• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Considering there's an FF5 event in a few days with one of the more difficult Cid Missions, you should be thankful.

I already have the cura+high regen, it's going to be a tough choice for sure. I don't think I'll be able to do the CM unless I pull something on the first banner, which I hope will be the case xD

I got 2 relics so better than the buff banner for me.
Capella (seeing Element of Treachary makes me think this is a great troll pull like Betrayal Sword)
Skycutter

I could actually combine most the 4*s I pulled too which is a plus (Golden Shield is left out to rot...I just noticed all my FFII armour are shields)

If anyone was wondering what the "Please note that there may be certain Unique Soul Breaks that are not included" disclaimer refers to it is from the nightmare lucky banners (the relics released before xx date part already covers the next FFV banners not being included). Two of Tyro's relics are in not in the relic pool for those; the lightning one and the celebration one.

MiTYH

Whaaaaaaa

qbdbcOB.jpg

Of those, only one (Ashe's) was a repeat. Two for Lightning, which is awesome!

Not only did I 0/11, but the three 4★ I got were ones that I already had double 4★++ of, argh (and I still have never received that FF I sword, sigh).

Whatever, it was a half-price draw at least and my synergy for the realms is pretty good already.

Adeptrain

This is the second time in the last couple of days I've had the google play error, the one that says the games doesn't have permission to access. Anyone else having problems logging in?

I just woke up and realized I had enough Mythril to pull due to the Seeker rewards. This certainly shocked me fully awake.

This is my first fully offensive BSB (I also have Tyro's). Are Lightning's burst abilities worth using, or should I just stick to Powercharge -> BSB? Also, would her SSB do more damage vs Lightning weak bosses? I have both (+ Blazefire Saber, although that SB is obsolete now).

This was one of my first few SB pulls, way back on it's original banner. It feels great to get it all powered up.

Two new medicas plus a relic for one of my favorite characters. Quite pleased.

Galuf's Titan's Gloves and Balthier's Aldebaran. Coming off the last Lucky banner, very pleased with this pull.

Holy shit some redemption finally!

[...]

God it feels good to finally get something top-tier, especially after so many long horrible streaks.

Whaaaaaaa

Of those, only one (Ashe's) was a repeat. Two for Lightning, which is awesome!
Fantastic pulls, congrats!

MiTYH, + that sword. I did so too and it's a fantastic sword mage stick that can also double as a 174 ATK RS sword if need be.

Brandson

Got Hope's BSB on the lucky banner. I had avoided Hope completely in FFRK so far. I guess he's going in my magic team now, whenever it gets called upon.

Pulled on the Buff Banner. I got three 5*s. A second Thyrus and two Wizards Rods, to add to the three I already have. FFS.

Edit: And 0/11 on the Lucky Draw.

So for the battle with famed mimic gogo do you auto win if you wait or is it like the dark knight cecil fight where its easier to just outright kill him?

Pejo

Picked up Exdeath's armor SSB (sucks because I don't use magic characters) and Sazh's Vegas. Ok for XIII synergy I guess. Still no offensive BSB. Bleh.

Razmos

Did my lucky draw, I got Snow's Winged Saint fist which is 3 ice elemental hits, raises the users defense a huge amount and then attracts all attacks. Sounds pretty good.

Would have preferred more FFXII or FFV synergy though.

MrDaravon

Give it a try! I managed to Master the CM+ for this event with even weaker synergy than both of you (even if it got real hairy towards the end).

The only characters that had meaningful weapon synergy was Lightning with Peacemaker (that I thankfully managed to grab in the Celerity banner, thank you RNGesus) and the NY Gun which got slapped on Sazh. No Medicas either.

JaPmsWZ.jpg

Late response on this, but finally got around to the U/U+ this morning and gave the CM a go because of your post and it was super easy :D

I took a more or less A team for the regular Ultimate and to get Mastery on the U+ since I wasn't sure if I would be able to do the CM. Took longer than it should have but did on my first try no problems:

RqJkyP0.png
88gMgJj.png

Then for the CM attempt I opted for the following team (Shout RW) and managed to do it on my second try (got screwed by back to back to back Biogas late on my first run), was a bit dicey but managed to burst him down way quicker than with my main team haha.

VKjYyOi.png
9WMp8P1.png

Feels so good to be able to do endgame content now :D

So I pulled on the lucky banner and I got an unsurprising 0/11. I'm not too upset since the 10 mythrils was free, but six 4 stars equipments. Never seen so many 4 star equipment I won't use. Guaranteed 5's can't come soon enough.
Oh well, I'm looking forward to Mobius at least.

Xetherion

1/11 on Lucky Draw, got Platinum Shield! Will go nicely with Pecil's BSB, plus it's nice to finally have an SB for someone from XII other than Vaan. Also Basch can Tauntaliate right? If so he might replace Mesh on my Shoutaliate teams.

1/11 on Lucky Draw, got Platinum Shield! Will go nicely with Pecil's BSB, plus it's nice to finally have an SB for someone from XII other than Vaan. Also Basch can Tauntaliate right? If so he might replace Mesh on my Shoutaliate teams.
He totally can. Put Knight's Charge on him and tauntaliate all day.

Dahaka didn't seem too rough, and was certainly far easier to meet Cid Mission requirements against than Ifrit was even though my FF13 synergy is inferior (but still solid). I was worried I wouldn't have enough Powerchain or Full Charge abilities, so I mixed in some normal attacks early, which seemed accurate. I considered having Sazh use Boon instead of Godsend, freeing up a slot for Vanille to use Holy during the stagger phase, but I decided the Major Regen would be really useful to compensate for a weak group cure. Recorded my attempt:

Mote Dungeon: Taejin's Tower

Xetherion

He totally can. Put Knight's Charge on him and tauntaliate all day.

Knight's Charge wouldn't go great with tauntaliate. Half of its benefit comes from taking damage, which you don't when tauntaliating. Better off with Ace Striker or Battleforged, though I prefer to use Feral Might so I can get Draw Fire off quicker.

MrDaravon

God damn it I'm still making my way through the DU, I don't have time yet for the Mote dungeon and Mobius starting in a couple of days :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Did they tone down VIII mote dungeon this time? I still have Cid Mission to complete.

Every time I think about this I'm so tempted to drop 50 on Keeper's Pick #1 just so I get a decent +MAG weapon to clear this thing normally.

I'll just wait till OSB and 6* and come back with a can of wup ass.

Knight's Charge wouldn't go great with tauntaliate. Half of its benefit comes from taking damage, which you don't when tauntaliating. Better off with Ace Striker or Battleforged, though I prefer to use Feral Might so I can get Draw Fire off quicker.
Oh yeah, forgot retaliate completely causes you to take no physical damage. Ramza and my Keeper has Ace Striker and Battleforged and I can't really spare it to him unless its a dps fight like Ultimate Cid+.

I'll have him with Draw Fire and Life Siphon and he'll just be my meat shield for the time being.

Oh yeah, forgot retaliate completely causes you to take no physical damage. Ramza and my Keeper has Ace Striker and Battleforged and I can't really spare it to him unless its a dps fight like Ultimate Cid+.

I'll have him with Draw Fire and Life Siphon and he'll just be my meat shield for the time being.
If you have the RM Lionheart (One of Squall's), it works great on anyone using Draw Fire to soak up damage. You charge your Soul Gauge very quickly that way.

Adeptrain

Question. For the second memory crystal realm materias (like ace striker), you need to get your characters over lvl 65 (2nd crystal) and then use them for a chance to drop right? What are the chances like? 5%? 10%?

Balphon

Question. For the second memory crystal realm materias (like ace striker), you need to get your characters over lvl 65 (2nd crystal) and then use them for a chance to drop right? What are the chances like? 5%? 10%?

They don't need to actually be over 65, you just need to have used their second crystal on them and raised their level cap. The drop chance is generally lower than that. There's a small chance of the RM dropping at the end of any round if that character is in the party.

Adeptrain

They don't need to actually be over 65, you just need to have used their second crystal on them and raised their level cap. The drop chance is generally lower than that. There's a small chance of the RM dropping at the end of any round if that character is in the party.

Geh! Drop chance is lower than 5%?! Wait, at the end of every round or every battle? If it's every round..well, that's not tooo bad. Sigh....I looked around and everyone recommended getting Tyro's and Cloud's second RM so I'm using those two in my groups and hoping they drop soon. Well, thx for clarifying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom