• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Geh! Drop chance is lower than 5%?! Wait, at the end of every round or every battle? If it's every round..well, that's not tooo bad. Sigh....I looked around and everyone recommended getting Tyro's and Cloud's second RM so I'm using those two in my groups and hoping they drop soon. Well, thx for clarifying :)

It's every round, and they'll generally come pretty quickly as others have said.

Note that there are some special cases with mostly older RMs that have different drop conditions. Cloud's second RM is one of those and requires you to finish a certain dungeon with Cloud in the party. Once more, the RM people are recommending is actually Cloud's third, which does have normal drop rules, but requires you to already have his second.

Everyone was talking up the bahamut summon, then I go and use it.... 3k per hit. Oh boy such POWAAAA!
What were you fighting against? For magic that sounds very good against a typical Ultimate+ boss with 2k res (or whatever the too high number is). But the fact that shout gives physical better damage renders the accomplishment a bit moot.

Though honestly I never understood why the res got pumped to insane values. It kind of works when there is element weakness as you'll still do good by hitting the weakness. Was mage meta (remember that?) really that bad for DeNA's wallet?

Oh was that only a 99 difficulty boss I went in preparing for the mote boss to wreck me but he spent half the fight toppeled now I wish I had tried the cid mission

Oh was that only a 99 difficulty boss I went in preparing for the mote boss to wreck me but he spent half the fight toppeled now I wish I had tried the cid mission

Since it's 1 stamina go for it. I find the topple thing really weird. Ff13 is one of the only ffs I never played, did this guy have the same gimmick in the real thing?

Since it's 1 stamina go for it. I find the topple thing really weird. Ff13 is one of the only ffs I never played, did this guy have the same gimmick in the real thing?

The entire game had that gimmick

Basically in 13 you could shift between 6 classes

Commando (high damage low stagger)
Ravanger (low damage high stagger)
Sentinel (draws all attacks reduces damage)
Medic (healer)
Synergist (buff)
Saboteur (debuff)

Enemies had a stagger meter that as you attacked built up and you did % more damage as it rose. Once it filled you broke the enemy toppling it and double the % of the meter enabling lots of damage as the meter rapidly dropped. Generally players wanted to use ravagers to quickly fill the meter then switch to commandos to maximize damage.

Dreamstage not helping much against 3 Meteors back to back on Mote Ifrit CM! I think I have a max of 10-15 S/L per day in me for this bullshit. Let's see if I will beat it before the dungeon is gone again!

Also, Refresh RW can't come sound enough...

The entire game had that gimmick

Basically in 13 you could shift between 6 classes

Commando (high damage low stagger)
Ravanger (low damage high stagger)
Sentinel (draws all attacks reduces damage)
Medic (healer)
Synergist (buff)
Saboteur (debuff)

Enemies had a stagger meter that as you attacked built up and you did % more damage as it rose. Once it filled you broke the enemy toppling it and double the % of the meter enabling lots of damage as the meter rapidly dropped. Generally players wanted to use ravagers to quickly fill the meter then switch to commandos to maximize damage.

Huh. Never knew about that mechanic in the game. Cool ty

WarAdept

Wait, there's a new banner today?

I'm so confused. Between maintenance and looking up new banners in BE, the mote dungeon opening up and the DU in RK (I curbstomped Dahaka, what a piss weak boss compared to Mote Ifrit) and desperately trying to find out where Multiplayer is in Mobius, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.

About Ifrit Mote... This guy on Reddit says he was doing ~8.7k x 4 with Edea using Rinoa's BSB Ice command under Memento Mori and Devotion RM, he has 528 MAG. I have 480 MAG and Ice command under Memento Mori and Devotion RM does ~6.9k x 4 on my side.

For 8 Ice Commands, that's about 220 000 DMG for me, 278 000 DMG for him. My Edea Doom timer went to 0 before I could kill Ifrit. Does 48 MAG add this much damage because of some cap/exponential shit from RM that I don't get? I was real tight with using my commands with Edea too!

The only thing I can see trying is Mental Breakdown instead of Full Break (ouch) and/or giving Rinoa Blizzaja + Ice RM instead of Curaga for her to try covering the lacking damage. I would need even better RNG, though as Selphie will be healing alone and Rinoa would be using a 3*++ MAG weapon...

I am a tad upset, I had the RNG needed to beat him, only to realize Edea was going to die before the last needed Ice Command. :/

About Ifrit Mote... This guy on Reddit says he was doing ~8.7k x 4 with Edea using Rinoa's BSB Ice command under Memento Mori and Devotion RM, he has 528 MAG. I have 480 MAG and Ice command under Memento Mori and Devotion RM does ~6.9k x 4 on my side.
With 461 MAG on Edea, not including the 20% from devotion, I was hitting for about 7k per strike under Full Break + Mental Break and boosted with Memento Mori. If I remember correctly, with just Full Break I was doing 6.5k. I needed that extra break plus an extremely high MAG RW (check the friend code links on reddit) to squeeze out every last bit of damage that I could. Also, you mention the damage from 8 iceraizes, but you can get a 5th iceraize out of each BSB cast, 10 in total, but you have to be on top of it. Any delay and you'll likely miss out.

FB+MB is -27.25% RES compared to the -15% RES of FB alone. Might not seem like much, but it adds up. Mental Breakdown is -25% which will get you most of the way there, but the lack of mitigation without FB will hurt.

edit: I should also say that I ended up clearing it with Edea + Rinoa, rather than Edea alone as surviving for the length of the entire doom counter was a significant pain in the ass. My initial setup is here, with adjustments a few posts later. I think I forgot to include a few details, but if I remember correctly my setup would have looked like this:
7H79hIx.jpg

With 461 MAG on Edea, not including the 20% from devotion, I was hitting for about 7k per strike under Full Break + Mental Break and boosted with Memento Mori. If I remember correctly, with just Full Break I was doing 6.5k. I needed that extra break plus an extremely high MAG RW (check the friend code links on reddit) to squeeze out every last bit of damage that I could. Also, you mention the damage from 8 iceraizes, but you can get a 5th iceraize out of each BSB cast, 10 in total, but you have to be on top of it. Any delay and you'll likely miss out.

FB+MB is -27.25% RES compared to the -15% RES of FB alone. Might not seem like much, but it adds up. Mental Breakdown is -25% which will get you most of the way there, but the lack of mitigation without FB will hurt.

Thanks for the reply man! On a good run, Some Magic Blink from Dreamstage should be able to cover for the lack of Full Break. I will try again next time Wazzy RW pop on my list, her Rinoa is through the roof! For the 8X, yea I was able to squeeze a fifth one with very quick timing on my last run, I just spam the spot where I know the command is about to pop and it seems to work well!

Edit: about your edit, I would totally do that if I had a second MAG weapon for VIII. On the run where Edea's timer ran out, my party was in pretty good shape (lucky run), I might be able to reproduce that but killing it this time with the additional damage from Mental Breakdown + using the strongest RW possible.

Well I mean....I don't have that, and one Meteor I'm pretty much done without SG.

If you can't survive a single Meteor then you can't beat the fight period, and need to address your character levels and equipment to get better RES. Even with Dreamstage, you are going to get hit by Meteor.

Shadow780

If you can't survive a single Meteor then you can't beat the fight period, and need to address your character levels and equipment to get better RES. Even with Dreamstage, you are going to get hit by Meteor.

I cannot survive Meteor + an AOE, one Meteor would pretty much deplete my whole team to the brink.

I'll probably need to level them all to 80 since my VIII gear is okay without Dreamstage.

Inbachi

Neo Member
My best pull yet, though I don't know if any of those relics are any good. Either way, I was lacking in XIII synergy so I'm happy.

m359L0dl.jpg

WarAdept

My best pull yet, though I don't know if any of those relics are any good. Either way, I was lacking in XIII synergy so I'm happy.

m359L0dl.jpg

Those are all excellent Relics (sans Serah's glove)! Hope's BSB being the standout there, able to function within a Shout team and be super strong with a Mage team.

13 Bonus Battles down. Those were fun.

Things went nice and smooth after I got past the initial deluge of attacks and mitigation was set up. I used Wall, Lightning's BSB, WoL's SSB and Penelo's SSB. I do have Tidus SSB, but I don't think I used it.

U+ CM down.

Starts with Lightning casting Shout RW before Powerchain+Full Charge spam, Snow on Shellga shared SB out of the gate followed by Banishing Strike and then Saints Cross, Vanille with Protectga and Curaja spam, Sazh uses alternating breaks, and Cid starts with Memento Mori for the boost and goes all in with Dark Zone.
I used a similarly tweaked strategy: Snow casted the Shout RW while Sazh had a Protectga shared SB that was only cast at the start of the fight. I lost so many times due to the AoE sleep attack >_<. Luckily, when I cleared it none of my members fell asleep + 2x proced a few times on DZ + Lightning took a few weak extra hits that charged her bar enough to get in 2 BSB casts.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Those are all excellent Relics (sans Serah's glove)! Hope's BSB being the standout there, able to function within a Shout team and be super strong with a Mage team.
Cool, thanks for the info. This game really wants me to use Hope, apparently, as I also have his Skycutter and Airwing relics. He's the only person I had XIII synergy for before this pull.

I am so tempted to pull on tonight's banner because of how great it is. However, I have Excalibur, Ragnarok, Genji Blade, 2 Aevis Killer, Beast Killer and Flametongue... I never pulled on a FFV banner beside for 100 gems. I guess I just really want Sheepsong and Faris' BSB...

Good luck to everyone pulling tonight! I will 100 gems only and keep trying to convince myself that I am not pulling for Celes BSB because I am waiting for guaranteed 5*.

WarAdept

I am so tempted to pull on tonight's banner because of how great it is. However, I have Excalibur, Ragnarok, Genji Blade, 2 Aevis Killer, Beast Killer and Flametongue... I never pulled on a FFV banner beside for 100 gems. I guess I just really want Sheepsong and Faris' BSB...

Good luck to everyone pulling tonight! I will 100 gems only and keep trying to convince myself that I am not pulling for Celes BSB because I am waiting for guaranteed 5*.

Every last mithril (sans Lucky's) are going towards OK for me. Native Sheepsong would be nice, but I'd probably rarely use it, like my native Shout. Usually just RW it and call it a day.

WarAdept

Really? I use my native Shout all the time.

Well I'm all about doing CM's, so automatically Ramza is disqualified. The only time he's come out to play is with the recent Support Nightmare and FFT events.

Same with Tyro and SG. Pops out every now and again for Nightmare's, but ever since CM's were introduced, auto disqualified from using him.

I don't use my native Shout much either. Far more often I bring it as RW.

This is partially also because I have SG, and I generally run Tyro as a Support character, so that leaves less functionality for Ramza. Plus, not having to worry about gearing Ramza for Mind to maximize Hastega is also preferable IMO.

Adeptrain

Mwehehehehe!!

One 11-pull and I saw two rainbows!

Got both Gilgamesh and Faris's B&B! o_O

I don't even have those characters yet. &#12640;&#12640;

Adeptrain

It's every round, and they'll generally come pretty quickly as others have said.

Note that there are some special cases with mostly older RMs that have different drop conditions. Cloud's second RM is one of those and requires you to finish a certain dungeon with Cloud in the party. Once more, the RM people are recommending is actually Cloud's third, which does have normal drop rules, but requires you to already have his second.

Wow. Thx for telling me this. I had no idea! Appreciated.

I'm tempted to pull as this banner looks really good, but I usually try to save for festival and lucky banners. The only things on the banner I wouldn't really want are sheepsong, since I have Edward's Song of Switness already, and the Cloak since it's a regular SB and I don't forsee the Wind damage boost to be particularly useful. 5/7 useful looking items is pretty damn good though...

edit: I thought guaranteed 5* was supposed to come with this banner. Based on those pulls above, it doesn't look like that's the case. When is that happening again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom