• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give these a whirl later in the week, but I think I'll be more than able to wreck things due to my stacked FF6 gear. I'll likely roll with Celes SSB, Locke SSB or Shadow SSB, Setzer (only one with no SB), Kefka Magic Infusion, Mog Sunbath, RW Wall.

They just wrapped up the FFRK stream at TGS and some new info was revealed. I know we generally don't spoiler stuff anymore, but I will here just in case.
-Emperor Mateus (FFII) Event coming.
-Cloud of Darkness (FFIII) Event coming.
-The original story for FFRK will start this year in Japan.
-The female Keeper character and summon beasts will be featured in the story.
-New "Magic Gem" system coming, no details revealed, but seems to involve summon beasts.
-World of Final Fantasy Collaboration Event coming to Japan this year.
-The two MCs of WoFF will be playable in RK.
-Whatever is going to happen on Sept. 25th of this year (RK's 2 year anniversary) is going to remain a secret until the day of.

Source

Razmos

Damn that all sounds great. Really curious to see Cloud of Darkness's sprite.

Can't wait for the World of Final fantasy event.

Still really hoping for some Type-0 love though, especially after Ace's Dissidia reveal

Falk

that puzzling face
It's basically a giant signboard saying "hey it's time to make like 100 accounts with Nox and pull on all of them for a week and see what kind of shit you end up with"

edit: Getting caught up on hones though, good luck. They're pretty much rationed out unlike being able to spam AP pots and grind your nose off.

Can somebody tell me what the point of the Bartz fight is?

This is the kind of garbage design that makes a day one player start thinking about quitting and stop pumping $10+ a month into it.

Wow I did not go 0/66 on the last Nightmare Lucky Draws. 2/11, old Magus Rod for Krile and Hope BSB. I now have both his BSB and SSB, don't like Hope much, but he's good in this game! Time to read about that BSB! Edit: Not so great but not so bad. +10 MAG and some good damage and en-holy.

Kaiterra

Banned
I seriously don't remember the last Lucky Draw I actually got a 5* on. It's just been one 0/11 after another, and several of my regular banner pulls have been too. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

WarAdept

Wrong whip Krile!

UHwVF4M.jpg

Got paloms dagger ssb and Terra's minerva bustier. The dagger is my best mag weapon now and the bustier will be nice at the next Vi event and the nightmare. Debating to drop a mythril to learn the paloms ssb

MrDaravon

Went ahead and paid for this lucky draw since I'm tapped out on mythrill, and at half price is what I feel like these should be priced at anyway so I'm fine with it. Also worth noting outside of 100 gems the only time I have paid for anything was an 11-pull on FFT.

That said, I did okay I think.

6OPItMY.png

I already had a Morning Star that wasn't getting used as a stat stick due to having a Maduin Horn+, but combining this one should leapfrog that so could be worse. Vivi's Mace is kind of so-so but it's not terrible, and my FF9 synergy is pretty much ass so this is a welcome addition.

The Seraphic Rod (which got listed as the Angel Rod in the relic posts on reddit initially which made it hard for me to find info on) seems pretty darn valuable and has no current recurrence. The only bummer there is my only other current native Hastega is Kefka's cloak which is Haste + Magic up, so the Seraphic Rod is probably better overall but there is some overlap there. Still can't complain for sure here though, this is another solid option and one I would probably take over Kefka's anyway barring specific situations.

I think this Crystal Helm is going to give me my 3rd Crystal Helm++ lol

0/11 on the Lucky Draw. 0/11 (x2) on the Greg banner and 0/11 on the Celes banner. I honestly can't complain, because I've had amazing luck thus far and don't generally have trouble clearing anything, but recency bias is clouding my viewpoint.

This is my most-played, most-enjoyed game for something like the past two years, so I honestly can't fault it much.

Got Desch's Sword from the LD, my first FFIII relic!

And that's the last 11 Pull I'm doing until we get guaranteed 5*. No more worrying about no rainbows.

Anustart

I shouldn't pull on this lucky. I've never once pulled a magic relic/sb so I know I'll whiff.

Incoming pull once I get 15 more mythril...

Nightmare Kaiser Dragon Mastered. Had to restart once because I pushed him into his third phase too quickly, so I didn't get the water/lighting weakness medal requirements. Luckily my second time he switched to his water & lighting forms quite quickly.

It was fun unloading a much of magic based SSBs at the end.

Adeptrain

So the nightmare dungeons are open and I've never tried them. Which dungeon do people recommend I start with? Just go in order? Is there one or two that are easier than others? I just finished my first ultimate dungeon so I think I might be able to clear the nightmares now... Maybe... Hopefully...

Balphon

So the nightmare dungeons are open and I've never tried them. Which dungeon do people recommend I start with? Just go in order? Is there one or two that are easier than others? I just finished my first ultimate dungeon so I think I might be able to clear the nightmares now... Maybe... Hopefully...

The newer they are, the harder they are, generally.

Anyone crafting Meltdown?

I just did. Going to use it against the nightmare boss and see how it is. (Used it. Kinda meh about it. Great when you're hitting a weakness though)
If anyone is struggling with the boss I absolutely suggest bringing some form of Magic Blink. It's seriously important.

Also, I too got went 1/11 on the lucky draw and got the FFV Moore Branch.

I only got Expert against Kaiser Dragon. I tried to tank his last Meltdown but lost enough dudes to drop a KO medal. I will probably try again tomorrow, because I have a few party ideas to eek out a little more damage to get through the second phase more quickly. Amusingly, major fire resist combined with the fire crystal causes Meltdown to heal you. Pretty challenging fight when you only have one black mage relic. I might try bringing Selphie for Dreamstage as well.

Or I'll stay awake and try again. Swapped Braska for Selphie and it became a lot more breezy. I only recorded my initial clear, but I did screenshot my medals screen. Party image was done in post, but I used my very last Krile RW for the same party.

My terrible expert clear, for the curious: Kaiser Dragon (Nightmare)

2/11: Healing Grimoire and Braska's Staff (X)

I'll never get the good Tyro relics, will I? Healing Grimoire is a balance change away from being useful (it's a strong heal but it is one of the few relics to require two SB bars to use).

Still I don't think anything could beat this reddit post though:
http://imgur.com/SY6NguA
Hope they like Echo

Question: Does upcoming Mug Bloodlust's ATK buff share the same buff code that HotE / Basch's Shied does? I assume so, since its buff is basically a 10% weaker, 5s shorter version of the HotE/AS buff.

Thief 6* - Mug Bloodlust: 3.2x ST, Enemy Debuff: ATK and DEF -20% for 20 seconds, Self Buff: ATK and DEF +20% for 20 seconds.

Do you not have shout or wall?
I have both. My V synergy is pretty good too.

I managed to beat it with a party of four (Auron ate it right at the start), it's just frustrating because there's no challenge to this crap; the "challenge" is hoping the stars align and you can setup six forms of mitigation so the damage output is realistic, then the fight is pretty simple. I don't feel proud or accomplished for finishing a fight like that, because it was simply waiting and retrying until the right characters did not start with an empty meter AND hope that Bartz didn't kick three times in a row (which he somehow gets to do before my characters can barely eek out one action).

I kind of thought we were past that nonsense with the introduction of Cid Mission, hopefully it was an anomaly.

He's Realm I's support (alongside with Echo for Multi Break). It mirrors his versatility from Mobius in being able to do everything but obviously they can't just 5* all the jobs from that game to RK.

Later on he gets 5* Shooter (of all things).

After thoughtful investigation, I can safely conclude Wol is a rare POS character.
He may be Realm's I support but he can't even full break, nor do anything useful actually.
Combat 3, Support 4, Celerity 4, Dragoon 3, Thief 4, Samurai 4.
In the future, Machinist 5.
No Record Dive, not even in JP. What a joke.

MiTYH

Did my lucky draw, got 3 5-stars!

- VIII Sorceress's Crown (Edea)
- VII Reno's Goggles (Reno)
- XIII Raine's Cloak (Cid Raines)

I have both. My V synergy is pretty good too.

I managed to beat it with a party of four (Auron ate it right at the start), it's just frustrating because there's no challenge to this crap; the "challenge" is hoping the stars align and you can setup six forms of mitigation so the damage output is realistic, then the fight is pretty simple. I don't feel proud or accomplished for finishing a fight like that, because it was simply waiting and retrying until the right characters did not start with an empty meter AND hope that Bartz didn't kick three times in a row (which he somehow gets to do before my characters can barely eek out one action).

I kind of thought we were past that nonsense with the introduction of Cid Mission, hopefully it was an anomaly.

It's a pretty brutal fight even if you have great synergy. I was able to satisfy the Cid Mission with a Shout RW, but I had a native group Cura/Major Regen SB for Lenna and an equally vital Excalibur for Bartz that grants 50% DEF. I had to equip my party pretty oddly too, to get the best DEF distribution possible in order to survive the double monk kick at the start. My final party iteration was very stable and reliable, but getting there was pretty ugly.

Question: Does upcoming Mug Bloodlust's ATK buff share the same buff code that HotE / Basch's Shied does? I assume so, since its buff is basically a 10% weaker, 5s shorter version of the HotE/AS buff.

Thief 6* - Mug Bloodlust: 3.2x ST, Enemy Debuff: ATK and DEF -20% for 20 seconds, Self Buff: ATK and DEF +20% for 20 seconds.

No, it won't stack with Hand of the Emperor, Apocalypse Shield, or Angel's Snack (or Auron's -ATK/DEF SSB from the debuff side). It'll still be a superb ability when you're in the many records that don't have native access to those status effects, especially because most thieves don't have great options for their second slot once Thief's Revenge is honed up enough to be their primary attack.

Anyone else planning to skip the Double BSB fest? I'm already set with a good mix of gear (SG, Shout, multiple Medicas, Tyro BSB, Lightning BSB, Celes/WoL/Locke/Tidus/Shadow SSBs, etc...) so am planning on only doing $1 pulls for each banner.

I'm currently at just enough Mythril to do a Lucky Draw later this week. After that, I'll be able to save up enough to do one draw on FF7 Banner 1 next month and then save up enough for two draws on FFX Banner 1 the month after. Both of those look like great banners, especially since we should have G5 by then.

No, it won't stack with Hand of the Emperor, Apocalypse Shield, or Angel's Snack (or Auron's -ATK/DEF SSB from the debuff side). It'll still be a superb ability when you're in the many records that don't have native access to those status effects, especially because most thieves don't have great options for their second slot once Thief's Revenge is honed up enough to be their primary attack.
Just as I thought. So it does stack with Shout and Celes/OK BSBs then. Excelent.

LucaMac

I use it religiously on Faris in Japan. Have her BSSB so she casts Mug Bloodlust, then BSSB, then both commands repeat...I even honed it once to be able to do four cycles in harder fights. It's glorious. Have thief's revenge in her second slot but it's just insurance for if she takes a battering...

Balphon

Kaiser Dragon kinda sucks to fight and I don't want to make Flare just for one battle.

I may wait and come back with some chain element spells.

More evidence that the game wants me to mage meta. Even though I knew I was due for a 0/11 pull since it's been a while, I went 2/11 on the lucky draw. A dagger for palom or porom can't ever keep them straight, and cardinal for Rinoa. Meh.

My only faithga is Fusoya's Lunar Auspice. Anyone know where that ranks among the faithga SBs? I imagine pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom