 bangles for some reason.

Anyway for 25 Mythril I'll totally take this, if for nothing else just to break my goddamn 11-pull streak.

WarAdept

Uh, Edea's throwing thing? Is that any good? Kinda random.

Pretty good I'd say. Both offensive mages in VIII use thrown and it's a good SSB (especially for Mote Ifrit if you haven't done it yet).

I still don't know what to feel/think about this Tiny Bee. I guess I could use Braska to be main healer for CM's.

I just realized that I really don't like Dark Cecil and I have all his relics. Never pulled for his relics, just Lucky Draw and pulling for Pecil BSB. I think his SSB is extra powerful to counter the 30% HP loss per use. Just need to time cures with it I guess.

Kyari

Pulled Garnet's Regen/Resist/Hastega SSB.

Not exciting, but still happy with it, I've used it on RW several times on Ult/Ult+ fights as part of my winning runs in the past so its nice to have it on a more reliable standby.

Pulled a Valiant Knife. Seems alright, although I'm not sure how beneficial the ATK bonus on it will be once I'm already at the cap or how useful it would be if used in conjunction with Thief's Revenge since the SSB scales with HP and TR is the most damaging Thief ability. Still, at 8.0 to start without accounting for any damage bonus, I can't complain about that.

Pejo

Not that I'm going to complain too hard, but I got my first BSB - Tyro's.

I love the fact that I finally got a BSB, and on someone I use in every party no less, but fuck, I already have SG. How the hell do you pick which one you use?

Is his BSB better than SG and Shout for RW? I don't even know what I'd use it for.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Sweet, this game really wants me to use Terra. I've previously pulled her Enhancer and Maduin's Horn. Good thing I love her.

osbPMrjl.jpg

WarAdept

Not that I'm going to complain too hard, but I got my first BSB - Tyro's.

I love the fact that I finally got a BSB, and on someone I use in every party no less, but fuck, I already have SG. How the hell do you pick which one you use?

Is his BSB better than SG and Shout for RW? I don't even know what I'd use it for.

I use Keeper's Tome all the time as a RW. It's the 2nd best defensive RW you can take (Wall being the first).

Got four (4!) 5* in summer banner

Edea's weapon (dupe and my third, immediately fused into one of the other two)
Rydia's whip
Edge's katana
Faris's Bow (BSSB!!)

So it was definitely a win! This coupled with the healer banner (did a rage 11x pull), got porom's SSB, vanille's SSB and a Selphie weapon.

So I have a busy time farming with entirely new characters!

Anustart

It's happened boys! I got Platinum Sword from the Summer Lucky! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And a Wizard Rod I need to look into.
Edit: Which is Hastega + Major Regen + Moderate Resistance. This seems like a fine support soul break indeed.

Kain

Holy shit, I got Tyro's BSSB, this is my third Magic Blink. Poor magic heavy bosses lol

The effect and the commands sound pretty good, but the thing is that I have everything covered with others chars/SSBs. Anyway, sounds like a great thing to have in realms with poor synergy (I'm looking at you, XIII) so that all the healing and defenses rely on Tyro and I can focus on offense.

I have Tyro sitting on lvl 80 since forever and have only used him in a couple of Abyss dungeons, this is all new for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom