• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

After a disastrous string of pulls on FFT to the tune of 150 mythril and 2 poison rods to show for it, the gacha has redeemed itself by throwing Masamune (V) at me on a 100 gem.

My two burst weapons are now Bartz and Greg.

Kenai

I got the Fire Whip thing from my 100 pull. I guess there's En-Sleep on the effect too? The effect by itself seems pretty nice, but I need to figure out which mages i actually want to use

I got the Fire Whip thing from my 100 pull. I guess there's En-Sleep on the effect too? The effect by itself seems pretty nice, but I need to figure out which mages i actually want to use
Sheepsong has no sleep effect, on enemies or the caster. (It's just a cute part of the SB animation.) The effects are party Haste, High Regen, MAG+30%.

The whip itself also has a fire damage boost.

MrDaravon

Did a 3-pull and got another goddamn Exdeath's Cuirass. Between two of those, the Ghido Whisker and Ebon Armor I don't know why the game wants me to run dark magic so bad lol. It sucks because my FFV synergy is pretty good defensively and magic wise but I just want a good physical SSB/BSB like Greg's or Bartz's :(. Going to stop while I'm ahead though for sure.

Kenai

Sheepsong has no sleep effect, on enemies or the caster. (It's just a cute part of the SB animation.) The effects are party Haste, High Regen, MAG+30%.

The whip itself also has a fire damage boost.

Oh ok. It was weird cause I was watching the help vids for the next Mote boss on that kong whatever site (Magus Sisters) and it looked like they were using this one to ensleep. it must have been something else then.

In other news they announced the Mobius collab event. Woo. I figured we'd get it but not this soon.

Uhhh... how do I beat Mimic? I don't understand the tip...
Hint: He copies your actions, so what action should you take if you don't want him to do anything?

Answer:
Don't do anything until he praises your "mimicry". Then you can attack him.

I wish FFV was more popular.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hint: He copies your actions, so what action should you take if you don't want him to do anything?

Answer:
Don't do anything until he praises your "mimicry". Then you can attack him.

I wish FFV was more popular.
Ah, that's neat. lol
And yep, never had any reason to play FFV, especially since they skipped it on SNES...

Xetherion

Got Krile's Fire Lash on 100 gem pull. This game loves giving me faithga/hastega relics. Already had Edea's and Edward's. I also now have an SB relic for every FFV character except Lenna, lol.

Razmos

Maintenance announced, and a mobius collaboration daily login event.

New features: the vault, can refresh friend summon list, better sorting, and you can remove followers.

Kain

Mastered Dahaka with two XIII relics, luckily he got staggered twice so I could pummel him

Then tried Ifrit and at last could beat him with Riona's RW strategy. I had three, THREE dedicated healers and only during a couple of turns I felt those were enough.

MrDaravon

Wasn't there also supposed to be a feature where accessories got their own inventory space besides the vault?

The notes state that "Equipment is now separated in Weapons, Armor and Accessories" so not sure that that's it or not but I've heard that as well.

Also did the the new mote dungeon and got CM Mastery easy as hell first try. Still haven't even tried Ifrit, my FF1 synergy is literally better than my FF8 synergy is so I'm not touching that one anytime soon.

sigh I did an unnecessary pull on the V banner hoping for literally all but one of the relics and of course, I pulled a second Ex-Death armor as well as an off banner VII fist, Dragon Claw. Now, the good news is that I have a 5++ fist for VII, it hits for 123/244 which is awesome and will be better when it goes to +++, tempted to dump 6 Rosetta stones into it.

I feel compelled to pull on any banner than has Bartz' Excalibur, as I have it at 5+ and a third would be an amazing +holy weapon usable in any realm even without rs.

The ex-death armor at + is 142/233 def, 95/147 res and 19/39 mag, which is pretty outstanding for any dark magic dealer, if I need a 3rd offensive mage type. Hmm, who can hold a rod, wear heavy armor and is darkness 5? Golbez, Ex-death, anyone else?

Falk

that puzzling face
FFRK humor

"If you mortals prove yourself worthy I will lend you my power"

hea9nIFl.png

I will really need to limit my attempts at Mote Ifrit CM mission to like 10 a day or something... Using the Rinoa's BSB strat that almost everyone used. This is the most alienating, skill-less, hardest, most RNG dependent thing I ever did in any game ever and I have been gaming for close to 30 years. I read many post about people doing it for hours, throwing their phones or almost temporarily losing their sanity.

I cannot let myself get there at all, it does not worth it (well, I would never throw my phone anyway). I just want to have that dumb thing behind, came close twice today and it ended because of back to back Meteor when he was close to death. /sigh I should just give up on this until I get another little boost to kill it. I want to do this now as some sort of "achievement", but "s/ling for a while until you get lucky" is nothing to be really proud of anyway...

Edit: The event tonight should be fun! Anyone knows how the collecting works?

Balphon

I will really need to limit my attempts at Mote Ifrit CM mission to like 10 a day or something... Using the Rinoa's BSB strat that almost everyone used. This is the most alienating, skill-less, hardest, most RNG dependent thing I ever did in any game ever and I have been gaming for close to 30 years. I read many post about people doing it for hours, throwing their phones or almost temporarily losing their sanity.

I cannot let myself get there at all, it does not worth it (well, I would never throw my phone anyway). I just want to have that dumb thing behind, came close twice today and it ended because of back to back Meteor when he was close to death. /sigh I should just give up on this until I get another little boost to kill it. I want to do this now as some sort of "achievement", but "s/ling for a while until you get lucky" is nothing to be really proud of anyway...

Edit: The event tonight should be fun! Anyone knows how the collecting works?

The Rinoa BSB RW strat is basically the least gear-dependent strat, but the most RNG-dependent one. Just don't sweat it; the CM will keep coming back.

Mobius event works the same way as the other collect events, the battles have Rainbow Seeds (a Mobius item) as completion rewards/occasional drops and a store where you can turn them in. I think Sarah and Echo's MCIIs are the main unique rewards in the store.

Main difference from the older collect events is this one goes up to +++ difficulty and has bonus battles.

The Rinoa BSB RW strat is basically the least gear-dependent strat, but the most RNG-dependent one. Just don't sweat it; the CM will keep coming back.

Mobius event works the same way as the other collect events, the battles have Rainbow Seeds (a Mobius item) as completion rewards/occasional drops and a store where you can turn them in. I think Sarah and Echo's MCIIs are the main unique rewards in the store.

Main difference from the older collect events is this one goes up to +++ difficulty and has bonus battles.

Thanks Balphon! Yea, I will just stop "worrying" about it, trying it a few times here and there until it's gone in case I luck out. I feel "forced" to try it sometimes because a good Rinoa RW pops, but in a few days we'll get RW refresh so I will be able to try it when I feel like it until it's gone.

About the event, damn I am actually excited to get a collecting event once again! Sounds great, I need the change of pace! =)

Where do I get Summon Orbs to create the good summons? I noticed I was receiving minor/lesser orbs for the first time ever in the FFV event, so I did a quick Google search and it's telling me that the only guaranteed way to get Greater/Major Summon Orbs is the Gysahl exchange.. is that right?
I need to save up my greens for MC2's (still not good enough to earn them from events :( ) so no Valefor/Maduin for a while I guess..

B.K.

A Collector's Event! We haven't had one of those in a LONG time. I hope there are more of them coming and some Survival events.

4* with my 100-gem pull. But it was a FF9 Dagger that I had at +. A +++ will serve me well for Freya users (I have two 5*++ Ultima Sword, a 5* Coral Sword and generic 5* Fist for the others).

MiTYH

Scared to do a pull here, even though I should since I have no synergy in it...

Actually, more excited I can finally get a Memory Lode 2. I'm juuuust getting strong enough to start tacking on these battles, but this collection event gives one basically for free just by beating some battles. Question is, who's the best to use it on?

My main team of hard hitters usually is (all with BSSB):
- Lightning
- Bartz
- Sephiroth
- Edgar
- Zidane

I'm toying between Edgar/Zidane/Bartz. Edgar hits like a truck on normal attacks, Zidane has a holy BSSB, and Bartz, well, I'm still trying to get to his free memory lode while it's here. We'll see if I can get strong enough for that

EDIT: Bah, caved and did a 11x pull. Only got two 4-stars, a XII Platinum Dagger and VI Gravity Rod.

Anustart

Scared to do a pull here, even though I should since I have no synergy in it...

Actually, more excited I can finally get a Memory Lode 2. I'm juuuust getting strong enough to start tacking on these battles, but this collection event gives one basically for free just by beating some battles. Question is, who's the best to use it on?

My main team of hard hitters usually is (all with BSSB):
- Lightning
- Bartz
- Sephiroth
- Edgar
- Zidane

I'm toying between Edgar/Zidane/Bartz. Edgar hits like a truck on normal attacks, Zidane has a holy BSSB, and Bartz, well, I'm still trying to get to his free memory lode while it's here. We'll see if I can get strong enough for that

EDIT: Bah, caved and did a 11x pull. Only got two 4-stars, a XII Platinum Dagger and VI Gravity Rod.

How are you not destroying everything? I have 0 BSSBs and can clear almost all content thrown at us.

Dr. Mog wrote a god damn 3000-word essay for Imperial Lich, but forgot how to form paragraphs.

Thanks to the crazy amount of mythril you can purchase for the Mobius event, I managed to do an FF5 pull afterall. Got Excalibur and Faris's Bracers. It's my second flavor of Excalibur (I have one for Celes too). Now I need to master it tomorrow so that Gilgamesh can use it for the bonus battles.

Finally did the Cid Raines (Ultimate +) Cid mission. 1 S/L and got lucky with RNG second run. Felt like Cid used Curasa, Protect and Shell a lot than he should have. Good thing too actually as when the Seraphic Ray hit he followed up with his physical (Id just gotten shellga up...my only protectga was the Vanille medica SB...underestimated how often physical attacks took place, in hindsight perhaps draw fire would have been better on Snow than Saint's Cross) and well...he whacked Lightning in the face three times so I had to do the last 40% without my biggest hitter.

Now it's Sunday so time to level up FFV characters.

How are you not destroying everything? I have 0 BSSBs and can clear almost all content thrown at us.
If they've just gotten their first MC2 they probably don't have the vast collection of RMs or honed abilities an older player has access to. You need those in tandem with a collection of strong relics but neither are a win button on their own.

So are more prizes being added to this collection event since after beating the +++ boss I could buy all mythril, sarah's crystals, the 4 star orbs, and the 4 and 5 star eggs, and I still have stuff to spare.

MiTYH

Probably lack of understanding of the game. I play casually, this is probably my 4th or 5th gacha game I play but I'm learning as I go. Also I don't have much in the way of abilities, but recently I've been powering through story mode to get more stamina (it was my regret in the latest orbfest). I think I'm at 116 or something like that so still a ways to go

Anustart

Don't ban me falk.

Did a hail Mary 1 pull on ffv banner, got Gilgamesh burst, masamune!

My first burst. How decent is it? I like having a dispel built in, as well as the taunt that comes with the bssb.

My V synergy getting pretty stout. Have Bartz SSB, Lenna medica SSB and now Gilgamesh' BSSB. Maybe I could do a cid mission.

ZangBa

After playing Exvius recently, I appreciate that this Mobius event doesn't require me to sell my soul to the devil to get all the rewards.

c-murph

After playing Exvius recently, I appreciate that this Mobius event doesn't require me to sell my soul to the devil to get all the rewards.

I know the feel... The RK event I beat the stages and was able to buy everything. Exvius with It's mogcake event is not fun at all.

Kenai

Don't ban me falk.

My first burst. How decent is it? I like having a dispel built in, as well as the taunt that comes with the bssb.

My V synergy getting pretty stout. Have Bartz SSB, Lenna medica SSB and now Gilgamesh' BSSB. Maybe I could do a cid mission.

IIrc someone mentioned several pages back that out of the top 10 rated BSBs in Japan at the moment, this banner had two of them. So grats!

Don't ban me falk.

This post made me hail mary 3 pull.

14225355_10155221237363989_3474295908481355148_n.jpg

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where do I get Summon Orbs to create the good summons? I noticed I was receiving minor/lesser orbs for the first time ever in the FFV event, so I did a quick Google search and it's telling me that the only guaranteed way to get Greater/Major Summon Orbs is the Gysahl exchange.. is that right?
I need to save up my greens for MC2's (still not good enough to earn them from events :( ) so no Valefor/Maduin for a while I guess..
Summon orbs only come from events or orb fest unfortunately.

ZangBa

I know the feel... The RK event I beat the stages and was able to buy everything. Exvius with It's mogcake event is not fun at all.

Horrible event, it's like they want people to get frustrated and quit. I just found out the materials will stop dropping the 14th, and I still need to grind flour like crazy.

SoulUnison

Banned
Record Keeper
Mobius
Unchained -X-

My SquareEnix trifecta of Gacha Games.

I've never spent a cent on any of them, though. I just rotate to the next game when I run out of stamina and make sure to always at least get the Daily Bonuses, even if I'm not feeling really playing that day. My Record Keeper collection is actually getting pretty amazing for F2P besides the rash of horrible Lucky Banner pulls I've had.

c-murph

Record Keeper
Mobius
Unchained -X-

My SquareEnix trifecta of Gacha Games.

I've never spent a cent on any of them, though. I just rotate to the next game when I run out of stamina and make sure to always at least get the Daily Bonuses, even if I'm not feeling really playing that day. My Record Keeper collection is actually getting pretty amazing for F2P besides the rash of horrible Lucky Banner pulls I've had.

I've only committed to RK and BE. Mobius can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom