• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only mildly surprised that the Twitter campaign failed, because it's harder to cheat a victory, but I didn't have much confidence in it once I saw there was no value added. Everything they post just mirrors information that's already in the game.

Already planning my FF6 bonus battle parties and I'm indecisive. I have five characters with unique soulbreaks, but I also need to fit in Relm to heal because Mog will be busy break dancing, so I have to decide who gets cut. It's basically between Edgar and Locke. If I bring Edgar then I can split Banishing Strike, Saint Cross, and a spellblade between him and Celes to blow through the first half of Ultros. If I bring Locke then I'll have a self-sustainable character who can Steal Power instead of Power Break, but then I'll only have one weakness-targeting character in Celes. For context, I have Mog's Heroic Harmony, Celes's Indomitable Blade, Edgar's Bio Blaster, Locke's Mirage Dive, and Sabin's Bum Rush. The other alternative is to cover my breaks with Setzer and just make Mog a pure white mage, but then I'll need a shared Shellga or Protectga, which isn't a huge problem, but I'd still need to decide between Locke and Edgar.

Was feeling lucky and did a single pull on the new banner and I got Terra's tiara! I have lots of good stat sticks for FF6 so it's finally good to get some SBs for the characters.

WarAdept

I hope I get Shiny Thing from my 5 mithril pull.

Celes is the worst.

LOL fuck me.

ZbueIbP.jpg

I haven't done anything less than an 11-pull since the very first couple of months, so I don't even remember what that feels like.

Damn. 6 vitality motes short of White-4 for Celes.

Balphon

I dropped about 100 mythril and got three 5*s (Locke, Setzer, off-banner), so it worked out alright. Already had Locke's, but I think I'll combine and drop rosetta stones into it.

Beginning to feel like I'm never going to get a BSB, though. Think it's taking even longer than it did to get my first SSB.

Game shits on me often, but knows how to keep me in.

3rd 11 pulls:

GL3yPYm.png

Total on 3 11 pulls:

1 Lightbringer
2 Chocobo Brush
2 Shiny Thing
2 Setzer's Card
1 Thief's Blade.

Only missed a Terra SSB instead of a double Shiny Thing or Brush and it would have been perfect! What am I talking about, got Lightbringer, I could not be happier!

Not sure what will worth being combined!

Balphon

Game shits on me often, but knows how to keep me in.

Not sure what will worth being combined!

I'd definitely combine the cards, since they fortunately abandoned the gambler item type after Setzer's first relic. The rods as well if you have at least one other FF6 mage weapon. May want to keep the hats separate since Shiny Thing is one of those weird hats with ATK that you may want to equip on multiple people. Its stats are pretty bad, though, so it's possible you won't want to use it outside FF6 dungeons.

MrDaravon

So I really want to pull on the FF6 banners because it's my favorite and Celes/Terra are bae's (and I don't have anything at all for Celes and "only" the Maduin Horn for Terra), but my FF6 synergy is probably my best realm. I'm not sure how to process this.

So I really want to pull on the FF6 banners because it's my favorite and Celes/Terra are bae's (and I don't have anything at all for Celes and "only" the Maduin Horn for Terra), but my FF6 synergy is probably my best realm. I'm not sure how to process this.

FF6 is one of my strongest too and I would've pulled if I had the mythril because FF6 might be my favorite, but I've been pulling pretty steadily lately so I am poor.

Xetherion

I'm waiting for banner 2 because

I already have Valiant Knife and Chocobo Brush, but don't have anything on banner 2.
I really want Celes' Excalibur, both for the Runic effect and to have another RS +Holy weapon for my Pecil BSB.
I also really want Chainsaw because it's my favorite Tool for one of my favorite FFVI characters and the animation is spectacular.
And I really want Sabin's Tiger Fang both for the physical blink which i don't have, and because he's my 2nd favorite character of all FF.

Teiran

VI is my strongest realm by a significant margin, but Lightbringer is absurdly good and Tiara belongs to my favorite character, so sure, why not.

Three 11x pulls later:

I had prepared enough mythril to go six deep on 11x, but once the fourth Tiara appeared... yeah, it was time to stop.

Balphon

FF6 is one of my better realms too and I pulled some anyway.

Why not, FF6 is awesome.

Kenai

I pulled on FF6 banner too despite having tons of FF6 syngery, cause FF6.

No Lightbringer, but I did get Knife, Shiny Thing and a second Brush. I'm ok with that. Probably will do an 11 pull on the next FF8 banner then hold off til the 2 BSSB + 1 OSB banners start coming.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Well, I caved and chased Lightbringer/Illumina
First 11x: Tiara
Second 11x: Valient Knife x2
Yolo pull: Crystal Helm (V)
Third 11x: Cards, Thief Bracers, and Lightbringer/Illumina!

Wish I would have gotten Gau's SSB instead Locke's since I already have Shadow's, but I can't complain. Now we wait for G5.

V19e is my friend code if I remember correctly, and Celes is now my RW as you'd expect

Anustart

Don't think I'll pull on this banner. FF 6 is one of my favorites, but everything but the BSSB look pretty jank and not game changing. Maybe banner 2 will have a better spread.

MrDaravon

I follow the twitter account largely for laughs as this point. Like, I'm not actually mad about it or anything but it's kind of sad how inept whoever running it is.

So starting a few days ago my Daily Dungeons have been bugged (I think?) Everyday I go to check my dailies and easy,normal, and hard dungeons are marked as complete when I did not finish them. The hardest difficulty I can complete as of now is heroic so I miss out on the other three pieces of mythril and the completion rewards. I am assuming this is a bug as it hasn't happened once since I started the game up again two weeks ago.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is there a way to fix this?

WarAdept

So starting a few days ago my Daily Dungeons have been bugged (I think?) Everyday I go to check my dailies and easy,normal, and hard dungeons are marked as complete when I did not finish them. The hardest difficulty I can complete as of now is heroic so I miss out on the other three pieces of mythril and the completion rewards. I am assuming this is a bug as it hasn't happened once since I started the game up again two weeks ago.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is there a way to fix this?

Did you complete those difficulties on that particular daily last week? All dailies only give the rewards once, even when it rolls over into the next week.

Otherwise, no I have never heard of a bug like that.

Did you complete those difficulties on that particular daily last week? All dailies only give the rewards once, even when it rolls over into the next week.

Otherwise, no I have never heard of a bug like that.

Wait, so are you saying that if I completed last Tuesday's daily at hard then this Tuesday's hard dungeon will be mastered already? If that's the case then I truly did not know that. Thanks for the info.

WarAdept

Wait, so are you saying that if I completed last Tuesday's daily at hard then this Tuesday's hard dungeon will be mastered already? If that's the case then I truly did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Yup that's correct. Max of 66 Mithril from doing all daily quests I believe.

MrDaravon

Finally got around to doing the FF5 U/U+ and Mobius U/U+ since Friday is the only day I don't need the orbs. I'm actually kind of mad that I beat the U+ while getting CM and Mastery after only one S/L with this setup, I really shouldn't have lol:

4vUZBNf.png

My levels are obviously good, but Exdeath is the only FF5 character I've got multiple/good relics for. Bartz was rocking Lupine Barrage and Faris her new bracers, both of which was doing ~12k per SB, and Exdeath's SB (from the armor, forget the name) was doing about 15k. Once I got mitigation up it was just a slog as Bartz wasn't doing a lot of damage to me, but I also (relatively) wasn't doing much to him either. Having Lenna's Princess Favor SB was probably a lifesaver though since it let me use wall for my RW. In hindsight I definitely should have had Bartz bring something else besides Tempo Flurry, and I never really used Exdeath to heal so I could have gone MM + DZ or a second offensive spell or something.

I feel kinda bad and think I got at least partially lucky given the problems people seem to be having with that one, but it does make me feel good about being able to clear content/CM's since I don't think my FF5 synergy is that good (again barring Exdeath and having a Cura medica). The Mobius U/U+ isn't even worth mentioning with how easy it is lol.

Going to take a look at upcoming banners but I'm probably going to do an 11-pull on the first FF6 banner because fuck it.

Cid Mission Mastery for Bartz with this team

Rw was stoneskin 2, banked on trueblade and faithful companion with lenna's flames of war to carry the day.

Drainga strike helped me get past the opening phase, honed the def down dance to r2 and full break to r3

I absolutely demolished all of the non-CM BBs because of how good my A-Team has become. I followed the same general strategy of someone RW Walls, Tyro Bursts and Ramza Shouts before everyone goes into DPSville. The only slight issue was Shout and Mitigation running out against Omniscient, as I had to keep waiting for Stop to stick before DPSing. As a result, I ended the fight with WoL taking a post-defeat Flare with no mitigation.

Getting Shout truly made my team all the more effective, because before Tyro could only use his gauge for Walls. I used to always RW Shout, but now I can RW Wall and actually use Tyro's Burst. Having WoL's Physical Blink w/ Tyro's Magic Blink is a fantastic combo. Plus, Tyro's Burst abilities help lower the bosses damage even further and it's Shell/Protectga start up provides a flex spot on my WM for more DPS or Utility. I also have Celes w/ her SSB in the wings if I need her to suck up ST Magic / Debuffs.

I will be waiting until Thursday to do the bonus battles. I think I'll run this setup:

Gilgamesh: R4 Banishing Strike, R3 Saint's Cross | Kaiser Knuckles
Galuf: R4 Power Break, R3 Full Charge, Fist of the Dawn | Thor Hammer
Faris: R2 Full Break, R3 Thief's Revenge, Kindred Spirit / Serpent's Gale | Aevis Killer, Faris's Bracers
Exdeath: Haste, Curaga, Shared Medica
Lenna: Protectga, Curaja, Shared Medica
RW: Wall

My plan worked perfectly. I had to S/L two or three times, because of Monk Kick shenanigans / breaking too soon and eating double cuts with no def buffs. However, I had a run where Lenna had a full ATB and got Protectga off immediately. The rest of my starting turn was Exdeath hasting himself, Gilgamesh RW Walling, Faris FBing and Galuf FotD. Once I had all of my mitigation up, Bartz was only hitting for ~600 or so. I took ~15 or so turns total and ended the fight with Kindred Spirit -> 2x Serpent's Gale in my final 3 turns for huge amount of damage.

V U:

V U+ CM:

Mobius U:

Mobius U+:

MrDaravon

Burnt almost all my mythril on the first FF6 banner (11 and 3 pull) and all I got was the shared Thief's Bracer relic, sigh. It's a good stat stick but I already have borderline ridiculous FF6 armor options across the board so it's better than nothing but not by much. Bummed but I expected nothing so that's at least something lol. I looked at upcoming banners, nothing really specifically interests me that's upcoming so I'll stash for Guaranteed 5*/Lucky Draws.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'm late to the party but this last update is so nice. The vault and being able to refresh RW's is so nice.

I did a 3-pull on the VI banner and came up with Setzer's Cards. Does that stack with breakdown abilities?

Balphon

Has anyone ever been limited by or even close to affected by the amount of gil they have on hand? Such a useless currently.

Orbfests give far more than we've needed but reforging is incredibly expensive.

I'm at like 90 million right now.

Ultros+ was pretty easy, but fun. Always thought his jumping around in that fight was super goofy.

Xetherion

Got Chainsaw on 100 gem pull! Stoked to get my Jason on, but now i'm not sure if I still want to draw on this banner or not. Still don't have Indomitable Blade or a physical blink...

Ultros+ was pretty easy, but fun. Always thought his jumping around in that fight was super goofy.

Yeah, because each phase has so little HP, I wasn't really sure when it was a good time to use Mog's Heroic Harmony, such that I probably would've been better off giving him a shared group Cure. I used Sabin's Bum Rush at all sorts of bad times too. My bonus battle runs are below:

The Hidden One (Ultimate)
Meddling Tentacles (Ultimate +)

The next Nightmare gate should open soon. Looking forward to this one because I still need to fill out my black mage relics, having only Papalymo's SSB so far.

Czarcasm

100 gem - Nothing
11-pull on banner 1 - Nothing
3-pull on banner 1 - Valient Knife

In other news, Ultros is a pain in the ass without native haste or medica for VI

Czarcasm

I did it without either of those things.

Well, for me, he's been doing nothing but the AoE attacks and even with all the breakdowns and defensive spells, I can't keep up. I'm lucky if I can get to phase 3 without someone already dead.

For reference, here's my VI relics:
Kotetsu,Valiant Knife, Kaiser Knuckles, Drill, Ichigeki, Stardust Rod

Edit: With Protega, Power Breakdown, and Full Break, I'm still being hit for 1.6k on average

Woot got setzers ssb from the 100 gem pull, first in a long while from those pulls.

Easy ultimate and cids then with:
Edgar drill sb
Celes bab
Setzer, didn't use his ssb but nice stats
Locke wth valiant knife

No haste gas no medicas no worries with that line up, rw wall

Re Gil, I have 99.4m going to burn through that when reforge comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom