• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Debating with myself if I should get Fusoya before the orb dungeon ends. Leveling up Viking now.

Respectfully disagree - the superbosses should have break resistance, or they get much harder to tune.

Haha. Read my post again. I was talking about Cloud's RM3 dropping fast instead of being a month long RNG gestation.

Fight Jenova Life, gets Cloud MC2. Fight Jenova Death in sequence, gets Cloud RM3.

Every RM should be like this. Both fights were easy, due to plenty of synergy and no break resistance. Just went with Planet Protector RW and physical attack them to death.

Now, to get Hope.

Oh I should clarify that I didn't actually use any Mythril for refreshes, just giving Falk shit :p. I'm only at 74 Stamina right now I think. Just going to spend any Stamina I have today on running Orbfest at the highest difficulty which I can squeeze by on now. Usually I have to bail after the first two rounds but I've already gotten the Mastery awards for that difficulty so eh.
The Cloud event ends tonight also so might be worth clearing whats achievable at your level too!

dantehemi

Need help guys. I can't beat jenova life, I'm going in with A party of squall 65, cloud 65, aerith 57, Cecil (D) 65, and trying between tidus 65/ vivi 65/ seporoth 50.

I know stop helps but I only have it honed to use it 4 times and won't have time to farm more orbs to get it up.

What setup should I be using and is sep at 50 better than the other 2 guys I was trying to use?

I need that cloud MC2!!

I can get him down to about 50% but he wipes me out all the time.

What setup should I be using and is sep at 50 better than the other 2 guys I was trying to use?
Normally I would say no, but since he can cast stop and use double cut, he'd be best suited for an advance+retaliate strategy which may be the path of least resistance here. What do your support characters look like and how well honed are your breakdowns? Also, what level is P.Cecil at?

dantehemi

Normally I would say no, but since he can cast stop and use double cut, he'd be best suited for an advance+retaliate strategy which may be the path of least resistance here. What do your support characters look like and how well honed are your breakdowns? Also, what level is P.Cecil at?

P. Cecil is at 50 and my breakdowns are at around R2-3
What do you mean by support characters? Guys like snow?

Jyrii

Banned
Need help guys. I can't beat jenova life, I'm going in with A party of squall 65, cloud 65, aerith 57, Cecil (D) 65, and trying between tidus 65/ vivi 65/ seporoth 50.

I know stop helps but I only have it honed to use it 4 times and won't have time to farm more orbs to get it up.

I need that cloud MC2!!

I can get him down to about 50% but he wipes me out all the time.

I had my Aerith with Planet protector, so that I could have AoE heal. My party was Cloud, Sephy, Vaan, Terra and Aerith.

Quake is damn useful if you have it honed and have lv65 mage with good staff. As it is AoE, it doesn't activate reflect. Mine did +9K dmg.

P. Cecil is at 50 and my breakdowns are at around R2-3
What do you mean by support characters? Guys like snow?

Characters that can use 4*/5* Support abilities so that they can make use of breakdowns, e.g. Wakka, Red XIII, Sazh, Irvine, Fran, etc
Edit: Here's a mock party assuming you have a level broken Wakka. Chose him since he's obtainable early in the game so I figured there would be a good chance you have him leveled up already, and also because it's Halloween and everyone has a free 5* Thrown weapon which he can use from the back row. This is based around a retaliate + Advance RW strategy.
Pe41JVV.png
Armor break on cloud so you don't have to sacrifice a double cut from another character who will end up doing more damage through retaliate (2x vs 1.8x with Cloud) and it should allow you to keep it up constantly throughout the fight.
Everyone's in the back row, so focus on armor with high resistance over defense.

Record materia:
Cloud - SOLDIER's Strike or Dragoon's Determination if you're willing to take the extra damage from Sap
Wakka - Double Hit. Boost lasts for a few turns so you should be able to get an odd hit in on Cloud between breakdowns.
Aerith - Zeal/Sky Pirates Pride. Haste to get Shellga up right away, keep people topped up on life, or increase DPS when others don't need a heal.
Sephiroth - Zeal/Sky Pirates Pride - Apply Stop as fast as possible and increase DPS
Cecil - Flash of Light. Doesn't really matter what you chose here. I chose this for the chance of starting with a full ATB gauge to apply Protectga right away.

Turn 1: Retaliate, Magic Breakdown, Shellga, Stop, Protectga
Turn 2: Advance w/ Cloud, Boost Cloud, Atk Cloud/Curaga, Stop/Double Cut Cloud, Double Cut Cloud
Turn 3: Retaliate, Atk Cloud, Atk Cloud, Stop/Double Cut Cloud, Double Cut Cloud
Then armor break on turn 4 and alternate between retaliate and armor break while keeping him boosted, and keeping Jenova magic broken.

MrDaravon

Got my first MC in Cloud! Dyne was pretty tough though as all my guys were around 42/43.

Same here! He actually didn't hit very hard, but it took a long time to whittle him down. Still managed to get Expert though for overall Master on that stage at least. My first MC :D

#thestruggle

I nabbed Hope's weapon with a 3-pull but have had only one major orb drop the entirety of this last orb fest dungeon.

Why can't we have all the things!?

Vorpal

Realized I couldn't spend the remainder of my mythril within the time left for Orbfest so I did a Lucky Draw--walked away with a Blazefire, Official Ball, and a Kiku-ichimonji (to finally save my katana wielders from Danjuro duty). Warms my little melee heart <3

I'll miss you Orbfest

Razmos

My luck at the orbfest has completely ran out it seems. Can't even remember the last time I saw a Gigantuar.

All said and done, I'm gonna be glad when the event is over because then I can actually play the game again.

Valus

Wtf randomly got two bonus quests to recruit Lightning and Sazh. They weren't there like...3 days ago. Did these quests come with the event or something? So annoying because I didn't notice until after I did my final grind of the orb fest. Sigh. :(

Wtf randomly got two bonus quests to recruit Lightning and Sazh. They weren't there like...3 days ago. Did these quests come with the event or something? So annoying because I didn't notice until after I did my final grind of the orb fest. Sigh. :(

They were added alongside the Hope Quest (about 24h before, actually) so that people who missed them in their own event could nab them to use in the FF13 event.

Falk

that puzzling face
Realized I couldn't spend the remainder of my mythril within the time left for Orbfest so I did a Lucky Draw--walked away with a Blazefire, Official Ball, and a Kiku-ichimonji (to finally save my katana wielders from Danjuro duty). Warms my little melee heart <3

I'll miss you Orbfest

You should have been doing the lucky draws regardless D:

MrDaravon

I only did a fraction of the orbfest that most people here did, but I'm not sure I saw a single Major orb D:. Got a fair amount of Greater orbs though, and it was great for XP and Gil as a new player regardless.

Falk

that puzzling face
real ffrk hardcore players would refresh 5 more times in the last 3 minutes, 10 stam be damned

It had to end on a Greater Power Orb! Haha! Phase 4 was terrible for me. I'm happy of what I got throughout the whole event, but I think that it was time for it to end. I failed, I have like 32 Mythrils left!

This last phase was pretty great for me. Three 5* relics on the lucky pull, and 6 Major Orbs out of 8 Gigantuar appearances. I didn't do tons of refreshes throughout either, only about 2 or 3 per phase.

Bye Orbfest, thanks for the memories.

Falk

that puzzling face
Total Orbfest Results

Summary:

Total Mythril Spent on Refresh: 185 (40/13/80/47 plus 5 for zooming past Cloud event, DU12 and enough of Hope's event to get MCs)

Gil Pre-Orbfest: 11,492,415
Gil Post-Orbfest: 68,640,918

Total Orbs from Orb Dungeon (excludes Mastery Rewards and misc drops from non-farming runs)

GRAND TOTALS
5* 74
4* 685
3* 10049

Black
5* 2
4* 46
3* 775

Lightning
5* 2
4* 47
3* 782

Dark
5* 8 (lol)
4* 51
3* 759

White
5* 5
4* 22
3* 339

Earth
5* 3
4* 19
3* 324

Holy
5* 2
4* 24
3* 328

Summon (wooooooooooo)
5* 8
4* 77
3* 1321

Fire
5* 14 (Give thanks to Lord Cacutar)
4* 93
3* 1354

Ice
5* 14 (Same)
4* 101
3* 1349

Power
5* 2
4* 58
3* 939

NE
5* 11 (... If I'd gotten 11 Major Power Orbs)
4* 69
3* 868

Wind
5* 3
4* 78
3* 911

And in easier-to-digest mode:
(Made Full Break before taking screenshot. Oops)
w4Fwpys.jpg

ID70uvg.png

How do you spend 450-500 Mythrils on refresh during Orb Fest like that crazy robaisolken from Reddit? Running a script through Bluestack? I spent 120, I feel sick from playing and I am a grinder... That's insane, it makes Falk look like a regular player! Haha!

Falk

that puzzling face
Mathematically speaking, there's no way to go above ~468 Mythril used refreshing from 0*, and that's without sleeping (or multiple people playing an account) so no stam wastage whatsoever. If you're just going as fast as possible and eating the ~3-4 stam deficit per refresh though, it's completely posssible to automate in Bluestacks if you put all your AOE abilities in slot 1. That still works out to ~5 Mythril an hour, so either he sunk 100 hours into it just running it over and over (not COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility across 13 days) or it's automated or multiple people.

* maths being you need to wait 39min per refresh at 137stam to refresh after 10 runs. 13 days x 24 hours x 60/40 (where 40 is derived from 39 + say a minute to run through that last stage) = 468 Mythril

edit: The implication of difference between refreshing form 0 and refreshing ASAP being that refreshing from 0 can be done while semi-afk since you just start each stage and can autobattle vs refreshing ASAP and needing to constantly tap AOE abilities.

edit2: On the other hand Shaker is nuts and legit lol

ccbfan

Just was able to complete jenova life for cloud mc2. Cheesed it with advance and stop. Still took like 20 tries.

It pretty crazy how much more powerful I am post orb fest. Before orb fest I couldn't continue the story battles at around diff 35. Just went back and noticed I could auto attack them even with 2 mages.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not sure if I should make the breakdowns or the summons. I suppose magic and power breakdown are more immediately useful (rip all the GNEO I just got)...

Back to classic dungeons in I dunno how long, using the odd balls who I couldn't get to 50 today (I socialized instead of committing to stam refreshing orb fest...) man they say 70 but this content feels easy enemies just have a lot of health.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's 4*. The drawback is that it doesn't do damage.

It's similar to the difference between Armor Breakdown and Armor Steal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's 4*. The drawback is that it doesn't do damage.

It's similar to the difference between Armor Breakdown and Armor Steal.
Ah, hrm... I guess for metareta, the damage doesn't matter too much.
All these orbs and no idea how to spend them. lol

Nohar

I wonder if I will regret not spending more Mythril for the festival (spent only around 45 - stopped counting altogether during phase 4, I was burned out, I can't fathom how Falk managed to farm for so long). When it was up, I was getting sick of farming it, but now that it is gone...

Oh well. What's done is done. I won't have Meteor or Full Break at R2 right away, but I should be able to complete challenges without those.

LucaMac

I almost auto stamina refreshed when I noticed my stamina went to exactly 0, caught myself just in time...silly orbfest.

I definitely regret not being able to spend as much as I wanted to. It was a time and device restriction for me. Phone broken so had to use bluestacks which restricted my usage and access. The replacement part for my phone will come tomorrow just as the orbfest has vanished into the past. Just watch.

Road

Total Orbfest Results

Summary:

Total Orbs from Orb Dungeon (excludes Mastery Rewards and misc drops from non-farming runs)

GRAND TOTALS
5* 74
4* 685
3* 10049

I thought I wasn't being lucky, but overall, I did fine (if my math is not wrong excluding the dungeon rewards):

mythril 58
5* 30
4* 300
4* 4231

That's 5.17 4* orb / mythril used. You got 3.7; this guy, 3.3. The diminishing returns is similar for 5* orbs. Weird. I should note I only did four of the new 18 in DU12, which gave me more stamina spent on orb fest besides the refreshes.

All in all, I should have spent even more on phase 3. It already got 30 of my 58 refreshes

How do you spend 450-500 Mythrils on refresh during Orb Fest like that crazy robaisolken from Reddit? Running a script through Bluestack? I spent 120, I feel sick from playing and I am a grinder... That's insane, it makes Falk look like a regular player! Haha!

If you make it a full time job (8 hours/day), it's possible manually.

I barely found time to do 58 refreshes. I guess I could have done 100, if I didn't care about wasting the left over stamina.

Anyway, this game needs to stop giving Thundaga as dungeon reward...

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh poor Shaker. We were having a good laugh at him being Dark Master in stage one when he scored like a dozen 5* darks

And then I got 8 of them and 2 black 5* orbs

Road

4* Dark Orb haunted me. Lots of those instead of 4* Black. Zero 5* Summon. Only one of 5* Power and Lightning, meaning the r2 Full Break dream is still far, far away. Those were my disappointing results.

On the other hand, I can make r2 Meteor right now, but I don't want to because it'll leave me with zero 5* Black and Earth and my orb inventory will be misaligned. =P

Time to go back to optimizing stamina usage, activate stingy mode. Finished the remaining of the Hope event except for the Barthandelus fight, which will be done after the quest is available. It feels weird now having to wait for my stamina to refresh naturally. The urge to just use mythril is big, while before I never felt tempted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom