• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't take it seriously, but I am getting tired of you pulling great stuff and then casually ask if it's any useful! :p
lol, well I honestly don't know, and trust me, I've blanked A LOT in this game. :p
I wasn't going to pull until I read people here talking about this being a good banner.

Czarcasm

Debating whether or not to pull on the banner.
Masamune (Good Burst), Fire Lash (Magic Boost Upgrade/usable in 2 nightmare compared to Edea's 1), Excalibur (Holy+), and Bartz's Cloak (Wind+) would be nice to get, but I already have an Artemis Bow, as a result her bracer probably wouldn't get much use, and I already have 2 copies of Golbez's armor so I have Dark+ covered.

lol, well I honestly don't know, and trust me, I've blanked A LOT in this game. :p
I wasn't going to pull until I read people here talking about this being a good banner.

Haha I know you did, most of us did (but MicH)! I like your approach to this game, believe me. The bow is a great great Support relic, it's Full Break on entry and Magic Breakdown and Power Breakdown as commands, freeing up slots for Faris to use somethis else on abilities.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
After a rather lackluster relic draw, I got Faris's BSB and Krile's SSB. Maybe I'll do another 11x pull before the banners go away.

I stomped the CM Dahaka due to my recent FXIII relic luck.

Sidenote - Fang was dishing out 14k+ per Dragoon Jump and 20k while Dahaka was staggered; I love dragoons in this game.

I skipped Ifrit before. I have Tyro's BSB + SG + Shout + Curaga Medicas now, so I should be able to take him down with a non-CM team but maybe I pull off the CM too. My FFVIII relics are: Edea's Sorceress's Crown, Rinoa's Rising Sun and Valkyrie, Irvine's Valiant, Blitz Sword (VIII), Fujin's Chakram (VIII), Galbadian Elite Armor (VIII), Esthar Bracers (VIII). I have two r4 Blizzajas too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha I know you did, most of us did (but MicH)! I like your approach to this game, believe me. The bow is a great great Support relic, it's Full Break on entry and Magic Breakdown and Power Breakdown as commands, freeing up slots for Faris to use somethis else on abilities.
Ah, that makes sense. I guess I can bench Agrias... but I always use Tyro as my breaker because I bring my own Wall, so I wonder I could put on him to make him useful.

100 gems was just a 3*, but I seem to almost always get something when I do a "ehh, what the heck!" pull (recently that gave me Shout, Lightning's BSB, 7* Fran's Whip Kick Bow and Leila's Hastega).

WekknQX.jpg
I already have Faris's Aevis Killer (-DEF/-RES SB), so this will be a good complement for her. Not to mention that bracers are always fantastic armor choices.

100 Gem - Junk
11 Pull - Faris's Bracers & Bartz's Cloak
2 Single Pulls - Fire Lash

Excellent. My first En and my first Imperil, both the same element, on two great characters, and an amazing Faithga*. (*Also the item I wanted from the banner most of all.)

Czarcasm

Did an 11-pull, got Fire Lash, Mage Team is now ready....well it was ok before but this a great upgrade from Edea's magic boost.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull actually paying off again.

VSu6gsX.png

Really not my first choice but obviously solid and better than nothing, I can't imaging the wind resistance lowering effect is of any real use though?

Not exactly sure what I want to do pull-wise here past the 100-gem though; my FFV synergy is actually pretty solid in terms of defensive and magic options:

Brave Blade
Kaiser Knuckles
Ghido's Whisker
Sage's Staff
2 Ninja Suits
Genji Armor
Exdeath's Cuirass
Gaia Gear
Faris' Bracers

That said I'd still like a good SSB/BSB physical attack option to complement Shout etc. In that regard Banner 1 seems much better than Banner 2. Banner 2 does also have Lenna's Curaga Medica, and I still am lacking a Curaga Medica so that would be nice but I don't think is enough of a tipping point. Might do like 3 or 4 single pulls on the first banner or something maybe? I have like 45 mythril right now with a few levels from the last DU to still complete along with free mythril and mythril from this event, but I'm not sure if wanting physical attack relics off this first banner is justified enough to do an 11-pull based on what I already have which is pretty good otherwise. Hm.

Czarcasm

Wow, Dahaka was really easy, I quick staggered him like 3 times in a row and only took 2 hit until I got him down to 30% hp. After that he only got in a couple more attack and hasted himself at the end, I was still faster and healed my party/killed him before he could do anything after that.

Edit: How do you do the thing where you have the large images shrink but go to normal size when clicked?

I got Bartz's Air Knife from the Lucky Draw (1/11) and then did a 100 gem pull on the FFV banner and got his Excalibur! Guess I'll be using Bartz more than I planned to.

Still really tempted to do an 11x on the FFV banner, but I've got great synergy already... Lenna and Krile are the only ones in that realm I don't have relics for.

Edit: How do you do the thing where you have the large images shrink but go to normal size when clicked?
If you mean that it links to the unshrunk image then it's by using the URL and IMG commands w/ imgur's resizing algorithm (putting s, m or l at the end of a direct url).

Ex:

I do this when I post multiple pictures that I want to keep on the same line (like my post above with my Dahaka clear pics). Otherwise, I just quote them.

Ex:

ccbfan

What's a good setup for the new Mage meta coming soon?

I have

Krile sheep ssb
Tyro sg

And will rw a stackable Faithga.

I also got Faris bssb and from what I read you can create a loop of debuffs using wrath and a sb meter ssb.

Tyro will be shellga and some rando skill that migh be needed.

I have a bunch of medica healers, will probably use vanille protectga medica since she could also be decent dps.

Im have exdeath runic, yuna bssb and rinoa ssb. So depending on situation I could rotate.

With a good collection of 5* orbs (a ton of mbo and mneo) can I make a good Mage team or do I need more bssbs.

Kain

100 mythril later I got... Fari's bracers. I'm still spending whatever mythril I get in the next few days on banner 1, I have faith!

Learn from my mistake guys. I seriously was really stupid today. I didn't even share my entire foolish disaster. To sum it up, I bought not one, but TWO of those $85 bundles. I freaking hate myself.

The 5* relics, and let's face it the 5* are all that matter , I obtained were....

Faris BSSB bow
Faris Bracers
Two Bartz Cloaks

That's it folks, 4 relics. For $171. I feel completely cheated, but I knew it going into this shit. I have myself to blame. Just learn from my error. If you ever want to drop money on a gamble don't.

That's 1 dollar pull and seven 11 draws adding my 50 mythril draw. What a waste of money. I really should delete the game and forget it ever existed, but I've been playing since launch. I'm in to deep. I have the junk I need to clear all the content, but let's face it, when the OSB things come into play who knows if I can keep up without spending money. I feel like utter crap.

WarAdept

What's a good setup for the new Mage meta coming soon?

I have

Krile sheep ssb
Tyro sg

And will rw a stackable Faithga.

I also got Faris bssb and from what I read you can create a loop of debuffs using wrath and a sb meter ssb.

Tyro will be shellga and some rando skill that migh be needed.

I have a bunch of medica healers, will probably use vanille protectga medica since she could also be decent dps.

Im have exdeath runic, yuna bssb and rinoa ssb. So depending on situation I could rotate.

With a good collection of 5* orbs (a ton of mbo and mneo) can I make a good Mage team or do I need more bssbs.

Really, I think you're pretty good. Sheepskin + Focus is more than enough with the Chain spells and helps alleviate healing pressure with that high Regen, so much that you can probably get away with no medicas for a lot of fights.

I guess it depends if you pull an SB with EnElement or Imperil and wish to stack your damage to a particular element.

We talked about this. We really did.

We definitely did. And like an idiot I did it again. It's definitely some weird mental problem I have with this thing. The last game I did this with was Dungeon Fighter Online. Hundreds of dollars, just like this one. When the servers eventually go away it'll all be gone. So I know it's dumb, yet I still do it. I justify it as "it's just money", but damn is it a waste. The fact that it's like $30 an 11 pull is absurd. I wish I could take it back of course. I just hate myself. I'll get over it, as I do. I guess bravo game devs for getting more of my money.

I got Faris BSSB and Bartz's Cloak with my pulls. Not bad but I really wished for something Greg's.
Not investing more mythrils than the 65 I already spent, time to look forward.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Learn from my mistake guys. I seriously was really stupid today. I didn't even share my entire foolish disaster. To sum it up, I bought not one, but TWO of those $85 bundles. I freaking hate myself.

The 5* relics, and let's face it the 5* are all that matter , I obtained were....

Faris BSSB bow
Faris Bracers
Two Bartz Cloaks

That's it folks, 4 relics. For $171. I feel completely cheated, but I knew it going into this shit. I have myself to blame. Just learn from my error. If you ever want to drop money on a gamble don't.

That's 1 dollar pull and seven 11 draws adding my 50 mythril draw. What a waste of money. I really should delete the game and forget it ever existed, but I've been playing since launch. I'm in to deep. I have the junk I need to clear all the content, but let's face it, when the OSB things come into play who knows if I can keep up without spending money. I feel like utter crap.

Sorry. :(

I find the easiest way for me to get the "juice" is to just have multiple games/accounts and then just do draws whenever I need a "hit". Of course I stopped chasing any particular relic now anyway.

c-murph

I was playing this morning around 7am and beat a few of the event dungeons. I just tried logging right now at 9:20am and I keep getting a Google Account Error. It says, "Your Google account or this app is not authorized by Google Play Service."

What gives?

EDIT: Fixed the problem. Searched on Reddit. Apparently, it happens? for some reason when times don't sync. Gotta remove your Google account from the phone and log back in.

Been hoarding mythril for a while for this banner. Struck out on the BSBs. When do Gilgamesh and Faris BSB return?
Outside of Lucky or Themed Draws, Faris's BSB only came back in the OSB Fest while Gilgamesh OSB banner 2 (~4 months away) has both his BSB and SSB on it. It also has a few other relics from this banner (Faris's Bracers, Krile's Fire Lash, Exdeath's Cuirass and Bartz's Cloak).

My advice that you should have a go-to person to y/n whenever you want to pull, still remains.

Totally did that. One hour prior to the banner I told them what I was planning on doing. Wish they took my phone from me because as soon as they left I couldn't help myself. Still feeling dumb but I'm not wanting to die today so that's good.

ccbfan

If you have bad FF5 RS though this is probably the best banner to pull for a long time.

There's like 10 globally available relics that's still top tier in Japan and this banner has two of them (Krile sheep mode and Faris BSSB, the rest probably SG, SS, Cecil BSSB, Shout, Vaan BSSB, Rosa Mblink Medica, Tyro BSSB, some relic I can't think of)

The ff5 banner was enticing.

50 mithril.

Got fire whip n magic blink armour×2.

Two more supers to added to Delita, Lightning, Vaan, and Vincent's Ssb.

That along with stormlance grimore and thyrus, and I have a decent team in the making.

I just need some sort of mass heal soulbreak now.

Not bad for starting up 2 weeks ago.

The hardest thing now is leveling up and honing abilities.

We are only a month away from OSBs and, hopefully, guaranteed 1/11 pulls (Opera Celes BSB, Raine, Selphie BSB, Cloud OSB).

Do we have any idea of when we are getting the 2x BSB Fest? The best time for them to do it would seemingly be during the X-2 event / into the VIII one and ending right before Cloud's, but is there any confirmed info on it?

Razmos

I wish they'd do more events like the Dissidia one with unique synergy, like a lady's only event where all female characters (and their equipment) get synergy, culminating in a boss fights with Ultros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom